M.Bison versus Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
Normal Magneto without any uber amplifications against Bison from StreetFighter. Who wins?????

LordFear
I am going to say Bison because his psycho powers are enormous, plus he is an excellent hand to hand fighter and with a tremendous cunning mind and viciousness!!!
He can create his own force fields and pretty much can match Mags toe to toe

demigawd
heh. Bison goes flying by the iron in his blood to the nearest planet...

paeng
Bison is doomed from the moment they start to fight. Magneto will just control all the metal from Bison's body (Shoulder Pad and his Belt) and stuck it up to Bison's Butt and comes out from his Mouth. What a Horrorific death.

LordFear
WITH HIS force field around him, Bison has a good chance to withstand that attack

demigawd
Magneto wouldn't be hitting him with blunt force, though. He's affecting his body. Besides, Bison's forcefield is psionic, correct? Magneto can disrupt psionics with his power.

LordFear
Not on Bison's level.
You people seem to not understand Bison's psi powers.
He is not some common thug.
Furthermore a psionic force field can protect you from a variety of attacks not just physical ones.

demigawd
You're trying to say Bison is a better psionic than Phoenix and Xavier?

Xplosive
It would be close

LordFear
Demigawd, I would dare you to tell me otherwise. Although I am not sure of that statement but even if I was to say that Bison' s psi powers rival Phoenix or more, you cannot prove otherwise because Bison's past and full potential are still shrouded in mystery therefore we really don't know. One thing is for sure though in my opinion, Bison is stronger than Xavier. Bison has demonstrated the capacity to track read minds as well as influence people that might be in a different time zone then him. He has done it with KEN AND CAMMY. That's a feat Xavier can't do without Cerebro.

demigawd
Actually, the reason Xavier can't communite with people across the globe is because MAGNETO screwed up long range telepathy using...ta da...electromagnetism. He manipulated the EM fields of the planet to prevent it. When Xavier was in space, he was in constant contact with Shi'Ar agents from planets away.

Bison's psionic feats aren't very impressive compared to Phoenix. And Magneto beat Phoenix WITH the Phoenix Force. And that was before his second and third power up.

LordFear
Ah man c'mon we all know that Xmen continuum doesn't always follow logical, sensible order nor decent and plausible scenarios. Depends on the author or as I like to call it, flavor of the month.
Despite all of that, Bison's true powers are still not fully known.

demigawd
I'm not sure what your issues with X-men continuum have to do with this fight. Magneto screwed up psionic powers on several occasions, and they have pretty good reasoning for it.

It may be that Bison is really some kind of Dark Phoenix level mega psi. But until they reveal that or show a feat more impressive than throwing a car, I have absolutely no reason to believe it.

Magneto, on the other hand, has a field day with psionics. A character being mysterious is no excuse for giving him the win over an established characters. Based on their respective showings, Magneto wins easily. And it'll stay that way until a Bison story comes along that shows otherwise.

LordFear
I mention Xmen continum so that u may recall and admit that they don't always make sense. Their stories are half assed and not founded. They base their outcomes mostly on popularity votes.

demigawd
No they don't. When have you ever seen an official X-men popularity vote? And their stories aren't any more unfounded than any other story in comics - in fact, they're much less so. That's why they've been consistently best sellers.

Are there things that don't make sense in X-men? Yes.

Is Magneto using his EM control to block psionics one of them? No.

Xplosive
Originally posted by LordFear
Demigawd, I would dare you to tell me otherwise. Although I am not sure of that statement but even if I was to say that Bison' s psi powers rival Phoenix or more, you cannot prove otherwise because Bison's past and full potential are still shrouded in mystery therefore we really don't know. One thing is for sure though in my opinion, Bison is stronger than Xavier. Bison has demonstrated the capacity to track read minds as well as influence people that might be in a different time zone then him. He has done it with KEN AND CAMMY. That's a feat Xavier can't do without Cerebro.

While I think it could be close vs Magneto, Bison brains aren't strong for Xavier. It's pretty stupid mentionig rivaly agaistn Phoenix, yeah right. I think in the end Magneto would prevail agiasnt Bison.

demigawd
To take a page out of the AC school of using comparisons - if someone posted a thread where Magneto fought Ryu or Zangief fought Hulk, people would likely laugh that person off the board.

Ryu is one of Bison's main opponents.

Xplosive
Originally posted by demigawd

Bison's psionic feats aren't very impressive compared to Phoenix. And Magneto beat Phoenix WITH the Phoenix Force. And that was before his second and third power up.

True demigawd, but that was one of the worst wrinitng in Marvel ever and you can never take that seriously, that is like it never happened, it's just funny.

demigawd
Worst writing in Marvel ever? Most people consider that arc - the beginning of the Phoenix Saga, to be one the best ever. So I think most people would disagree with you there.

Xplosive
To take a page out of the AC school of using comparisons - if someone posted a thread where Magneto fought Ryu or Zangief fought Hulk, people would likely laugh that person off the board.

Ryu is one of Bison's main opponents.

Well Ryu and Akuma are even more powerful, maybe even easily. Ryu has tremendous power.
LordFear has 100% right that X-Men continumm doesn't follow logicall in many issues.
And I dint' thin whole Phoenix Saga, but Magento beaitn Phoenix (I hope you don't think Magneto is more powerful than Phoenix), it's pure joke and at the mean time sad, so why do you think I agree with LordFear 100% about that.

demigawd
Some Magneto clone beat her again more recently in a Grant Morrison issue that most people say is one of the best arcs in the last 10 years. Wanna call that crap writing too?

So now you're saying that Ryu could beat Magneto???

No comic is completely logical in many issues. Creative teams change, and each creative team has their own view of the characters and they write according to that view. Sometimes their views contradict each other. That's the nature of an ongoing series of any kind - from Soap Operas to anime to the Fantastic Four to X-men. Dr. Doom stole Galactus' power, yet he lost to Squirrel Girl. I don't see your point in mentioning continuum.

As for the Magneto vs. Phoenix fight - it's not a matter of who is more powerful. Magneto didn't win because he's more powerful. He won because he's smarter and more resourceful. He drew upon all the EM energy of the entire planet and took it to her, causing her to shut down and suck the life right out of her. That's pure skill. You have to look past trading card power levels and look at the character himself - Magneto is as deadly as he is because he's good at using what he has, not because he can overwhelm you with his might.

Magneto beat Phoenix...twice. Phoenix is more powerful than Bison. Ergo, Magneto beats Bison. Not that hard.

Xplosive
Some Magneto clone beat her again more recently in a Grant Morrison issue that most people say is one of the best arcs in the last 10 years. Wanna call that crap writing too?

So now you're saying that Ryu could beat Magneto???

No comic is completely logical in many issues. Creative teams change, and each creative team has their own view of the characters and they write according to that view. Sometimes their views contradict each other. That's the nature of an ongoing series of any kind - from Soap Operas to anime to the Fantastic Four to X-men. Dr. Doom stole Galactus' power, yet he lost to Squirrel Girl. I don't see your point in mentioning continuum.

As for the Magneto vs. Phoenix fight - it's not a matter of who is more powerful. Magneto didn't win because he's more powerful. He won because he's smarter and more resourceful. He drew upon all the EM energy of the entire planet and took it to her, causing her to shut down and suck the life right out of her. That's pure skill. You have to look past trading card power levels and look at the character himself - Magneto is as deadly as he is because he's good at using what he has, not because he can overwhelm you with his might.

Magneto beat Phoenix...twice. Phoenix is more powerful than Bison. Ergo, Magneto beats Bison. Not that hard.

Bad writing, sometiems my heart just breaks because of such writnig, Magneto having the power to shut Phoenix, &ucking stupid and illogical. Phoenix is just way to powerful for Magneto, I jsut can't believe it sometitmes. Abot Ryu, he could, he achived enormous power that could easily go thorug Magento shields. I think Ryu has greater energy (or Magneto would shut him down, yeah right in his dreams). The only way it would be if somehow he would get him , that Magneto would surround him with metal, otherwise no.

demigawd
You've completely missed the point. If everything were neatly broken down into "whoever is more powerful wins", then there's be no point in having a comic battle thread, would there? Is Phoenix more powerful than Magneto? Yes...but what does that mean if she's not as smart or as skilled? Nothing. That's why she lost...not bad writing, not illogical continuum, nothing but a sheer difference in skill.

LordFear
My point exactly.
Knowing the origin of the Phoenix when it was told by the Shi'ar clearly made this being out to be a cosmic entity who's powers are virtually limitless. Now you agree with a story that shows Magneto besting such a being as legitimate????
C'mon demigawd, c'mon man be real with yourself.
Magneto is formidable but to make him able to beat Phoenix is ridiculous and that further backs up my claim that Xmen continum is based mostly on popularity. It's doesn't matter if an official poll was never held in Wizard or in Marvel but the writers know what the fans want to read and that's that. Many times I have read Xmen issues that contradict former stories or claims of a character. The continuum is not factual, and doesn't always stay true to the story or character when it comes to the Xmen. The reason why they are so popular because the characters are interesting and the story revolving around the whole mutant debate is interesting.
You cannot sincerly believe a story arc that depicts Magneto defeating Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!! That is an absolute joke and an insult to fans everywhere.

demigawd
Greater energy??? This isn't Marvel vs. Capcom - Ryu is absolutely nothing compared to Magneto, hahahaha. Now I've heard it all! Is Ryu going to spin kick through a blackhole? Is he going to dragon punch his blood being controlled? Is he going to fireball through mind control? Ridiculous! hahahahahaha.

demigawd
My point exactly.
Knowing the origin of the Phoenix when it was told by the Shi'ar clearly made this being out to be a cosmic entity who's powers are virtually limitless. Now you agree with a story that shows Magneto besting such a being as legitimate????
Magneto is formidable but to make him able to beat Phoenix is ridiculous and that further backs up my claim that Xmen continum is based mostly on popularity. It's doesn't matter if an official poll was never held in Wizard or in Marvel but the writers know what the fans want to read and that's that. Many times I have read Xmen issues that contradict former stories or claims of a character. The continuum is not factual, and doesn't always stay true to the story or character when it comes to the Xmen. The reason why they are so popular because the characters are interesting and the story revolving around the whole mutant debate is interesting.
You cannot sincerly believe a story arc that depicts Magneto defeating Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!! That is an absolute joke and an insult to fans everywhere.

That storyline had nothing to do with popularity - at the time that story came out, there was relatively low readership for the X-men. You have to remember, this was back in the 70s when this story took place. No variant covers, no Wizard, no message board. The creative had no idea who was more popular than who - they just wrote the story. It was all purposefully done, because it was by the same creative team in the same period of time.

There was a point to that battle - Phoenix was introduced as having limtless potential, but within the limits of a human host who was just learning her powers. Magneto had less power but achieved mastery over it. It was a classic power vs. control battle....and control won. I found it to be plausably done, and very realistic.

The problem with people on this board is that they don't understand the importance of skill and control. They neatly assign numbers to people based on power level, and whoever has a higher power number should win. It's not that simple. Not in the real world and not in comics. Get that straight.

Back on topic - Magneto stomps the entire SF universe at the same time by opening up a black hole and sucking them all in.

Xplosive
My point exactly.

100% right, 100%. Excatly what the fans want. And demigwod, if your powers suprasees you opponent for billion times, you can be stupid as you want. Ryu has great energy, Magneto is going down, Magento wouldn't be abe to hold Ryu enormous energy blast, he could easily go through Magneto shields, you are comparing Bison vs Magneto, and than saying Ryu is nothing to Magneto, while Ryu surpasses Bison. Magneto si going down.

LordFear
There is absolutely nothing that Magneto can bring to the table in terms of skill that can beat an opponent that can decimate galaxies and consume suns for their pleasure.
REALLY man!!!!!
What kind of shit are you believing here????
So as long as a decent scenario is played out for you, you accept any kind of nonsense???
Just like Batman versus Hulk right???
That outcome was good writing because of Bat's skill to make Hulk swallow a sleeping pill????
Don't you find that as a scenario really really reaching and practically a desperate attempt at explaining something that is improbable???

Xplosive
There is absolutely nothing that Magneto can bring to the table in terms of skill that can beat an opponent that can decimate galaxies and consume suns for their pleasure.
REALLY man!!!!!
So as long as a decent scenario is played out for you, you accept any kind of nonsense???
That outcome was good writing because of Bat's skill to make Hulk swallow a sleeping pill????
Don't you find that as a scenario really really reaching and practically a desperate attempt at explaining something that is improbable???

I remember in other forum where was Batman vs Hulk. I say Hulk easily and that is not even a match. Than such peopel as deimwgod came and say Batman undoubtely win, I was pissed, what are they thinking. And I was all alone there, there was only Batman fasn agaisnt me. And say that is logicall, Magneto beating Phoenix, or Batman beating Hulk.

demigawd
Originally posted by Xplosive
100% right, 100%. Excatly what the fans want. And demigwod, if your powers suprasees you opponent for billion times, you can be stupid as you want. Ryu has great energy, Magneto is going down, Magento wouldn't be abe to hold Ryu enormous energy blast, he could easily go through Magneto shields, you are comparing Bison vs Magneto, and than saying Ryu is nothing to Magneto, while Ryu surpasses Bison. Magneto si going down.

Magneto's shields held up against a shot from Galactus, multiple shots from Thor, and the blast of several nuclear weapons. You're telling me Ryu has greater energy than that? Please...tell me...what on earth is that assessment based on? Give me one, just one example of anything Ryu or anybody in the SF universe has done that would exceed the power output of a nuclear weapon. If you give me just one example, I'll graciously concede my point and acknowledge Ryu as Magneto's master.

Just one!

REALLY man!!!!!

There's a big difference between Magneto vs. Phoenix and Batman vs. Hulk. Batman is completely incapable of hurting Hulk at all, even of Hulk is asleep. Phoenix is in the body of a human, a human who can be hurt or killed just like anybody else. Phoenix has to rely on her powers to prevent that from happening. If she is unable to do so, just like any other human, she loses. Think about it - the power to consume stars and planets, the ability to wreck two heralds of Galactus and fight against Galactus himself. How did Dark Phoenix die? Laser gun.

Think about that. Let it marinate for a minute and you'll have an idea of what that means and what the creative team was trying to say with that whole story. Then maybe you'll understand how "lowly Magneto" could beat "mighty Phoenix"

LordFear
Demigawd, let me ask you a final question, based on your control versus
absolute power theory?

You agree that we as a nation the good ol' USA are the number one superpower on this planet, surpassing even the Roman empire at it's peak????Right?

Now based on your theory, this would not be so because there are numerous much smaller, less economically stable and resourceful countries with less of a military force who have power of their own and complete mastery over it YET cannot surpass the supremecy of this great Nation.
Shouldn't these countries who are less powerful but have power and control over their people and dictate the masses at their whim, they could by your statement above defeat the US who gives their people a right to decide and to choose???

Draco69
Comparing international politics and this fight is completely mismatched. Not even close. It's far more complicated.

LordFear
In Xplosive's defense, I must say that Ryu has tremendous energy.
During his training with Dhalsim, Dhalsim advised him that if he was able to withstand the training given and master it as well as his mind, the potential of tapping into this "chi force" is virtually limitless. This is energy that is similar to ambient energy, all around you, it is so powerful that this is why if not properly mastered you turn into Akuma or dark Ryu. Could Ryo defeat Mags, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it!!

demigawd
Bad analogy, at the the way you described it. The US has both better power AND better control than anybody else. That's why they win.

But since you want to play the military analogy game, I'll do you one better...

US vs. Vietnam. The US has superior power in every possible way. Why did they lose? Because the Viet forces had better control over the battlefield. They knew the terrain better, they had better organization, they were more committed to the cause. They knew when to hit, when to run, when to hide. That superior control and skill on the battlefield is why they won....

despite the US's superior firepower.

So thanks for proving my point for me.

demigawd
In Xplosive's defense, I must say that Ryu has tremendous energy.
During his training with Dhalsim, Dhalsim advised him that if he was able to withstand the training given and master it as well as his mind, the potential of tapping into this "chi force" is virtually limitless. This is energy that is similar to ambient energy, all around you, it is so powerful that this is why if not properly mastered you turn into Akuma or dark Ryu. Could Ryo defeat Mags, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it!!

Bah. Marvel describes Magneto's power as limtless too. Everything is limtless in comics. Show me feats! FEATS!

Xplosive
Magneto's shields held up against a shot from Galactus, multiple shots from Thor, and the blast of several nuclear weapons. You're telling me Ryu has greater energy than that? Please...tell me...what on earth is that assessment based on? Give me one, just one example of anything Ryu or anybody in the SF universe has done that would exceed the power output of a nuclear weapon. If you give me just one example, I'll graciously concede my point and acknowledge Ryu as Magneto's master.

Ryu blast easily surpasses Thor shots, easily. Galactus shot at Magneto with relax, nothing. Ryu blast would easily go through Magneto shield.

nimbus006
Lord Fear that comparison is ilogical, and irrelevent to this topic and we our all dumber now because of it... you are awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul!

Draco69
Ryu blast easily surpasses Thor shots, easily. Galactus shot at Magneto with relax, nothing. Ryu blast would easily go through Magneto shield.

hysterical

LordFear
nimbus my argument holds weight.
Perhaps your intellect will not allow you think outside the box and ponder thoughts greater then "What am I gonna eat for dinner?"
On behalf of all members in this forum don't generalize or attempt to relate your limited brainpower with the rest of the members here.

BTW Just to make it easier for people who might be "lacking" in the brains department, let me simplify the analogy for you,
Can an ant beat a lion?????
Answer is no whatever scenario or "skill" the ant may have.
Is that better for you Nimbus?

demigawd

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't just SAY his shots easily surpass Thor's. PROVE IT. What's he done? What are his feats? Name something that makes you think he could surpass Galactus and Thor. C'mon...just name something for me. Throw me a bone.

nimbus my argument holds weight.
Perhaps your intellect will not allow you think outside the box and ponder thoughts greater then "What am I gonna eat for dinner?"
On behalf of all members in this forum don't generalize or attempt to relate your limited brainpower with the rest of the members here.

BTW Just to make it easier for people who might be "lacking" in the brains department, let me simplify the analogy for you,
Can an ant beat a lion?????
Answer is no whatever scenario or "skill" the ant may have.
Is that better for you Nimbus?

It's a bad analogy, but I cleaned it up for you. Unfortunately, it didn't work in your favor.

LordFear
looking back at it you might be right/lol
Thanx though dude/lo

paeng
Magneto will just control the metal's from Bison's suit and STUCK it up in Bison's ASS. As simple as that.

Ketchuptome
Bison.PHYSCO CRUSH!!!!

paeng
Magneto. MAGNETIC SHOCKWAVE!!!!!

Magneto pulls out the metal from Bison's suit and stuck it up on Bison's ass and will come out off his mouth.

hoorayforpeepee
demigawd has been making unbelievably relevant points and all you guys can do is balk.

and PS: WHY THE **** ARE YOU GUYS ARGUING STREET FIGHTER? this is going to be the next DBZ, i can tell. next stop, ryu v superman.

Xplosive
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't just SAY his shots easily surpass Thor's. PROVE IT. What's he done? What are his feats? Name something that makes you think he could surpass Galactus and Thor. C'mon...just name something for me. Throw me a bone.

Akuma can easily destroy island with blows, shatterd mountainds, Ryu is even more pwoerful, so there you go.

demigawd
I knew you were going to name Ryu's ending in third strike. You don't honestly think that's beyond people like Thor and Galactus, do you? They've destroyed planets. That's not even a nuke-level feat. By Marvel standards, that's nothing.

Swanky-Tuna
What was it Thor did with that snake or serpent or whatever? It was so huge is made the Earth tremble or something like that and he benched it?

LordFear
My argument is that Bison's psi powers are immense and it could protect from Mags attacks

Xplosive
I knew you were going to name Ryu's ending in third strike. You don't honestly think that's beyond people like Thor and Galactus, do you? They've destroyed planets. That's not even a nuke-level feat. By Marvel standards, that's nothing.

No, not above Galactus.

demigawd
Thor has planet destroying power too, you know. An island compared to a planet??? hahahaha...Exodus has crushed the island of Genosha while fighting the X-men, two teams of Avengers and an Eternal at the same time...and he got owned by Magneto.

Xplosive
Thor doens't have the pwoer to destroy planet at one blow, he woudl need time to do it, time.

LordFear
My question here is how powerful do people think Mags is???

Xplosive
My question here is how powerful do people think Mags is???

One punch form Bison, Magneto is down.

Swanky-Tuna
Can anybody tell me how many times Magneto has fought someone streetfighter style?

LordFear
None!!!
Streetfighter style fighting is very difficult and different from just launching attacks from the air surrounded by a force field.
It takes more cunning and slickness when fighting STReet style

Swanky-Tuna
Question: Can M.Bison fly?

jinzin
Well magneto has gone toe to toe with colosus in a fist fight, and was able to hold his own for a short while, I don't think a simple punch from Bison is going to do anything to Magneto.

The point is, Bison doesn't even opperate on the same level of power as magneto does so what's the point of using power level vs. power level. Is Bison capible of possibly ending the world? not....even...close. Is magneto, without a doubt.

Bison can send back any power's that are sent in his direction, but only up to a certain pint, if the power being launched at him is more powerful than his own, he's done for. Magneto obviously has more raw power than bison does at any rate. Is bison going to break through magneto's sheild while he's being attacked by various airborne metals, while magneto is spiingin him in circles with the iron in his blood? pfffft please. This isn't even a contest. The only chance Bison has is to teleport behind magneto before he can raise his sheild and take him down quick, but the chances of that happening are very slim at best.

But in defense of the whole can ryu peirce magneto's sheild argument. He should be able to if he attacks at full power in a very very concentrated blast.

Once, cyclops used that same tactic to open a small tear in mag's sheild allowing gambit to chuck a charged up card inside which took mags out.
Again at that point in time, it was power vs. control and control (and teamwork) won.

anyway's tangents aside. magneto would trounce Bison.

jinzin
bison is capible of sing his psionic abilities to hover, but I don't think he can fly like superman or anything.

LordFear
I disagree with that scenario wholeheartedly!!!!
Mags would not trounce Bison and you give Mags too much damn credit!!!
You think you are fighting a lame, inexperience punk with half ass powers? You think you are dealing with a group of mutants whom who Mags already know their limitations?
NO
You are dealing with a man who controls a very potent and deadly syndicate controlling most of drug, crime activity throughout the world.
You are dealing with a man that can induce hypnotic suggestions that on command can make you off yourself. You think taking Ken out in a fight is a simple task?
You think Cammy is a punk? Because she was trained by this man??
I can't put up a scenario against Mags because simply I don't know enough of his powers (Bisons). But I do know that Bison has control over his body at a 100% and to just suggest that Mags would control his blood like that if Bison is in full control of his body, Mags can't do it!!!
Bison's psi powers allows teleportation, blinding speed and reflexes along with fighting abilities that are top of his game.
This is not such a stupid contest, analyze what you know about Bison b4 making such a juvenile presumption!!!

Swanky-Tuna
How does controlling 100% of your body prevent people from manipulating your body? What if their control is greater than yours?

LordFear
Controlling your body on a molecular level helps you a bunch.
I am not just talking about making your body as hard as steel. I am talking about being so much in tune with your body that you can adjust or influence reactions occuring in your body. Bison has this abilitiy because it was explained in one of the movies when Chung Li planned on poisoning him by putting something in his drink but then Bison after sipping the drink, explained to Chung Li that she should have done her homework on him because poison is among the things that doesn't affect him. Through years of self conditoinning and mastering his abilities.
This explains his control over his metabolism and molecular change within his body.

jinzin
Bison can't make you off yourself unless you're very very weak minded. Magneto isn't weak minded, nor has he undergone any of bison's mental conditioning, nor is he wearing any of bison's mind control devices, he's not offing himself at Bison's commond that's ludicrous. If Bison could do that, he would have used it on ryu when ryu was kicking his ass. You say that Bison can take out mags based on him running a crime syndicate? WTF? I guess I'm to assume that cobra commander is a challenge to magneto based on the fact that he has a semi global army then right? pffft I think not.

Bison's not a punk, I don't think anyone was trying to imply that, but he's just not at the same level of desctructive force that magneto has at his disposal. Bison's tough, in his respective world he's a demigod, but he lives in a world of street fighters. Magneto has to fight cosmics, to onmipotents, to entire fleets, to whoever else, the point is magneto lives in a world where their god's aren't even all that high on the food chain, Bison's a joke compared to mags. I'm not saying that Bison's a punk either, it's true he's very powerful, but Magneto is one of the most dangerous villains in the world, and this is world filled with doctor dooms, hulks, thundergods, and the list goes on and on and on. get my drift?

jinzin
lol, the dredd pirate roberts from the princess bride is able to drink poisons too, should I assume him capible of controlling (lol) his body (lol) at a molecular level (HAHAHAHAHAHHA) too, much less bating magneto? please, when did Bison ever claim to be able to do such a thing, he's not a freaking shape shifter. HAhAHa

LordFear
The point of the syndicate is to demonstrate that you are not fighting some street thug or some idiot.
Nothing more.
Now as for Mags fighting omnipotent and all powerful beings, if that was the case then Mags would of had his ways with the world a long time ago buddy!!!!
By reading your description of Mags, someone would think "Well damn this dude is GOD and therefore everyone else pales in comparison"
No. That's not the case Mags is strong but as I stated b4 all of the fancy upgrades, he is still beatable and reasonably in the same league as a determined Bison bent on taking your life away. I am not referring to new Mags that now after augmentations, is virtually God himself!!!!
Incidentally when I mentionned Bison's ability to hypnotize I didn't mean in Mags case. I know very well that due to his helmet Mags is pretty much impervious to those attacks. The point is to demonstrate the power of the character and that he is not one dimensional.

LordFear
Jinzin. I have the street fighter collection on dvd. I ain't pulling this outta my ass. This is what happened in the movie. Are you to tell me that it's false now because that takes away your trump card?
You want volume and name of the movie by all means, allow me time to find it in my library or if you like research it yourself online. It's an easy thing to obtain because they only have two versions of the movie among which is in a form of series now!!!!
This is not me making shit up. That's what happened.
Furthermore,for you to just laugh at that means that you have no argument to back up your debate. If Mags is soo impressive then find another scenario to trounce Bison since in your opinion Bison is not on his level. Whether or not Mags can influence his blood or not, then find another means of attack. It seems that Mags fans are just bent on the iron manipulating thing. Like that's the ace in deck. Why hasn't Mags just been doing that all the time and thusly eliminate his competition?

jffxex1980
The reason why Magneto won the fight against Phoenix was because she was getting accustom to her powers. Given time and practice, I assure u, that will not happen ever again. Remember she was taxed to her limits and tired, so that was a cheap shot from Magneto. Magneto has honed his skills and is very creative to different uses while Jean was just starting to comprehend the phoenix force. If that had been a real fight, trust me, Magneto would be nothing more that space dust. For crying out loud! Jean becomes the matriach of the phoenix force and has obliterated a solar system and healed a thousand galaxies when she became the white phoenix crown! As for the psi comparison between Bison and Xavier; all I have to say is WHAT ARE U SMOKING? Xavier is the epitome of telepathy! Xavier has controlled many people globally before while mindscanning and mind wiping bad guys at the same time. He is the reason in the first place why there are so many great telepathic figures in both DC and Marvel.

LordFear
Xavier has his limititations. Just the fact that he uses Cerebro and Mags is immune to his telepathy proves that he is not the number one telepath like everyone claims him to be.
His telepathy is on par with Martian Manhunter and the likes.
He has limitations and it has been shown repeatedly.
He has issues with alien minds and minds that are too choatic or filled with anger for him not to get sucked in and consumed by the emotions. That has been proven with Cain Marko when he tried to enter Cain's mind in order to help him cope with his lost when he was no longer Juggernaut.

Xplosive
Originally posted by jinzin

The point is, Bison doesn't even opperate on the same level of power as magneto does so what's the point of using power level vs. power level. Is Bison capible of possibly ending the world? not....even...close. Is magneto, without a doubt.

Magneto can't end the world with his own powers, he need followers, and there are X-Men that will always stop him, as there is Ryu that will always stp Akuma or Bison.
Magento wouldn't trounce Bison, he can't do that, I think Magento would eventulal win after hard battle. And please don't take seriosuly about Magento going in fist to fist with Collossus, old man with fist againt Collossus, and people wonder why are some saying Marvel is soemtimes (and not only somteimse) very illogical. And Bison flies faster than Magneto is teleprotin, Magento wouldn't even see him, and about a body Bison has every advatnge, stronger, faster, telporitng.

demigawd
Gee, I don't know where to begin.

How about here:

Name some Bison feats that make you think that Bison could resist the iron in his blood being controlled. There's a BIG difference between having an immune system that's resistant to poison and being able to prevent your molecules from being manipulated. Wolverine can't be poisoned either...he gets owned repeated by Magneto.

Name some Bison feats that make you think that Bison's psionic capabilities exceed those of Xavier or Jean Grey. Magneto has defeated them both, at the same time even when he used his power to mask his presence from Jean, Magneto and Psylocke at the same time. His defense was so strong that he was able to withstand a combined assault from both of them during Fatal Attractions and still beat down the rest of the X-men until Wolverine nailed him. Name something that Bison has done that would exceed that

Name some Bison feats that show strength or energy projection powerful enough to penetrate Magneto's shields. Keep in mind that Magneto took a shot from Galactus and his shields held, he blocked several russian nukes, and he took multiple shots from Thor with Mjolnir.

Name some Bison feats that show the durability to withstand Class 100 attacks and energy projection. Magneto has amped his strength enough to knock Apocalypse back. He's lifted a 30,000 TON freight carrier. He's lifted and controlled the orbit of an asteroid weighing millions of tons. He's blasted holes in volcanos and blacked out the entire planet. He's permanently messed up the EM field of the planet to prevent long range telepathy. He was in the midst of reversing the poles of earth - which would have destroyed the entire planet - under his own power. Name something to show that Bison could withstand that kind of force.

So...no more speculation. You keep using the excuse that not much is known about Bison. If so little is known about him, then you're hardly in a position to declare that he can beat Magneto. So give me feats - show me he can exceed what I've PROVEN Magneto is able to take. If you can't, then you have no argument. I've named feats - you do the same.

jinzin
well done demi I have nothing further to say you've just covered all my rebuttles for me.

LordFear
I stand by my statement that little is known about him therefore I can't tell you to shove those Mag's "feats" up your nose and blow them out your ear.
You exploit the fact that one character is much more known as well as what he has done versus someone who's past is shrouded. Until the creator decides to divulge that info, your argument despite as elaborate or factual accounts you may have on Mags, is pointless cuz I don't have enough info to back me up.
I still also stand by my opinion that Bison would and Can prevail.
And just for the record, I wish someone could use another argument or scenario aside from the iron in blood thing. It's getting old fast!!!!
If the character is as grandiose as you think it is, then try to show him as a multi dimensional character with an array of abilities aside from just stripping iron from the blood crap!!!

leonheartmm
the thing is that even if bison does not seem to be on the same power level as mags, his power is mystic as opposed to physical or psionic in nature, this is a similar scenario to magneto vs dr strange, although strange does not have any apparent power as opposed to magneto's power, but his power is mystic in nature and he stands a good chance of defeating mags.

Mainstream
fair enough...what the hell does the M in his name stand for?

leonheartmm
well actually i dunno, no one knows his real name other than his dead son, in reality in the japanese manga of street fighter, bison's name is Vega and vega's name is balrog.

demigawd
M stands for Michael. Originally Balrog (the boxer's name) was M. Bison. that's his name in Japan. Can you guess how they came up with the name Mike Bison for a video game boxer? And once you figure that out, can you guess why that might be a problem in the US and why they'd have to swap names and leave it as "M"? You got it!

I stand by my statement that little is known about him therefore I can't tell you to shove those Mag's "feats" up your nose and blow them out your ear.
You exploit the fact that one character is much more known as well as what he has done versus someone who's past is shrouded. Until the creator decides to divulge that info, your argument despite as elaborate or factual accounts you may have on Mags, is pointless cuz I don't have enough info to back me up.
I still also stand by my opinion that Bison would and Can prevail.
And just for the record, I wish someone could use another argument or scenario aside from the iron in blood thing. It's getting old fast!!!!
If the character is as grandiose as you think it is, then try to show him as a multi dimensional character with an array of abilities aside from just stripping iron from the blood crap!!!

All of which is well and good, but if everything about Bison is so mysterious then you're basing your belief that he's more powerful than Magneto on nothing. You just *want* him to be more powerful. The bottom line remains - Bison, based on his showings, is far less powerful than Magneto. Unless they write him doing something other than using his psycho power to throw a car, that will continue to be the case.

It's like:

"Behold the power of Stezelion! He is far more powerful than Thanos!"
"Based on what? I saw him rip a tree out its roots and throw it. That's nothing"
"Bah! It said in the issue that his power is potentially limitless!"
"But the most impressive thing I've ever seen him do is throw a tree"
"Feh! That's because so little is known about him that nobody knows the full extent of his power!"
"If nobody knows the full extent of his power beyond throwing a tree...how can YOU know the full extent of his power is beyond Thanos?"
"It just IS, dude!"

Anyone see the problem here?

Originally posted by leonheartmm
the thing is that even if bison does not seem to be on the same power level as mags, his power is mystic as opposed to physical or psionic in nature, this is a similar scenario to magneto vs dr strange, although strange does not have any apparent power as opposed to magneto's power, but his power is mystic in nature and he stands a good chance of defeating mags.
The problem with the SF world is that it's inconsistent because there's the video game, the manga from several companies, the graphic novel and the anime movies/series. People are trying to draw from all of them, so you end up with Leon saying his power is mystical from...whereever he got that, some people saying it's psionic like in the cartooon and older comics, some people saying it's "negative energy", like in the current comic, and some people saying it's artificial tech that just absorbs life energy like in the video game. So you can mix and match your arguments however you see fit. It's nonsense.

And it's worthless - combined, still none of you can answer my challenge above. Until that's done, this debate is over.

Xplosive
Gee, I don't know where to begin.

How about here:

Name some Bison feats that make you think that Bison could resist the iron in his blood being controlled. There's a BIG difference between having an immune system that's resistant to poison and being able to prevent your molecules from being manipulated. Wolverine can't be poisoned either...he gets owned repeated by Magneto.

Name some Bison feats that make you think that Bison's psionic capabilities exceed those of Xavier or Jean Grey. Magneto has defeated them both, at the same time even when he used his power to mask his presence from Jean, Magneto and Psylocke at the same time. His defense was so strong that he was able to withstand a combined assault from both of them during Fatal Attractions and still beat down the rest of the X-men until Wolverine nailed him. Name something that Bison has done that would exceed that

Name some Bison feats that show strength or energy projection powerful enough to penetrate Magneto's shields. Keep in mind that Magneto took a shot from Galactus and his shields held, he blocked several russian nukes, and he took multiple shots from Thor with Mjolnir.

Name some Bison feats that show the durability to withstand Class 100 attacks and energy projection. Magneto has amped his strength enough to knock Apocalypse back. He's lifted a 30,000 TON freight carrier. He's lifted and controlled the orbit of an asteroid weighing millions of tons. He's blasted holes in volcanos and blacked out the entire planet. He's permanently messed up the EM field of the planet to prevent long range telepathy. He was in the midst of reversing the poles of earth - which would have destroyed the entire planet - under his own power. Name something to show that Bison could withstand that kind of force.

So...no more speculation. You keep using the excuse that not much is known about Bison. If so little is known about him, then you're hardly in a position to declare that he can beat Magneto. So give me feats - show me he can exceed what I've PROVEN Magneto is able to take. If you can't, then you have no argument. I've named feats - you do the same.

You made very good point, but not beacuse of Magneto, I alredy knew that, but why are we even bodering about Bison, who is not even well known, if we don't know his full powers yet, then it's better to leave the place until we do, but Bison still have great pwoers, but I said before, Magneto would eventualyl win.

leonheartmm
m bison's known power is that he is the master of the wave of killing urge and the wave of killing urge is the most powerful and dangerous energy and power that exists in the street fighter world. u know, theres a reason why bison is called a demi god, if there was noone to stop him,he cud have ended all existance,

the main reason why nonoe thinks hes on the same power level to mag's is that in the street fighter world, events and battles happen on a smaller scale, meaning that u dont have to show to the world that u can turn the earth on its magnetic poles to be powerful enough to end all of existance.

LordFear
WELL then how come everybody assumes that Lt, Ego, TOAA, and other cosmic entities such as Eternity, Choas and Order they are abstract in the sense that we never see their true powers but we know of their potential thus making them supreme. Why can't the same be done with Bison to some extent? Because it's not a popular notion to believe that Bison could defeat Mags. I have seen Bison do much more impressing feats then just throw cars with his psycho powers. His psycho powers alone are more powerful when he chanels it through his fist making it deadlier then Psylock's psi blade.
Now in the old Xmen issue, 90's era (early), I saw Betty chanel her blade and cut through Mag;s force field, when she along with Scott were being held captive by him on Genosha. She focused her energy and the next panel showed her remembering back when she was with Mandarin how he taught her to increase the her mental strength on her blade.

Xplosive
m bison's known power is that he is the master of the wave of killing urge and the wave of killing urge is the most powerful and dangerous energy and power that exists in the street fighter world. u know, theres a reason why bison is called a demi god, if there was noone to stop him,he cud have ended all existance,

the main reason why nonoe thinks hes on the same power level to mag's is that in the street fighter world, events and battles happen on a smaller scale, meaning that u dont have to show to the world that u can turn the earth on its magnetic poles to be powerful enough to end all of existance.

Yes, but in street fighter world, there are some indivudals that goes even beyond Bison. But look, if there wouldn't be any to oppose Galactus, Galactus would already have eaten the Earth, there is always someone to stop him, wih expection of God Thanos, there was no one to stop him.

leonheartmm
actually if anyone has read the manga, theyd know that bison has in his soul, all the negetive power of his universe.

LordFear
A good point was made and that's in streetfighter people don't need to televise or make grand show offs to demonstrate that they are capable of annihilating countries or nations. In MU, on the otherhand that's what they do. THings are done on a global, galactic or universal level. So therefore people are jumping to conclusions and saying "Oh well, if Mag's has threatened and done this, well then Bison who hasn't showed that can be kicked in his pants".Not true. Understand BOTH parties before doing that. The feats that Bison has done can't compare to Mags because they don't operate on that level. But could Bison be equally as big as threat and could go against Gods? Hell yeah!!!
Could Bison also withstand a Godforce blast? Don't know because it hasn't been done but to jump and just say no off the bat is wrong.The man has proven to have powers of a demigod. Now demigods are the likes of Hercules, Titans, Eternals and some Immortals. That's pretty big dog leagues right there!!!

demigawd

So if no one were there to stop Bison, he would end all existence, right? And who is there to stop Bison? A couple of guys who take karate.

hahahahaha.

Sure, the "wave of killing urge" (I've never heard of any of this stuff...what's your source for these terms?) may be the most powerful force in the SF world...but that doesn't mean it compares to what exists in the Marvel Universe. In the real world, if I could generate electricity out of my hands, I'd automatically be the most powerful person in the world. In the Marvel Universe, I'd be a second rate Electro. The only way to see just how powerful an energy source is, is to look at and compare actual feats. So it comes down to the challenge that is, as yet, still unanswered - what are Bison's feats?

WELL then how come everybody assumes that Lt, Ego, TOAA, and other cosmic entities such as Eternity, Choas and Order they are abstract in the sense that we never see their true powers but we know of their potential thus making them supreme. Why can't the same be done with Bison to some extent? Because it's not a popular notion to believe that Bison could defeat Mags. I have seen Bison do much more impressing feats then just throw cars with his psycho powers. His psycho powers alone are more powerful when he chanels it through his fist making it deadlier then Psylock's psi blade.
Now in the old Xmen issue, 90's era (early), I saw Betty chanel her blade and cut through Mag;s force field, when she along with Scott were being held captive by him on Genosha. She focused her energy and the next panel showed her remembering back when she was with Mandarin how he taught her to increase the her mental strength on her blade.
The reason LT, Ego, Eternity, etc. get the respect they do is because of their feats and their stated position in the Marvel hierarchy. LT deactivated the Infinity Gauntlet. Something the combined might of the universe was unable to do. Ego fought Galactus to a standstill. TOAA is acknowledged as LT's master. Eternity has contained an entire universe. What has Bison done? You say you've seen him do more impressive things than throw a car. I haven't. I saw him throw a car and I saw him destroy a cliff. You've seen better? Name them. You say his psipowers are deadlier than Psylocke's? Prove it.

You're completely misremembering that issue. you're referring to X-men #2. First off, she didn't cut through Magneto's forcefield. Magneto was trying to explain that he's just trying to defend his Asteroid from hostile governments. The X-men attack and he tries his best to harmlessly repel them. During that battle, Fabian Cortez kissed Psylocke and supercharged her powers, thinking she couldn't handle the load. She did, and she ambushed Magneto, whose shields weren't up. So Psylocke, who ambushed a Magneto who wasn't trying to defend himself, with power enhanced by 100 times, and said, "If Magneto's pet dog didn't amp me like this, I couldn't come close to hurting him". Magneto was STILL standing, to which she replied, "The sheer force of the man!". A second later, Chrome, one of Magneto's Acolytes, turned her and the rest of the X-men to metal and Magneto took them all to Asteroid M.

If you're going to try to cite evidence, cite it right. Like I did above.

BTW - this was in 1992, before Magneto's second power up in Fatal Attractions.

demigawd
A good point was made and that's in streetfighter people don't need to televise or make grand show offs to demonstrate that they are capable of annihilating countries or nations. In MU, on the otherhand that's what they do. THings are done on a global, galactic or universal level. So therefore people are jumping to conclusions and saying "Oh well, if Mag's has threatened and done this, well then Bison who hasn't showed that can be kicked in his pants".Not true. Understand BOTH parties before doing that. The feats that Bison has done can't compare to Mags because they don't operate on that level. But could Bison be equally as big as threat and could go against Gods? Hell yeah!!!
Could Bison also withstand a Godforce blast? Don't know because it hasn't been done but to jump and just say no off the bat is wrong.The man has proven to have powers of a demigod. Now demigods are the likes of Hercules, Titans, Eternals and some Immortals. That's pretty big dog leagues right there!!!

It's not showing off - it's achieving your goals. If Bison had the power to destroy the universe, he wouldn't have gotten beaten up by Charlie and Guile, who are just a couple of special forces guys. He's been in some recovery chamber ever since, and currently Vega is in charge. So don't use the excuse that, "he has that power, he just, uh, chooses not to use it" - again, you're speculating that he has power that he's never shown for no reason other than having faith that it's there. A character's power is only as good as his feats. Magneto has them, Bison doesn't. End of story.

leonheartmm
actually ryu is not just some guy who takes karate, he is the chosen one who has the greatest POTENTIAL power from the wave of killing urge.{READ the manga}
and bison only got beat up by guile in the american comics, this never happened in the original manga{incidently the storyline was all screwed up in the american street fighter cartoons n movies where guile was shown to be the hero, GUILE is NOTHING compared to the like of ryu and bison in the original manga or the animes, } still bison once entered the minds of all the beings in the planets to extract thair life force from them but was stopped by ryu, ken and dhalsim {with a little help from akuma} after that battle, he was caught by surprise by akuma who turned bisons's own energy against him and sent bison to hell where he should have been destroyed, but even hell itself could not destroy bison and tried instead to trap him forever, but failed at that too and bison got himself out of hell with the pure force of his will and power. sooooooooo u were saying.......................................................

LordFear
I am not talking about power ups by the way.
All these feats that you mentioned earlier I am doing a google search for issue and volume. Because I seem to think that some of these feats that you are reciting are a different Mag version and not the original one I am referring too.So for now, you won't see me dispute that only because I am checking out your story.

Second of all I am not referring to Asteroid M saga. I am referring to a volume 1994 to be correct when her and Scott where on Genosha. The island of Genosha. Mags launched an attack at it full force because he was tired of the UN allowing crimes against mutants to continue without any challenge. So he storms the island to put an end to it. Xmen where already on the scene half for diplomatic reasons but another secrect team was deployed by Xavier's on orders alone and the purpose was to infiltrate and learn as much as possible and to standby for an eventual pre emptive strike if talks broke down. The team was comprised of Scott, Psylock and Gambit.
I don't have the book. I read it in a comic shop but never bought it.
Matter of fact on the cover showed, Mags raged out surrounded by Sentinels falling to pieces. One the cover it said "Time for retribution" One the first page, it showed Mags approaching the island screaming "I'm through waiting and talking. The time for action is now.
Something like that anyway can't remember the name of the damn book!!
Bare with me on this. GOtta do some digging. I have a friend who might have that book. Matter of fact might be the reason why I didn't buy it cuz I figured I could just swap it from him.

Mainstream
hmmmmmm.

Xplosive
actually ryu is not just some guy who takes karate, he is the chosen one who has the greatest POTENTIAL power from the wave of killing urge.{READ the manga}
and bison only got beat up by guile in the american comics, this never happened in the original manga{incidently the storyline was all screwed up in the american street fighter cartoons n movies where guile was shown to be the hero, GUILE is NOTHING compared to the like of ryu and bison in the original manga or the animes, } still bison once entered the minds of all the beings in the planets to extract thair life force from them but was stopped by ryu, ken and dhalsim {with a little help from akuma} after that battle, he was caught by surprise by akuma who turned bisons's own energy against him and sent bison to hell where he should have been destroyed, but even hell itself could not destroy bison and tried instead to trap him forever, but failed at that too and bison got himself out of hell with the pure force of his will and power. sooooooooo u were saying.......................................................

Well said, in manga, in Street FIghter V series and Street Fighter Anmited MOive, Bison made Guile look like joke, Guile is nothing to Bison.

demigawd

What Bison are we debating? I'm not going to sit here debating video game Bison with one set of powers, comic book Bison with another set of powers, anime Bison with yet another set of powers and manga Bison with more powers still. You all need to settle on one Bison, and present that Bison to me logically. if "too much is shrouded in mystery" then withdraw until he's less....cloudy.

As for this manga Bison....never read the manga, have no idea what goes on there. But you still have to name some feats of power. Bison escaped Hell...but that's a testament to his willpower, which I'm sure is impressive. What are his POWER feats, things that would make you believe he could beat someone like Magneto?

Different Mag version? You mean someone other than Erik Lensherr? His Thor feats and his Galactus feats are actually BOTH really old. His thor feat was back in the 70s, and his Galactus feat was around the Secret War time period in the early 80s. In the first case, it while before Magneto was returned to youth. In the second case, it was after he was restored by Erik the Red.

????

Either you're hallucinating or you're making this up. Fatal Attractions came out in 1993. It had nothing to do with Genosha, as Magneto spent the entire arc entirely in space. At the end of the storyline (which took place over five months), he was turned into a vegetable. There wasn't another appearance of Magneto (aside from Joseph) until 1997, when he was Erik the Red. He appeared again in the background during Joe Kelley's run, but didn't do any fighting in a storyline until the Magneto War in 1999. He made NO appearances from 1993 to 1997, and only cameos until 1999. Are you SURE you saw what you thought you saw?

leonheartmm
feats of power, like the very fact that he could dive into the mind of every being and their conciousness, and like the fact that hell could not destroy him{his physical form i might add} and the fact that it cudnt imprison him.

demigawd
In the american comics and in the video game and the anime, he couldn't do anything like that without his psycho drive machine. You're telling me he could do that with his own power in the manga?

savagerampage
Magneto would beat bison, this isnt even funny

LordFear
I am telling you that there is such a comic.
Now whenever or not you wanna believe then that's your affair.
Xmen ran issues in 94-95 respectively with Magneto in it.
Now I don't claim to be foremost expert but I know what the hell I read.
So whatever it is your telling me is as much nonsense as the point your debating. I'll let this issue as well as other issues during that running year span depicting him in issues be researched by me. BTW there are versions of Magneto. I specifically made sure to mention current as in ordinary Magneto. No Mags altered with Onslaught or neither or his recent power upgrades who now in some issues depicts him as having almost Godlike abilities.
Think whatever you want regardless. Doesn't change the opinions that I hold and neither will it to you apparently.
I just wanna say before I am officially done with this thread going back and forth with this issue (which seems hellbent on feats for some reason rather than the character's powers and POTENTIAL power) is when I do find that issue. I will post it up gladly.
It's also weird to me how people can use arguments such as potential power just like in an Icemen versus thread but won't allow it in a another thread for another character. IS IT JUST ME????Must be!!
And it's also weird how a character acknowledged as a demigod would get smite down (pretty easily apparently) by another who has exhibited "grand feats". I guess your definition of demigod is different from mines huh demigawd????Pun intended

demigawd
You said you picked it up and read it 10 years ago in a comic book shop. The plot sounds shockingly similar to X-men #2. There was no Magneto in 1994 or 1995 since he was in a coma. Just to drive the final stake in your argument's coffin, would you like me to supply references with the exact issues and exact years? Funny, I seem to have all of that at my command. Strange, you do not.

What's ordinary Magneto?

There's original Magneto - a 60-something year old man who could control metal

There's de-aged Magneto - a 30-something year old man who could control electromagnetic energy

There's post-Fatal Attractions Magneto - who could control electromagnetic energy at a molecular level

There's current Magneto, who is "godlike".

Pick one.

?!?!?!?!?!

OF COURSE it's hellbent on feats!!! How else are you going to compare two different characters from two different universes other than comparing their history? I'm basing my view of Magneto on his feats - things he's done in the past to support his abilities. You're basing your view of Bison on......?

Potential means absolutely nothing. I'm POTENTIALLY the president of the United States - are you going to come to me for foreign policy advice? That's ridiculous.

I'm shocked that you'd write something like that.

Yes, actually. Nobody argues for Iceman based on his potential. We argued for him based upon things he's actually done. There's not a single person on that thread who said, "Iceman has the potential to freeze your molecules, so he freezes them". There were LOTS of people, however who said, "Iceman has the ABILITY to freeze your molecules, because he's done it before". There's a HUGE difference. You're good at invalid comparisons.

mr.smiley
pretty much all those magnetos are the same.
He was reduced to an infant state and regrew into a man again.That's why he appears to have a younger body.
Yeah magneto did resist physlocke and also rogue.
she tried to absorb his power but it failed.
without a doubt magneto takes this.

your right demigawd.
I know what iceman has done.I know he can absorb the moisture from people cause i saw him do it in the Draco story arc.
It's like saying galactus can't be beaten because we don't know his true potential.

Avalonofthewind
Bison would have his ass handed to him on a *silver* platter.
Akuma > Ryu > Bison

Magneto vs Akuma would have been a better matchup.

Xplosive
Magneto can still be pretty easily hurt, so with normal, logicall, he can be easly taken out by someone who has greater body thah himself.

Victor Von Doom
I'm POTENTIALLY the president of the United States - are you going to come to me for foreign policy advice? That's ridiculous.

It'd probably be preferable to the alternative.

leonheartmm
no actually, bison is greater than akuman who is greater than ryu. however ryu is potentially the most powerful but ists the very fact that akuma accepts the negetive power of the wave of killing urge while ryu tries to resist it because hes good in the soul that make ryu less powerful, and bison is the one and only MASTER of the wave of killing urge.

Avalonofthewind
no actually, bison is greater than akuman who is greater than ryu. however ryu is potentially the most powerful but ists the very fact that akuma accepts the negetive power of the wave of killing urge while ryu tries to resist it because hes good in the soul that make ryu less powerful, and bison is the one and only MASTER of the wave of killing urge.

Bison greater than Akuma? Please show me an example.

Everything i've ever seen shows that the Master of Darkness is NOTHING to the Master of the Fist.

leonheartmm
well in street fighter zero{the anime}, remember that kid who claimed to be ryu's brother, well anyway in that installment we find out that akuma was the first one to accept the wave of killing urge and it made him stronger, but his mind and body were not strong enough to handle that power{chunli said herself to ryu "if sum 1 as big as akuma cud not handle it, how can u ever hope to handle such power?}
, initially ryu cant handle the wave as well but by the end we see that he has enough will power to actually resist the wave itself{which was thought impossible} and in the special edition DVD, we see that in the end ryu actually defeats the akuma with the wave without the power of his own wave of killing urge{in the end ryu says to akuma after hes defeated him"ur path and my path r different" n then ryu walks away}, but at the very end of the movie, when that little kid is about to die, he reveals that hes not truly ryu's long lost brother but he had a mother who was killed by his father n then he explains that it was his father who put him upto spying on ryu, n then when ryu asks, he tells ryu that his father was a MASTER OF THE WAVE OF KILLING URGE, n then the credits roll. now later on we find that his father was actually bison{the storyline continues in street fighter alpha 2} n he was the master of the wave of killin urge{incidently the power of the wave of kilin urge was never known to be mastered by any1 other than bison who was strong enough mentally to control it} and that was the reason y that little kid also had a bit of that power. now even after ryu defeated akuma, still in his first face off against bison, hes nuthin, but by the end of the movies, he beats bison with the help of a few friends{guile, ken, honda, chun li} n finally before runnin away, bison reveals to him that he was keepin an eye on ryu cause he cud feel that the wave favoured ryu more than it favoured even him. so there u go. this storyline was well illustrated in the manga but in all its american incarnations of movies n comics, the whole street fighter world was completely changed{storyline etc}

Xplosive
well in street fighter zero{the anime}, remember that kid who claimed to be ryu's brother, well anyway in that installment we find out that akuma was the first one to accept the wave of killing urge and it made him stronger, but his mind and body were not strong enough to handle that power{chunli said herself to ryu "if sum 1 as big as akuma cud not handle it, how can u ever hope to handle such power?}
, initially ryu cant handle the wave as well but by the end we see that he has enough will power to actually resist the wave itself{which was thought impossible} and in the special edition DVD, we see that in the end ryu actually defeats the akuma with the wave without the power of his own wave of killing urge{in the end ryu says to akuma after hes defeated him"ur path and my path r different" n then ryu walks away}, but at the very end of the movie, when that little kid is about to die, he reveals that hes not truly ryu's long lost brother but he had a mother who was killed by his father n then he explains that it was his father who put him upto spying on ryu, n then when ryu asks, he tells ryu that his father was a MASTER OF THE WAVE OF KILLING URGE, n then the credits roll. now later on we find that his father was actually bison{the storyline continues in street fighter alpha 2} n he was the master of the wave of killin urge{incidently the power of the wave of kilin urge was never known to be mastered by any1 other than bison who was strong enough mentally to control it} and that was the reason y that little kid also had a bit of that power. now even after ryu defeated akuma, still in his first face off against bison, hes nuthin, but by the end of the movies, he beats bison with the help of a few friends{guile, ken, honda, chun li} n finally before runnin away, bison reveals to him that he was keepin an eye on ryu cause he cud feel that the wave favoured ryu more than it favoured even him. so there u go. this storyline was well illustrated in the manga but in all its american incarnations of movies n comics, the whole street fighter world was completely changed{storyline etc}

Ryu was the first one to resist the wave of killing urge, unlike Akuma. Rose belived that Ryu is the one who can resit that (and she said if he overcome Dark Hadoue, he will beacome if more powerful than with Dark Hadou, so with wave he become more powerful than with wave of a killing urge), Ryu trully has resisted, and he became even more powerful with his will over Dark Hadou than he could have become with Dark Hadou, and that isn why he beat Akuma and unlike Akuma, Ryu is good. Street Fighter Alpha is the last movie from Street Fighter, I don't know where you get by the end of the movie, you ment Street FIghter Animated Movie wher he defet Bison with Ken, Ryu in Animated Movie wasn't close enough strong than in end of the Alpha. Akuma can easily handle Bison, and Ryu even easier. Is Street FIghter Alhpa 2 already out, I sent emeil to Manga and they said ti will come in June.

demigawd
Magneto can still be pretty easily hurt, so with normal, logicall, he can be easly taken out by someone who has greater body thah himself.

Magneto wears body armor and has several layers of shielding, enough to take CL100 punches. Nothing Bison does to him is going to put him down.

leonheartmm
now thas just stupid demigawd.

n i dont know where u got that thing with street fighter alpha2 not bein out{n im not sayin ur wrong, but keep in mind that these animes have a habit of havin different names for different regions of the world, }, i most certainly have seen the anime in which ryu defeats bison and bison tells him y he sent that lil kid after ryu.

demigawd
I don't understand what you're saying or what you're trying to say has to do with my point that Magneto is able to take Class 100 punches. Was there a counter somewhere in there?

leonheartmm
no what im sayin is that a bison punch is not a normal punch, its full of mystical power and i dont think that just physical barriers can stop it.

demigawd
Full of mystical power? Immune to physical barriers??? Based on WHAT? Where anywhere does it say that Bison's power is magic?

leonheartmm
um in just about every place {its not magic, but its mystic in nature}

demigawd
No it's not...it's always been either psionic or technological. Even in the most obscure manga, it's lifeforce. Name one time when someone said anything about it being mystical.

leonheartmm
no actually, in the obscure mangas, its never been psionic, it always was mystical, the wave is a mysical energy.

demigawd
You said it's not magic, but mystic in nature...what's the difference between magical and mystical?

leonheartmm
juggernaut is mysic in nature, but hes not magical, same goes for mephisto. magic is a part of mystical powers but mystical is not just confined to magical practices. mystical is anything without any logical source{unlike mutants who have explanations to their powers}

demigawd
???

Juggernaut gets his powers from Cytorrak....a magical being.
Mephisto IS a magical being.

And if his power comes from an "unknown source", how can you know it defies all physical defenses when nothing is known about it?

leonheartmm
magic is just a PRACTICE, n ART, to actually extract mystical energy, beings who already posess it{like mephisto} are not magical, they r mystic.

demigawd
All of which is well and good...but the two, regardless of how you define them, are tied together. So again, where has Bison's energy been defined as magical or mystical? It's the Urge of Killing Wave or whatever in the manga....nothing magical or mystical about that. It's just some innate power. Where has it been shown to somehow ignore physical barriers?

leonheartmm
uve gotta be joking , when the wave of killing urge takes over, rocks around the person start levitating, the person becomes superhumanly powerful, their eyes start glowing, sometimes large areas around the person and structures are destroyed by that energy.

demigawd
So? Sounds like telekinesis to me. What's "physical law defying" about that?

leonheartmm
u know what, this is hopeless, ill just shut up.

jinzin
say it IS magical or mystical...so what? what says magneto can't handle it? say 1,000 david copperfeilds try and fight magneto (and mind you these guys are loaded with magic) who do you think is gonna win?

magneto sweeps this with ease.

Avalonofthewind
I'm going to go by the source materials, which are the games themselves and their endings. Akuma is always stronger than Bison.
I still say that Mags takes this one.

Once again. Master of the Fist is always stronger than the Master of Darkness. Unless Capcom themselves claim different, thats the way it is.

Xplosive
now thas just stupid demigawd.

n i dont know where u got that thing with street fighter alpha2 not bein out{n im not sayin ur wrong, but keep in mind that these animes have a habit of havin different names for different regions of the world, }, i most certainly have seen the anime in which ryu defeats bison and bison tells him y he sent that lil kid after ryu.

Do you think about cartoon, Alpha 2, I haven't seen it, and Magan said it comes in June?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.