Episode III for Overseas Troops Petition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
From TF.Net:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/Episode_III_for_Overseas_Troops_90989.asp

To: Lucasfilm
With the worldwide release of Star Wars Ep. III The Return of the Sith approaching, there is a group of people who should not be left out. Our US Troops serving overseas in various branches of the military. Many may be in areas where it is impossible to see a movie, but there are just as many who are serving at bases with their own theater. Usually the movies shown at these theaters have been out for several months before they get it. I think that for a movie as monumental as the final Star Wars that special arrangements should be made by Lucasfilm to ensure that our troops get to see the movie as close to the same time as everyone else.

This subject is close to me because I recently learned that a dear friend of mine will be deployed just before the release. He is a big Star Wars fan and had planned to take leave and camp out with me for tickets in costume. However all of those plans for him are gone. He will be overseas serving at a military base when the film is released. It is possible that he might be back from his tour of service before the base could even get the movie. This would prevent him from even getting to see it on a large screen. I would love for him to get there and find out that he will be able to see the movie that he has looked forward to for years. To see a bit of the familiar while far from home is always a boost for moral. He has told me of several friends he has made in the Air Force who are also fans and will be deployed the same time.

I hope that you to feel that something should be done to allow our troops serving overseas to watch the next and final Star Wars movie. Please show your support for our troops.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so yeah, sign the petition. whether or not you agree with this war, those troops deserve the same SW goodness. if WWE can set up whole damm wrestling show there, then GL can easily throw some cash at this and make them happy for at least 2hours and 20minutes.

i get the feeling lucas would do this anyway, but lets tug at his heart strings just to be safe smile

here's the link to the petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/swtroops/petition.html

smoker4
Ok ive signed, i totally agree with this, i hope youve not tricked me into enlisting again pvs smokin'

ArthasKnight
I signed too, sounds like a good idea to me.

jedijunky1138
Thanks PVS!

JKozzy
Too true, they deserve something for being over there.

bill9d9
Hmmm......

We got movies pretty close to the release date when I was deployed. Wonder if they (deployed troops) are expecting problems with ROTS?

lucasfilm
ROFL!

Darth Subjekt
As a supporter of my former brethren in arms, i signed. We didnt get to see alot of movies when i was deployed. Mainly cause my chain of command were/are peices of shit. THANKS PVS!

mephistodesigns
And then the troops can see how similar the Patriot Act and Liberation of Iraq are to the Chancellor's Emergency powers and B.S. Clone War and how it all leads to the rise of an Empire...

I'm sorry, I'll shut up about that, sorry.

I'll sign, cuz I still want all star wars fans to get to see this movie no matter their background/profession/political beliefs... big grin

jango fatt
RETURN of the Sith???????

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by jango fatt
RETURN of the Sith???????

what? confused

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I'm serving in the Dutch Army....I'm a Die Hard Y'don't wanna **ck with Me Stormtrooper who's almost done his term in Bosnia.
So I perfectly understand for all the soldiers who are going to serve a term in another country now(be it Iraq, Afganistan or Bosnia), they have to see the Mother of all Movies!!!!
(P.s Smoker, you have to enlist again..mhuhawhawhaw wink smokin' ).

Greetings to all my fellow Troopers,
You do your country proud!!!
Rock on.....peace

J.M

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I'm glad I'm gonna be home at the 3rd of may!
19th of may....The Journey endsss!!!
20th of may...a new life begins> I'm gonna get married!!!!!!

Sign the petition y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PVS
Originally posted by lucasfilm
ROFL!

confused maybe my sense of humor is dull today, so you must explain what is so funny...???

Originally posted by mephistodesigns
And then the troops can see how similar the Patriot Act and Liberation of Iraq are to the Chancellor's Emergency powers and B.S. Clone War and how it all leads to the rise of an Empire...

believe me, i thought the same thing, but may as well not politicise this thread or it will be shut down.

and why is everyone thanking ME!?!?!?
all i did was post a link stick out tongue
thank YOU for signing it big grin

and smoke, thank you for volunteering!!! remember, the bus leaves tomorrow at 5a.m. SHARP, so be there or you'll be officially a.w.o.l. stick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue

smoker4
Originally posted by PVS
confused maybe my sense of humor is dull today, so you must explain what is so funny...???

believe me, i thought the same thing, but may as well not politicise this thread or it will be shut down.

and why is everyone thanking ME!?!?!?
all i did was post a link stick out tongue
thank YOU for signing it big grin

and smoke, thank you for volunteering!!! remember, the bus leaves tomorrow at 5a.m. SHARP, so be there or you'll be officially a.w.o.l. stick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue

Damn not again no expression http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/tank.gif

LightSaber_Part
Thanks for posting PVS.

Julie
okay I've signed....oooraah and all that.
I had considered going into the USMC but my knees aren't cooperating. Anyways, they should get to see it...

XX Emperor XX
****Signed****

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by PVS

that's why I promised to shut up after briefly saying my piece... and me promising to shut up...well, that's just about the craziest thing I've ever done! laughing

SithSpy
bump so more ppl see it

bilb
Signed.. and we are thanking you for coming up with a bloody brilliant idea and doing something to support our guys & gals overseas.. It never would have crossed my mind to do it but I think its a fantastic idea!

PVS
i hope you're not thanking me.
someone connected to TF.N typed up that petition and
they posted it there. i just figured alot of people might accidentally miss
it, since their news is updated so rapidly.

bilb
Yes I would have missed it, so THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT HERE!! Is that better? stick out tongue

PVS
yes stick out tongue

SithSpy
Same thing i said spreading the word is just as valuable sa creating it yourself, and anything we can do to thank the men and women of all the nations protecting our freedom with their lives, should be done so yes we are thanking you PVS for letting us know about this wink

PVS
ok fine

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!

stick out tongue

smoker4
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/smoker4/noob4.png

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

PVS
blink confused sad crybaby

wink

SithSpy
Jesus I mean do you have a picture for everything Smoke?? every time something new hehe

smoker4
laughing out loud I'm the human search engine

ShotgunWes
I just found out today that my best friends dad was shot 5 times in Iraq. He was shot twice in the chest, once in the hip, and twice in his right leg. He's at a hospital in Maryland right now. I think it's past time that our troops in Iraq come home. It astounded me that his dad was still alive. Of course he has always been a really tough guy. (He's a cop)

SithSpy
Im in MD, He must be at Walter Reed Medical center, and im sorry to hear that

Anakin2Vader
signed....

this is a great idea... not a huge WWE fan but when I saw their shows from Iraq I thought it was awesome... the troops were having a blast and they were not thinking about war... for a few hours at least

peluffo
USA invades a country, and now invades a theater on that country.

I'd like to sign for food to the people of the invaded countries, not for banal entertainment for the invader army.

The world is larger than USA

smoker4
Originally posted by peluffo

I'd like to sign for food to the people of the invaded countries, not for banal entertainment for the invader army.

http://www.magicmakers.com/retail/clown%20stuff/shoesblueyellow.jpg

SithSpy
righttttttt......your obviously well educated on the facts.....oh wait no your not your talking like one of the people that hears other people say it and then says the same thing, I belive this was a postive thread before you stepped in so why dont you step back out and leave it be

In addition my man smokers got it right!! 'nuff said

PVS

who ever said noboby cared about the people of iraq, or any other part of the world?
this is just a SINGLE petition for a SINGLE topic related to episode 3.
how dare you try to browbeat everyone with your bullshit.

this is a new low for you

lil bitchiness
This is a star wars forum - if you wanna talk about politics, use General Discussion forum - there are plenty of threads there.

Thank you.

PVS
whistle *bump* whistle

mephistodesigns

We shouldn't bash this guy just for having an opinion, even being a member of the states (a blue one, thank the force) I'm inclined to agree with him. Peluffo--post a link for a petition for which you speak and I'll sign that one too. Everyone else--What's wrong with adding MORE positive action to this already positive thread? The people of Iraq do need more help. The US did miss its first 16 targets of LARGE MISSLE ATTACKS, that means a bunch of families, kids, parents, schools, pets, hospitals, etc all got blown to crap. I'd be more than happy to sign a petition to add more aid if Peluffo can find one. We're a big forum, so we have a lot of voices, and those voices can do a lot of good...so instead of hating on him for speaking up, I encourage him to find such a petition and post it. We'll just have a positive petition thread. Like a charity thread, so the MANY people on these boards can do something positive for the rest of the world while enjoying Star Wars. Can't be anything wrong with that...it's a pretty Jedi thing to do if you ask me (at the risk of sounding astoundingly nerdy).

LanİeWindu™
Like Milla said, keep politics out of this forum...strictly Episode III please. I will close this thread if any more of this nonsense continues.

mephistodesigns
Well what's wrong with a STAR WARS FANS FOR MAKING THE WORLD BETTER thread? maybe just move it to the EU forum so as not to get in the way of Episode III only topics?

This is actually a good idea Lance. There's lots of people on here, we could do some good. Saving whales and the like...

no?

LanİeWindu™
No...laughing out loud

I don't mind the petitions or what not.

Just keep the political talk about the war out of this, there's other places to discuss this. General Discussion comes to mind.

mephistodesigns
Well, it doesn't have to be about the war. I'd prefer it not be actually. I'm more for saving endangered species and sending food to starving people. Neither of which have I yet to find someone who will verbally denounce these two charities...

LanİeWindu™
Go to GDF and post a thread then, I'm all for it! Just not in Episode III.

mephistodesigns
all right....there's just so many people in HERE that don't go to GDF...

...wait a minute! you WANT animals to become extinct! Don't you Lance! Don't deny it!! wink laughing

LanİeWindu™
I admit I hate all living things.

mephistodesigns
Happy Dance yes I knew it!

darthvinss
20th of may...a new life begins> I'm gonna get married!!!!!!

Sign the petition y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good choice !! i was married on may, 19th 4 years ago and enjoy more and more my wife and baby Happy Dance

signed the petition for all troops !

PVS

LanİeWindu™
I hate the Force too apparently confused

PVS
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! crybaby

SithSpy
The dark side of political commentary has clouded Lance's mind, listen not to what he says, for he means it not

PVS
twisted by the darkside lancewindu has become stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
I haven't seen this petition but, as its not the troop's fault they were sent IMHO, I'd sign it... Many people of serving age are bound to be SW fans and they shouldn't be penalised regardless of whatever mission they're on... And what about those who might not make it back home... Fighting I could handle.. But dying without seeing ROTS... man. That'd be too much... The ones taking it too far with all the torture though, they should not only not be allowed to see it, but must watch endless loops of
a special version of it with only Jar-Jar in a big white room talking endlessly to the viewer in the style of "the architect" form the Matrix...
Just two hours of incredulous babble...

SithSpy
well said my friend, very well said

DenKi
I've signed but these petitions never win

PVS
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
a special version of it with only Jar-Jar in a big white room talking endlessly to the viewer in the style of "the architect" form the Matrix...
Just two hours of incredulous babble...

you sadistic freak!!!
did you're evil mind conjure that up!?!?!? stick out tongue

DenKi
lol its 2703 total now, you need atleast 100,000 before you even send it to lucas and they will look.

SithSpy
so torture the tortureer's is what your saying

PVS
Originally posted by DenKi
I've signed but these petitions never win

for the most part you are correct DenKi.
however this isnt some petition to change a law or
alter world events. i will agree that such petitions
are a waste of time. however, this particular petition
will not be sent to some governor, congress or any other
apathetic party...its going to LFL, and im sure ol' george will
at least be notified about it. the more signatures there are,
the more he will see that people want this to happen.

Sadako of Girth
"you sadistic freak!!!
did you're evil mind conjure that up!?!?!? stick out tongue "

Yup... Oh the Matrix scars and the Jar-Jar burns... It had to have an effect on me eventually..... laughing

"so torture the tortureer's is what your saying"

Yup... Instant karma.... A form of Gungan water torture that even the most hardened Man or Woman would not be able to take... wink

SithSpy
i could just see those poor guys going back into the field after that, in the middle of a fire fight screaming "usen da boomer---USEN DA BOOMER!!!

Sadako of Girth
ROFLMAO....!!! I already suspect that "Wipe them out... All of them" will have been used a few times referring to insurgency...

Seriously though I've just seen the link to the petition (Which if you are joining us late in this thread) is on the first post, first page and have signed it too...

PVS
*bump*

PatStarrunner
Myself. being a servicemember(Army), I have to say I will sign this petition, but I also have to say that the petition is kinda useless...it is almost a guarentee that Episode III will make its way to Afghanistan and Iraq(where I will be headed in August) through AAFES(Army and Air Force Exchange Service) or MWR(Morale, Welfare and Recreation)...it usually takes a couple of months, but it eventually will get there...And bringing Episode III to deployed troops should be a big morale booster, right?

PVS
this is more like asking LFL for the favor of making sure they can see it when we see it. its a huge film and im sure so many people over there would LOOOOOOOVE to see it when it comes out.

PatStarrunner
Originally posted by mephistodesigns

I'm sorry, I'll shut up about that, sorry.

I'll sign, cuz I still want all star wars fans to get to see this movie no matter their background/profession/political beliefs... big grin

I totally agree with your viewpoint there, mephisto...In my eye, Bush = Palpatine, Iraq War = Clone War and the United States will soon become the Empire of America...

PVS
every liberal is now an enemy of the republic

doooooo what must be done!

btw im thinking of asking a mod to move this to GD
more people will see it, and everyone can lose the muzzles.

mephistodesigns

PVS
lol

LanİeWindu™
This topic was made not to be political...if you want to talk politics then go to the GDF, there's plenty of Bush hating threads.

For now this thread will stay in Episode III since it has the most relevance here.

mephistodesigns
I was kidding lance, I do have a modicom of self restraint....except when it comes to buying Star Wars stuff...DAMN YOU APRIL 2ND!!!!!

LanİeWindu™
I'm not telling this to anyone in particular. This thread has gone down the dark path, hopefully it will not forever dominate it's destiny.

bilb
*bump*

PVS
*bump* again stick out tongue

Cheesiness
I'm not signing because I support the justified resistance of the Freedom fighters against U.S. foreign occupation.

smoker4
Words fail me!

bilb
Originally posted by Cheesiness
I'm not signing because I support the justified resistance of the Freedom fighters against U.S. foreign occupation.

no expression no expression

Thats a lovely sentiment

PVS
Originally posted by Cheesiness

we were all told NOT to politicise this thread.
since you are not special, and are trolling, i have reported you.
have a nice day smile

Cheesiness
Originally posted by PVS
we were all told NOT to politicise this thread.
since you are not special, and are trolling, i have reported you.
have a nice day smile

How am I trolling?

LanİeWindu™
Closing on account of thread becoming too political.

If you want politics please go to the General Discussion Forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.