Would you skip school to see this movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
I am!I have to go to the box office at eleven and buy the tickets and then go see the first showing iwht my boyfriend.Would you guys think it is worth skiping school to see?jmst-sym

LanİeWindu™
If I went to school...maybe.

12345m
i am

jango fatt
Hell yeah!!!!
But i have free then
Cuz it's on wednesday!

Jackie Malfoy
Its on a thrusday for us.JM

ExecuteR
sure i would

DenKi
lol children

bill9d9
School? huh

Mr Parker
Since I have been dissapointed with every star wars film made since Empire Strikes Back the answer is simple.No-in my case i would not take off for work.The bright side is that from the trailers,this finally looks like the first good star wars film made since Empire.

Sith Master X
You bet. Skipping school on Thursday May 19th!

LanİeWindu™
I'm skipping work.

Obiwalker08
i m letting my kids skip....i m taking the week off

Arsenal
I would skip school to watch a pin drop.

PVS
SCHOOL!?!?!? i would skip my own damn wedding.
really, what kind of question is that!?!?!

Jackie Malfoy
I want to see how faithful you star wars fans are!jm

Morridini
Nah, I won't skip school.
I'll just get my dad to stop by the cinema right after the sale starts. It can't be that much of a line as it is in the middle of the school day.

Jackie Malfoy
I love your siggy!jm love

Xam
when i was in school i was gonna skip!but i droped out soooo no need for that!my friends are tho

Darth Bong
If I went to school I would skip to see ep3. But I'm not anymore. I did however skip school for the Phantom Menace, and skipped work for Attack of the Clones.

Jayd265
i would but my last day of school is may 18 haha works out fine now doesnt it?

Sith Master X
Man, what an awesome way to start off your break!

Echuu
Originally posted by PVS

laughing

EHmasterJedi
hell yeah skip shoot the heck with school, LOL come May 19 ill have less and 1 month before i graduate to LOL

Force Adept
Originally posted by Arsenal
I would skip school to watch a pin drop.

lol

I don't go to school anymore, but if I'm working that night, then I'm skipping.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by PVS

ROFLMAO Yup... I'm with you on that PVS.... I'll be skipping my 30th birthday celebration the next day for it too..... I think a more pertinent question would be "If you go to school at all, will anyone NOT be skipping to see ROTS"..... smile

DeVi| D0do
I skipped school to see Attack of the Clones...

I guess I'm lucky I'm a bum now, I can do anything I want whenever I want... though it does kinda suck to, ya know, have no money and all erm

Knowone
yes i would!!!!!!!!

The Ones
I WANT TO BUT I CANT!. my parents wont let me....

tlbauerle
I'll probably skip work...play some wookiee hookiee

umraan
damn straight i would miss school!!

lucasfilm
i wish i didnt have school, but since i do... HELL YEAH!!!
I MEAN WAHT KIND OF QUESTION IS THIS?? OF COURSE I WILL!!!!

JKozzy
I would if I could, but I can't.

DeadStar
as a matter of fact i might skip college thursday morning and go and see the 9:30 show as well as the 21:30 show as well lol :P

Insomnia
Would I?

School blows. I would skip school even if I had nothing to do.

AntniEllison
I was thinking of doing the same thing DeadStar.

I'm Definatly skipping college n goin 2 watch the 09:30am screening and i'm not sure yet if to go to the 21:30pm showing.

macgeek2005
If I went to school, I would definetaly skip it for this.

Malic Clanorian
i always skip for no reasons so i obviously would for this

JKozzy
Originally posted by macgeek2005
If I went to school, I would definetaly skip it for this. You dropped out of school at age 14/15? blink

Originally posted by macgeek2005
I was like 9 when the phantom Menace came out.

sith_darth_jay
I'll have to see this movie on opening day no matter what gets in my way....hell, I skipped college to see Matrix revolutions, why wouldn't I do it for Ep III?
actually I hope i get tickets for the premier night may 18th....big grin

JKOZZY> what you parents got a tracer on you or what?

Just_Joe
When Phantom Menace came out, one of my teachers, who was a big star wars fan, mysteriously got sick it's opening day.

hhhhmmmmmmm big grin

oddjob02
I skipped for the previous two, was in high school, but now in college we get out earlier;

saw Phantom Menace 5 times the day it came out
saw Attack of the Clones 2 times the day it came out

by the looks of ROTS, I will not see the light of day on May 19th

ArthasKnight
I hope to get permission to go see it at midnight, so if I do then I suppose I won't be going to school on friday.

Torik_Shai
I want to go at midnight, but my friends don't want to go then. So, we've decided to skip school on Thursday to go see it instead.

DeVi| D0do
you should ditch your friends dude wink

hazkid
i cant miss school on thursday( sad ), but i am going to make sure i get tickets for a 4:00 showing somewhere.....i can skip homework ( big grin )!

DarkYoda
LOL laughing ...if you went to school it isn't like you would get anything out of it anyway...you would be too excited for the movie.

It's the same reasoning behind going to the midnight showing...I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that Revenge Of The Sith was actually playing somewhere. eek!

You could just buy your tickets in advance instead of skipping school. Most theaters start selling tickets for BIG movies weeks before it comes out. If you wait until last minute there won't be any left. erm

As for me... I will be partying the whole week of May 19th! Happy Dance Happy Dance

DeVi| D0do
I got my tickets today!

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
you should ditch your friends dude wink

I feel weird going to the movies by myself. sad confused embarrasment

Imaginary
Watching it at 00:01, then I'll try and not fall asleep during school the next day.

Eleonora
Originally posted by oddjob02

saw Attack of the Clones 2 times the day it came out

So did I, despite an American (sorry) lousy b***h wanted my seat.
I won't skip school, I've missed a lot already due to health problems.

jedijunky1138
No because skipping school is wrong.... You might get caught and get detention or ISS..... You would break your mom's heart.... You need your education.... You would regret it for the rest of your life.... You would miss your friends.... Your girlfriend will be mad....

Well seeing how un-compelling my argument is, I would have to say If I was still in school I would probably skip class for this movie. Hell I skipped school because my shoe was untied once.... laughing

JediStang
Don't really need to, but I might come in late.

I think the question is unanymous, close this

GCG
i wouldnt skip school.........

.....but i would certainly skip the line ! big grin

PVS
well, i will be taking may19 off from work, since with all the crappy commercials and previews, the film will probably start at like 12:30 or even later (the wait has gotten progressively worse since ep1). i figure we'll walk out of that theater at like 3 in the morning, an im getting a bit to old to sleep for only 3-4 hours and drag my ass out of bed to work. i made the mistake of doing so for ep1 & 2, but i know better now. besides, i will be able to then catch an early showing on the 19th big grin just have to put up with those damn children talking out loud during the film and kicking the back of my seat! mad
maybe i should bring a taser

hazkid
all the movie theaters in my city are run by the same company and open @ 11:00. that company doesn't take credit cards. so they don't sell tickets online or sell them early. i guess i will have to find somebody who will go to theater #2 @ 11:00.

on december 17, i wanted to go see "return of the king".
theater #1: all tickets sold out by noon
theater #2: 4 tickets left when i got there @ 3:30 for a 4:00 show

so, there is to chance for tickets @ #1. but, if i (or someone else) go @ 11:00, im not worried about the tickets.

vader476
MY DAD WONT LET ME!!!!!!!! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
HE WOULDNT LET ME SKIP SCHOOL IF MY MOM WAS DYING IN THE HOSPITAL

theshakl
well...i'm still thinking if i should got at 12... seeing how i have school the next day...

i'm gonna have to change my sleeping schedule and sleep as soon as i get home from school and wake up at around 10:00 p.m and stay awake after that...anyone know if that is healthy?

DeVi| D0do
I stayed awake for 40 hours straight several times during my 7th Form year, either partying beer or doing an assignment I put off till the last minute big grin ...

screw sleep... Red Bull is good for keeping you up all nigt eek!

HateWork
i was in high school when episode one came...and you're damn right i skipped school to get tix.

it almost resulted in failing a class, cuz my picture ended up in the paper and the day i skipped we had a fairly big test. i was obviously busted and i got a big fat zero, then he deducted 20% from everything i had done in that unit.

DARTH STEVIOUS
I am taking the day of work and will be seeing the first showing in the morining my tickets are already booked

Crazy88No.1
I would skip school for Star Wars definetly, no need to think about it smile

The_Noose
Skipping school would be a breeze.....
May 19th is my Wife's Brithday, and she could not care less it comes out on that day.

SithSpy
Im thinking of enrolling in a couple classes just to skip them on may 19th cool

12345m
Originally posted by SithSpy
Im thinking of enrolling in a couple classes just to skip them on may 19th cool
laughing

((The_Anomaly))
school? Im done school for the summer on the 22end of this month! buahhahaha! no school when Eps. III comes out for me big grin

Miss_Faye
Hm...no not really. Wait...wait!!...Yus Yus I would...all for the nacho and popcorn. wink

yo_yoda
i dont need to skip school... my finals end on 5/18/05 the day before the BIG SHOW!!! hahaha

TheElectricFox
LOL school!!! School is a joke!!

Red Superfly
Its very apparent that quite a few from this board (numbers have shot up recently) haven't even attended school, or even know what it is.

I think many of you are safe.

Eleonora
Originally posted by GCG

.....but i would certainly skip the line ! big grin

You sly mother****er!!!

I'm the sort of person who ties herself up to the entrance, you'd never get through me laughing

29Clones
Skip school? I don't even plan on sleeping the night before... Than anticipation will be swelling!

IRON EDDIE 666
Hypothetically speaking?

No, I wouldn't. I'm not that much of a fan boy. wink I can wait till the saturday. And if I had kids, I definately wouldn't allow them to do so.

amity75
Skip school? I'm prepared to quit my job if my boss doesn't give me time off to see it!

mandalorian_war
yeah im skipping

IRON EDDIE 666
I'll go as far as to say that 75-80% of the people who say they will wont actually do it, but they say they will because they dont want to ruin their image. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Eleonora
Ruin their image??? It's not disgraceful for pity's sake!!!

Protector
yes

DeVi| D0do
I wish I was still at school so I could skip it to see this movie rock

Killua
School >?< whats that ?? , havent been attending school for overa year now !

LandoSpeeder2
I'll skip school on the 19'th since I decided to go to the midnight showing. I'll get home around 3:30 A.M. sleep until maybe 12:00 P.M.

K3po
My folks took me out for opening day for each of the OT movies in the late 70's and early 80's.

Julie
no, I would not skip school.....school's over by May 6th:-)

DarthAJ
Julie!!! Holy crap! My school isn't over until June 18th or something. When do you get back in school?

I'm sorry but I would like to stay home but my parents wouldn't allow it. Hey maybe I can go after school! There almost never a line.

Darth Mantis
I'm skipping school May 19th to watch star wars episode III. Then when I get home I'm going to play the game.

ApolloX
Of course ide skip school. But my parents wouldnt let me.

Tarzan277
I would skip the whole school year if I had to just to see this movie!

Alatopel
I would, and probably will!

Darth Luke
i would skip school, my school is very strict though but sometimes my parents let me

LLG
I don't think I would skip school, for it might be very busy. I would probably see it on the weekends or on May 20th afternoon,and May 19th is on a Thursday over here. I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but I would like to see Revenge of the Sith. The other reason I wouldn't skip school, because it's close to summer vacation, and I don't want to be absent near that.

Miss_Faye
skip skool....are you mad!?!?!?

...yus..

SaTsuJiN
lol people would skip life to go see a star wars flick big grin

DeVi| D0do
I am going to enrol in school on the 18th just so I can skip it to go see ROTS! rock

theflyxx
I don't have to skip school.

Smoothcriminal
hell no.. I wouldn't skip school to see a movie, last time I remember me and my old boys went down to best buy we ventured around, played games, looked at stuff, until we were kicked out.

but that was like when.. 99, ohh I miss the good old days.

theshakl
I would but some of my friends won't skip school for that.......or would they..

DeVi| D0do
perhaps you will have to find new ways ot motivate them...

I can't imagine a person not willing to skip school. Everyone has to skip school at least once... it's like a rite of passage.

.:Space Opera:.
i skipped school too many times.....but that doesnt mean ill skip again/take off work/not tell my girlfriend he he he...

GGgrievous725
well considering ive already skipped more days then u could imagine yep probably

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.