Captain America vs. Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Captain America

vs.

Bane

colossus17
bane

gautam
bane would break his back to....then cap and bats can chill in the hospital together

King Burger
I think Captain America is the better fighter, though Bane is probably stronger.

If I remember correctly, Bane broke the Batman only after tiring him
out extensively.

I give this to Captain America.

David Duchovony
Batman hadn't slept for 14 nights. I think Cap could take him.

jrodslam
Bane is also smarter.

Sentry
Cap could take him. Cap has faced far greater threats than Bane anyday.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry
Cap could take him. Cap has faced far greater threats than Bane anyday.

That maybe true, but single handedly? Against a smarter, stronger opponent? I dont know. If Bane beat Bats who is a smarter and dirtier fighter than Cap, I think he could do the same with Cap. Bane takes 8/10 imo.

Capt.JK
Cap takes this one easily. He's defeated way worse than Bane, on almost a regular basis.

LordFear
Yup Cap gets this pretty quickly. I sAW Cap smack Mr Hyde and Absorbing Man on a few occasion. Both of these guys make Bane look like a joke. A fully healthy confident Cap would make Bane recite the national anthem b4 smacking his face.

whirlysplat
Ultimate Cap is also stronger than bane, but a bit right wing for me!

brainchild81
Originally posted by jrodslam
Bane is also smarter. Maybe @ math, but as far as battle strategy, Cap beats Bane 5 days a week, takes off for the weekend, then comes back and does the same thing on Monday! Bane's little more than a steriod induced bully. He only beat Bats after he was dead tired.

jrodslam
and you win for biggest excuse ever. laughing

leonidas
cap takes this almost every time. i know crossovers aren't touted highly in this forum, but cap did clobber bane in the marvel/dc challenge. i think robin has taken bane down as well. if robin could do it, cap CERTAINLY can. don't forget, cap is probably twice as old as bats (with probably MORE than twice the experience), AND he's been in war. doubt there's a dirty trick he hasn't seen. sometimes i think cap isn't given the credit he's due in these posts.

Capt.JK
Originally posted by leonidas
sometimes i think cap isn't given the credit he's due in these posts.

AMEN!!!

armandovalles
Cap would hit Bane once in the face as hard as he can with his indestructible Shield and Bane is dead.

leonidas
<Cap would hit Bane once in the face as hard as he can with his indestructible Shield and Bane is dead.>

'bout wraps up this thread . . .

braz
no prep.

i say the cap this time.

Rick/Genis
Captain America.... that SHIELD!!!

Plus, Batman would not have let bane do what he did if he had not broken him with all the villains first.

elephant_man
i'd say bane. Him and those roids.... he'd probably break the cap's back. though i have alot of respect for the captain.

jinzin
probably cap... as much as I like bane.. cap's punched out rhino with brute force.. bane doesn't come close to rhino on the durability chart..

though bane is about 10 times a better fighter and 100 times smarter.. I still say cap.

braz
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Captain America.... that SHIELD!!!

Plus, Batman would not have let bane do what he did if he had not broken him with all the villains first.

yea but we all know that Batman would beat the Cap stick out tongue

Originally posted by braz
yea but we all know that Batman would beat the Cap stick out tongue Yeah, in your world.

badabing
My opinion is that if Bats can take Bane then so can Cap.

Rick/Genis
hahaha GO MODERATOR!!!!

See... yeah... I think of banes poison as the same as a super soldier serum... except cap's is on all the time.

snoopdogg
When they fought in the crossover Bane had Cap in position for a back-breaker but Caps shield hit Bane in the head knocking him out.

If not for the shield Cap may have been in trouble.

braz
Originally posted by Moderator
Yeah, in your world.

no laughing

nope, sry. if u really think about it, no, not really. well lets see, caps obviously physically superior via SS serum but that doesnt automatically mean hes gunna win. remember, batman has all sorts of gadgets like nerve gases, flashbangs, smoke bombs, batarangs that could impair the cap and leave him open for a fatal blow from bats. and we all know bats has been known like in Year One to be able to kick down trees, and punch through brick walls.

Milkie
http://www.enigmamediagroup.com/Production_Images/captain-sheildpose%5B1%5D.gif

badabing
A song to Captain America.
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/c-america.html

Rick/Genis
no laughing

nope, sry. if u really think about it, no, not really. well lets see, caps obviously physically superior via SS serum but that doesnt automatically mean hes gunna win. remember, batman has all sorts of gadgets like nerve gases, flashbangs, smoke bombs, batarangs that could impair the cap and leave him open for a fatal blow from bats. and we all know bats has been known like in Year One to be able to kick down trees, and punch through brick walls.

Psh, dude... that's for a different thread.

braz
Psh, dude... that's for a different thread.

w/e im just stating my opinion back at someone who took his time to go out of his way to disrespect me, as well as u did 2.
i never did nething to u. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GodMagnus25
Originally posted by snoopdogg
When they fought in the crossover Bane had Cap in position for a back-breaker but Caps shield hit Bane in the head knocking him out.

If not for the shield Cap may have been in trouble.

In that comic Bane was not on venom. Bane has not been on venom since he was locked up after being beaten by Az-Bats. He wouldn't have super strengh. Plus DC vs. Marvel should not be taken seriously. Any book thats says Storm can beat Wonder Woman, and that bone-clawed Wolverine can beat Lobo should be taken lightly.

Rick/Genis
w/e im just stating my opinion back at someone who took his time to go out of his way to disrespect me, as well as u did 2.
i never did nething to u. roll eyes (sarcastic)

um, I don't see how I'm disrespecting you.. but eh.

Should I?

Rick/Genis
that's already been taken into account "God-Magus"

AcousticDoc
Does Captain America have a better base strength than Bane (without venom). And if so, how much venom does Bane need to pump in before he surpasses the Cap's SS strength?

GodMagnus25
that's already been taken into account "God-Magus"

Don't act like you don't know me.

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Milkie
http://www.enigmamediagroup.com/Production_Images/captain-sheildpose%5B1%5D.gif

couldn't have put it better myself stick out tongue

Etrigan
Bane is so damn over-hyped!

He only broke Batman because of the big tiring-out thing.

Every other time they fought, Bats beat him viciously.

Cap wins.

GodMagnus25
Originally posted by Etrigan
Bane is so damn over-hyped!

He only broke Batman because of the big tiring-out thing.

Every other time they fought, Bats beat him viciously.

Cap wins.

But once again, every other time they fought Bane wasn't on venom.

Thunderstrike
Captain America has beaten Mr. Hyde, who would mop the floor with Bane on the Venom drug. He's also given Professor Hulk a run for his money, and has beaten Taskmaster before. Sorry, but Bane would go down so fast it's not even funny.

GodMagnus25
I'm not saying Bane would win, I'm just saying that it's not fair to compare Bane to Captain America when Bane stopped using venom. In DC vs. Marvel Bane was not on venom

Etrigan
That's true, but Batman still would have beaten him if he was on venom.

Thunderstrike
I think that if Cap was fighting him and
a. He sees a very large green pipe going into the back of Bane's head and
b. sees that Bane is getting stronger
don't you think Cap's gonna figure out what the heck is happening? He's just gonna tear the darn pipe out the back of Bane's head.

GodofThunder
Captain America is very skilled and very smart as far as fighting. He has that sheild wich can be easily thrown at the huge pipes of venom on banes body. Also the fighting experience and versatility go to cap. Agility/Speed cap.........9/10 Cap

Grimm22
Originally posted by jinzin
though bane is about 10 times a better fighter and 100 times smarter.. I still say cap.

10x a better fighter? What the f**k?

100x smarter? huh

I mean Bane is smart, no doubt about that. But Cap isnt stupid.

I mean probobly the biggest reason that Bane beat Batman was because he broke his spirit. That isnt going to happen with Cap.

Still a good fight though

Cap 6/10

The Fake Macoy
Cap wins this one the majority of the time. The only reason Bane beat Batman was because Batman was extremely tired and drained when they fought.

Muck101
Bane has finally killed batman (in my dreams, I know) and has heard of another skilled human combatant, Captain America. Assuming that All of Caps buddies won't be there to help him out, could Cap still take out a fully pumped-up Bane?

Redatom65
you dream about Bane of all characters killing off an icon O.O'

Muck101
Well, it was the only way I could think of for Bane to give up on going after bats, and go for cap. Could never happen, and I wouldnt want it to

Muck101
He has come close though, if Im not mistaken.

guy222
Originally posted by Muck101
Bane has finally killed batman (in my dreams, I know) and has heard of another skilled human combatant, Captain America. Assuming that All of Caps buddies won't be there to help him out, could Cap still take out a fully pumped-up Bane?

bane/venom ftw

Muck101
Originally posted by guy222
bane/venom ftw

Vote then? I'd like to see how the poll turns out.

masterbruce
Captain America.

The shield that has taken punches from Thor and Hulk will ward off anything Bane can deliver.

Muck101
Very true. Just to make things interesting, say cap doesnt have the shield. what then?

Symmetric Chaos
Very true. Just to make things interesting, say cap doesnt have the shield. what then?

superpoke

or something along those lines

braz
what are Bane's greatest strength feats fully pumped up on Venom?

Ronny
Bane has finally killed batman (in my dreams, I know) and has heard of another skilled human combatant, Captain America. Assuming that All of Caps buddies won't be there to help him out, could Cap still take out a fully pumped-up Bane? Captian America beat Hank Pym up while Pym was in full Giant Man mode. with ease.

Bane would get his ASS kicked.

Plus

Bane = DC
The Cap = Marvel

Marvel > DC

masterbruce

I'd still give it to Cap. Obviously his strategy is going to be different. But I think he can dodge Bane and beat him with his superior fighting skills.

Redatom65
yeah Bane snapped his back then Azrael took over and then everyone hated Azrael...WHo wasn't all that bad of a character then they killed him off. Anyway I belive most people hated that arc. Cap probaly wins here.

guy222
Vote then? I'd like to see how the poll turns out.

i will

after the game, go lakers

Muck101
As far as I can remember, Bane once deformed a car using nothing but his bare hands. Still, I say cap takes it. He has decades of experience over Bane.

TricksterPriest
Unlike everyone else here, I've actually seen these two fight in a crossover. Now granted, it was non-canon. But here's what happened. Bane fought Cap, Cap tossed the shield. Bane taunts him about the 'pathetic' strategy of throwing his shield away, and then prepares to break his back the way he broke Batman's. The shield comes back and smashes him in the head, KOing him. Cap at that point made a comment which I can't recall. Now, there was a little PIS, but I think Cap can win this. But if you nix the shield, he's not only going to get his back broken, he's going to get put into a body bag.

Muck101
keep the shield then! And do you have scans of that crossover?

Soljer

Bane only beat Batman after Batman was EXHAUSTED from fighting all of arkham.

Later on, Batman shit stomped Bane as appropriate. Cap would do similarly.

Steve Rogers, 9/10.

1/10 goes to Bane for the off chance that Captain America just got finished fighting his entire rogues gallery before going up against Bane.

Decay
yeah, i was going to make the point of how exhausted batman was by the time bane actually confronted him. physically and mentally he was worn down, and when he was at his weakest bane showed up and the mansion and drained pretty much all of what little fight he had left in him.

cap is one of the best hand to hand guys in marvel, his shield will protect him against anything bane can do, and even without it cap is too tactical, too experienced and too skilled.

TricksterPriest
I don't have the scans, as the site I saw them on has since died. sad I think Long Pig would know what I was talking about.

You're underestimating Bane, Soljer. After that, he has drawn even with Batman everytime, since he managed to kick the Venom habit.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Unlike everyone else here, I've actually seen these two fight in a crossover. Now granted, it was non-canon. But here's what happened. Bane fought Cap, Cap tossed the shield. Bane taunts him about the 'pathetic' strategy of throwing his shield away, and then prepares to break his back the way he broke Batman's. The shield comes back and smashes him in the head, KOing him. Cap at that point made a comment which I can't recall. Now, there was a little PIS, but I think Cap can win this. But if you nix the shield, he's not only going to get his back broken, he's going to get put into a body bag.
I believe the lines went something like this:

Bane: What kind of ridiculous strategy is that?
*Shield smacks him in the back of the head with ridiculous force*
Captain America: The kind that works. Now, no more back talk from you mister.

I actually believe in that instance that Captain was using himself as bait so the shield would connect. It's not the first time he would use that kind of strategy. The shield rebounds at a fairly ridiculous level.

Enough on that though.
Captain America took out US Agent H2H without the shield and if you know much about US Agent then you know he's way stronger than Captain. Also he's nearly as agile as Cap and he was trained by Taskmaster so he's really, really good fighter. It would probably be more fair to pit US Agent against Bane, because Bane does not win here.

Beta Ray Howard
Bwahaha! Bane got "son"ned!

Anyway, Cap wins this.

jasonk3
keep the shield then! And do you have scans of that crossover?

Here are the scans for the cross over

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banecapyg1.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banecap2fp2.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banecap2fp2.jpg

jasonk3
* http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banecap3kf5.jpg

Third Scan

doctorstrongbad
Cap takes this 10/10 no problem.

Prep-Man
Bane is on venom. Cap has his shield.

Parmaniac
Cap already defeated Bane shifty

Eternal Idol
Captain America ftw.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rogers.

Juk3n
Steve tears Bane a new one

grimify
Cap

Daredevil1
Cap wins. New Cap also wins.

iceman24567
Rogers via shield ko within seconds. Bucky gets his ass stomped

godking
Bucky would become Bane's prison *****.

Bane vs Steve 60-40 in favor of steve

Sin I AM
BUCKY AS WINTER SOLDIER WOULD OWN BANE wink but not as cap sad

iceman24567
Bane without venom would beat Bucky with it Bane rips his head off then punts it into a river.

godking
Originally posted by Sin I AM
BUCKY AS WINTER SOLDIER WOULD OWN BANE wink but not as cap sad The same Bucky who was getting his ass kicked by Batroc ?.

BUSTER1
Cap ftw if its Steve-shield throw to cut the venom pipes-and then superior skills + slightly higher physical stats for the win

Lord Feron
Rogers owns him.

Survivor19
Batroc will kick Bane's ass too!

namorsubby
bane is highly underestimated here..........

and i'd imagine me saying steve FTW doesn't emphasize well just how much i feel his formmidability is being overlooked......but i'll just say steve FTW and leave it at that

vansonbee
Are you sure you prep before making this thread? erm

CA take this, but not easily.

AsbestosFlaygon
It won't be easy as most of you think, given that Bane is also a highly intelligent combatant.

I still give CA a slight edge with that shield of his.

iceman24567
The shield makes Bane target practice.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by iceman24567
Rogers via shield ko within seconds. Bucky gets his ass stomped

chilled monkey
Originally posted by iceman24567
Bane without venom would beat Bucky with it Bane rips his head off then punts it into a river.

Bane could do that anyway. Even without Venom he's strong enough to rip off a man's arm and has beaten Azrael, not like Batman beat Azbats (by using the location against him) but by just flat-out beating him.

The MISTER
Forum rules..

The MISTER
I think it's an interesting fight and I can't put one over the other. I'd say Bane because he's a martial artist and has the toughness to last it out.

Black bolt z
This thread has been done before.Use the search.

And Cap wins.

Bentley
Originally posted by Black bolt z

And Cap wins.

Stoic
Steve Rogers wins.

carver9
Cap 10/10

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Black bolt z

And Cap wins.

Daredevil1
Cap wins. To skilled and his enhancements stats and enhance mind are to much of a combo for Bane me thinks.

Mini Bennett
Captain America:
http://wa3.cdn.3news.co.nz/3news/AM/0-Articles/216390/captain-america_poster.jpg?width=460

vs.

Bane:
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Tom-Hardy-Bane-Dark-Knight-Rises-Header.jpg

- Both of them are in character

- The fight takes place in Gotham at night.

Who wins and why?

pym-ftw
Steve > Bruce
Bruce>Bane
Steve>>Bane

Lord Feron
Didn't see the movie but was bane spiderman level? or like wolverine level? because I really doubt that....

pym-ftw
Wait is op asking about movie versions?
Well then

Steve>>>>>>>........Bruce and Bane

Movie cap is ultimate cap

Daredevil1
movie cap seems more like 616 cap.

He even lifts a motorcycle up easily just like 616 Cap did.

And keeps up with a car....just like 616 cap did during the Protocide arch.

Silent Master
If this is movie Bane vs movie Cap, then Cap wins 10/10.

JakeTheBank
Movie Cap beats the crap out of him.

abhilegend
Cap.

KingD19
Captain America beats Bane so bad, we can understand him.

Silent Master
I almost feel bad for Batman fans, As I can't think of a single movie "superhero" that he'd beat in a fight.

Bouboumaster
Bane was a monster in the movie, but Captain America is faster, way stronger, way more durable, etc.

He beats the shit out of both Bane AND Batman

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Silent Master
I almost feel bad for Batman fans, As I can't think of a single movie "superhero" that he'd beat in a fight.

All the watchmen except Dr. Manhattan? The losers? Punisher?

Didn't think hard? Lol

Silent Master
Originally posted by pym-ftw
All the watchmen except Dr. Manhattan? The losers? Punisher?

Didn't think hard? Lol

I don't consider the Punisher or Losers to be "superheros", The Watchmen I just forgot about.

KingD19
He wouldn't beat Watchmen as they're a step above the human action Nolan prefers.

He wouldn't beat Punisher, because Punisher would shoot him in the mouth.

He wouldn't beat Watchmen, because he'd be laughing so hard at Jensen's great personality and delivery that he doesn't notice Cougar lining up that headshot.

abhilegend
Baleman can beat the phantom, right?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by abhilegend

Billy Zane is a cool dude. cool

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Billy Zane is a cool dude. cool
So he can't beat any superhero. Nolan must be proud.

Silent Master

The only things I remember about that movie are Kristy Swanson and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

srankmissingnin

He should have got a second unit director, because Nolan can't direct an action scene to save his life.

The JGL spinning hallway scene in Inception is the exception to rule and likely a fluke.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Silent Master
The only things I remember about that movie are Kristy Swanson and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
I don't remember anything frod that terrible movie.Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He should have got a second unit director, because Nolan can't direct an action scene to save his life.

The JGL spinning hallway scene in Inception is the exception to rule and likely a fluke.
Do you know that batman fanboys are sending death threats to those who gave TDKR a bad review?

srankmissingnin
I don't remember anything frod that terrible movie.
Do you know that batman fanboys are sending death threats to those who gave TDKR a bad review?

lawls laughing

Silent Master
I don't remember anything frod that terrible movie.

That's a shame, because CZJ was exceedingly hot in that movie.

abhilegend
lawls laughing
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/17/critic-faces-death-threats-over-bad-dark-knight-rises-review/

Silent Master
lawls laughing

It's true, IIRC they crashed at least one critics website and Rotten Tomatoes had to disable posting because the threats were getting out of hand.

abhilegend
Batman fanboys are truly pathetic.

srankmissingnin
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/17/critic-faces-death-threats-over-bad-dark-knight-rises-review/

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7h9c6TSeZ1r7sanzo1_1280.jpg

I am The Dark Knight Rises reckoning. Fanboys, when your perception of the film is ashes, you have my permission to die.

Worst of the three movies.

Long, predictable, and in need of a substantial revisit to the editing room. It's odd that that the film franchise that everyone considers the "intellectual" and "cerebral" superhero film, has so little respect for the intelligence of the audience. Everything is spelled out for you like Nolan is holding your hand and guiding you through the scenes as though you are a child, explaining every detail of the film to you ad nauseum. There is no room for nuance, Nolan's story telling is about as subtle as a brick to the side of the face, as his foreshadowing is, akin to a neon sign, so glaring (and repetitive) that anyone - regardless of their familiarity with the Batman mythos - paying a modicum of attention should be able to see all the twists coming from ten miles out... that is if you don't fall a sleep in the middle of the movie, thanks to the middling pace.

That said, terrific performances all around, with Tom Hardy and JGL (and Michael Caine for his limited screen time), showcasing some standout acting abilities. Anne Hathaway delivers a serviceable yet unmemorable performance, and Cristian Bale does the same, content on being over shadowed by his foil for a third time in a row.

Good movie, with top notch sound editing and cinematography, like Prometheus the story is nothing special but it is probably worth seeing for the few stand out performances... although don't expect anything on the level of Fassbender's David. Just barely a full price IMO, but if you can see a matinee or cheap movie day showing, that would probably be preferable.

Also, saw the trailer for Superman: First Blood... pretty meh, and the effects of the sonic boom looked surprisingly mediocre especially for a Synder film.

Saw Avengers five times in theaters, I have no real desire to see TKDR again until I can pick up on BluRay... going to see if I can sell back the tickets I have for latter tonight.

Come at me, Batbros

abhilegend

I am The Dark Knight Rises reckoning. Fanboys, when your perception of the film is ashes, you have my permission to die.

Come at me, Batbros
They showed a shortened version of SDCC teaser for MOS which was really great.

srankmissingnin

That's good to hear. The one before TDKR rises is alright I guess... but its not going to make anyone cry.

abhilegend
That's good to hear. The one before TDKR rises is alright I guess... but its not going to make anyone cry.
Yeah, people were crying in SDCC. I mean seriously?

cdtm

Come at me, Batbros

Is Mindset a Batbro? He seemed to like it.

Does this place even have Batbros? O_o

JakeTheBank

Come at me, Batbros

laughing out loud

It was solid and enjoyable for me, but I think Batman Begins and TDK were both better.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

It was solid and enjoyable for me, but I think Batman Begins and TDK were both better.

Batman Begins was awesome.

Yet to see the new one, but BB was better than the sequel imo...

One thing I half expected, was a backlash against Batman not rescuing Ra's from the train. None ever came, thank goodness.

CosmicComet
I have only one question, did Bane whoop Batman's ass or vice versa?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I have only one question, did Bane whoop Batman's ass or vice versa?

The seen that everyone wants to see is pretty anti climatic. One guy in my theater clapped limp wristedly three times when it happened... but that was it.

Golgo13

thumb up

MOS I think will be good.

CosmicComet
Meh **** Nolan

BUSTER1

By God, there are some sad idiots out there.

Dream Stuff

Um, yeah, I suppose he is. He's directed a trilogy of ridiculously critically and commercially successful films. He probably drops to his knees every day to thank the universe for letting him be Christopher Nolan.

If he cared for a second whether or not his character could win a hypothetical fight with another fictional character he didn't write, I'd be pretty disappointed in him.

namorsubby
a few people here just dont seem to like anything batman related in general.

Cap ftw.

cdtm
The movie was awesome.

Cap is totally more powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.