Darth Revan Vs Master Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Destroyer
Who do you guys think would win?

Darth Revan33
It would definitely be close. Both are probably about tied in knowledge, and lightsaber combat. In Force powers Yoda would probably barely win and Revan would probably win in willpower and combat knowledge, so I say Revan.

Darth Destroyer
I think revan because it took all the jedi could muster to try to bring him down on his ship and if malak didn't fire on his masters ship revan probably would have killed those jedi,and back then jedi were much stronger than the jedi of the new republic.

Darth Revan33
Yeah, and Revan plundered everything he could about the Jedi and the Sith. Add that to his enormous potential, immensely powerful will, and that he is an amazing combat strategist, and you have a very powerful fighter. Plus Yoda is 900 years old. If he was in his prime, then this might be different.

Darth_Glentract
Revan in my opinion could beat Dooku no problem and Dooku fought of Yoda for a short time. Revan also has all of the secrets of the Sith on his side. I just hope Revan dosen't become another choosen one sort of character.

Tormentor_2004
Been done before, it has

Darth_Nefarus
Dooku held off Yoda because Yoda wasn't trying to kill him.

Yoda would try to, and he would end up killing Revan. You don't live for 900 years unless the force likes you.

Darth_Glentract
When was it ever shown that Yoda wasn't trying to kill Dooku?

ArthasKnight
Darth Revan had immense control of the Force before and after his memory wipe, he was even considered stronger after his memory wipe when his power returned greater than before. I reckon he was stronger than Master Vandar at the time and I considered Vandar to be Yoda's match in strength. I think Revan carries victory.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, I've read the ROTS novel, and there's a conversation about Anakin killing Dooku, which Yoda couldn't, while Yoda wasn't trying to kill him, just capture him for questioning.

Darth Destroyer
I agree in the old republic jedi and sith alike were far better trained and more knowledgeable about the force than those in the new republic so to be in a position of power back then you really had to be in command of the force and revan most certainly was that and some.

Darth_Nefarus
If they had more training/knowledge, then how did Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gonn and Anakin become Jedi Knight Lights?

Darth Revan33
Yes, Revan was trained in a time of war. He was trained shortly after the war with Exar Kun, he fought in the Mandalorian War for the Republic, and then he turned on the Republic, ressurected the Sith, and conquered the galaxy. Countless knights fell in battle, and far more swore allegiance to Revan during this time.

Darth_Glentract
Do you mean the ghost figures. If you do then I might remind you that they left after about five years. There could have been tons of force ghosts who eventually disappeared over time.

Darth Destroyer
Where does it show Qui-Gonn as a spirit?

Darth_Nefarus
Where does it say they leave after a few years? They can come back as often as they wish, if they wanted. Sure, Obi-Wan's spirit eventually leaves Luke, but that doesn't mean he couldn't come back.

And if there were tons of these Jedi Knight Lights, Yoda would have already known about them, due to him being one of the wisest Jedi of all time.

Darth Destroyer
I believe that those strong in the force leave behind an impression through the force that is where the spirit like figures come from.

Darth_Glentract
Obi-won told Luke the distance had become to great and was only able to contact hime through a dream.

Darth_Nefarus
Maybe Obi-Wan had to leave, but IMHO Anakin could walk around glowing it up as long as he wanted.

Darth_Glentract
I think Anakin is a special case being that he is the choosen one and all, but most Jedi would probably not be able to do that.

Darth Destroyer
Maybe that's because he was the chosen one or because his mediclorian count was so high.

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by Darth Destroyer
I believe that those strong in the force leave behind an impression through the force that is where the spirit like figures come from.

Well, 5 years after a barely trained Padawan Revan visited a crystal cave, Kreia and the Exile could sense that Revan had passed through there.

Darth Destroyer
Revan may have only been a padawan but that's only because the jedi wiped his memory so he would still be very strong in the force but he just didn't remember how to use it.

Darth_Janus
Hm. A few things...

These Jedi Knight Lights... are force ghosts. They only exist if the user is a follower of the light side of the force when they finally pass. Anakin existed because he was redeemed before he died. That's how they exist. It's not power related. Though power does dictate how long they remain. Though I must ask, if Anakin was so powerful and could stay as long as he wanted, how many times did he contact Luke after he died?

Second, Yoda was not powerful enough to take out Dooku or Sidious, and he was afraid of Anakin in a sense. Add to that that he is well past his prime and Revan was a master in the golden era of Sith and Jedi alike and we have a victory here.

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Hm. A few things...

These Jedi Knight Lights... are force ghosts. They only exist if the user is a follower of the light side of the force when they finally pass.

Not entirely true. In KotOR, Ajunta Pall was a Force ghost and he was a Sith Lord when he died.

Darth_Janus
But not a Jedi Knight Light. Difference. Sith force ghosts are actually able to be destroyed. They are more like lost forms than the guiding figures Lights are.

ArthasKnight
True.

Darth_Glentract
I notice that this also supports the idea that force ghost are capable of lasting an extremely long time and I am unsure if Adjuta Pall was stronger than Obi-won. It is strange that he still able to talk as a ghost after about21000 years (Obi-won was unable to talk to Luke afer about five), much less fight.

jackstain
though i dont know much about revan, from what i hear he's amazing. im only saying yoda because i actually know about him ,and he also is amazing......i guess this one is as close as it gets.

Darth Revan33
Yeah, I have to agree with jackstain. No matter which one won, the fight would be pretty darn close.

jedimaster2000
I too agree that this fight could go either way.

Darth Revan33
I'm surprised there hasn't been more posts on this. Look at how close the poll is...

Julie
ah now here's a good match

Kun-ni Habeo
i voted yoda but it would be a GREAT fight maybe even the greatest

Darth Revan33
true

Kun-ni Habeo
i also think revan wuld win but still i am light side fan Happy Dance Happy Dance

jackstain
ok how is it that yoda can beat revan, but no one thinks sidious can, even though he beat yoda?

Darth_Janus
More people are fans of Yoda than of Sidious. In any case, in a lot of versus threads, it's simply fan favortism.

Kun-ni Habeo
yeah true
my 2 fav jedis are revan and yoda but i chose yoda cuz im a light side fan!

Darth_Janus
Which is your right and choice, of couse.

*Reports him to the Sith for potential reeducation*

But as for Revan being good, apparently the light side ending was the true one. The chronicles were quite vague, and neccessarily so since they were basically a prelude to The Sith Lords. That being said, Revan did embrace the light once again. Even as a Sith, his actions were dark but made in earnest towards a greater good. It is said in order to become the Republic's hero he must first become it's greatest villain.

Kun-ni Habeo
i told ya he was good Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth_Nefarus
So, Janus, I'm too lazy to look at former posts, do you think Yoda could take Revan?

Darth_Janus
I knew you had embraced the Lazy side of the Force (tm).

Yoda is quite the man, but against an ancient Sith lord? Nu uh. If he beat Sidious, I would think mebbe. And while Yoda was old and wise and could tear it up with Dooku, I just have more faith in an ancient Sith lord over a Dagobah critter any day.

Kun-ni Habeo
hey stop that!
don't insult the green guy

Darth_Nefarus
But dude, Yoda's training, knowledge and experience dwarf Revan, don't they?
I think he's got in on lock.

Darth_Janus
Yoda's training and whatnot dwarfed both Sidious and Dooku. Look at the results.

Kun-ni Habeo
these are my 2 fav jedis i sholdn't have voted

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Which is your right and choice, of couse.

*Reports him to the Sith for potential reeducation*

But as for Revan being good, apparently the light side ending was the true one. The chronicles were quite vague, and neccessarily so since they were basically a prelude to The Sith Lords. That being said, Revan did embrace the light once again. Even as a Sith, his actions were dark but made in earnest towards a greater good. It is said in order to become the Republic's hero he must first become it's greatest villain.

That's only what Kreia thinks. Not to mention she does say Maybe. That is only her opinion on why Revan turned to the Dark Side. And on the chronicles it does in fact say after the fight with Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Revan journeyed etc. Revan might have thought conquering the galaxy would benefit it but I dont think he did it for the galaxy. Wiping out the Jedi and the Republic probably isn't going to help it out much, especially when he prepares an army dedicated against it. So I still believe the Dark Side is the more official ending.

Darth_Janus
LucasFilm said the light side ending was the canonical one. Later on, when I have more time, I'll see if I can bring it up on the official site.

Darth_Nefarus
Yoda wasn't trying to kill Dooku, he merely wished to capture him. Dooku knew he was going to lose, so he escaped like a coward but putting Obi-Wan and Anakin at risk.

Sidious wins mainly because he has a personal army at his desposal.

Darth_Janus
Still, Yoda is cool. But he's no sith lord. Most everyone agrees on a few things... For example, the ancient Sith and Jedi were very powerful. Lightsaber duelling has taken a turn for the worst in the years since Darth Bane came about, since things like Form II became more of an oddity and less of a neccessity (Because the Sith were more or less hidden from view. No use for lightsaber to lightsaber combat techniques.) The dark side of the force is more offensive based.

Darth_Nefarus
No, he isn't, he's a JEDI MASTER that resided on the council for at least 700 years. I mean, you don't f*ck around with Yoda unless you have an army with you, (Sidious) or you're eager to defeat your former master (Dooku)

Darth_Janus
Jedi Master is a title given to any Jedi Knight who successfully trains a padawan past his or her trials and into knighthood. Qui Gon was a master. Mace was a master. So was Kit Fisto. It's not a testiment to skill with a lightsaber or even skill with a force. It's skill with teaching and training.

And besides, Yoda was a Jedi consular, one dedicated to learning and mentoring, not out and out combat. While he was amazingly skilled, he could not contend with a Sith Lord among Sith lords in the era of Revan, a mere forty years after Exar Kun.

Dooku couldn't defeat Revan and yet he could hold Yoda off. If Yoda's working up a sweat and using the Force to keep his arthritis from crippling him, he could not hang in a battle with Darth Revan. Not at all.

Fishy
Revan probably...

Yoda may have been incredibly powerful, but lets be honest here. Revan actually fought a lot. He had a lot more actual combat experience then any jedi or Sith during Yoda his time, logic alone would dictate that he would win.

A strong but relativly unexperienced soldier can not win against one twenty times as experienced but a little weaker. I am not saying Yoda his techniques weren't excellent or that his mastery of the force wasn't great. But he simply did not fight as many opponents as Revan did, he didn't have as much training. He didn't have as much experience as Revan did.

It would probably be a close fight but in the end Revan would win purely becuase of experience.

Darth_Nefarus
I can see what you guys are saying, but you have to realize that experience with the force itself can usually defeat experience in combat. Point in case: Obi-Wan vs. Anakin

Fishy
Revan has experience in the force too... You don't study hundreds of holocrons and god knows how many other things about ancient sith and jedi without learning something about the force.

You don't become the most powerful student in an Academy without a great understanding and mastery of the force and you don't scare the republic and the jedi by just being able to fight. Revan must have had a great mastery of the force. At least close to what Yoda had but probably equal or greater

Darth_Janus
I agree. I mean, Yoda's clearly outclassed here. Maybe not overly so, but still... outclassed.

Darth_Nefarus
way, IMHO, because 800+ years of knowledge and force training gives you something I don't think Revan has.
like i said though, my opinion

Darth Revan33
Yes, but Yoda learned knowledge of peace and how to stop conflicts. Revan learned the best from both sides, in a time of war. Revan was always preparing for war so he would be ready against Yoda.

Fishy
Exactly knowing of techniques is nice, but when you only know the way of peace then a real fight would be harder for you then for somebody that grew up in war. Whose entire life was based on war. Pretty much everything Revan did was to strengthen himself and to fight a war. Besides apparantly the ancient sith lords are a lot more powerful then the more recent one's. And with Revan being about 4000 years older then Yoda he could have learned a much more and have become a lot more powerful. Not to mention that when Revan grew up it was pretty much the gold age of the Sith and the Jedi. He had a lot of powerful opponents to fight and was still seen as unbeatable. Yoda didn't exactly have something like that.

Lord Mader
Yoda, i think well revan didnt have any memory.. But still he did experience to be jedi already. That's why he learnt so quick doesnt mean he is very strong in the force and besides revan could be a boy or girl

Darth_Janus
Mader.... None of that was valid. Revan's sex (while pretty much established as being a male) really wouldn't have a bearing on his or her abilities. That is a sexist and false statement. Secondly, Revan's memory CAME BACK. Meaning, he has the knowledge of a Jedi and a Sith lord.

Darth_Nefarus
I agree with you there, but I still haven't seen anything that will ever make him compare to Yoda. Yoda has seen so much more than Revan and was far superior as a Jedi. Yes I know, Yoda is mostly a scholar, but the force is about knowledge

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I agree with you there, but I still haven't seen anything that will ever make him compare to Yoda. Yoda has seen so much more than Revan and was far superior as a Jedi. Yes I know, Yoda is mostly a scholar, but the force is about knowledge

You're hopeless. Yoda is old. He's arthritic. He's a Jedi in a time of relatively weak Jedi. True, he was perhaps closer to an ideal Jedi than Revan as far as teachings go, but in terms of combat and wartime expertise, Revan wins. It's that simple. Revan's knowledge was of Sith and Jedi. He was a master planner, and an unrivaled Sith Lord in the times shortly after Exar Kun. Yoda was.... short, green, and looked like he was having trouble keeping that rock from crushing Obi and Anakin.

Darth_Nefarus
lol, I think you're just as hopeless, even when you point out things like that :d

Naga Sadow
hmmm, Reavan conquered the republic, he claimed the title of of sith lord twice, he killed every1 who stood in his way.
yoda didnt kill any1 in the movies as far as i can remember(not jedi at least) revan has same amount of knowledge as yoda i think, and far more expirience. he is better with saber, and many said, that the force is like a storm around him. he is definatly more powerful then yoda.

Mark Jade
Yoda would win he has studied the force for 700 odd years he is by far Revans knowledge as for saber combat I don't think yoda was ever defeated I can't say the same for Revan

Darth_Janus
Revan was never defeated, either. Unless you count getting shot from afar by a capital ship being defeated. And Yoda's 700+ years of knowledge come from post-Ruusan era Jedi, who were few in number and mostly diplomats who the majority of never fought a Sith in their life. Revan made a living defeating Sith and Jedi alike.

Darth_Nefarus
I see what you're saying, but if Yoda would have lived in the times of Revan I don't think Revan could defeat him darkside or lightside, and I know Yoda would whoop some serious *ss.
I just think it's funny you treat 700+ years of Jedi training (even if they are diplomats) so lightly. The things he's seen, the people he has known etc. And if those damn Skywalkers would have listened to him there wouldn't be an Emperor Palpatine problem

Fishy
He's not saying its nothing, its just nothing compared to the knowledge Revan gathered. A lot more knowledge was avalaible to him... Not to mention that Revan fought a lot of enemy's, what the hell did Yoda fight? Yoda may have been one of the most powerful of his time, Revan was the most powerful. He was undefeated, he could not be beaten. And that in a time when there were so many more Sith and Jedi to fight... Yoda wouldn't have a real chance

Darth_Janus
More or less, yeah. Yoda is the man, and I'm sure in another age or time he would have been even better. But I think there's a reason we like Yoda and that's because he doesn't have to fight. He's a true Jedi. He fights only as a last result. And while because of that he's not the amazing saber dancer that Anakin is, or the Ninja that Obi is, he's still wise and powerful to boot.

But Revan was young and human and had the Force bursting out of his ears. He wanted to fight and fight and win. And he did. It's also a difference of perspectives.

Darth_Nefarus
I'm going to replay the game before I argue with you too much more
but I still say Yoda. I mean we never see him fight much, but you're telling me in 800+ years of being a Jedi he never had to tear it up. I think he did.

Darth Revan33
Sure he had to tear it up. But against who? Their weren't any strong opponents for him to face until episode 2. Revan constantly battled the Mandalorians, the Jedi, and the Sith. He knew war better than anyone.

Darth_Nefarus
True, but I still think Yoda has more power and is better with a saber. It's just my opinion though...

darth_sion05
yoda absolutely yoda i like revan and prefer dark side characters but yoda wins no questions asked i mean come on he is the most powerful jedi ever and revan is not the most powerful sith yoda is yoda and yoda is great.

jedimaster2000
Yoda is certainly not the most powerful Jedi ever.

Darth Mantis
Tough to say, I would go to yoda; but by a small margin.

Darth_Nefarus
Yoda is number 3 Jedi, Anakin is number 2, and Luke reaches number 1

Darth_Janus
I think we should consider that Jedi never reach the offensive capabilities of a Sith unless they give in to the dark side. Mace's power draws on both sides to some extent, and he is easily one of the best Jedi swordsman of all time. Yoda, for all his proclaimed power, wasn't able to murder Dooku in under a minute. And considering Revan could make Dooku his *****, I think the old Sith lord could whup Yoda's little green ass.

darth_sion05
yoda didnt want to kill him the dark side is not more powerful luke is not the most powerful jedi yoda in his prime could kill anyone but only if he wanted to yoda is not old and arthritic please refer to episode II lightsaber battle yoda vs. count dooku thank you for your cooperation smile

Darth_Glentract
I beg to differ about Yoda being able to kill anyone in his prime, where the hell did that come from. Anyways, Yoda was relatively speaking not much better in his youth because his form relied almost exclucively on skills with the force and those keep getting better.

Darth Mantis
I agree.

Darth Revan33
hey darth sion05: ever heard of periods or commas? lol big grin but the dark side might be more powerful and NJO Luke is most likely the most powerful Jedi, possibly even as strong as Darth Revan.

Darth_Nefarus
NJO Luke would annihilate Revan, there's no possibly
Okay,not annihilate, but he would defeat him.
Probably be Luke's greatest challenge

Darth Revan33
It would be a tough fight no matter who won. NJO Luke is badass. But so is Darth Revan.

Darth Mantis
True...

jedimaster2000
Oh yeah, NJO Luke and Darth Revan would be an awesome fight.

Darth_Janus
Whoever owns that fighting ground had better be insured.

Darth Revan33
Whoever owns that planet had better be insured.

Darth Revan33
It's really too bad you can vote without even looking at the posts, I'd bet at least 80% of votes go to whoever they initially think is stronger and 30% of that 80 go to whoever they think is cooler.

Darth_Janus
It's always that way. Hence why I rarely make polls.

Darth Revan33
so thats why...

Bobafett34
darth revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.