Kids Today

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



mouth
This generation of kids are screwed up.. they're tottally missing out on childhood now that all these new technologies are comming out.. my sister, who's 9, is overweight because of the computer and TV and her Xbox, she rarely gets outside to play..
man i remember when i was her age i was ALWAYS outside playing with the neightbourhood kids, having waterfights, riding our bikes, swimmin in the ol' swimmin hole, building treehouses till it got dark and our parents called us in.. my older sister, my brother and I grew up with one black & white TV and we were aloud to watch only our favorite program a day, never aloud to watch hours apon hours like kids do today..

kids today have terrible attitudes, not all, but most.. i always see little boys at least 7-10 walking the streets without any parents, doing whatever they please.. and the mouths on them!! they're easily influenced at that age and most of it comes from TV / radio.

parents are not educating thier kids like they should, they never have enough time to spend, or they just don't care, so they place them infront of the TV all day.. (i had to babysit 2 kids the other day and i almost cried when they said they never heard who The Beatles were, or who Bob Marley was, and what was Woodstock!!)

when i have kids, i'm going to educate them about our past, our roots.. raise them up listening to hendrix, zeppelin, the beatles, beachboys, marley etc.. have just one TV, and only allow them to watch thier favorite shows, then they're outside!!

media/technology is part of what's creating our demise as humans, instead of making things better ( BUT, there are some benefits).. things were so much more simpler, yet healthier 30, 40 years ago, why couldn't we have stopped then?

Raven Guardia
how old are you ?messed

RaventheOnly
hysterical I remember the good old water fights happy but i never knew half the stuff you did apparently no expression how old are ya? laughing out loud

Raven Guardia
I agree about the music part mouth....Kids these days listen to trash. what ever happened to the good music ya know? it left with the late 80's early 90's I guess

prod_
hey...I like nowdays music...it isgood...

Greenday and Linkin Park and blink182...

I wasnt born in US...so I didnt even used to watch ANY tv until i moved to US when I was 9...now i'm 16...

mouth
i'm 19,
20 in may
my parents were/are hippies.. they taught me & my brother and sister everything about the 60's, raised us that way

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by prod_
hey...I like nowdays music...it isgood...

Greenday and Linkin Park and blink182...

I wasnt born in US...so I didnt even used to watch ANY tv until i moved to US when I was 9...now i'm 16...

I didnt say all music was bad....But look Nysnc...Back Street boys, Britney spears, Jessica Simpson....all that pop bubble gum crap messed they suck.

mouth > My dad was a hippie too, so I know some things but not a whole lot sad

prod_
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
I didnt say all music was bad....But look Nysnc...Back Street boys, Britney spears, Jessica Simpson....all that pop bubble gum crap messed they suck.

mouth > My dad was a hippie too, so I know some things but not a whole lot sad

I agree...NSYNC...and all the others u mentioned...I dont listen to that... wink

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by prod_
I agree...NSYNC...and all the others u mentioned...I dont listen to that... wink

happy laughing out loud

moises
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
I didnt say all music was bad....But look Nysnc...Back Street boys, Britney spears, Jessica Simpson....all that pop bubble gum crap messed they suck.

mouth > My dad was a hippie too, so I know some things but not a whole lot sad lol. Nysnc or Nstinks

ChickinMeat
heh, i remember back in england, i got bottled and beaten by some kids in a park, they must have been 14/15, but when theres 10 of them you cant really do much.

i remmeber when i was 14/15, i wouldnt even dare start on someone, not that id want to. now they do it all the time, like god damnit.

I think its increased my paranoia, damn them medling kids!

Because adults are soooooooooooo perfect roll eyes (sarcastic)

My oldest brother's 23 going on 12.

Pandemoniac
Hell yeah! Todays parental behaviour and the way they set up entertainment technology as a replacement of them self and their responsibilities is leading the new generations straight to mischief.

I totally agree with Mouth, when I was a kid I was outside all day long doing just that sort of stuff. We never really bothered anyone, never irritated on purpose, weren't bothered with overweight cause we bicycle-raced off every fries we ate. It didn't even come to our minds to fuk shit up, we had to much cool games to do.
Making up your own games and entertainment stimulates creativity, develops your physical motoristics and makes you a more social person.
Kids nowadays are being contained at home to be enslaved by playstations and crappy cartoons, and when they do get out of the house they cause as much mischief as possible just because mommy and daddy never made it clear how much cooler it can be to just get along and have fun with other people....
They estrange form the real world, which leads to an even greater shock and more inappropriate behaviour when they finally can't get around that real world...

Korri
i hate kids! mad

thundercracker
ha hes sayin tv is a negitive influence and his sigs homer simpson

Imaginary
Quit making assumpstions about peoples genders, mouth is female roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corran
Originally posted by Korri
i hate kids! mad Even my little angels?

Korri
i have too many of them cry

i should totally give this job up, and i would if i didnt like it so much flirt1

thundercracker
Originally posted by Imaginary
Quit making assumpstions about peoples genders, mouth is female roll eyes (sarcastic)

ok then SHE is critisistin tv an SHE has homer on HER sig ... better?

IceWithin
Originally posted by mouth
This generation of kids are screwed up.. they're tottally missing out on childhood now that all these new technologies are comming out.. my sister, who's 9, is overweight because of the computer and TV and her Xbox, she rarely gets outside to play..
man i remember when i was her age i was ALWAYS outside playing with the neightbourhood kids, having waterfights, riding our bikes, swimmin in the ol' swimmin hole, building treehouses till it got dark and our parents called us in.. my older sister, my brother and I grew up with one black & white TV and we were aloud to watch only our favorite program a day, never aloud to watch hours apon hours like kids do today..

kids today have terrible attitudes, not all, but most.. i always see little boys at least 7-10 walking the streets without any parents, doing whatever they please.. and the mouths on them!! they're easily influenced at that age and most of it comes from TV / radio.

parents are not educating thier kids like they should, they never have enough time to spend, or they just don't care, so they place them infront of the TV all day.. (i had to babysit 2 kids the other day and i almost cried when they said they never heard who The Beatles were, or who Bob Marley was, and what was Woodstock!!)

when i have kids, i'm going to educate them about our past, our roots.. raise them up listening to hendrix, zeppelin, the beatles, beachboys, marley etc.. have just one TV, and only allow them to watch thier favorite shows, then they're outside!!

media/technology is part of what's creating our demise as humans, instead of making things better ( BUT, there are some benefits).. things were so much more simpler, yet healthier 30, 40 years ago, why couldn't we have stopped then?

confused I hate ppl that say stuff like this erm

Korri
You dont like the truth? happy

Wolflet
"yes i love technology, but not as much as you you see, but STILL i love technology" eek!

IceWithin
no... Im ok wiht the truth I simply hate my grandad stick out tongue

misha
Originally posted by mouth
kids today have terrible attitudes, not all, but most.. i always see little boys at least 7-10 walking the streets without any parents, doing whatever they please.. and the mouths on them!! they're easily influenced at that age and most of it comes from TV / radio.

i know exactly what you mean - i know im still a kid i guess, but the year 8's who catch my bus are so rude!
one time there were three of them, one sitting on one side (call him a) of the bus, another on the other side (call him b), and the other in the middle (call him c).
a said to c "what are you doing?"
c said to a "playing a game."
a said to c "what kind of game?"
c said to a "f*ck off!"
a said to b "can you tell c that i ****ing hate him"
so b told c.
c said to b "can you tell a his mum is a f*cking **** and i f*cked her"

the conversation went on and i was totally shocked!

this other time there were two year 8's ... one with a camera phone. the guy without it said "as we go past people, ill stick my finger up at them while you take photos of their expressions!" and they both laughed their asses off!

then this other time some year 8 guys were throwing a paper aeroplane around on the bus and it eventually hit my friend, and she screwed it up. then all the guys were like "oh you **** what did you do that for?"
unlucky for them, im one of those people who stand up for their friends so i just said "guys dont be so f*cking rude!"

hmph schmoll

Arsenal
If I had kids and I needed them disciplined, I would take all their clothes off, cover them with honey and send them to the Neverland Ranch.

misha
that would have to be some form of pedophilia or child abust or something!?

SlipknoT
Originally posted by mouth
This generation of kids are screwed up.. they're tottally missing out on childhood now that all these new technologies are comming out.. my sister, who's 9, is overweight because of the computer and TV and her Xbox, she rarely gets outside to play..
man i remember when i was her age i was ALWAYS outside playing with the neightbourhood kids, having waterfights, riding our bikes, swimmin in the ol' swimmin hole, building treehouses till it got dark and our parents called us in.. my older sister, my brother and I grew up with one black & white TV and we were aloud to watch only our favorite program a day, never aloud to watch hours apon hours like kids do today..

kids today have terrible attitudes, not all, but most.. i always see little boys at least 7-10 walking the streets without any parents, doing whatever they please.. and the mouths on them!! they're easily influenced at that age and most of it comes from TV / radio.

parents are not educating thier kids like they should, they never have enough time to spend, or they just don't care, so they place them infront of the TV all day.. (i had to babysit 2 kids the other day and i almost cried when they said they never heard who The Beatles were, or who Bob Marley was, and what was Woodstock!!)

when i have kids, i'm going to educate them about our past, our roots.. raise them up listening to hendrix, zeppelin, the beatles, beachboys, marley etc.. have just one TV, and only allow them to watch thier favorite shows, then they're outside!!

media/technology is part of what's creating our demise as humans, instead of making things better ( BUT, there are some benefits).. things were so much more simpler, yet healthier 30, 40 years ago, why couldn't we have stopped then? You must have had a horrible life sad

mouth
thundercracker - i'm a woman.. and the only tv show i watch is the simpsons / family guy.. the rest is crap

slipknot - at least i can say 50 years from now that i actaully lived childhood and have many memories i can share with my kids and their kids..

how could anyone not like kids? little kids i mean.. the one's 2-5.. they're so innocent and pure, not touched by society.. i wish we could all stay that honest

SlipknoT
Originally posted by mouth
slipknot - at least i can say 50 years from now that i actaully lived childhood and have many memories i can share with my kids and their kids..

how could anyone not like kids? little kids i mean.. the one's 2-5.. they're so innocent and pure, not touched by society.. i wish we could all stay that honest I hate kids. Well Im sure the kids of this generation are enjoying themselves and making memories

Kids can be a bunch of little shits.

Me and my brother were walking back from the super market and these eleven year-olds walked by us and called me a tramp.

My brother grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and made him apologise.

Then he intercept kicked him! rock

I don't take shit from little smart-ass punks.

SlipknoT
Your brother Strangled an 11 year old?

punkkaveman
damn kids.......

Originally posted by SlipknoT
Your brother Strangled an 11 year old?

My brother has problems erm

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

punkkaveman
kind of violent Happy Dance devil rock

LanİeWindu™
I got addicted to the internet and video games...I suck.

I used to like going outside and playing.

It's true, my brother does have problems.

So do I.

One day, I stole a loaf of bread, put it in the freezer until it was very hard, and then robbed a bank with it!

punkkaveman
Originally posted by [email protected]
It's true, my brother does have problems.

So do I.

One day, I stole a loaf of bread, put it in the freezer until it was very hard, and then robbed a bank with it!


maybe its not the kids but crazy parents....

Alpha Centauri
They're not missing out on childhood. Just not indulging in the same childhood as you did.

Time passes and things change, as they have a habit of doing somewhat regularly.

-AC

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They're not missing out on childhood. Just not indulging in the same childhood as you did.

I totally agree.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Korri
You dont like the truth? happy

No he can't handle the truth!JM laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.