All Of Star Trek Vs All Of Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthdumbledore
Right lets cut the rubbish and discuss what we all want to know who would win all the star wars galaxy or all of the star trek galaxy on planets and in space COME ON LET THE BATTLE BEGIN

Darth Destroyer
Star Wars characters would crush Star Trek characters phasers vs the force and those dark jedi are relentless killers.

ArthasKnight
The Force, 'nuff said.

darthdumbledore
BALLS THE BORG WOULD ASYMILATE ALL THE JEDI THEN YOU WOULD HAVE A BUNCH OF BORG JEDI UNSTOPPABLE I TELL YOU ALL THE SHIPS ARE BETTER BECAUSE THATS THE POINT OF BOTH DEATH STAR WOULD NEVER HAVE TIME TO TARGET THE ENTERPRISE

darthdumbledore
AND THEN I WOULD CALL Q WHO CAN DO ANYTHING HE WANTS HE IS A DIVINE BEING WHO LIVES IN A DIFFERENT DIMENSION AND CAN DO ANYTHING HE WANTED yOU MIGHT NOT BELIEVE THIS BUT HE COULD EVEN STOP THE FORCE DECIMATE IT COMPLETELY OBLITERATE LIGHTSABERS CLICK HIS FINGERS AND KILL ALL JEDI

Tormentor_2004
Vaderchokes everyone the end.

darthdumbledore
Q GOES BACK IN TIME STOPS VADERS CHOKE THEN OBLITERATES HIM INTO MATTER AND MAKING IT SO DARTH VADER NEVER EXISTED RUSH BACK NOW "REPEAT Q CAN DO ANYTHING"

Darth_Nefarus
I'm sorry, but if you think ANYONE in Star Wars could defeat a team of Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo and R2-D2, you're insane.

darthdumbledore
AND IF YOU THINK YOU ARE RIGHT YOUR INSANE READ OVER MY REPEAT Q COULD MAKE IT SO THEY NEVER EXISTED FORCE MEANS NOTHING TO A GOD IN ONE EPISODE OF TREK FOR INSTANCE HE WIPED OUT A WHOLE CIVILISATION WITH THE CLICK OF HIS FINGERS AND IT IS NOT JUST HIM THE BEINGS WATCH OVER THE UNIVERSE DOING AS THEY WISH WITH ANYONE

ArthasKnight
Q is this powerful?

darthdumbledore
ALSO LIGHTSABERS WOULD NOT PEIRCE BORG FLESH BECAUSE THEY WOULD BECOME IMMUNE TO IT GOD "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE" ALL THE SHIPS COST MORE TO MAKE AND INCLUDE BETTER WEAPONS THE BORG CUBE IS THE SIZE OF LIKE 5 DEATH STARS AND COULD NOT BE HURT STAR TREK IS MUCH MORE ADVANCED THAN ANYTHING IN STAR WARS OH YEAH GREAT MILLIENIUM FALCON KEEPS BREAKING DOWN BRILL

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, the force is "God" in the star wars universe, therefore it has the same power.

Besides, the force created Anakin, he's a divine being, in a sense. His lightsaber would slice through Q

darthdumbledore
IT OULD NOT SLICE THROUGH Q BECAUSE Q DOES NOT EXIST IN FLESH FORM HE IS THE DIVINE HE MADE THE FORCE HE MADE JEDI HE MADE EVERYTHING FOR FUN HE WOULD CREATE DARK AND GOOD JEDI JUST TO WATCH THEM FIGHT AND THEN SLAY THEM ALL

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, he didn't make the force, the force just exists, it's great that you have such devotion and all, but he is a pussy compared to Darth Vader
and Yoda
and Mace Windu
and Obi-Wan
and even Luke

darthdumbledore
WHAT HE MADE THE UNIVERSE UNDERSTAND THAT FIRST YEAH DURE YODA IS POWERFUL BUT WHERE DID THE FORCE ORIGINATE IN WHAT BEING WHAT PLANET WHAT GALAXY WHO INVENTED JEDI WHERE DID THEY COME FROM WHERE DID MIDI-CHLORIANS COME FROM WHEN DID THEY ORIGINATE WHERE DID THE STAR WARS GALAXY ORIGINATE WHO MADE IT

darthdumbledore
I WILL TELL YOU WHO Q DID IF HE WANTED Q COULD BE THE BEST LIGHT SABRE WIELDER EVER HE COULD POSSES MORE MIDICHLORIANS THAN ANYONE IF HE WANTED

Darth_Nefarus
dude, no one created the force, it just exists and will always exist forever

SnakeEyes
Dude, settle down! And please you can use lower case letters too...

ArthasKnight
The Force wasn't invented and neither were the Jedi. The Force just existes and the Jedi came into being when one realized he could feel the Force and taught others what he knew. They learned more and taught others, etc.

Darth_Nefarus
Exactly!

I can't believe he was actually trying to say Q made everything in the universe. Sorry, but one single being cannot control everything in the universe, wouldn't work.

darthdumbledore
yeah and thats what i'm trying to tell you if Q was to land on any planet he could destroy it with a click of his fingers he could click his fingers and kill anyone he choses without having to even confront them

Darth_Nefarus
but he could not destroy the force, or control all of it! the force would be like, "hey he's crazy and evil" and someone more hardass than Anakin would be created and Q would die

darthdumbledore
but Q could turn himself into a giant lightsabre if he wanted he can do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING he wants the force is not going to stop Q unless there is a jedi who is pure force also Q if someone became stronger Q would then turn himself harder than them so on so forth

darthdumbledore
hah arthas it looks like nefarus ran away through the sheer power of the star trek galaxy when will you surrender i think after you have watched a next generation with Q please do and tell me about the sheer power concealed within HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Darth Destroyer
Sounds like darthdumbledore has a hard-on for star trek especially Q.

darthdumbledore
MAN you have to bring it too that dont you just because you cant hack the fact that star trek is much better than your piddly star wars and you get one over chewbacca the nice hairy ape thing in fact thats you that is bit of python there for you but you wouldnt know about that would you being canadian and all comedy i mean

Darth Destroyer
HAHA you probably don't realize that most of the comedians in the movies you watch are canadian well the good one's anyway and we do know about monty python down here.

ArthasKnight
Well, we know the Force created Anakin when somebody messed with the universe (Sidious) and there was no way Anakin would lose to Sidious, the Prophecy tells us this. Anakin kills Sidious, like he was meant to, but is also killed. The point is though, that he was created by the Force for one purpose: to destroy Sidious.

So with that in hand, there's nothing saying that the Force could not create a being to bring down Q with all his power 'cause he's messing with the universe as well. Just as in the case with Anakin, this 'chosen one' if you will would not be able to lose to Q because the Force created him/her for the purpose of defeating Q. Yes, this 'chosen one' may be killed in the process as Anakin was in fulfilling the Prophecy, but he/she would get the job done.

jedi2187
Throwdown! Star Trek vs. Star Wars: Last One Standing!

Star Trek: several TV series and a hotel in Vegas
Star Wars: 6 movies, 5 male leads, 4 hot chicks, 3 family members, 2 generations and One Guy Who Created It All

ADVANTAGE: Star Wars

Star Trek: Annoying character= Q
Star Wars: Annoying character= Jar-Jar Binks

ADVANTAGE: none

Star Trek: Federation extends its hands in peace (shoot to kill!)
Star Trek: Empire handed the Old Republic its @$$

Star Trek: Red shirt crewmen equals quick death
Star Wars: Stormtroopers at least live long enough to make it near the end of each movie

Star Trek: Main character usually has no hair (yes, including Shatner)
Star Wars: Main characters grace the cover of Vanity Fair

Star Trek: Scotsman with eating and drinking disorder trusted to fix the engines
Star Wars: Midget stuffed in an astromech saves everyones bacon when it counts

Star Trek: Kirk gets more honeys than Winnie the Pooh
Star Wars: Luke got sugar from Leia. Brrrrrrr.....

ADVANTAGE: Star Trek

Star Trek: Most bizarre alien=Harlen Ellison
Star Wars: Most bizarre alien= Pondo Baba (c'mon, what's that hanging out of your mouth? A baby's butt or your mutated buck teeth???)

ADVANTAGE (we guess) : Star Wars

Star Trek: do they even make toys anymore?
Star Wars: Been to Toy's R Us lately?

Clear ADVANTAGE: Star Wars

Winner in this round...... Star Wars!!!!! cool

jackstain
STAR TREK IS SO D@MN STUPID!!! Seriously, i know not everyone is interested in my opinion......but STAR TREK SUCKS SO MUCH @$$ THAT IT MAKES ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF. IF I EVER MET ANYONE FROM THE CAST OF THAT ABOMINATION OF A SERIES/MOVIES, I WOULD KICK THEIR GRANDMA IN THE GUMS, AND SMASH THEM ACROSS THE FACE WITH A CANOE......EFF STAR TREK. STAR WARS RULES!

ArthasKnight
But tell us how you really feel. stick out tongue

jackstain
jedi....ur sitll awesome.

pr1983
First of all...

Q is omnipotent... he can alter the laws of physics with so much a gesture, he is for all intents and purposes a god...

There is more than one Q, there are several who use the galaxy as their own playground so much that they are actually bored...

Q could wipe out any jedi with a click of his fingers...

The Force would have to embody itself (as in personify itself) to destroy even one Q...

and what universe does this take place in?

Darth Destroyer
The force did personify itself in Anakin so he would reap a holy terror down on the Q and destroy those Omnipotent pussy's!!

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant,next to the power of the force.

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth Destroyer
The force did personify itself in Anakin so he would reap a holy terror down on the Q and destroy those Omnipotent pussy's!!

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant,next to the power of the force.

Anakin is nowhere near being the true personification of the force, Q would destroy anakin easily...

jackstain
ok here we go......

Q is none other than.....a flaming homosexual.
Anakin is none other than.....a bad@$$

star trek blows, star wars rules. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

pr1983
Originally posted by jackstain
ok here we go......

Q is none other than.....a flaming homosexual.
Anakin is none other than.....a bad@$$

star trek blows, star wars rules. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

One question... Do you know anything whatsoever about star trek?

Darth Destroyer
Well if Q is so powerful how is it that Captain Picard fool's him on more than one occasion. It seems strange to me that Mr Omnipotent can be fooled by a human!

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth Destroyer
Well if Q is so powerful how is it that Captain Picard fool's him on more than one occasion. It seems strange to me that Mr Omnipotent can be fooled by a human!

He doesnt... Q is bound by the rules of the Q continuum...

He believed humanity was meant to be destroyed, that they were the equivalent of a virus to the galaxy...

Picard managed to show him the human point of view...

Q then experienced humanity first hand and changed his ways...

He is omnipotent, infinitely more powerful than anakin...

jackstain
i know that watching it is the equivalent to watching grass grow....and that nothing ever cool happens on it ever, never in any way, ever. other than that, uh proffessor X ? mua hahaha! ST sucks! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

pr1983
i know that watching it is the equivalent to watching grass grow....and that nothing ever cool happens on it ever, never in any way, ever. other than that, uh proffessor X ? mua hahaha! ST sucks! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

thats it? thats your argument?

jackstain
well u seem to be stumped, so i geuss i made a pretty compelling one....mua ha! duh dum, duh dum Happy Dance

pr1983
well u seem to be stumped, so i geuss i made a pretty compelling one....mua ha! duh dum, duh dum Happy Dance

No, i was just disappointed... i thought you'd actually try to act like an adult... but hey, i was wrong...

jackstain
oh ya, ur a real mature adult......you go online to a star wars forum, and start arguments with people you dont know and never will. mmm, ya, ur mature as hell. Happy Dance and just for verification purposes, u did start the arguments, because i was just stating my opinion about star trek(cuz it blows) and u got ur panties in a bunch and started whinin' Happy Dance

Darth Destroyer
I hear that jackstain!!

pr1983
oh ya, ur a real mature adult......you go online to a star wars forum, and start arguments with people you dont know and never will. mmm, ya, ur mature as hell. Happy Dance and just for verification purposes, u did start the arguments, because i was just stating my opinion about star trek(cuz it blows) and u got ur panties in a bunch and started whinin' Happy Dance

No, i entered a debate... this is a star wars versus forum... or didnt you read that when you came in? that means not everyone will agree...

i'm obviously more mature than you seeing as i dont resort to gay jokes in almost every post in a futile attempt to piss my opponent off...

jackstain
ok now we are opponents? someone might be taking this a bit too seriously. lol, wow, so how long have you had all of that sand in ur vaGina? Happy Dance

jackstain
here lemme strike for u.....

"uh er eh ugh, blah blah yada yada...configuration contemplation, therefore i concur, blah, u are futile, and insognificant...yada, blah suck, weiner lick"

using big words doesnt make u smart/funny/anything but annoying.

so do us all a favor and shut the piss up.
Happy Dance

pr1983
ok now we are opponents? someone might be taking this a bit too seriously. lol, wow, so how long have you had all of that sand in ur vaGina? Happy Dance

No, you misunderstood me...

i don't consider you much of an opponent at all... i was just illustrating a point...

or didnt you get it?

pr1983
here lemme strike for u.....

"uh er eh ugh, blah blah yada yada...configuration contemplation, therefore i concur, blah, u are futile, and insognificant...yada, blah suck, weiner lick"

using big words doesnt make u smart/funny/anything but annoying.

so do us all a favor and shut the piss up.
Happy Dance

you should take your own advice...

your in a vs forum where debates take place... yet you seem to have forgotten the debate part...

jackstain
the fact that u considered the fact of having an "opponent" over the internet, is so lame, and stupid.....i mean, what would u be doing if u werent meeting ur future husband over the internet? or sitting at the ol' keyboard typing away, trying to win an endless argument with sum guy u dont and will never know........im not going to shut up, and u just seem to be getting more repetative and non-original by the minute, so shut up, change the subject,and move on with your sex-less, boring, uneventful, mediocre, computer-driven life. Happy Dance

jackstain
wow, seems like i just won? go figure. Happy Dance laughing

Darth Destroyer
Yeah jackstain looks that way to me.

jackstain
indeed, darth destroyer u are the man, and u can read, amazing....aparentely that guy cant.

Darth_Glentract
jackstain, i will totaly agree with you that Star Trek sucks

jackstain
ha ha ha, i like u guys! and wuldnt u agree i won that argument?

jackstain
pr1983......consider yourself, SMITED!

darthdumbledore
All you star wqars guys seem to be ganging up on the people that have actually watched both Star Trek and Star wars so Star Wars Sucks Because its got mark hamill one of the worst actors ever, the millienium falcon which looks disfigured and has to be hit to work you guys suck because i joined this too annoy all you complete jerks who are so obssesed with star wars you all probabaly have no friends and if you it will be some hairy disfigured chewbacca look alike just for novelty AND STAR TREK IS STILL THE BIGGEST CULT IN THE WORLD ACCORDING TO ITS MEMBERS OF WHICH THERE IS MORE THAN ALL U JERKS PUT TOGETHER

darthdumbledore
And it seems neither of you can read because you speak stupidly oh wait sorry your from america that would xplain the big ganging up on one person because your not strong enough to argue maturely i mean i could put Star Wars VS Everythhing ever and you guys would be like oh my god star wars would so win wow yeah man cool dude you american jerks

darthdumbledore
CYCLOPS YOU RULE AND YOUR FROM IRELAND ROCK ON

Naga Sadow
well i watched both SW and ST. and wtf is that shit with q and anakin?!?!
u guys brought it all to one person on each side, and there are millions of jedi and equal number of sith. so there really is no way that ST would win, even with Q cuz he was fooled by picard, so thats pretty lame.
P.S. i aint from usa i just dont like ST, and at least in US they drive on the right side.
P.S.S. Yes, Natalie Portman, Samuel L Jackson and Harrison Ford are really the worst actors. who cares about the oscars.(for some stupid ppl who didnt understand, this was sarcasem)

jackstain
darthdumbledore is just angry because hes not american, and his country sucks, and we probably smited them at one point or another!! grow a weiner, and go lose in a war or sumthing, u sack head.

Darth_Janus
Wow, I missed this?

Alright, a few things.... Since I used to watch Star Trek back when I was a small child and knew no better, I can argue this better than most of my pro-SW peers.

Q is not omnipotent. There is no such thing. Q could not make a rock so heavy he couldn't lift it. He could not will himself ultimate knowledge of the universe. He could not double check to make sure Picard wasn't making a fool of himself. No Q has ever brought back the dead. They can't. Q could also not stop his peers from stripping him of his power and making him in essence human.

As for Q being divine, that is a sad sad viewpoint there. Divinity comes from being of god, not being like god. And I mean god in the very general sense. This is something Socrates argued millenia ago, and I think he's closer to the answer than some Trekkie, for sure. If you have the time to pry yourself from your mother's basement and your ST DVD collection, pick up a copy of The Republic and perhaps you might learn something. Obviously, coming from the country that spawned the language, you didn't learn how to properly type English. I find that amusing. You shame your countrymen with your ignorance and poor typing skills.

Lastly, screw the prophecy and Anakin... Smugglers in a few Corellian freighters could eliminate any Star Trek ship. About the only ones who could even hope to contest would be the Romulans with their cloaking devices and perchant for being sneaky bastards, but even then they couldn't contend with a bunch of nimble and heavily armed ships. And the specifics of both ships from both universes has been shown elsewhere. Statistically, SW wins.

jackstain
blah blah, yada yada.....we can all argue all day,but!.....remember, hes always watching!!!

http://alf.disim.com/photos/album/alf/alf.jpg

Darth_Janus
*Shuffles geek cards* I counter attack. Tap manna and all that...

Here comes the ultimate evil...

jackstain
i see ur ugly ass baby, and raise you thiS!

http://www.dijaski.net/forum/priponke/Fat.Kid.Funny.Shirt.jpg

Darth_Janus
Curse you... Fine. I play the baby AND this!

jackstain
i guess you leave me no choice!

http://webpages.marshall.edu/~jones65/Saget.gif

Darth_Janus
Take this!

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Wow, I missed this?

Alright, a few things.... Since I used to watch Star Trek back when I was a small child and knew no better, I can argue this better than most of my pro-SW peers.

Q is not omnipotent. There is no such thing. Q could not make a rock so heavy he couldn't lift it. He could not will himself ultimate knowledge of the universe. He could not double check to make sure Picard wasn't making a fool of himself. No Q has ever brought back the dead. They can't. Q could also not stop his peers from stripping him of his power and making him in essence human.

As for Q being divine, that is a sad sad viewpoint there. Divinity comes from being of god, not being like god. And I mean god in the very general sense. This is something Socrates argued millenia ago, and I think he's closer to the answer than some Trekkie, for sure. If you have the time to pry yourself from your mother's basement and your ST DVD collection, pick up a copy of The Republic and perhaps you might learn something. Obviously, coming from the country that spawned the language, you didn't learn how to properly type English. I find that amusing. You shame your countrymen with your ignorance and poor typing skills.

Lastly, screw the prophecy and Anakin... Smugglers in a few Corellian freighters could eliminate any Star Trek ship. About the only ones who could even hope to contest would be the Romulans with their cloaking devices and perchant for being sneaky bastards, but even then they couldn't contend with a bunch of nimble and heavily armed ships. And the specifics of both ships from both universes has been shown elsewhere. Statistically, SW wins.

First of all...

When Q gave Riker the power of the Q Riker resurrected from the dead several crew members of the Enetrprise... and that was Riker...

There were several Q to strip him of his power, not just one...

is this directed at me?

I don't agree...

Star Wars ships use lasers, just larger versions of their handheld weapons (star trek does the same but they have phasers, which are more advanced), they barely use torpedoes...

Star Trek weapons are easily more advanced... Phasers and Photon Torpedoes (Never mind quantum torpedoes) have destroyed the surface of planets in minutes...

Adding shields that can withstand massive amounts of heavy weapons fire...

In ESB a star destroyer gets wrecked when an asteroid hits it, in Star Trek the ships would easily bypass such things by shooting them or using their deflector array...

Star Trek ships are just as nimble as any Star Wars ships, they even have small fighters... and the larger ships like the enterprise have advanced targeting systems that will hit pretty much anything that it needs to no matter how nimble it is...

Darth_Janus
Alright... If I missed an episode where the power of a Q entity has brought back the dead, then I take back that part of my argument. But the point remains that Q are not omnipotent, and their abilities must overide the will of the Force, which is basically a subtle current of all life in the galaxies that directs fate itself.

Secondly, I only directed the idea of Q being divine at you, I think. I could be wrong, but didn't you say Q was a divine being? If not, then disregard it.

And last, I haven't seen much that will convince me that St ships are better in fights than SW ships. For one thing, SW ships are manned usually by one pilot, unless they are larger capitol ships, and even though those are manned by enormous crews, they seem to react much better and much faster than the Enterprise does, unless the whole senior crew runs to the battle bridge and gets out the eighties joystick. I have not seen anything that shows me phasers are more powerful than blasters, especially since they are such passive weapons when you think about it. Hitting someone with a blaster is akin to aiming a rifle or pistol and firing. Hitting someone with a phaser is like tasering them, and a phaser rifle is like a supersoaker for all its pizzazz. ST isn't combat oriented, and the technology of the Federation reflects this. Also keep in mind that the SW galaxies are filled with wars, strife, and the underbelly of society everywhere you look. ST is all clean and most everyone likes one another in the Federation... such a passive show where the emphasis is on exploration, not domination.

And lastly, manpower and resources. There are thousands and thousands of galaxies and such in SW series. Thousands. Imagine each system had two inhabitable planets. Now imagine each inhabitable planet had five working star fighters. Not even capital ships, just star fighters. Now take that collosal number and pin it up against the Federation and the other stragglers. It's overkill.

Darth_Glentract
pr1983, I thought I already kicked you ass on millennium falcon vs. the enterprise, but whatever i will do it again.

Sublight acceleration: 2500G for a ISD.
Sublight acceleration: 1000G for enterprise-d

an ISD has 2.5 times the acceleration of a ship half of its mass. wow, engines over five times and an ISD has a lesser percenage of mass devoted to its engines.

Darth_Glentract
Star Wars:
Planetary destruction: Death Star blast (roughly 20 billion trillion megatons, ie- the number "two" followed by 22 zeroes). Planet blown apart at 5% of the speed of light. Even if we assume the shot was time-lapse photography (not that there's any reason to), the absolute lower limit is roughly 50 quadrillion megatons. Note that even if you scale this monster down by a factor of 10 million (to the volume of a Star Destroyer), you'd still have 5 billion megatons. More than a match for poor Enterprise.

Star Trek:
Planetary destruction: 30-ship bombardment in "The Die is Cast" (surface-level explosions create fireballs in the megaton range at most, judging from fireball duration). No sub-orbital ejecta launched from planet's surface at all. Trekkies attempt to ignore weak-kneed appearance of attack and focus on semantics in order to exaggerate the figure.

Star Wars:
Asteroid destruction: Jango Fett's seismic charges destroy asteroids in a radius of 5-10 km in AOTC.

Star Trek:
Asteroid destruction: according to Riker, it would take the entire photon torpedo payload to destroy a single 5km wide hollow asteroid in "Pegasus". In other words, it would take the entire payload of the Enterprise-D (a capital warship with a crew of a thousand) to equal just one of Jango Fett's seismic charges (a bounty hunter's weapon).

Star Wars:
Combat range: in ROTJ, combat initially occurs at ranges of a few thousands kilometres, eventually closing to a few hundred kilometres ("point blank" according to Lando) until Rebel ships are within a few dozen kilometres of the Executor.

Star Trek:Combat range: fleet actions in DS9 uniformly feature engagements at ranges of 5 km or less, just as they do in TNG's Klingon wars or Borg engagements. In "The Die is Cast", Sisko actually orders the Defiant to approach to 500 metres (while taking fire) before shooting at a Jem'Hadar attack ship, presumably due to some disadvantage incurred at longer range. The only long-ranged incidents involve stationary or near-stationary targets.

Star Wars:
Speed: travel from galactic core systems to outer rim systems ("halfway across the galaxy" as Amidala put it) is shown repeatedly in ANH, TPM, and AOTC. It is invariably same-day traffic, typically a few hours.

Star Trek:
Speed: Voyager took 7 years to crawl across part of one quadrant of the galaxy, even with repeated assists from alien races, stolen technology, and even the occasional shove from a godlike being. Not hours ... years.

Darth_Glentract
The Technobabblator

Star Wars:
"Your father's lightsabre. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster ... an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age."

Star Trek:
"Your father's fixed-length energy beam projection device. Devices like this were considered the primary close-quarters combat weapon of the Jedi Knights. This particular type of weapon requires a great deal of skill to operate, but its operating characteristics are weighted heavily toward high accuracy and repeatability. This type of weapon was well suited to the social and economic conditions prevalent in the ancient era in which it was popularized."

Star Wars:
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Star Trek:
"You should be careful to refrain from excessively optimistic tactical projections based on the operating parameters and characteristics of this battle station. There is a distinct possibility that the energy requirements for the destruction of an inhabitable planetoid may be significantly lower than the quantities of energy that can theoretically be yielded by tapping into the energy fields generated by living organisms."

Star Wars:
"Travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations you'd fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"

Star Trek:
There are significant differences in operating parameters between the process of engaging a hyperdrive propulsion system for a jump to superluminal speed, and the process of using aircraft to aerially distribute pesticides over agricultural territory. If you do not perform percise computations prior to the hyperspace jump, it is likely that your flight path will come within close proximity to dangerous celestial phenomena, such as a star or supernova. There is a high probability that a collision or close-proximity encounter with such a dangerous phenomenon would result in the premature termination of your journey."

Star Wars:
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookies are known to do that."

Star Trek:
"It is exceedingly rare for people to be overly concerned with the threat of violent retribution from an android, after defeating them in a recreational game of strategy. This is due to the fact that there are no known incidents on record in which androids have forcibly dismembered their opponents following a defeat in such a recreational game. However, it is a matter of historical fact that the species known as wookies has a distinct tendency to react to strategy game losses in just such a manner."

jackstain
o man, the ****** is back.....well seeing as how i already MANHANDLED this kid verballly...and got people to back me up in it...ill let u guys take a stab at it, cuz i dont think he really wants to get me goin again. SMITE! Happy Dance

http://alf.disim.com/photos/album/alf/alf12.jpg

jackstain
my bad, i meant for this to appear.

http://alf.disim.com/photos/album/alf/alf12.jpg

jedi2187
For those interested:

Enterprise E specs:

Length: 685 meters
Width: 224 meters
Height: 88 meters
Weight: 3,255,000 metric tons
Cargo capacity: 58,299 metric tons

Hull: Duranium-tritanium composite with micro-fiber reinforced ablative armor.
Number of Decks: 24 total, 22 habitable.

Standard - 14 Type XII phasers, 5 torpedo launchers

Source: http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/sovereign.html

Imperial Star Destroyer specs:

VESSEL TYPE:
Imperial Star Destroyer
DESIGNER/MANUFACTURER:
Kuat Drive Yards
COMBAT DESIGNATION:
Capital Ship
STARFIGHTER SQUADRONS:
72 TIE starfighters (exact composition varies)
SUPPORT CRAFT:
8 Lambda-Class Shuttles
15 stormtrooper transports
5 Assault Gunboats
Variable number of Skipray Blastboats and Gamma-Class Shuttles
PLANETARY ASSAULT SUPPLIES:
20 AT-AT Walkers
30 AT-ST Walkers
9700 ground troops
PROPULSION SYSTEMS:
Three Kuat Drive Yards Destroyer-1 Ion Engines
Four Cygnus Spaceworks Gemon-4 IonEngines
WEAPONS (STANDARD):
60 Turbolasers
60 Ion cannons

Source: http://wso.williams.edu/~rfoxwell/starwars/ships/ISD.htm

And I don't care how much Starfleet brags about their shield technology, once your hull gets pockmarked by the ISD's Ion Cannons, there's not enough red-shirt ensigns to protect you from a massive boarding party of stormtroopers, and pray that this particular vessel doesn't have a certain Sith Lord awaiting to drop in with a cold six-pack of Whup-@$$ on your crew.

Darth_Janus
Amen, brutha.

Darth_Nefarus
I think the best point I've seen yet is, any Star Trek weapon that any characters on the enterprise were wielding would never compare to a Jedi and his lightsaber.

Darth_Glentract
also, to any trekkies that may still be waiting, the Imperial Star Destroyer is a destroyer, not a battleship or battlecrusier. A light capital ship. They have ships over eleven times bigger than an Imperial Star Destroyer. Add that to the fact that there are over 25000 Star Destroyers in service at the height of the Empire, it is obvious the only thing for the Trekkies is oblivion.

Darth_Janus
Yeah. They should use the replicator to make themselves some new uniforms, cuz when they see even a fraction of the Imperial fleet, they'll crap themselves.

jedi2187
Continuity seems to plague Star Trek's universe as well. In a 'TNG' episode called 'Relics', where the crew locates a lost-in-time Scotty. Scott says that even Kirk himself got the Enterprise out of mothballs to locate him, but a few years later, we see Kirk eating boulder on some distant planet.

Must be his long lost brother Jerry Kirk that Scotty was referring to. Yeah, that's the ticket...

RevanVader
First of all...

Star Wars would kill Star Trek because the Star Trek people are communists.

But Star Wars isn't all that better. Its a theocracy based off of an eastern-religon-type "force".

But seriously, if you have all of Star Wars against all of Star Trek, Star Wars would lose. Why? Q.

Yes, Q is NOT omnipotent. In fact, I think I even heard this explained in Voyager...but Q is still extremely powerful. More powerful than the force, I'd say. Take a look at the difference:

Riker, a newbie with the power of the Q, teleports instantaneously, brings people back to life, and other such things. He also causes a boy to age into a man, a blind man to immediately see, and would have transformed a robot (Data) into a person.

That's not all. Q has created entire worlds, and fuctioning individuals (such as in the episode with Vash & Picard). He also turns people into dogs (like Crusher). He even threatens to destroy the Earth. He does everything, not by holding out his hands & breaking a sweat, but by snapping his fingers (or blinking).

What has the force done?

The force, conversely, lets people throw objects around, wield lightsabers, and shoot lightning. Even then, there seems to be a struggle involved. Darth Sidious, in Episode 3, gets charred when he uses lightning. In Episode 2, Yoda, supposedly this grand "master", struggles to lift a heavey object away from the wounded Obi Wan and Anakin. Q would have not had any trouble at all (he would have just blinked the object out of existance and Dooku, too).

exanda kane
I don't even care what your on about. Star Trek is horrid.

RevanVader
I know.

I'm not arguing FOR Star Trek, I'm arguing AGAINST Star Wars.

If Q did not exist, Star Trek would lose. They are communists. Communists lose.

exanda kane
Hmm so the nice little Koreans are under control are they?

Ianus
Q also doesn't give a rat's ass about saving the Federation. I fail to see how he's a viable solution the curbstomping the ST crew will receive.

Blind Guardian
According to the policy of the forum moderator, shouldn't this thread violate the silly "Star Warz only" idea?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.