who reads....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason420
who here reads the spawn comic books?

LeAtHerRFace
I dont really like Spawn. But his movie was pretty awesome.

Spawnie
I do, look at my nickname, lol. What do u wanna know? Don't ask me about the latest issues cuz I can't get to them yet, the Italian company is reconsiderring their contract, damn them and the cruel world.
Anyhow, I'll be glad to answer questions if u have them.

Maelstrom
Spawn was good from the beggining. I collected the first 15, but they said they were gonna turn him into a deadpool. I liked his powers and Mcfarlane wos the hottest artist of his time.

malkavian
yeah Spawn was cool in the beginning but i kinda outgrow him
Still waiting after Spawn 2 tho, First movie was so kewl

Spawnie
The plot wasn't even that developed yet in the first 15 numbers sad. I hope u read Blood Feud, that was really something. I'm missing the last 2 numbers from that series sad (ultra bummer). I read Spawn from the first 6 collection series and continued to collect them. Now the comic has reached a point of stall in the story. I have no word about the second movie, don't ask me about it cuz I'm pissed that they haven't done anything about it yet.

U can enjoy Spawn in his first 100 issues, after that it is up to u to decide if it's worth to keep on reading.

Story about Angela (separate one piece comic) very nice, and also about Violator (3 comics, very nice, about violator and his other 3 brothers), Sam and Twitch (wow, they have a crazy story, and some case they worked on, oh man u have to read that one)

I even like Hellspawn, very different drawing and coloring. (dirty and artistic)
MedevilSpawn has also had great stories, look up the one about Urizen (that story is so cool)

I can't remember it all so this will be all for now. Actually up untill now I haven't realized how much I have read about this character, lol.

Maelstrom
Todd changed the face of the comic industry, he did more for comics than the entire industry of Marvel or D.C. could ever dream of doing. From character intrest to art perfection. The stroys that he, Jim Lee and Rob Liefield created and the way you could follow the characters eyes as they interacted were the best comics i have ever witnessed. They're story-line is what brought us Bishop.

Spawnie
Wow, I didn't think that anyone felt that way except me, lol. That is why I mentioned those titles, it's a load of fun stories and macabre allies and villains. I do have to say that u will encounter some sick stories not adapted for children of minor age.

Jason420
what issues is the billy kincaid story in cause I want those

Spawnie
Read the first 5 issues, and u will find Billy. Or Collection n.1
Or u can watch the animated series, and u can find Billy there also in a more graphic version smile. I think it was in the first season.
And u made me take out lots of comics cuz of this :P.

Jason420
Your welcome

Spawnie
I have a story for ya:

The story is about Abediel. The first angel made by God.

I think u can find this one in Curse of the Spawn series (not too sure)

The story starts in a bar in Limbo when a newbie comes in and starts to ask questions. The bartender is about to tell him the story about the armour that he keeps above the bar (a golden chestplate). The armour belonged to Abediel. The last he wore it was just before he was sent on a secret mission, to infiltrate Malebolgias army ranks and wait for Al Simmons to arrive. He was told that Al was somehow very important to God and his plan. The main target was Malebolgia, he was to be killed just as Al came to hell. Abediel accepted, he always did the word of God without questioning. To make it realistic he had to be cast out of heaven officially. So they deprived him of his armour and his angel wings. Just before he went he requested for the armour to give it to someone for safekeeping. Hence the armour above the bar. And off he goes to hell. As a new arrival in hell he is allready thought of as food, so the angel retaliates with his sword of godly fire, and decimates 100 of demons just in a few seconds. With this display of power and the shouting of the name of Malebolgia he attracts the attention of the same. Malebolgia sets him the rank of chief lawinforcer in hell. Well he became his right arm man. Just when the preparations for Al's arrival were in place he was expecting the "go" from his superiors in heaven. Al came, and he already during his stay in hell had made up more then 1800 ways to kill Malebolgia, but the "go" from heaven never came. Instead he was recalled in heaven and they told him that he had to abort the mission and let Al become a HellSpawn, that was Gods will, and also the part of his new plan. Abediel was furious and told the clerk to stuff himself and their burocracy. He returned to hell and in the intent to kill Malebolgia, he was hearing malebolgia saying something. Well, inn a span of random well aimed words malebolgia was corrupting Abediel. Malebolgia was aiming at Abediel's faith in God's bidding, how was he sure that that were his orders? God used to tell him that in person, and now it's all burocracy. Oh well, that was enough for Abediel to go back to heaven storming through the big bosses door, and so he asked: "Am I doing your will?" There was a big "NO" after that, and so the angel got banned from heaven in an instant. Malebolgia was there to greet him with a smile.

U like? smile Abediel is still in hell and he bares the mark of Malebolgia on his chest, just like Al. The godly armour is still in the bar and Abediel still visits and comes to chat with the bartender. smile

I hope u will have the pleasure to read this first hand, cuz this is one of the stories that I have come to love. It just puts a smile on my face.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.