Adam Warlock vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Adam Warlock

vs.

Green Lantern
(Hal Jordan)

discuss

no spectre,no parallax

Cosmic Cube
Absorb his soul with the infinity gem, fight over.

Cosmic Cube
Then again...

Hal wins.

the Darkone
Then again...

warlock can blast his ass to oblivion

Sentry
He doesn't even need a gem to enter his soul. He'll perform exorcism of Hal's soul from his body. Hal dies. Warlock wins.

doctorstrongbad
Adam Warlock takes this one. smile

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Sentry
He doesn't even need a gem to enter his soul. He'll perform exorcism of Hal's soul from his body. Hal dies. Warlock wins.

It says he could "possibly" affect it though.

Sentry
Here the rest of his stats:

Add in Warlock's soul affinity powers, it's just the icing on the cake. Hal is just regular GL now. He's not Parallax anymore. He's not Spectre anymore. He doesn't have limitless power anymore. Warlock's in a league slightly above Hal.

Sentry
Hold on. One of the greatest GL fanboys will come in here to do a rebuttal. I predict either eleveninches or The Flash.

kgkg
Gl whould put a good fight.

eleveninches
Guess what???

HAL WINS!!!

guy222
Originally posted by eleveninches
Guess what???

HAL WINS!!!

Soul Gem FTW

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Adam Warlock

actually, in *that* instance Hal could win; "soul capturing/manipulation" is something GLs have done from way back as Kilowog in the 80s, and as recent as Kyle during Obsidian Age. I dont know if he could fight the power of the SG tho......

HJ on avg FTW however.

Tazer

Priest
this would a good match..

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Good match. Warlock wins.

llagrok
I'd have to go with Hal

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok
I'd have to go with Hal

How does Hal overcome the Soul Gem?

DigiMark007
Forget the soul gem guys. Do you know whay Adam is 3-0 against Quasar? Because his karmic blasts messes with a person's "anema centers". In regular terms, it means it messes up their concentration. Similar to a telepathy attack, but no one, to my knowledge, has ever negated its effects....not even other telepaths.

Minus concentration, Hal's a green-suited human. And Warlock is still a guy capable of punking Classic Drax in combat.

A GL has more potential power. But it's a horrible matchup for them.

quanchi112
warlock wins this.

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Forget the soul gem guys. Do you know whay Adam is 3-0 against Quasar? Because his karmic blasts messes with a person's "anema centers". In regular terms, it means it messes up their concentration. Similar to a telepathy attack, but no one, to my knowledge, has ever negated its effects....not even other telepaths.

Minus concentration, Hal's a green-suited human. And Warlock is still a guy capable of punking Classic Drax in combat.

Fanboy!!

stick out tongue.

nvrbeenwthagirl
How was Kyle able to affect the Supernatural angels? The only one if I remember correctly. With any real severity. SHould Hal thus have the same kind of resistance to karmic blast and such?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Soljer
Fanboy!!

stick out tongue.

Not if I back it up!

stick out tongue

Tazer
Yo.

just want to add something that pertains to this: Hal got hit w/something that did this very thing recently in the B&tB -series, and U wanna know wat he did?

he made the Ring duplicate the effect and slam it back at the sender.

now, I dont know how often AW has been struck thusly, but its something to consider I say........

Tazer

Bouboumaster
Hal is on the league of Sups.
Adam is on the league of Thanos

Adam winz.

Soljer
Adam is NOT in Thanos' league. erm.

kevdude
Adam wins. They both have gotten the IG and had the power to go up against LT

King Kandy
Forget the soul gem guys. Do you know whay Adam is 3-0 against Quasar? Because his karmic blasts messes with a person's "anema centers".
I find this line kind of funny considering he needs the soul gem to do a Karmic Blast.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King Kandy
I find this line kind of funny considering he needs the soul gem to do a Karmic Blast.

You sure about that? I thought it was a regular extension of his powers....perhaps as a result of the soul gem bond, but it became intrinsic.

Priest
You sure about that? I thought it was a regular extension of his powers....perhaps as a result of the soul gem bond, but it became intrinsic.
im sure Adam can use soul gem like attacks without using it..
hell he can access the gem without possession of it.

King Kandy
I can garaunty you that Warlock has NEVER done a Karmic blast without the Soul Gem... Not even once.

darthgoober

Actually Thor resisted it when he had the Power Gem, but I'm pretty sure that he's the only one.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

just want to add something that pertains to this: Hal got hit w/something that did this very thing recently in the B&tB -series, and U wanna know wat he did?

he made the Ring duplicate the effect and slam it back at the sender.

now, I dont know how often AW has been struck thusly, but its something to consider I say........

Tazer

Interesting idea. I don't know that anyone has ever tried it. srug Digi, has anyone ever done that?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by King Kandy
I can garaunty you that Warlock has NEVER done a Karmic blast without the Soul Gem... Not even once.

But he's had the soul gem for like 75% of his appearences. It doesn't necessarily mean he needs the gem for the power. Does the blast itself originate specifically because of the gem?

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Interesting idea. I don't know that anyone has ever tried it. srug Digi, has anyone ever done that?

...don't think so. Might be a helluva surprise.

Still, if he can catch Hal flat-footed, Hal's in trouble because he's just human. Warlock isn't a brawl-first type of guy. He'll search for weaknesses, and he's never an easy target. Even if Hal stuns Warlock, he's still a being that has gone toe-to-toe with the likes of Thor and Drax.

Like I said, potential power is squarely with Hal. No doubt about that. But karmic blast or not, Warlock should take the majority...either slight or great majority depending on the circumstances and effect of the karmic stuff (if he can do it without the gem).

tjcoady
didnt' he do use a karmic blast in his first appearance as Him? I think he could do it without the gem. plus, it's not like he needs to have the gem in his possesion. he is still the master of souls.

warlock for the win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Hal is on the league of Sups.
Adam is on the league of Thanos

Adam winz. thanos respects warlock but in a physical confrontation thanos would crush him.

Estacado
Hal Ftw.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by tjcoady
didnt' he do use a karmic blast in his first appearance as Him? I think he could do it without the gem. plus, it's not like he needs to have the gem in his possesion. he is still the master of souls.

warlock for the win.

Yes HIM did use it... Adam is capable of using a karmic blast w/o the soul gem...The soul gem is actually acts as an amplifier for Adam's own inner powers... It enhances his abilities... That's what makes Adam's use of the gems so unique and powerful (the soul gem specifically).

wink

FTW the Lock for the win

Estacado
I never knew that Greg Valentino was interested in comics....haermm

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Estacado
I never knew that Greg Valentino was interested in comics....haermm

confused

Who's Greg Valentino?

Estacado
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Who's Greg Valentino?
crylaugh

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Estacado
crylaugh

eek!

I remember that lol, good one...

He's dead btw.

sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.