New MPAA President

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shugie99
I haven't seen much discussion about the new head of the MPAA on here. Now that Jack Valenti has retired and Dan Glickman is in I am curious to know what people think. I have seen a lot of reports about Glickman going after pirating. He has already had a bunch of factories producing illegal DVD's shut down.

I think its good he is being aggressive about this.

WindDancer
WD doesn't like the MPAA. no expression

smoker4
This is not good for us pirate

MC Mike

Hope he tunes down the censorship - it's ****ed up these days.

As for anti-piracy, let him do what he wants... he can never shut down piracy - piracy is an idea, it will always be with us.

SlipknoT
**** the MPAA!

Tex
MPAA=Art Nazi's.

ChickinMeat
well, i havnt bought anything pirated for years anyway, so it doesnt affect me.

but i agree, piracy will never go away

MC Mike
Slipknot, Tex -> True true.

shugie99
I am pretty bothered by piracy. I know everyone knows the arguements for why its bad, but it just bothers me because so many of the lower level people working in movies get screwed financially. I have always dreamed of like becoming a PA and the more money being put into the industry the more stability for someone in that profession.

Clovie
what is MPAA?

botankus
Motion Picture Association of America. They determine the "rating" for each picture. By rating I mean the suitability level in terms of children.

Clovie
oh...they have totally nothing to do with me erm

shugie99
Like the RIAA, which is a similar organization for the Recording Industry, they deal with piracy and illegal sharing issues. So this is similar to the RIAA going after Napster.

shugie99
I just read this article about the MPAA releasing names of those they have caught downloading movies. It looks like they are really taking this seriously.

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1274&storyid=2958445

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.