Gamecube and PS2-game: StarWars BountyHunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
Publisher LucasArts today announced that it will bring a version of its upcoming next-generation title Star Wars Bounty Hunter to GameCube this fall. The game, which is based on events from the Episode I and II feature films of the same universe, will also see a release on Sony's PlayStation 2 console.
In Bounty Hunter, players are pitted as the feared mercenary Jango Fett, the father of the legendary Boba Fett, and are made to travel through his seedy world, interact with thieves and assassins, and more. Fett is on a quest to capture the leader of an evil cult and will stop at nothing to retrieve his bounty, even if it means competing against a brutal rival for the prize.

The title, a third-person action adventure, puts emphasis on intense combat across six, vastly different worlds and 18 levels. Fett does battle with the scum of the galaxy, including crime lords, corrupt politicians, enemies of various species, and of course a competitor from his own mysterious, clone-connected past. - IGN.com

wow, a bounty hunter game, how cool is that!! plus; the cutscenes will be created by ILM and Skywalker Sound will do the sound!! NIIIIIIIIICE

Ushgarak
Now, THIS is the game that should have all the big unstoppable guns, rather than Jedi Outcast.

LanceWindu
I heard about this title a long-time ago.

I even saw the trailer to the game yesterday.

There's a part where Jango twirls his blaster with his left hand. If you look closely you can tell his hand doesn't move at all. Just the gun does.

Ushgarak
Well, that's pretty typical for computer graphics.

I'd rather you were able to create your own Bounty Hunter, actually. This is looking more like a gun-heavy version of Obi-Wan rather than anything else.

Roll on KOTOR...

LanceWindu
Well that scene was from the trailer, it wasn't part of the game at all. Just an introduction to Jango Fett for the games trailer.

Captain REX
I have Gamecube, so I'll add this to my few games. Rogue Leader just isn't meeting my "kill-people-with-guns" need.

LanceWindu
Your too evil. But at least in Rogue Leader you get to blow Imps out of the air with some cool starships.

General Kaliero
I totally agree with this. Super Smash Bros. Melee doesn't work either. Sometimes I just need to shoot someone, and hear their scream of pain, and their pitiful moaning... uh... (Giggles nervously)... excuse me...

Captain REX
You backstabber! Your taking all of the fun out of it! You have to let me win you idiot! *Shoots Kaliero, listens to his scream of pain, and giggles nervously*

I wonder...will BH be like a 007 game?

You probably get to use Jango Fett's dual pistols, kyberdarts, flamethrower, grappling hook, rocket launcher, etc. Sounds like fun.

Mujaffa
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/starwarsbountyhunter/images/wallpaper/vosa_800.jpg
if you see this girl.....run...

LanceWindu
Good advice.

finti
x-box gamecube ps2, which should I choose?

mah
depends. sw-games can't help you decide, as SW: Bounty Hunter is on PS2 and Gamecube, SW: Clone Wars is also on PS2 and Gamecube, while JEdi Outcast is on (PC), Xbox and Gamecube. generally though, I'd say go for the Gamecube or PS2.

finti
PS2 then

mah
or Gamecubebig grin

finti
no the gamecube is not an otion either x-box or ps2

LanceWindu
PS2 rules.

X-Box is a flashy machine, but they don't have many hits yet.

Mujaffa
go for the gamecube fintster...it will serve you well..

Mujaffa
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/starwarsbountyhunter/images/screens/15.jpg

Mujaffa
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/starwarsbountyhunter/images/screens/73.jpg
i think i just found out how boba got out of the sarlacc in eu... confused

mah
I find your lack of wisdom disturbing.

BackFire349
i agree with mah, ps2 or gamecube for sure. and this game doesnt look very good, another example of a company snagging a big name and making lousy merchandise to capitolize on its popularity.

Julie
The game looks great but I don't have a ps2

BackFire349
theres better star wars games coming out, galaxies will be great.

finti
so then it will be PS2 , I looked at Gamecube at Toys`R` Us last night, and it sure aint for me. Never liked Nintendo anyway.
Most all of my friends have PS2 so then we can swap games

BackFire349
yeah, ps2 and gamecube are both equal, just depends on your preference to games.

finti
Gamecube looks like a cardboardbox. From what I have seen x-box have much cooler games than GC. PS2 have the best

LanceWindu
PS2 is the best, graphics wise they are behind, but the games are that much more awesome.

X-box has one good game, Halo, but then the other games they have either suck ass or you can get them on GC or PS2.

Which means most of their original games don't meet the quality of what they should be.

BackFire349
xbox games all try to be extremely complex, gimmicky and futuristic, the best games are the simple games. and gamecube has the best games probably. games for everyone, from mario to resident evil.

mah
and anyone who doesn't like Animal Crossing is lying..

BackFire349
i could see why someone wouldnt like animal crossing, that type of game isnt for everyone, soem would probably find it boring just living a virtual life.

finti
I think I would choose a Comodore 64 before gamecube

BackFire349
gamecube is a system that has either games that will end up being classics (mario, metroid, ect) or crap. you should get ps2 finti, best system for you probably.

mah
your choice of PS2 is perfectly understandable, but you have no reasons whatsoever to criticise the Gamecube like that when you've actually barely tried it! makes you look stupid!

finti
Mah dont try so hard to be such a goody two shoes, anyways I have looked at gamecube for some time like as with X-box and PS2. And I never liked nintendo at all and GC is nintendo. GC has those games I hate, platform games like Mario and other crappy games.
And dont give me that dont knock it until you tried it crap, I can tell really quickly if I gonna hate a game or not. Just have to read a bit about the game is enough for me

mah
you just have to read the unified praise of the games so you know they'll suck? and check out Nintendos newest game out in USA; Metroid Prime. download a video-clip or something, and tell me honestly that you think it looks bad.
but yes, PS2 is probably your right choice since you only like FirsPersonShooters.

BackFire349
calling mario crappy makes you lose all gaming credibility. every mario is a masterpiece. those games basically brought gaming into the mainstream.

finti
Mario is a laughable and no I dont like shoot them up games. Some of them are cool but thinks like doom and quake sucks.
Actually the best games is for the PC cause you get great strategic games there

BackFire349
all of the mario games are great, and yeah, i like pc games best too.

Julie
i may rent the system someday just to play this game but I highly doubt it becuse I'm too lazy and I want to do so many other things....

Mujaffa
http://www.nintendo.no/gamecube/spill/Bilder/swbounty1.jpg

Captain REX
I have it! I have Bounty Hunter!

It's really cool. Count Dooku has a created a sort of...contest. He's sent messages to the top bounty hunters and mercenaries in the galaxy to hunt after one of his ex-Padawan and deranged Dark Jedi, Komari Vosa (the scary girl with 2 lightsabers that Mujaffa posted a pic of). She is the leader of a group called the Bando Gora. Their ideal business is selling death sticks. Jango later finds out that they have put an odd neurotoxin in them...

The bounty-marking is great. If they are wanted dead it's easier. It's also easier if they are civvies instead of soldiers or thugs with blasters.

I've so far used the twin pistols, a blaster rifle, a flamethrower, a grenade launcher, grenades, and the whip cord.

Mujaffa
good for you

finti
you got gamecube rex?

Mujaffa
ja he does

Mujaffa
http://www.georgettesworld.com/main/jango-freebasing.jpg

Captain REX
Yeah, I have a GC. It's easy to take to a friend's house. Not that I need to because two of them have GCs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.