FF8 on the PS2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

we_love_trees
I resently gave away my psone cos i thought i could play my psone games on the ps2. I tried final fantasy 8 out on the ps2 and it started to make a scratching, k-chonking confused noise and the system config screen came up. Then wen it said reading disk it said there was a error. sad . the same happened with ff7, but it played ff9 perfectly.
Whats up with that??????
confused

pr1983
Ok, well i have FF8 from when i had a ps1, and it works fine on my ps2... so its either the laser or the disc imo...

dark1365
They're starting to oversaturate the FF series, In my opinion. 11 was enough.

SaTsuJiN
it would be nice if the series took a more mature turn

JKozzy
It'd be nice if FF11 weren't online... 'cause once those servers go down, game's gone too. Should've just called it FF Online, imho, and made FF12 the FF11. And I agree Satsujin, a mature turn would be a very welcome change to the series. There can only be so much of the same genre, though what's there is very good.

JKozzy
Originally posted by we_love_trees
I resently gave away my psone cos i thought i could play my psone games on the ps2. I tried final fantasy 8 out on the ps2 and it started to make a scratching, k-chonking confused noise and the system config screen came up. Then wen it said reading disk it said there was a error. sad . the same happened with ff7, but it played ff9 perfectly.
Whats up with that??????
confused Either it's your disc, your laser, or the PS2's inability to grip the CD. Try putting two pieces of scotch tape in parallel to the hole of the CD, like:
|O|
...sorta like that. I'd draw a picture on Paint but Comcast apparently has a DNS server down and I can only accesss a few webpages. The tape will help to grip the disc inside the PS2. A few of my friends had older PS2's, and this method worked like a charm.

TrAnCeDuO
...why are you people discussing final fantasy when all shes asking for is some technical help?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.