Putting it all in perspective - fitting episode 3 with all the rest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Naredhel
I'm currently watching episode 1... and I'm amazed how much more it makes sense, since I've been spoiled to death and know every nook and cranny of episode 3. My point is that episode 3 from what we've heard and seen so far, must be a perfect gap filler if it does that, since is that not what it's intended to do?
Watching it now, seeing how Anakin develops; his choices, his character... it's all so fitting! Anyone else found this?

brendy
yeah i agree. come to think of it in my opinion episode I developed anakin's character alot more than episode II.

And now you can really see that taking him from his mother wasn't such a good idea..

Naredhel
It's the interaction between his mother and him, and Padme and him that really interests me... the things his mum says to him... do you think they had more impact?!

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhhh.... The renewed poigniency of the Japor snippet scene in ep1....
The rumblings of ominousity of the Palps line of "We will watch your career with great interest" are even louder now...
I was watching ROTJ last night and the whole saga'll be enriched by the addition of ep3 I believe.... The moments of pensiveness of Vader before his decision to sort out Palps once and for all... There is now a real sense of "I should've done this a long time ago, for Padme, for Obiwan, for the kids, hell...even for that git Mace....." and Anakins redemption/death as a whole....His unmasking and seeing the damage to his head and face now knowing where those wounds came from that fateful day on Mustafar.... The reappearance of Anakin along Yoda and his old master in the force....... All MUCH deeper now.... Palps taking that header down the shaft really felt more gratifying now knowing the entirety of what he was responsible for.... and these are just a FEW of the ways of which the new episode has enriched it for me....

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Naredhel
It's the interaction between his mother and him, and Padme and him that really interests me... the things his mum says to him... do you think they had more impact?!

Absolutely.... I had thought that from ep2 though.... It may indeed add to that some more..... smile

Naredhel
I'm watching the Yoda training in ep V at the moment... and there's something I don't quite understand... How can Yoda say the dark side ISN'T stronger when he gets his ass whooped by Palps? Unless... palps does the dirty on him?

bilb
Well 2 things...

first off, he IS 900 years old so he's been around a bit & seen alot. BUT it was exactly this type arrogance that led to the elimination of the Jedi in the first place. Which leads more credence to your argument that the PT adds a whole new depth to the whole saga.

Secondly, he can already sense fear in Luke, why give him more reason to fear the darkside? He was telling him what I think he hioneslty believed AND what would benefit Luke the most at that point.

ArthasKnight
I think he lied about it. His response was much too quick and forceful for him to be telling the truth. You know like when you just blurt out a lie? It's like that.

NoFate007
Well...the dark side might be physically stronger, but when you look at it in the grand scope of things, the light side is.
1. Obi-Wan's incredible luck
2. Yoda's ability to stay alive while he was obviously dying, until he thought Luke could fend for himself
3. Anakin being able to keep the good inside of him and destroy Palpatine
4. Luke's incredible luck
5. Palpatine's insane decrease in power by the time of ROTJ
eh that's enough, i have too much stuff i have to do

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.