Fav. Trilogy Finale?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

barand1
We all like trilogies, but which is your favorite 'third part' in a trilogy from the following:

The Godfather part III
Robocop 3
Die Hard: With A Vengeance
Jurassic Park III
Indiana Jones and the last Crusade
Matrix Revolutions
Hannibal
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

You can add any other you like which i have missed out

Thanks

barand1
Oh and you may choose from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of The Jedi or Lord of the Rings: ROTK.

Don't know how i missed these movies out!?!

Myth
Judging from the list, I'd say that he means true sequels unlike LOTR.

You forgot Austin Powers 3 on that list.

wuTa
diehard and austin powers arent trilogies, they;re making another die hard, and i'm pretty sure there is gonna be another austin powers

DeVi| D0do
Wasn't Hannibal the 2nd one?

Return of the Jedi is my pick!

botankus
Die Hard with a Vengeance

barand1
Hannibal is considered the third movie.

Red Dragon
The silence of the lambs
Hannibal

ickeris2003
Return of The Jedi And The Return of The King are my favorites! rock

jaden101
return of the jedi...

barand1
i would have to say:

The Godfather Part III
Jurassic Park III
Hannibal
Terminator 3
Return of the Jedi
Return of the King

My personal best though is Terminator 3 (i'm a Terminator freak!)

botankus
Originally posted by barand1
Hannibal is considered the third movie.

Red Dragon
The silence of the lambs
Hannibal

Actually, the order is:

Manhunter
The Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal

Darth Jello
is it too early to say Revenge of the Sith? cause, Godfather III was crap.

pr1983
Return of the jedi... Vader renouncing the dark side, lukes triumph, the galaxy saved and so on...

TheFanboy
Indiana Jones was awesome with the riding off into the sunset.

Hoping Revenge of the Sith lives up to the hype.

Cinemaddiction
Goldmember, ROTK, and ROTJ by default.

Myth
Originally posted by wuTa
diehard and austin powers arent trilogies, they;re making another die hard, and i'm pretty sure there is gonna be another austin powers

How is Austin Powers not a trilogy? Last I heard, they aren't making a 4th. It seems that they were pretty confident with how they wrapped everything up. Although, they have talked about a 4th, at this point, it is not suppose to happen anymore.

SnakeEyes
ROTK, ROTJ, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

wuTa
Originally posted by Myth
How is Austin Powers not a trilogy? Last I heard, they aren't making a 4th. It seems that they were pretty confident with how they wrapped everything up. Although, they have talked about a 4th, at this point, it is not suppose to happen anymore.

as of right now its a trilogy, but i bet theres at least 2 more with in the next ten years...but thats just pure acquisations on my part...plus like you said they have talked about a 4th so that door is not shut

baracustastic
Indy is a clear winner
the Good the Bad and the Ugly is second
Return of the Jedi 3rd

Myth
There is 3 Good the Bad and the Ugly movies?
There is a fifth Hannibal movie being made just so everybody knows. wink
Wuta- Then how come everybody still refers to the Star Wars trilogy? Wouldn't it no longer be a trilogy?

What about American Pie? Scratch that one.

Cinemaddiction
There is 3 Good the Bad and the Ugly movies?

Leone's "Dollar" Trilogy. Ob-ser-uhve.

A Fistfull of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More..
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Hell, I hate Westerns and even I knew that...lol. As for Star Wars, there are 2 trilogies to speak of. The "Saga" is just those films as a collective. There's no true comparison.

Myth
I had no idea that Fistfull of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More were considered connected to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Jackie Malfoy
The god father three sucked so that is out.I like the star wars finale and lord of the rings and that is abot it.JM

Red Superfly
Return Of The Jedi and Lord Of The Rings, Return Of The King.

I don't count the Prequel Trilogy of Star Wars unless I'm a) drugged, b) blackmailed or c) George Lucas. The six episodes arent a "saga". They are two trilogies. Lucas can pretend they are a "saga", but in fact they are two Trilogies. Some fans don't even acknowledge the new ones at all.

The Original Star Wars Tilogy is the best trilogy ever.

Mr Parker
I cant believe so many people are picking Return Of the Jedi,that movie is regarded by so many as a dissapointment unlike A New Hope and Empire.Indiana Jones and the last Crusade gets my vote-please Harrison Ford I plead with you not to make another one,leave it at that or you will lose your credibility.

Mr Parker
I had no idea that Fistfull of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More were considered connected to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

well now you know. big grin

botankus
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Indiana Jones and the last Crusade gets my vote-please Harrison Ford I plead with you not to make another one

What, no upcoming Spiderman 3 as your vote?

Mr Parker
Are you on something? that movie hasnt even started production yet? roll eyes (sarcastic)

botankus
...And thank you for stating the obvious and letting me know that you don't get cynicism very well.

Mr Parker
No I knew it was cynicism.Im just pointing out how thats a stupid statement to be making,thats something you should have used a PM for.

botankus
Ah...the moment has passed. And I'll bet you didn't even know cynicism was a word until 10:08 this morning.

WindDancer

They are only connected because of the main character. The good, the bad, and the Ugly are the prequel to Fistful of dollars and For a few dollars more. Eastwood character changes his name from Joe to Monco. In the prequel we find out how Joe got his trademark poncho. Which later appears in the other two movies. Also Lee Van Cleef plays two different characters. The guns also indicated (historically) that the events take place years after the Civil War which is used as the background for The good, the bad and the ugly.

immortal_sim
its not on there but i like blade 3!!!!!!!

T.M
good joke with Matrix Revolutions btw barand1 u cant be serious that was awful.

Myth
Originally posted by WindDancer
They are only connected because of the main character. The good, the bad, and the Ugly are the prequel to Fistful of dollars and For a few dollars more. Eastwood character changes his name from Joe to Monco. In the prequel we find out how Joe got his trademark poncho. Which later appears in the other two movies. Also Lee Van Cleef plays two different characters. The guns also indicated (historically) that the events take place years after the Civil War which is used as the background for The good, the bad and the ugly.

Sounds to me like how Lock Stock and Snatch are connected but not really sequels.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by botankus
Ah...the moment has passed. And I'll bet you didn't even know cynicism was a word until 10:08 this morning.

Mr Parker has a knack for rubbing people the wrong way. Calls everything in sight "stupid" and "moronic" when counting to ten fails.

It's like he's a bubble of hate just waiting to pop, a pot of fury boiling over with frustration. A cacophony of sheer unrivalled anger and a superiority complex.

He's harmless though.

stick out tongue

Mr Parker
again thats something that he said that clearly does not belong on this thread and it is something he should have sent a PM to me on.same goes for you red superfly,that doesnt belong on this thread and that is something you should have sent a PM to him on.this isnt a thread to discuss mr parker. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cinemaddiction
Alright, you girls get a room. Back on topic, if you please.

BackFire
ROTK, hands down.

Mr Parker
Yeah ROTK would be second on my list. smile

Andrew McLeod
Everyone has forgotten a good one. I agree with most of the ones you've said thus far but you've still forgotten one.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

That was a great finish to the trilogy. I loved it so much.

(BTW, I'm a huge fan of the Dollars Trilogy so GBU is one of my favourite trilogy enders as well)

draconigena
I'd say Last Crusade... but can that really be considered a trilog finale now that the 4th one is being made?

RotK is also a favorite of mine.

bakerboy
If you are asking what was the best final movie in a triology, there are so many to pick. Godfather part three was great, last crusade was, return of the jedi wasnt as good as it could be , return of the king was great , back to the future part 3 was ok, the good, the ugly and the bad was a great movie too. Its difficult to choose only one.

wuTa
has anyone mentioned back to the future yet?....thats a classic trilogy

T.M
hey Andrew u really liked Once upon a time in Mexico ?

i thought that movie sucked. and didnt do anything for the trilogy (especially Johnny Depp's character) but thats just my opinion.

moviejunkie23
yea once upon a time in mexico blew, that one of robert rods worst movies ever, but he redemmed himself with sin city. In once upon a time they didn't even have the effects well done, you can see some guys shirt burning from "being shot" in one of the scenes. Terrible.

I don't know if its considered a trilogy because its possible their mayb be a 4th someday, but since there is only 3 right now i will have to say army of darkness. That movie is hysterical

barand1
Yeah i forgot about back to the future. they are great movies. part III was good!

Don't no one like Terminator 3?
Please don't give me this Cameron s**t, Mostow done a great job!
It could of been worst!

BlazingBarrells
The Last Crusade was a classic. I dont care, i liked T-3 more than the 2nd. For some reason that was some of the best action directing i have seen in a long time. DH3 was sick.

Myth
MIGHTY DUCKS!!! Wait, no nevermind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.