Batman runs the martial arts gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Ok, pure martial arts, hand to hand combat. No weapons and no utility belt. After each bout Batman heals to 100%. How far does he get?

Jubilee(warm up)

Black Widow II(Captain Yelena Belova)

Black Widow 1(Natasha Romanov)

The Punisher

Robin(Timothy Drake)

Connor Hawke

Elektra

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Nightwing

Deadpool

Wolverine

Captain America

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

Hand to Hand, close quarter combat. Each battle takes place in a neutral setting. It takes place in park with a large open space, and level ground/grass. How far can he get? Can he through all of them?

Debate.

pr1983
Does logan have adamantium?

King Burger
I'd put Black Widow I (don't know about II) over Punisher,
as hse is probably a better-trained figher.

Nightwing is a bit too high, should be lower than DD and
Elektra I think.

Also, Wolverine, a 100+ year old super-trained fighter,
should be higher than Captain America, and maybe
Deathstroke.

Batman stopped by Captain America.

MatchesMalone
Hey, Sentry, do Wolverine and Deadpool have their healing?

Deathstroke kinda messes up any martial arts tournament. He has enhanced speed, strength, reflexes, and uses 90% of his brain. He would beat the living hell out of Batman and any other fighter that doesn't have some kind of enhanced abilities. But, if you take away Deathstroke's enhanced abilities, it is pretty much impossible to guess how good he would do. Considering that I have never seen him operate as a regular guy.

Sentry
Here I changed the order a bit.

Jubilee(warm up)

The Punisher

Robin(Timothy Drake)

Connor Hawke

Elektra

Nightwing

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Deadpool

Captain America

Wolverine

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

How's that? I know Deadpool has beaten Taskmaster before, but if they fought again, Taskmaster would hand him his A$$. I believe Shang Chi is the greatest hand to hand combatant there, that's why he's last. It goes from the top to bottom. Weakest to strongest or best. This is bone claw Wolverine. Sorry for not clarifying. Yes they have their healing powers. Even though they have their healing powers doesn't mean they can't be knocked out. What I've heard from people on this forum, Batman has beaten Deathstroke before, so that's why he's on this list.

MERCILOUS
If all he has to do is beat them down for a few seconds (so as to get buy guys with healing factors) then he gets all the way up to Shang Chi and then loses.

Elektra and DD are fine where they are (in relevance to Nightwing.)

Bats has already taken Deathstroke. Slade said something like "If it weren't for my enhanced senses I wouldn't even be able to keep up" And i think that was in his comic where he beat Bats.

BENITO
Originally posted by Sentry
Ok, pure martial arts, hand to hand combat. No weapons and no utility belt. After each bout Batman heals to 100%. How far does he get?

Jubilee(warm up)(no martial arts history)

The Punisher(no martial arts history other than marines)

Robin(Timothy Drake)

Connor Hawke

Elektra

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Nightwing

Deadpool

Wolverine

Captain America(no martial arts History)

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

Hand to Hand, close quarter combat. Each battle takes place in a neutral setting. It takes place in park with a large open space, and level ground/grass. How far can he get? Can he through all of them?

Debate.

well I added some notes to your joke of a gauntlet
and no Shredder or other TMNT characters it's too easy for him.
what a joke.

Magee
Its basically Batman warming up until he gets to Captain America. They have stale mated each other before so it could go either way.

K3VIL
Deathstroke possess healing abilities which level is near to that of Wolverine, DeadPool is actually immortal and heal faster than Logan, the main point is that both those 3 killing machines possess a level of endurance and stamina that Batman can only dream to possess.
He'll tire and then get shattered into the ground.Plus you're forgetting that being hitted by Logan fists covered by adamantium is not a good thing.
Interesting you're assuming that in a rematch DP will be beaten from TaskMaster.Pool is crazy and bastard, he would probably outsmarth TM through using the valzer to fight him instead of macarena.

pr1983
Originally posted by BENITO
well I added some notes to your joke of a gauntlet
and no Shredder or other TMNT characters it's too easy for him.
what a joke.

You are kidding? Batman would waste the turtles...

Heracles
Um Ive got a few issues of DareDevil where he beats the Taskmaster hand to hand.......

On that list you have Deadpool, Capt, Deathstroke, Shang Chi and Wolverine all these guys have a good chance of taking Batman hand to hand and either winning or stalemating him just depends which one he meets first.

I say he gets to Deadpool but can't get past him.

Zahit
Captain America, Taskmaster, and Shang Chi are the only ones here
who can conceivably beat Batman in a strict hand-to-hand setting.

ZephroCarnelian
Good call Zahit. I'll agree with you on that.

Batman is one of the coolest heroes ever. How can he be such a legend, and so successful, with no power?

Cos...

He's the Man! big grin

Zahit
Taskmaster is usually underwritten. He has photographic reflexes.
He can mimic any actions he studies, except superhuman actions.
Batman will study his style, then suddenly the dude switches to
another. This will definitely give him problems.

KharmaDog
I'd say, Elektra, Deadpool and Wolverine could beat him, not every time, but they definately have the tools to do it.

I also think that Daredevil, Captain America, Taskmaster and Shang Chi can all beat Bats in hand to hand combat. I'll add Black Panther to that list as well.

Sentry
Crap, I forgot about T'challa.

demigawd
These people can beat Batman hand to hand:

Connor Hawke

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Captain America

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

Not to mention people like Black Panther, Shiva, Karate Kid, Richard Dragon and Iron Fist.

Batman is a good martial artist..very good. But it's not his martial arts that makes him the best at what he does. It's EVERYTHING. This thread is limited to martial arts - Batman would lose more often than you think.

Scoobless
Stick Iron Fist at the end of the list as he would be able to kick any of these guys asses.......even Shang Chi

spetznaz
Originally posted by Sentry

Jubilee(warm up)

The Punisher

Robin(Timothy Drake)

Connor Hawke

Elektra

Nightwing

Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl)

Deadpool

Captain America

Wolverine

Deathstroke

Taskmaster

Shang Chi

How's that? I know Deadpool has beaten Taskmaster before, but if they fought again, Taskmaster would hand him his A$$. I believe Shang Chi is the greatest hand to hand combatant there, that's why he's last. It goes from the top to bottom. Weakest to strongest or best. This is bone claw Wolverine. Sorry for not clarifying. Yes they have their healing powers. Even though they have their healing powers doesn't mean they can't be knocked out. What I've heard from people on this forum, Batman has beaten Deathstroke before, so that's why he's on this list.

Couple of things.
First of all you put Connor Hawke too low on that list. He is one of the top DC martial artists, and currently is at the same level as Richard Dragon and just below Shiva (and arguably Cassandra). He is so good that Shiva trapped him (and Richard Dragon) to participate in a death match against her.
Connor Hawke is also the current 'Silver Monkey.' That is the highest martial arts award possible, and based on that ranking he is the best (technically he is not since Shiva could beat him, but based on that award he is).
There is no way Connor Hawke is below people like NightWing (he could beat N'wing with his eyes closed) and Elektra. He should technically be below Cassandra.
Anyways, good thread overall.
I'd say Batman would win with RELATIVE ease (not with ease, just relative ease) all the way to Connor Hawke (if you were to put him where he should be .....past people like Elektra and NightWing). I think Batman would win Connor, but Connor Hawke would be the first person who MIGHT stop the Batman. Cassandra Cain would also be another tough nut to crack. While she is technically better than Batman i feel that if push came to shove Batman could take her out.
Captain America would also be a tough nut to crack, but i think if Batman really needed him out of the way he would win.
Serious problems start to arrive when we get to Wolverine.
I am assuming Wolvie will have his healing factor.
The problem with Wolvie is that Batman would need his toys to beat him. After all Batman is just a man, albeit a super-trained one! At a certain level he would need toys to get through, and Wolverine is the first character where this would be a NECESSITY.
Deathstroke and Taskmaster also fall within the same category as Wolverine. Batman would need his toys to even have a chance, and even then he would be facing a cart-load of trouble.
One of those three would take out a tool-less Batman .....and i think it would be Wolvie (since Bat's would probably not pass by him).
Thus without his toys Batman rises pretty fast until he gets to Connor (in my revised list), has serious problems with Connor Hawke and Cassandra Cain, as well as some issues with Cap America, and then gets beaten by Wolverine since Batman has no toys to use against Wolvie's feral nature and healing factor.

JWangSDC
Captain America and batman are dead even, but the tiniest advantage is ALWAYS given to Captain America. Its kind of like Captain America and Batman at peak are even, but Captain America is at peak more often than batman is.

In martial arts, batman is not taking down Wolverine, Deathstroke, or Shang Chi. I feel like vs Connor Hawke, it'st he same deal as vs Captain America, only this time batman gets the edge.'

To be honest, I think Daredevil has an edge over batman, but I'd label them pretty even. Elektra could theoretically beat Batman too.

But most importan t of all, you have to remember that some of these characters are not main characters so they can't be really used. Like Lady shiva is the best martial artist, but batman takes her out in one blow in Superman/Batman 4. WtH was that? It's cuz she's not a main character so they don't carea bout her anymore.

Spetznaz I totally agree with you, Cassandra Cain is the better fighter, but it just feelsl ike if push came to shove, batman will end up on top.

jplatinum
Captain America was fighting Commies so I give it to him.

"Kick their Nazi butts, Cap"

srankmissingnin
Batman has almost no chance of getting passed Connor Hawke in h2h and the only person after Connor who he has a chance of beating is Nightwing.

Scoobless
Originally posted by jplatinum
Captain America was fighting Commies so I give it to him.

"Kick their Nazi butts, Cap"

Captain America is a mental........ he thinks everyone is a commie....must be all the drugs he's on that make him so paranoid

http://www.fanboyplanet.com/comics/images/js-capslap.jpg

cdtm
Nice thread, worth a bump.

Originally posted by Adam Warlock

Jubilee(warm up) - Bruce, naturally.

Black Widow 1(Natasha Romanov) - Batman.

Black Widow II(Captain Yelena Belova) - Batman

The Punisher - Batman in a stomp.

Robin(Timothy Drake) - Batman.

Connor Hawke - Batman, but it's close.

Elektra - Elektra.

Nightwing - If he didn't lose to Elektra, he'd clear Nightwing.

Daredevil - Daredevil

Cassandra Cain(Bat Girl) - Cass, solidly.

Deadpool - Batman.

Captain America - Toss up. Cap is stronger and has more endurance, Batman is more skilled...

Wolverine - Batman.

Deathstroke - Slade.

Taskmaster - Taskmaster.

Shang Chi - Shang Chi.

Yeah, Shang Chi is by far the best h2h combatant.

Q99
Whoa, ancient thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.