Revan vs. Thrawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
I think that Revan and Thrawn are two of the greatest tacticians in Star Wars. Who do you think would win in a tactics duel.

ExarKunIsMyHero
Revan would definitely win in a "tactics showdown" against Thrawn.

ArthasKnight
I think Revan's proven himself more than Thrawn has. Yes, Thrawn was a genius, besting the New Republic time after time and thinking up some truly great schemes, but we've heard much more about how Revan bested the Mandalorians so utterly that they stood absolutely no chance. Add to the fact that if Revan learned it, he could use Battle Meditation and influence his troops, an advantage Thrawn could not counter.

Julie
Revan all the way...unless of course you count the fact that GAT could call in a whole freaking armada

ArthasKnight
*cough*Star Forge*cough*

Julie
true...sith vs sith....but then again if you went light the star forge is no more....poor star forge

ArthasKnight
True as well. Hmm, this one could be close indeed. Well, Revan's still got the Republic fleet and whatever is left over from the Sith fleet prior to the Star Forge being destroyed.

Julie
One on one like we'd like to believe would happen the admiral's done for

ArthasKnight
Yes but whether or not it would happen is another matter entirely.

Julie
if they both called in their massive fleets everybody dies:-0

ArthasKnight
Ah but what if what I suggested before was true and Revan had Battle Meditation? Maybe not everyone dies.

Julie
okay everyone but Revan and a few lackies dies

ArthasKnight
Haha. So I guess with the Battle Meditation, Revan wins.

Julie
Yup, battle meditiation is a lovely weapon....if Revan had exile running the battle meditation....goodbye admiral blue

ArthasKnight
But if Thrawn has Joruus C'Baoth (clone) then it could go the other way if Revan was Exile-less.

Julie
Why do you think that? C'Baoth never struck me as all that powerful...jedi yes but enought to take on Revan?

ArthasKnight
Well, didn't C'Baoth influence the Imperial fleet much like Battle Meditation does?

Darth_Glentract
yes, Pellaeon said a 40% increase in troop efficency

Naga Sadow
well if the fleets were equal and no help offered, it would be like this:

Revan on Leviathan makes an unorthodox strategy, thrawn makes a great strategy, fleets meet, revan uses battle meditation(surely learned from bastila) destroys half thrawns fleet, thrawns eyes pop out of the sockets, revan boards a small shutle, invades thrawns flagship, makes it all the way to the bridge, puts thrawns eye back in the sockets, then pulls out his saber and anal rapes thrawn, which persuades him to give up.

revan wins

Darth_Janus
The anal invasion is a bit harsh... Settle down, man... lol

Revan would win. He was able to conquer the Mandalorians from a losing battle, and completely route them. He was a tactical genius, and though I am certain he could win without such help, Bastila and perhaps even the Exile would swing things into his favor. In any case, Revan had great foresight in battle and in politics. He wins.

Julie
Does Revan have Bastila to run the battle meditation b/c that would certainly help

Naga Sadow
well althou i am completely in favour of revan, he did however had great jedi talents like the exile and malak(traitor from afar, but still, he was only defeated by revan) and i am sure many more.
thrawn on the other hand, had a much bigger fleet, but still couldnt prevail against dying republic.

REVAN

ps. maybe i got a lil carried away with that anal raping and all smile

DarkSerpent
Revan wins He faced a far more worthy adversary tactical wise

Darth Subjekt
Really? Reviving a 3 and a half year dead thread for that?

truejedi
i can't see revan winning actually: i mean, have you read outbound flight?
the way Thrawn made an entire battle fleet, and remember, that fleet was supposed to destroy FIVE ships full of JEDI. that's how deadly that fleet was supposed to be, and thrawn destroyed it with the equivalent of a squadron of fighters.
All we have to describe Revan's exploits in tactics are the quotes of people that revere revan (Mandalore, Bao Dur, etc. ) we don't actually know HOW he did it. Remember, Revan is human, so Thrawn has studied human art, and by that figured pretty much exactly how to defeat every human he encountered.

Great Vengeance
Well according to Handmaiden Revan was capable of envisioning how entire battles would go with his pre cog before they happened. Its the pinnacle of what the Echani try to achieve.

Tangible God
I think it's kind of unfair for Revan to use Force-enhanced precognition. Thrawn kicked tactical ass without it, so I can't see Revan winning without the Force.

I miss Glentract.

Enyalus
Admiral Ackbar would put them both to shame. Gotta love Captain Obvious.

It's a trap!!!

But seriously, Revan is full of win.

Faunus
Originally posted by Tangible God

I miss Glentract. Supposedly he knocked someone up. At sixteen.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
Revan wins He faced a far more worthy adversary tactical wise What the **** is your problem pal? Why do you keep reviving ancient threads?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Faunus
Supposedly he knocked someone up. At sixteen. If that's true... I dunno, he's a moron then.

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
What the **** is your problem pal? Why do you keep reviving ancient threads? I used the search b4i made the thread...

Tangible God
I used the search b4i made the thread... Better to just read what was said already then, or at least offer something constructive.

DarkSerpent
Thrawn had equal or betters troops compared to his opponents.

Revan had the ain't-worth-a-shit Old Republic soldiers.

Thraw opponents were used to using overwhelming force or guerilla tactics to win BATTLES. Neither as a whole had much foresight in winning a war.

The Mandalorians entire culture was based on warfare. They knew pretty much everything there was to know about any-type of confict.
Their commanders were capable of brilliant tactics again and again.

And the Old Republic Fleet was all but defeated and he still managed to pushed them back an defeated them.

Revan ftw.

Constuctive enough?

Tangible God
Thrawn had equal or betters troops compared to his opponents.

Revan had the ain't-worth-a-shit Old Republic soldiers.

Thraw opponents were used to using overwhelming force or guerilla tactics to win BATTLES. Neither as a whole had much foresight in winning a war.

The Mandalorians entire culture was based on warfare. They knew pretty much everything there was to know about any-type of confict.
Their commanders were capable of brilliant tactics again and again.

And the Old Republic Fleet was all but defeated and he still managed to pushed them back an defeated them.

Revan ftw.

Constuctive enough? Much better.

Thrawn's aim was to place himself on the Imperial Throne. He'd have to win a war with the New Republic to do that.

Successful use of guerilla tactics is a measure of one's brilliance.

Revan knew the Mandalorians most obvious flaw was their love of battle. It's not too hard for someone as intelligent as him to put that knowledge to his advantage. Thrawn meantime was working with a deeply fractured Imperial Remnant (unofficially named so) split by warlordism and Republic attacks.

He rose to power using only a few initial Star Destroyers, took back 1/3 of Republic territory, killed 10% of their forces, wounded another 30%, and that being just an average doesn't actually include the world Thrawn hit. All that in one year.

Damn, I'm gonna read the Thrawn trilogy again. Best SW books IMO.

Lord Knightfa11
Thats one thing I never got however. If I want to debate on duku vs himself at age 2, and I do a search for it, like a good boy, I see it, i go in it, and now wtf am i supposed to do? Im not allowed to revive old threads so i might as well just make a new one...

Tangible God
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Thats one thing I never got however. If I want to debate on duku vs himself at age 2, and I do a search for it, like a good boy, I see it, i go in it, and now wtf am i supposed to do? Im not allowed to revive old threads so i might as well just make a new one... I think you should be allowed to re-create a thread if it's been some years. Most of the members who posted back then aren't around, and it's interesting to see what newer ones with newer sources would make of it.

Lord Knightfa11
okay *look of confusion lifts*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.