Discussion: Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno

April Book of the Month

All discussions related to this book should be in this thread. To keep readability of posts, there is no need to use spoilers in your posts unless you feel it is absolutely necessary. Anyone reading the posts in this particular thread must be aware that they may contain spoilers about the plot and characters of the book.

yerssot
well... I'm still reading the thing, but as I see it for now: does it contradict the last episode of the Clone Wars series 2 or not?

Clovie
it is about star wars? blink

yerssot
yes

Clovie
now i know who voted for it. stick out tongue

yerssot
yeah, I did

Clovie
plus all other SW-obsessed ppl.
(i didn't mean it in negative sense)

Jedi Priestess
How do you mean Yerssie? Conflict? I loved this book. One of the better EU things I thought.

yerssot
well, the part I'm at now, they're setting things up for a battle... but them being in that specific place is about to contradict what episode 25 of the Clone Wars series showed messed

DCLXVI
I'm not that far in the book yet....just picked it up yesterday, and I've gone through the first chapter.
Seems to be good thus far.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by yerssot
well, the part I'm at now, they're setting things up for a battle... but them being in that specific place is about to contradict what episode 25 of the Clone Wars series showed messed

Um quite a few battles in this book babe. blink Can you be more specific?

yerssot
I wish I could but I kinda forgot where they were... I read very sporadic in this one

yerssot
nevermind, I was wrong

Jedi Priestess
laughing out loud Kinda thought you might be but I was discreetly not mentioning it. wink

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by yerssot
nevermind, I was wrong

No yerss, you're right.

The final battle on Coruscant when they "kidnap" Palpatine conflicts with Clone Wars Volume 2 Ep. 25. They have their own version of the same battle and the two stories are similar, yet have different characters. I noticed this when I was watching Clone Wars the other day.

BTW, I finished the book ages ago, a must read for any Star Wars Expanded Universe fan.

9.5/10

yerssot
thanks JP... I feel sane now stick out tongue

yeah Lance, but that's not what I ment actually embarrasment but indeed, it goes differently, like in the series Grievous jumps through the window while in the book some battledroids get in first

LanİeWindu™
It definately goes differently in many scenes, but Clone Wars IMO isn't the same as a novel. I'll stick with the novel because it ties in directly into the films, whereas the series has more creative license.

yerssot
and they show their jedi as supermen

LanİeWindu™
That's true.

I like the show and everything, but to me it's even more non-canon then the books.

yerssot
becaues you wuv books eek!

LanİeWindu™
That is true, but like you mentioned, the cartoon exaggerates too much.

DCLXVI
Had to put this down so I could read the NOVELIZATION....wink

yerssot
isn't it better to read this one first since it comes right before the novel/movie?

DCLXVI
Yeah, s'pose, but my buddy was in more of a rush to read it....
....so I lent it to him, and bought the NOVELIZATION....wink

yerssot
I finished it and the ending is better than the start of the book

Jedi Priestess

gaz1
so does this book set things up for epidode 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.