I just saw 28 days later....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
I just rented 28 days later... this movie kind of sucked. It wasn't scary one bit. Although the rage peepo were wicked. They are one crazy s.o.b's. Anyway, what'd ya guys think?

Evil Dead
Great flick. One of the few good movies to come out of the horror genre in several years. The ending wasn't as strong as it could have been but other than that.......golden all the way.

weren't scared one bit? No offense dude.......but if you are over the age of ten years old and you still get scared by ANY movie you need to seek a psychiatrist.

LeAtHerRFace
Well.... I dont really get scared of movies, its just not my thing. Well yes I agree with you that the ending kinda sucked it couldve been better.

A Talking Dog
best zombie movie ever made.
i know that isn't saying much, but dawn of the dead can go {TV EDIT} "hug" itself.

Evil Dead
A Talking Dog must have missed all three films in Romero's "Dead" trilogy..................

HockeyHorror
not the BEST zombie movie but one of the best for sure.

BackFire
Not only the best zombie film of the last 10 years, but the best horror film of the last 10 years.

tabby999
i thought they wern't zombie, just really pissed off humans

glenn
the ending sucked so bad.

Cinemaddiction
..thought it wasn't a zombie movie, guys? roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

(For the record, I feel there have been better, more creative horror movies since 1994, i.e. Scream, Final Destination 2, Se7en, Red Dragon, etc)

Linkalicious
Scream was classic....i think it really gets downplayed because of its crappy sequels. Idk why, but i don't really feel like se7en or Red Dragon were real horror flicks, but they were also really good movies.

mechmoggy
I love 28DL, pure quality.

Tex
Yeah, it was very smart, and you really get to care for the characters. thumb up

Zilverz
28 days later is AWESOME.

Leatherface i know its your opinion and all ... but you can still eat dirt q:

Jason_Krueger
I didn't think the movie was good at all.....When I saw this film on the opening day in the theatres it disappointed me....then a week ago I rented it again to see if a second viewing of the film would change my opinion but it didnt this movie is boring and filled with cheap thrills

Zilverz
what cheap thrills? The movie had several original ideas. Character development, aggressive zombiez, social issues. Should we just consider you a slasher fan or what ?

Cinemaddiction
Who thinks they are crappy? They got better every time. Less predictable, more enjoyable. 28 Days Later certainly isn't original, not in all aspects, anyway.

Zilverz
Ok the idea that People are infected/zombified was not an original core plot. But there are many original aspects in the cinematography. How can you guys bash this movie when it totally destroyed most of its competition? You guys are weak

Cinemaddiction
I'm not talkin' core plots. I am talking entire stories. Again, anyone not seen "Dawn of the Dead" & "The Omega Man"?

Lone survivor, plague takes over the world, infected people who are also homocidally psychotic? This starting to sound familiar?
Just add the totally ****ing preposterous idea that monkeys can get a virus by watching violent images on television, and there you have it.

I think that Danny Boyle was trying to make some statement about violence, and how it's some kind of communicable disease. This isn't the first movie about isolation, the exploitation of human nature in extreme situations, or what have you. It's just a conglomeration that just so happened to work.

I'll give credit where credit is due, and that it was a cool story, which could have made a little more sense had stupid simians not been involved. That said, it's not original. It's not scary.

As for the "cinematography", are we talking about the brilliant use of a handheld camera er..? embarrasment Sure, it adds to the authenticity of the movie, but this isn't the first time it's ever been done.

Evil Dead
um........in the Omega Man, the mutants aren't psychotic at all........who the hell did you quote that from Cinema? They (much like the last PoTA movie) simply detest technology and those who use it. They blame it for the downfall of the human race. They actually have a very logical and civilized society with a political order.

Cinemaddiction
Our cinematic lord and savior, IMDB.com. It's been too long since I've seen it, so I couldn't remember for myself.

ejay1
I have to disagree the Night of the Living Dead scared the heck out of me,boh the original and the remake.

But yeah anyone who got scared by 28 Days Later needs to get seek a psychiatrist. laughing This movie wasn't meant to be scry but to make you think. Well maybe some added cheap thrills you would feel on a roller coaster ride. Nothing genuinely creepy like NOLD and its remake that movie gave me the goosebumps.

Zilverz
Cinemaguy,

Omega Man was an awesome movie.

28days later
There were MANY artistic scenes, not just refferencinng the hand held camera.

for example:

When they are all in the car and driving accross the country to get to the outpost. One scene shows them driving past a flower garden. The scene looks like a merge of a painting/Full motion video.

Jason_Krueger
It took me 28 Days to recover from the crappyness of the film

Zilverz
thanks for the worthless comment

LeAtHerRFace
Thx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.