Galactus (marvel) VS The Emperor of Mankind (warhammer 40k)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Galactus (Marvel)

vs

The emperor of mankind (warhammer 40k)

eleveninches
I think the emperor would OWN galactus.

eleveninches
Galactus would get pimp slapped around by the emperor of mankind

Magee
Umm who is the emporer of mankind?

eleveninches
He's a god. He is tens of thousands of years old, and united the galaxy under his rule. He has AWESOME psychic, physical and psionic capabilites. He is the founder of the imperium of man.

Magee
Sounds cool. But i know nothing about him so i can't really comment.

Mider
Is Warhammer a comic?

MERCILOUS
They have several different comics.

But galactus would own the emporer, he has no self though or motivation, he'd just sit there on the golden thrown while Galactus syphoned his power. A tasty banquet indeed.

Death to the false emporer!

seaapple
Psychic and physical capabilities mean nothing to Galactus.

He eats the disgusting emperor.

eleveninches
The emperor is the most powerful psychic EVER in the 40k universe. THe pre-heresy emperor (before he was wounded) was almost unbeatable. Warp travel would be impossible without his presence. He is THE god of humanity. The post-heresy one on the golden throne would lose, but the pre-heresy one defeated demons and gods that defied the laws of space and time. He was a master of 31st centuary technology, and was the oldest human ever (born at the birth of human civilization). He also was able to distort reality and iignore the rules of space and time.

Sentry
Originally posted by eleveninches
Galactus would get pimp slapped around by the emperor of mankind

Here we go again. Delusions of grandeur. Full Power Galactus is damn near omnipotent. A full power blast would kill the emperor, and whatever galaxy he's in.

Eternity = Galactus(Full Power Balance between life and death) = Death

eleveninches
The emperor is so much cooler though

ZephroCarnelian
No he's not, lol!

He's a shrivelled old prune sat in a golden toilet with tubes stuck in him!

AND he's schizophrenic! Read 'Space Marine' the novel by Ian Watson. The Emperor has an argument with himself, lol!

He's powerful alright - at one point he freezes time for a short while.

But he's not omnipotent.

The book describes frozen time as 'a tissue, impaled by the arrow of the Emperor's mind.' 'But before long, the tissue starts to tear...'

In terms of actual physical blasting etc - he's long past it. Even during his 'life' as 'twere, he was mortally wounded in physical combat...

Oh - and by the way. He only has psychic powers because he feeds off the souls of psychics sacrificed to him... some god lol...

Heracles
Horus took it to him and both struck a fatal blow at the same time.

Hes not Omnipotent by any stretch of the imagination.

The whole 40k universe is flawed and perverse thats what makes it interesting.

If he was omnipotent the primarchs would never have gone missing and he wouldn't have had to spend centuries looking for them and he wouldn't have needed legions of Space Marines to re conquer the Imperium.

He was Psychic before the Golden throne and was more than a match for Greater Daemons but if he had met a Chaos God it would have been game over.

Bottom line hes powerful the most powerful Human to have lived in that universe and his Psychic powers made Proffesor X look like a novice but he wasn't omnipotent and although super humanly strong he wasn't the Hulk although he could probably beat Spiderman in an Arm Wrestle.

Khorne, Nurgle, Slannesh, Tzeencth the four ruinious powers are Gods and the closest thing The 40k universe has to Galactus and although the Emperor could shield himself from them he couldn't take them on on there own plane of exsistence and beat them.

Galactus destroys planets the Emperor needed a battle fleet and a few Viral bombs to do that.

Rick Priestly who wrote the Game and helped Create the Universe is a close personal friend of my uncle who did the art for the first edition of the Game and I used to work for games workshop so I think this is a subject Im an authority on lol

eleveninches
Well, the chaos gods were said to have recognised the emperor as a being that they could not possibly hope to truely defeat, and that with all 20 primarchs, he would be invunerable.

And Horus wasnt more powerful than the emperor. THe emperor just held back during the fight, as he didnt want to kill his most beloved 'son' , and couldnt believe that horus was evil. Until horus killed a loyalist termie, and the emperor just killed him with one single blast.

ZephroCarnelian
Weird. In GW headquarters in Nottingham, theyve got a diorama of the Emperor and Horus fighting. Hand to hand.

And it wasn't a Terminator that got killed. It was Sanguinius the Blood Angel Primarch.

Heracles
Originally posted by eleveninches
Well, the chaos gods were said to have recognised the emperor as a being that they could not possibly hope to truely defeat, and that with all 20 primarchs, he would be invunerable.

And Horus wasnt more powerful than the emperor. THe emperor just held back during the fight, as he didnt want to kill his most beloved 'son' , and couldnt believe that horus was evil. Until horus killed a loyalist termie, and the emperor just killed him with one single blast.

Ok one the Chaos Gods can not take a corpreal form which is why they have Daemons.

Horus was a primarch possessed by a Daemon he was beyond a normal Primarch.

He did indeed kill Sanguinus not a loyalist Terminator and Sanguinus scarificed himself to buy the Emperor some time.

And they did indeed fight hand to hand Horus struck the Emp at the same time Horus died the Emperor was close to death and thats the reason hes int he Golden throne.

You really want to debate me don't lie and make this stuff up.

My Uncle is Anthony Ackland who along with John Blanche did the concept art and the art for WH4OK Rogue trader I used to work for the company and Ive chatted to Rick who WROTE the game on numerous occasions.

If you want me to start pulling issues of WD and the Heresy history from various games Like Adpetus Titanicus, Space Marine, Epic and 40k just give me a holla and I will be happy to.

Best thing to do when your proved wrong is to stop talking...

Heracles
Ahh I see where you read the holding back thing and the Terminator coming in when the Emp was down.

So you weren't making it up but thats on a site and wasn't written by Games Workshop staff.

It's a nice story but only really one persons interpretation of the final battle.

Fact is they did go hand to hand and Horus did cripple the Emp.

If he was omnipotent fight wouldn't have lasted 5 seconds Emperor would have willed him dead from his palace and wiped out the legions while he was at it.

Point still stands that Galactus would own him.

Heracles
Oh and the Blast didn't kill Horus is just expelled the forces of chaos that possessed him from his body and it took all the power he had to do it.

He then killed Horus with his sword before the Chaos gods could possess him again.

Again Omnipotent guy wouldn't have had to go to that much effort.

eleveninches
Horus did kill sanguinius, but the emperor didnt want to attack horus. The Emperor wasnt wanting to kill the one he considered to be his most beloved 'son'. Then Horus killed a loyalist termie, and the emperor saw that terra was in real danger, and struck horus with one single blast. He didnt just kill him, but eradicated his prescence in the warp.

Mider
How many comics are there of Warhammer?

StormStrikr
Sorry for some serious thread necro here but I just joined the forum and found this old thread. As a correction to many of the arguements presented here, I offer this text from the Warhammer 40k Bible, which describes exactly how the battle between Horus and the Emporer of Mankind went down.

The Warmaster bestrides the body of a broken angel. Behind him the tortured Earth fills the viewport, a bauble for Horus to sieze with one clawed hand. Corpses of massacred marines lie everywhere.

Face glowing with internal bloodlight, Horus speaks. "Poor Sanguinius. I
offered him a position of power in the new order. He could have a seat at the right hand of a god. Alas he chose to align himself with the losing side."

The Emperor stands transfixed, trying to force frozen words from his tongue. In the end he can only wisper; "Why?"

Mad laughter rings out. "Why? You ask me why? Have all those millennia taught you nothing? Weak fool, your timidity prevented you from binding the forces of Chaos. You shied away from the ultimate power. I have bound it to my will and will lead humanity into a new age. I, Horus, Master Of Chaos."

The Emperor looks at his former friend and shakes his head. He sees the trap that has ensnared Horus. "No man can master Chaos," he says quietly. "You have deluded yourself. You are the servant not the master."

A look of rage transfigures the Warmaster. He stretches out a hand and a bolt of force leaps forth. The Emperor screams as agony wracks his body. "Feel the true nature of my power then tell me I am deluded," roars Horus, in the voice of an angry god.

Beads of sweat stand out on the Emperor's forehead, he steels himself against the pain. "You are deluded," he says.

Once again Horus gestures and lances of pure poison sear through the Emperor's veins. "I let you come here, old friend, so that you could witness my triumph. Kneel before me and I will spare you. Acknowledge the new master of mankind." Desperately the Emperor summons his power and lashes out. Lightning flicker between the combatants. The stench of ozone fills the air. The Emperor leaps forward, sword raised. Weapons clash as the battle is joined on every level: physical, spiritual, psychic.

Bolts of force flicker as mortal gods clash, balancing the fate of the galaxy on every blow. Runesword and lightning claw ring against each other with a sound like thunder. Energies potent enough to level planets are unleashed. A backhand buffet from Horus knocks the Emperor through a stone bulkhead. The counterstroke tears a supporting column out of the ceiling as the Warmaster ducks.

In the warp the Emperor hears the Chaos Powers howl as they feed their pawn more power. The Lord of Humanity stands alone against their massed might and knows that he is losing. Somehow he cannot bring his full force to bear on the Warmaster. Horus shows no such restraint.

A lightning claw cuts the Emperor's armour as if it were cloth, sheers through flesh and bone. The Emperor ripostes with a psychic stroke intended to disrupt the Warmaster's nervous system. Horus laughs as he deflects it. His claws take the Emperor across the throat, opening windpipe and jugular. Another blow severs the tendons of his wrist, causing the sword to drop from nerveless fingers.

Insane laughter echoes round the chamber. Horus breaks several ribs with an almost playful punch. A surge of energy seers the Emperor's face, melting the flesh till it runs, bursting an eyeball, sets the hair alight. The Emperor stifles a whimper, wonders how he can be losing. Blackness threatens to engulf him.

Horus grasps his wrist, splintering bones. Bl+ood pumps from the Emperor's throat. Horus lifts his foe above his head and brings him down across his knee, breaking his spine.

For a second the Emperor knows only darkness then a flare of agony brings him back to consciousness as Horus rips his arm from its socket. The Warmaster howls with bestial triumph.

Suddenly the battering stops. Through his good eye the Emperor sees a solitary Terminator has entered the room. The marine charges toward the Warmaster, stormbolter blazing. Horus looks at him and laughs. For a moment he stands triumphant, allowing the marine to see what he has done to his Emperor. The Emperor know what is going to happen next, sees the gloating triumph on Horus' face. There is no trace of his friend left there. There is only a daemon driven by insane destructive fury.

Horus turns his burning gaze on the Terminator and the marine's flesh flakes away to reveal his skeleton then even that is gone, reduced to dust.

The Emperor sees the trap that has been set for him. He has been restraining himself, trying not to hurt one who has been as a son to him. Now he sees that there is no trace of his trusted comrade left. He knows that he must stop this semblance of his former friend and avenge the fallen Terminator. He must strike one deadly blow. He will get no other chance.

He gathers every particle of his power, focuses it into a mighty bolt of pure force, more coherent than a laser, more destructive than an exploding sun. He aims it at Horus, a lance of power destined for the madman's heart. Horus senses the upsurge of energy and turns to face the Emperor, a look of horror on his face.

The Emperor lets fly. It strikes the Warmaster. Horus screams as destruction rains down on him, twisting and writhing in titanic agony. He strives frantically to counter the Emperor's deathblow but his struggles become ever more feeble as the lethal energies play over him.

Driven by all the force of his rage and pain and hatred the Emperor wills
Horus's death. He senses the forces of Chaos retreat, disengaging themselves from their pawn. As they do so sanity returns to the Warmaster. The Emperor sees realisation of the atrocities he has commited flicker across Horus' face. Tears glisten there.

Horus is free but the Emperor knows he himself is dieing and that the Powers Of Chaos may once again posses the Warmaster and he will not be there to stop them. He cannot take that risk. Horus must die. Yet for a second, looking into his old friends face, he hesitates, unable to do the deed. Then he thinks of the slaughter that still goes on outside, may go on forever. Resolve hardens within him.

He forces all mercy and all compassion from his mind, empties it of all
knowledge of friendship and love.

His eyes lock with Horus and see understanding there. Then with full cold
knowledge of what he is doing the Emperor destroys the Warmaster.

Rogal Dorn enters the chamber. Horror fills him as he sees the mutilated form of the Emperor and the shrivelled husk inside the warmaster's armour. He curses himself for taking so long to fight through the Chaotic hordes. He knows now why their attacks ceased and why the ship is reverting to normal. He rushes to the Emperor's side, detecting the faint pulse of life. Perhaps there is yet hope. Perhaps the ruler of the Imperium may live. Dorn will do his best to ensure it.

So that clears up some of the arguement about Horus vs The Emporer.

Now as for the thread topic, I would have to say the Emporer would win due to the fact that his psychic power back in his prime was enough to keep the chaos gods at bay across the majority of the Imperium.

Survivor19
So what?
Galactus is no chaos god.
He was never harmed by psychics.
Big G wins.

AlmightyKfish
Spite.

Galactus would take out the entire Imperium of Man in one blast. Think Annihilation.

Bouboumaster
-Galactus: "Herald... My rage!"
*Battle ends after the releasing of a three solar system blast*

Slaanesh
Death to the false Emperor..

Uriel005
Actually the argument is pre-heresy emperor. Also Galactus is limited on how much Power Cosmic he can draw at any one time. Also he is still limited to 3-dimensional power capabilities. As Mr. Mxyzptlk said as a 5th dimensional being he is 2x Infinity stronger than anything in the material Universe. The emperor is pretty much a 4th dimensional being that had an avatar in the 3-d world.
Also because so many people seem to have little idea of who the emperor actually is History Lesson Folks...
He is a conglomeration of the souls of spiritual leaders who used to reincarnate themselves but with the coming of Slaanesh it made it that much harder to do and they realized soon they may loose the ability alltogether. So they all commited a mass suicide to reincarnate into the same body. That body was the emperor. He is the collective of millions of Gamma class to Apex Alpha Plus Class psykers. Also the emperor held off on killing Horus supposedly he held out for his redemption until Horus obliterated one of the Emperors Adeptus Custodes not a standard terminator. For those who don't know what a Custodes is the Adeptus Custodes is the emperors personal bodyguard. They are to space marines as what space marines are to normal people supposedly they use the Emperor's own gene seed. 2nd The emperor is far smarter than Reed Richards building a nullifier would not be beyond him.
Also the Horus Heresy was a last ditch attempt by the chaos gods to stop the emperor. He was working on 2 major projects at the time they forced the Horus Heresy. A Webway similar to the eldar and his greatest project ever which would utterly destroy the Chaos gods make every single human being a god in their own right. Essentially making every human a psyker by giving up his own life to "copy" his psychic capabilities onto every human being and allowing his "soul" to draw on the power of all those enlightened humans and obliterate the gods of chaos and other enemies of mankind.
I have followed Warhammer 40k for almost 16 years now so I have a pretty good grasp of the emperors powers and capabilites. I have also followed Marvel for the last decade not as closely but closely enough to know that Galactus's powers are not enough to defeat the Emperor in a straight fight.

AlmightyKfish
You realise that Richard's didn't build the nullifier?

And the Emperor may be the collective of many psykers, but Galactus is the embodiment of a concept.

Galactus at his very weakest, having been drained of energy and left starving by Thanos' tech, created a blast that obliterated 3 solar systems, and a Watcher

Galactus has telepathy on a riduculous level. The Emperor has nothing on him.
Galactus just telepathically noticing Xavier tore apart the location Xavier was in when attempting this ( In Secret Wars)
Galactus could win this fight in hundreds of ways.

Survivor19
If you are so smart, why do you think Galan is 3-dimensional?

D_Dude1210
I love Warhammer 40k and all but Galactus would own the Emperor.

The Emperor is Skyfather level at most IMO.

Utrigita
Galactus for the win.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I love Warhammer 40k and all but Galactus would own the Emperor.

The Emperor is Skyfather level at most IMO.

Co-signed

Odin would also beat him

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Uriel005
Also Galactus is limited on how much Power Cosmic he can draw at any one time. Also he is still limited to 3-dimensional power capabilities.
No, he is not (a limitation of drawing from the Power Cosmic is not the same as power degradation due to hunger). And no, he is not.

I admit I have no idea what the hell warhammer 401K is. But I'm not sure how any of the above is relevant when you're talking about compositions. The emperor is composed of so many millions of people...ok. But unless each of those millions of people is on par with Mad Jim Jaspers, I don't see how any of that has any relevance when Galactus is an entire universe made incarnate.

I don't see the relevance of the personal body-guard bit either....a fraction of Galactus' power creates an indentured servant, not a body-guard, but a servant, that flies through nebulae and the heart of super giant suns with nothing but a surfboard...i don't know what a "space marine" is but i'm betting they use guns, heavy armor, and vehicles.

Also Reed Richards didn't build the nullifier. The nullifier is Galactus' tech/weapon, not Reed's.

Master Court
I don't know who this other guy is... where he's from... what he wants... what his cat's name is...

Galactus doesn't care, why should I? He PWWWNNNSSS-AH this guy that nobody really knows.

Rule Of Thumb; If you don't know who he is, Galactus probably beats him.

TXTOASTRMASAKR
On Terms of power-Galactus for sure

On Terms of Looking Bad-ass-The Emperor of Mankind (pre-heresy for all those people not paying attention to the thread). Sorry Galactus, but the helmet just screams lame lol.

D_Dude1210
Hm... on an unrelated note, I wonder how the Surfer would fare against armies of the Imperium or better yet, how will he fare against the 'Nids... Big G would prolly see a Nid hive fleet like meals on wheels...

Endless Mike
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Hm... on an unrelated note, I wonder how the Surfer would fare against armies of the Imperium or better yet, how will he fare against the 'Nids... Big G would prolly see a Nid hive fleet like meals on wheels...

Surfer would be fine in 40K unless he flew into the Eye of Terror or came up against a C'tan (and even then he could maybe pull out a win, if he used Cosmic Awareness to find their weakness)

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Surfer would be fine in 40K unless he flew into the Eye of Terror or came up against a C'tan (and even then he could maybe pull out a win, if he used Cosmic Awareness to find their weakness)

Surfer taking on the C'Tan and their servants (the Necrons) would be quite a sight... O_O

Also, how does the Surfer measure up to the chaos gods? I'm sure the Surfer can easily one-shot Titans, tho.

Endless Mike
Chaos gods are skyfather level if you ask me, they also have no real physical bodies

Lord Feron
Wow I have no idea what anyone is talking about but sounds cool. big grin

Bouboumaster
Galactus one-shot anyone named in this thread

Lord Feron
Molecular Man..... just owned Boubou! big grin

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Lord Feron

If you are talking of Owen Reece, it's Molecule Man!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecule_Man

You just owned yourself! eek! Happy Dance

Nestical
Originally posted by Lord Feron

you and this thread fail

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.