Revan Vs Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Destroyer
Who would win and who do you think is the more powerfull sith lord. Don't forget that they both crushed the republic and that revan did it without remembering any knowledge of the dark side training he underwent.

Darth_Nefarus
Sidious, IMHO.
He converted the chosen one under the noses of all the Jedi, (including Anakin's own master) he can bs master yoda, he clouded the entire lightside of the force to the point where the lightside had to create a being just to kill him, and he deceives everyone in the republic, then turns it into his empire.

Kun-ni Habeo
Revan would PWN PALPY!!!

Darth_Glentract
Revan would crush him. The would be no competion.
Possible minor spoiler!

He corrupted hundreds of Jedi, killed tons of Mandalorians, and learned tons of the Sith on Malacor 5.

ArthasKnight
As much as I admire Revan and think he would crush any opponent, I hold true to my belief in the Prophecy and say that Sidious would win.

jedimaster2000
dunno about this one, but i probably go with revan.

Darth Destroyer
Hey arthasknight where did you find the revan pic under you're name and could you hook me up?

Darth_Nefarus
even without the prophecy, I still say Sidious because I don't think Revan could take Yoda, but Sidious does.

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Darth Destroyer
Hey arthasknight where did you find the revan pic under you're name and could you hook me up?

Um, I think I did an image search on google of 'Darth Revan' and I found it, resized it in photo shop or something and uploaded it. Lemme see what I can come up with...I'll get back to you.

Darth Destroyer
Much appreciated arthasknight

ArthasKnight
Here it is Darth Destroyer.

Darth Destroyer
Thanks i was trying to find a pic to put under my name if i find more in my search i'll be sure to send them to you.

Darth_Janus
Alright, Nerfarus, my prophecy spouting friend, I must refute you. It is my lot in life.

Corrupting the chosen one is a bit like sandblasting a soup cracker; it's not that hard.

Yoda isn't the brightest Jedi master in the prequels. Everything slips past him. I don't consider him getting BSed to be a great achievement, and certainly not enough to make or break a duel.

As for clouding the light side of the Force, Revan and Malak tromped around on Dantooine, the seat of the Jedi council, looking for relics of the past. No one even knew they were there until Revan came back himself. I think that is pretty damn good. It'd be like a burglar sneaking into your house and using your shower without you knowing.

There is -no- proof that the light side ever created Anakin, and especially no evidence to ever suggest he was created to defeat Palpatine himself and bring balance back to the force. Since Palpatine was merely resurrected anyways (according to EU) and it was Han that shot him in the back, creating his final death, the prophecy is moot. As for the prophecy, I ask these questions...

Who that was credible created this prophecy? Where was it in the sequels? How vague was it? Was it fulfilled? You sure?

Lastly, Sidious did not deceive everyone in the Republic. He made a good face for the Senate and fooled Jar-Jar. Any politician worth his daddy's wallet can do that.

I need convincing reasons. And I think Revan can take Yoda, I really do. I don't think any one dueller from the movies can compare with the lightsaber duellists of old. That is something everyone can admit.

Darth Destroyer
Another smart man the old duelists are far superior to any of those in the movies.

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Alright, Nerfarus, my prophecy spouting friend, I must refute you. It is my lot in life.

Corrupting the chosen one is a bit like sandblasting a soup cracker; it's not that hard.

Yoda isn't the brightest Jedi master in the prequels. Everything slips past him. I don't consider him getting BSed to be a great achievement, and certainly not enough to make or break a duel.

As for clouding the light side of the Force, Revan and Malak tromped around on Dantooine, the seat of the Jedi council, looking for relics of the past. No one even knew they were there until Revan came back himself. I think that is pretty damn good. It'd be like a burglar sneaking into your house and using your shower without you knowing.

There is -no- proof that the light side ever created Anakin, and especially no evidence to ever suggest he was created to defeat Palpatine himself and bring balance back to the force. Since Palpatine was merely resurrected anyways (according to EU) and it was Han that shot him in the back, creating his final death, the prophecy is moot. As for the prophecy, I ask these questions...

Who that was credible created this prophecy? Where was it in the sequels? How vague was it? Was it fulfilled? You sure?

Lastly, Sidious did not deceive everyone in the Republic. He made a good face for the Senate and fooled Jar-Jar. Any politician worth his daddy's wallet can do that.

I need convincing reasons. And I think Revan can take Yoda, I really do. I don't think any one dueller from the movies can compare with the lightsaber duellists of old. That is something everyone can admit.

Yoda was the greatest light side Jedi there ever was and Sidious bested him (as far as we know) with little effort. That speaks of power itself.

Yes Revan and Malak clouded the Force, but so did Sidious. It's like saying one baseball team won a game. Well, so did another one. So what? Sidious and Maul were undetected until they revealed themselves too just like Revan and Malak. I don't think this point has any strength in it.

Balance to the Force=death of the Sith
Anakin's purpose=kill Sith
Balance to the Force=Anakin's purpose

There is no answer to that question because it's never revealed. The Jedi Order came up with the Prophecy I suppose. It wasn't in the OT because there weren't any Jedi Masters left who knew of it save Yoda and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan didn't want Luke to know his father's identity so he can't very well tell Luke "Hey, your father was a Jedi who was meant to kill the Sith but he was s spaz and killed us instead." And Yoda didn't mention it because he wanted Luke to think he could beat Sidious. If he goes spouting off about the Prophecy and how Anakin's supposed to end it all, what's that say about his confidence in Luke? And again, the whole father's identity thing.

Sidious tricked the Senate, which means he might as well have fooled the entire Republic because the ones in the Senate are the voices of all the planets they represent. You fool the senator, you fool the voice, you corrupt information sent back to the planet by the voice, you fool the planet.

Sorry if this was meant only for Nefarus, but I had some stuff I wanted to say.

Darth_Janus
Anakin killed two Sith. He was born for all that?

ArthasKnight
His purpose was to destroy the Sith. He did that, and so his destiny was fulfilled and he died. That's what the Force intended for him.

jackstain
Darth Sidious has one of the hardest fights ever.......but still whips that @$$....Sidious wins babay. Happy Dance

Naga Sadow
revan would defiantly win, no question about it.
he was the oldskool sith and they were better by a mile. sidious wouldnt even touch him.
Reavn ownz sidious while watchin his favourite TV show.
also bout sidious corrupting anakin=bullshit, anakin was whining all the time, he fell in love with padme, he was arrogant, and he killed all shose sand ppl(full of hate) so palpatine had very lil to do with that.
and there is no way yoda was the most powerful jedi.

Darth_Janus
I agree. Yoda was never called the most powerful Jedi. He headed the council, but I would hope that after 800 years, he would. All his competition would be dead, hell. But anyways, Yoda was a good duellist, I suppose. Be he could not defeat Dooku fast enough. He didn not exhibit enough to convince me he was the best light side Jedi ever. Certainly, ancient Jedi who fought against Exar Kun, Nomi and them, must have exerted amazing ability with the saber and the Force. And I believe one of them could best Yoda. Exar would destroy the muppety Jedi master.

jackstain
Sidious would OooOoOoown

Darth_Glentract
you are wrong. yes it is your opinion, but it is still very wrong. I think it is so gay that ever since the new triliogy, sidious is considered invincible. if he was so powerful he would have turned Luke by pure force capabilities. just because he defeats Yoda dosn't mena a whole lot. it was never said that Yoda was the best of the Jedi, ihe was simply the head alongside Mace Windu. Besides, I would hope he would have worked his way up the ranks over 900 years. Yoda may have been the greatest alive at that time when he was between 150-400. that is just a guess on the best at an age thing though. there may have been some super-uber jedi at that time that we dont know about.

Darth_Nefarus
sidious isn't invincible, he's just been able to keep himself alive through evil magic so a chosen one was needed

Darth_Janus
Alright, let's do this.

Exar Kun. Destroys suns. Threatens the Republic and the Jedi Order. Is powerful enough to force freeze an entire Jedi Council. One of the most feared and famed Sith lords of all time. No chosen one.

Naga Sadow. Heir to Marka Ragnos. Starts a war with the Republic that was simply devastating on both sides. No chosen one.

Revan and Malak. Open enemies of the Republic, murderers of millions, both Jedi and not. Known for converting more Jedi to the darkside than any before or since. Destroyers of planets. (Telos, Malachor V, Taris) Revan, in particular, was amazingly powerful. NO CHOSEN ONE.

Nihilus. The guy has enough power to keep the Ravager working with his sheer will. Destroys all life on Katarr with the Force alone. No chosen one.

Sidious. Artificially enhanced politician turned new-age Sith. Manipulates from the shadows. Takes over the Republic through Hitler-esque ways. Has the small number of Jedi eliminated. But somehow, before all this, a chosen one was made. You know, just to chuck him over a railing into a shaft.

I guess the chosen one criteria is pretty weird. Silly Force.

Darth_Nefarus
Look, Sidious doesn't go around blowing a bunch of crap up and murdering everyone, because he knows that that's how the Sith were defeated. If there Sith aren't well known throughout the galaxy, it's much easier for them to take over, stay in power, and rule with an iron fist. FEAR THE FIST!

I admit, it is somewhat lame how Sidious dies, but at the same time I accept it because of how physically weak his body must be from the incredible darkside powers flowing through him. I know a bunch of you will resond with, "Well why didn't he just use the force to kick Vader's ass etc."

He couldn't. He was too weak physically, and Vader's power, combined with the lightside attempting to re-balance itself out was too much for him. He was the fool that didn't understand until the end, not Luke.

jackstain
sidious is amazing, and only alf could smite him.

http://alf.disim.com/photos/album/alf/alf18.jpg

Lord Mader
Revan walks up to palpatine (B**** slap him) thats all revan has to do

Darth_Janus
Well, I find there's more strength in Revan's methods, personally. He had no need to hide. The Republic could not hope to defeat him, at all. If it were Revan on the Death Star in ROTJ, the rebels would be up shit's creek without a paddle. And true, Sidious' body is weakened from the dark side energy from within, but that is also a downfall. Revan's will keeps him in prime condition, mentally and physically. He uses a planet, Malachor V, to draw on the dark side of the Force and to influence the endgame of one of the greatest battles the galaxy had ever seen.

Now, seeing as the only reasonable way to properly evaluate each of these guys is to ignore the aspect of balance in the Force and the Prophecy, we can conclude that:

Sidious could not show himself until he was in a secure position. He had a reason to be afraid, whether it was prudence or Sith teachings, or perhaps he had a deep-seated admiration for manipulation, but Sidious was not openly true to the ways of the dark side.

Sidious was afraid of the threat any Jedi would pose to his rule. He was not able to convert many, so he instead turned to having Anakin, someone we can agree, prophecy aside, was incredibly powerful in this time. He used Anakin instrumentally to do most of the work for him. He lacked either the strength or the ability to do this himself. Note also that Sidious is afraid of the Son of Skywalker as a threat to his rule, though whether this is from prophecy (which was not even in the plot in ESB where this line was first spoken) or from way too much caution is anybody's guess. Let's just say that he's insecure in his power, for all the power he supposively has.

Sidious is physically weak. The Force raging through his body has destroyed him in his old age. This might be an indicator that his body cannot properly wield the Force in all its effectiveness. If we decide to add the EU fact that he used science or whatnot to increase his Force potency, then you also admit that he is naturally not Force sensitive like most Jedi. Another weakness.

And the last point I will make for now... Sidious took over the Republic in a time where it had next to no standing army, not like the Old Republic. He did it with clones that were made for this specific purpose. Unlike Revan, a tactician and a conquerer who was wise enough to leave the infrastructure of the galaxy intact as he moved on and won battle after battle, Sidious had to stage a subtle coup and then rely on the clones and his powers in office to take over. And even then he was meeting with resistance all the way until his demise.

jackstain
the ability to destroy a planet, is insignificant, next to the power.............................................

jackstain
of ALF!!!

http://user.tninet.se/~djv504e/alf/alfkitty.gif

Darth_Nefarus
damnit, alf does win

jackstain
yes.....it's good to just accept it, as i have.

Darth_Nefarus
I mean, he eats cats. I don't know how or why i compare that to the force, but I do damnit

jackstain
oh it beats the force, hands down....you eat cats, you can do anything.

Darth_Janus
Damn ALF. He wins all.

Darth Jello
the whole Sidious is weak cause of the dark side is disproven in episode III, he's not weak by any stretch of the imagination. He's deformed and scarred from Mace Windu deflecting lightning and melting his face, but he is not weak. He uses a Cane by ROTJ because he's old, but so does Yoda. Eventually, he would have probably used the force abilities of Darth Plaguies to heal his legs and his face, and extend his life indefinitely.

Darth_Glentract
Did any of you ever consider that Qui-gon mught have been wrong about Anakin being the choosen one? It sure seems that having partically all of the Jedi of the Old Republic die to stop Sidious is a slight strech. None of you can say that Sidious would beat all of the Old Republic Jedi. It as far as I know never says that the chosen one has to be a Jedi. It could be Han Solo because he shot Sidious in the back and killed him for the last time I'm pretty sure.

By the way, the Jedi who recorded the prophecy was Kaja Sinis, the first Jedi, according to the sometimes said unreliable supershadow.com.

Darth_Janus
Super Shadow... ick.

As for the prophecy, it's about on par with the Sith equivalent... What was it? Sith'ari or something? Yeah, that sure came true. Oh wait... It didn't.

Darth_Glentract
ya the sith called it Sith'ari

Darth_Janus
The Sith'ari was supposed to be a perfect being (Which Anakin wasn't) who would destroy most of the Sith and bring them about anew as the new leader. He was also supposed to bring balance, though how a Sith would willingly do so is questionable, unless it was Traya.

A curious thought... Perhaps Bane was as close as one could come. He did more or less touch off the mass destruction of the Sith in a way, and recreated the order, reshaping it entirely. I dunno. Just thought.

Darth_Nefarus
Janus, I am curious. I've read several of your posts that claim that we need to look at all the facts of all Star Wars medium to reach a valid opinion. But, you claim the prophecy to be bull squash, but it's a perfectly valid fact since it's part of the movies.

And Gelntract, Lucas has said it, and Episode 1 gives us enough information that we know Anakin is the chosen one. Light destiny or dark destiny, he will bring balance to the force, and does.

Darth_Glentract
it never said that he was the chosen one for sure. Qui-gon thought he was and it seemed to me that he never did what was required of him.

Darth_Janus
The problem with the prophecy is that it -isn't- fact. It's all speculation on the behalf of the Jedi. The fancy blood test and Qui Gon's word didn't convince me that Anakin was the chosen one, and certainly the storyline itself doesn't strike me as saving the galaxy or bringing order to the Force. The only person who is eventually given peace or balance is Anakin. So unless he was the Force itself, the prophecy doesn't make sense.

Darth_Nefarus
You're right, Anakin's mother telling Qui-Gonn that there wasn't a father doesn't mean it. George Lucas flat out saying he is the chosen one doesn't mean anything either. In fact, anything George Lucas puts in his movies seem to be BS to you, I mean who is he to say what's what? I mean, he only created it, that's nothing special...

Darth_Janus
First thing's first....

You'd be surprised what some ladies will tell about the fathers of their children. Especially when they're single parents. I can't find her word compelling enough. Anakin certainly doesn't have the persona of a chosen one, unless they allow uneven tempered whiny brats into the league of messiahs while I was dozing. GL may have said that. Fine. Believe it. If that's all you need, that's all you need. I need something more. It's not like an established truth, like blasters use energy packs or Wookiees of all types have furr. It's something that popped out of the blue in a movie which, for the most part, seemed aimed more towards a younger generation and a younger audiance and left those of us who were fans of the originals rather high and dry. And that, my friend, makes it suspect. It'd be like LotR 4 coming out (which is already ridiculous) and we find out Frodo is Jesus Christ. Before, he was a bloody hobbit who had a great adventure. Next episode, he's the bloody messiah and no one can or will hold a candle to him. Ever. Ever. And ever. Same deal with Vader. First he was the SW baddie and a Sith lord. Booming voice, black garbs. Red saber. TPM rolls around and he's Anakin a.k.a. Annie, seducer of older women, master of the force in all its forms both raw and tamed, slayer of all Jedi worth considering, the best of all time etc. etc. etc.

You know, if Anakin was something other than the whiny bastard he is in AOTC, I would entertain the idea of him being a Chosen One. But he's just another prodigy to me. A child with potential and no restraint. That's no legendary Jedi. It's a bad one. Oops. Left Anakin on the grill too long. Better flip him so both sides burn black....

Darth Jello
that's something i can agree with Janus. from what I can piece together, Yoda knew of Darth Bane and the Sith law of two. There's also textual evidance that the sith once controlled the galaxy. (all from episode 1 book and movie and the episode III book). From this, we can infer that after Ruusan, Bane and his apprentice took over the Galaxy in some way and outlawed the jedi order for some time. The jedi then rallied together and overthrew bane after years of strife, ushering in a thousand years of peace. They found out all about the new Sith order and killed both him and his apprentice. But apparently, his apprentice violated the law of two and planned to overthrow his master. leading to the survival of the sith, Plaguies, Sidious, Vader etc.
Bane's order brought balance to the force because there were less sith. The force was thrown out of balance because Plaguies and Sidious became incredibly powerful.

Darth_Nefarus
He's not meant to be a legendary Jedi. He's merely an instrument of the force that will be used to destroy the greatest threat the lightside has ever faced.
I admit it, he's a whiny, punk ass in AOTC. But he was not trained well enough and unfortunately Obi-Wan only realizes that when he's slicing Anakins' limbs off.

Darth_Janus
Hindsight is twenty-twenty. What a pity.

Darth_Nefarus
the Jedi were abviously foolish in the way they handled Anakin and the prophecy in general. Had they been smart, Mace Windu or Yoda would have personally trained Anakin and then Sidious would have been punked early on.

Darth Jello
the prophecy never specified that the chosen one would have to be a jedi....that was qui-gon's mistake.

Darth_Janus
If the council was smart, they wouldn't have thrown their lot in with politicians, either. Or overlook Dooku's resignation without a second thought. Or not sensed Sidious' apprentice, his planet full of clones, his dark jedi sidekicks, or himself. Hell, I bet you could walk into the Jedi Academy on Coruscant and steal Mace's lightsaber and be like "Wudn't me" and no one would take action.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, it wasn't his mistake as much as it was Obi-Wan's. Obi-Wan was often too hard on Anakin and never took the time to explain why he should believe and/or act a certain way.
Obi-Wan always nagged Anakin and in many ways was upset that his student was excelling quicker than he did.

Darth_Janus
Obi Wan didn't screw up. Anakin needed his ass kicked in line. If anything, he was softer than he should have been. Anakin loved and respected Obi Wan, but he was a lot to control with just one person. It should have been the council's responsibility to keep an eye on that prodigy.

Darth_Nefarus
Actually, I agree with that more. If the entire council made it a point to train Anakin, he would have always felt like he was on the council and that they truly appreciated the things he did.
The Jedi were just too old school.

Darth_Janus
We should hate on the old school Jedi council. Never giving the man the respect and nurturing he needs. Then they all whine and send his own boy after him to kill him. Talk about injustice. Vader isn't evil.... just a product of poor schooling. It's George's hidden point!

Darth_Nefarus
Definately, Anakin is a part of the systems flaws, not his own.
lol
If only Vader would have had Jessie Jackson

Darth_Janus
Then he could sell watches. Er... wait. Who?

Darth_Nefarus
lol

Julie
Do not blame Anakin's flaws on the council

Darth_Janus
And why not?

Darth_Nefarus
Well, okay. Anakin still chose his own path and it is his fault. But, the council could have shown more wisdom in his training. I mean, they never explained to him why things worked the way they did. They just said, this is it, you don't get anything else. They should have realized (more so) that he was special, and if the force created him, the will of the force was his ally. Therefore, Mace or Yoda should have trained him. Not Obi-Wan, who had become a knight moments before he was allowed to train Anakin.

Darth Mantis
Sidious.

Wanderer259
Alright, I'm gonna go do some research on both opponents like I did for Obi-Wan and Dooku vs Revan before I post...

jackstain
Sids

Darth_Glentract
Revan definaly wins.

jackstain
i dont think so at all.

Darth_Glentract
well that is your opinion. (even if it is wrong)

jackstain
ha ha(funny) well to be honest with you, i dont know much about revan, but i know much about sidious, and i just think he's too damn powerful.
he beats yoda and mace windu in the same movie! lol, come on.

Darth_Glentract
Revan kills at least a hundred Sith in one game. come on. he is taught by some of the KOTOR-era's greatest master twice. His teacher beat Mace on in tier 1 of the failed Megatournament Project.

jackstain
I stand by Sidious

and until they fight, im as right as you are.

Darth_Glentract
I will find something to supert him one day. (super drama)

jackstain
lol

Wanderer259
Here we go. This is very long.

Darth Sidious

- There is no question that Sidious is powerful, as he is the Dark Lord of the Sith in each Star Wars movie. Darth Sidious was able to keep his Force presence completely masked while sitting as next door neighbor to the entire council of the Jedi Order (it's obvious, I know, but it's still important to note that each individual council member is considered to be very strong, and together, they're immensely powerful). The Dark Side's energies flow through Sidious' body so powerfully that he has to rely on clone bodies, switching his essence into them through ancient Sith magic. Supposedly, after his 'death' on the second Death Star, through sheer strength of will, Sidious was able to retain his identity in the Force, cross space as a spirit, and enter another clone. He was able to conjure a Force storm powerful enough to rip Luke Skywalker from one place and put him on another planet. StarWars.com itself considers Sidious to be the 'the most powerful practitioner of the Sith ways in modern times.' Apparently, Sidious also has control of a Kyber crystal, which furthers his powers.
- In terms of training, we have no basis other than the fact that Sidious was trained by the previous Dark Lord, and I'm assuming that with all that Sidious has done, he was a competent teacher at the least. It's unknown if Sidious ever began as Jedi; I doubt it. Darth Sidious studied the Sith ruins on Korriban and unlocked secrets from a stolen Jedi holocron, so it's safe to assume Sidious' knowledge of the Dark Side, and the Force in general, is very high.

- Sidious' skill with a lightsaber is unknown. We know he does indeed attack Mace Windu and at least two other Jedi with one, but what happens in that fight is hazy; the trailer decided to cut that scene off at his charge. It's commonly accepted that Sidious slays the Jedi accompanying Mace, but it's argued whether or not Sidious is truly defeated by Windu or merely feigns a loss. We will have to see. However, I would say that the killing of the other Jedi is not truly a feat, as all the Jedi at Geonosis were slain due to inadequate abilities in general; their ability to perform in a lightsaber duel would be even less, so Sidious' victory over them isn't impressive. It's his fight with Windu that would truly be his benchmark, but we don't know how that goes. Not everything that happens was planned by Sidious -- Maul's death being case in point.

- In the movies, Sidious is almost the epitome of cunning and strategy. He planned his overthrow of the Republic decades in advance and swiftly dealt with any set-backs he encountered (Maul's death). He effectively employed underlings (Dooku) and even dealt with anyone that may be able to throw off his plans (Maul was once sent to deal with the Black Sun).

- As far as feats go, Sidious overthrew the Republic. He is, in fact, the only one to do it, and he did it through deceit and illusion. Sidious once caused a massive Force storm that transplanted Luke Skywalker from one place to another. Sidious seduced Maul, Dooku, and Anakin to the Dark Side, but it is arguable that Dooku wasn't difficult and Anakin... well, Jake Lloyd could've done it just as well.

Darth Revan

- Again, as a Dark Lord of the Sith, Revan is immensely powerful and considered to be one the most powerful of all time. According to another Sith Lord, Traya, he was power incarnate, looking at him was like "staring into the heart of the Force." He was strong enough to cause the entire Jedi Order to tremble. He was able to activate and take control of the Star Forge, a powerful Dark Side artifact, and survived the incredible Dark Side powers of Malachor V. Even after his mind was wiped, Revan regained his control of the Force extremely quickly, and the new Revan is perhaps the quickest Jedi ever trained next to Luke Skywalker.

- Revan's knowledge most likely matches or exceeds that of Darth Sidious. In a time when the Sith were very prominent, Revan not only studied every shred of knowledge the Jedi had to offer, but also studied ancient Sith holocrons, was taught by another powerful Dark Lord in a well of Dark Side energy on Malachor V, and visited Korriban as Sidious did. Knowledge was Darth Revan's fetish and it's likely he knew Sith magic as well.

- With a lightsaber, Revan is extremely dangerous. Already powerful and in control, he also has the ancient Sith holocron of Tulak Hord, the greatest lightsaber duelist to have ever lived. In addition, Revan is extremely experienced in lightsaber dueling, doing it on a regular basis and always emerging as victor.

- Tactically, Revan was a military genius. He is the almost sole reason the Republic won the Mandalorian War and very nearly destroyed the Republic despite Bastila's powerful morale controlling ability. During the Sith War, Revan purposefully left the Republic's infrastructure intact, so that even if he lost, he'd leave it stronger and more capable. He also utilized underlings like Sidious, particularly HK-47, to assassinate any destabilizing entities.

- Feats wise, Revan found and dominated the Star Forge, survived the Dark Side energies of Malachor V, converted many, many Jedi and half of the Republic fleet to his side, single-handedly defeated the leader of the Mandalorians and his army, and would have dominated the Republic, without destroying, through brute force, no subterfuge required. Arguably, Revan destroyed the Old Sith Empire, leaving the next truly dangerous Dark Lord of the Sith to be a mere Republic official - Sidious.
---------------------------------

Wow, actually, I'm surprised. I was halfway sure that Sidious would actually trump Revan, but in the end, I really think that a one on one fight would end with Darth Revan as the victor.

Darth Revan wins.

Darth_Janus
Just a tidbit, Revan defeated Yusanis, the legendary Echani warrior, in melee combat.

Wanderer259
Nothing? No arguments? C'mon!

Darth_Janus
You're right. What's to argue?

Darth_Nefarus
I admit, Revan did a lot more and fought more people, defeated more people etc. but that doesn't make him more powerful, despite having the experience edge.

Obi-Wan had a lot more experience than Anakin, but Anakin was still more powerful.

Kun-ni Habeo
revan wuld win

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I admit, Revan did a lot more and fought more people, defeated more people etc. but that doesn't make him more powerful, despite having the experience edge.

Obi-Wan had a lot more experience than Anakin, but Anakin was still more powerful.

And Obi still defeated Anakin.

Like said, Revan has more knowledge and experience.

He has fought far more Sith, Jedi, Mandelorians and Republic soldiers then Sidious even knew existed. Revan faced Jedi on a regular bases, killing them with ease.

When you see Revan on his ship before Malak blows it to bits you see that he casually chokes a Republic officer. Ignites his lightsaber only at the last minute, and is facing at least 4 Jedi Masters (yes masters, the council on Dantooine said so themselves. Only the most powerful went there to capture Revan, Bastila was there because of her battle meditation.)

Because Revan is very calm and a tactical genius you can easily assume he allowed those Jedi to board his ship to capture or kill Bastila and destroy the last chance the Republic has at winning. Not to mention if he wouldn't want them to have come on his bridge he could have either shot them out of the sky in the approach to his ship, or send a shit load of Dark Jedi there to kill the Jedi that landed. Seeing as all of them look relatively good and like they haven't been fighting a lot and because Bastila is still alive you can assume he did no such thing.

Revan let them come onto his ship, and stood there normally facing four Masters and Bastila, with only one lightsaber when we know he's capable with two as well. Which bring more power.

Not to mention that Revan did not join the fight from the start, which would have given him a great edge would he indeed have feared them. No he knew what he was doing and he just smiled at it. Fearing nothing not even those masters who were probably great and powerful Jedi Masters all highly skilled with a lightsaber (with the exception of Basitla of course)

This alone shows me that Revan was indeed a brilliant fighter and tactician and was no stranger to using people for him either. Would it not have been for Malak he would have had Bastila dead or as a member of the Sith and he would have crushed the republic even easier.

There is just no way Sidious could pull something like that off. Revan wins this fight, he has more experience knowledge and is a greater fighter

jackstain
im too lazy, and dont care enough to argue with facts.

i could, but id rather be imature about it.

Sidious would win, because Revan is a big dumb idiot-face. ha ha! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Fishy
Its nice to see that your finally admitting it

Wanderer259
As I was researching Sidious, I actually thought he was going to win. That is, until, I dug into Revan.

Additional points:

- Sidious has the Kyber crystal, yes, but Revan also has robes crafted from the Star Forge that enhance his abilities in a fight.

- Sidious' ability to cloud the council's vision can't be entirely credited to Sidious himself. Supposedly, during the pre-trilogy, the Force has shifted to the Dark Side, clouding the Light Sider's vision; in the original trilogy, the Force has shifted to the Light Side, clouding the Dark Side's vision. This is why Palpatine cannot tell Luke was on Endor.

- Revan's mastery of the Dark Side is not based on emotion or anger. He simply controls it. Darth Traya supposedly states that she, a Sith Lord, did not even believe Revan had fallen to the Dark Side at all.

In my opinion, based on all of this, Revan has the power; Sidious has cause to be fearful.

Darth_Janus
You brought up my old point about Revan letting Bastila board the Ravager. Excellent, Fishy. And you're right about Revan's control over the dark side, Wanderer...

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
You brought up my old point about Revan letting Bastila board the Ravager. Excellent, Fishy. And you're right about Revan's control over the dark side, Wanderer...

Its the only real way she could have come there... Revan isn't stupid enough to let anybody that could possibly beat him come close, he would shoot them all from a distance. Not that anybody in that time had a chance of beating him

Darth_Janus
I had thought so, too. I mean, why let any Jedi get that close? unless you're trying to lure Bastila herself into a trap. And Bastila would be an excellent prize for an ambitious Sith lord.

Fishy
Obviously, and even if they could get on the ship why not just kill them there with a lot of support instead of them letting reach your bridge... He wasn't stupid

Darth_Janus
Of course. I'm curious, though... the Officer that Revan choked... It was wearing Republic gear, but what would a Republic captain be doing on a Sith ship, unless Revan was just fed up with his captain for whatever reason?

Fishy
He was probably there with the team, a cloacked agent trying to injure Revan. Possibly for support or maybe he was the one that piloted the shuttle. Staying alone on a ship when there are hundreds of Sith onboard the thing you're docked on isn't exactly a smart thing to do.

Especially not when you consider that almost every single one of them could kill him easily. And that just adds to my point. If a normal republic soldier managed to get on the bridge then it couldn't have been heavily defended.

Darth_Janus
But he was standing behind the dark Jedi that Bastila killed right before she and her three companions advanced on Revan. I have this feeling he was a corrupt Republic official either a prisoner of Revan's or working under him, and, because he could, he choked the fool to death. Although it would be neat if he sensed an approaching cloaked officer and murdered him.

Fishy
Which is more likely imo why kill somebody who does absolutly nothing?

Its very possible that the Jedi were all busy fighting other Dark Jedi and that guy just saw his chance and attacked Revan who had his back turned. At least that seems more logical to me

Veneficus
I wonder what people would say now...

Lightsnake
When attacked, Revan was cornered. Militarily at a disadvantage and outnumbered.

When has Sidious ever used a Kyber crystal whatsoever, I'm curious now? And when Did Revan ever killed these Jedi on a regular basis? No gameplay

Darth Traya
Sidious has only ever used a "kyber" crystal in the depraved mind of Supershadow, folks.

EmperorSidious2
Sidious wins without much effort

AncientPower
10 years old...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.