Chappell Corby

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beach_baby_279
Do u think Chappell Corby is guilty or not!!!!!! sad

LanİeWindu™
Who is that?

beach_baby_279
she was on the news caz she had a shit load of drugs hidden in her surf board bag and now she is in jail for something she didnt do!!!!

pr1983
The drugs were in her(whoever she is) bag and she didnt do it?

Have you got a link or something?

beach_baby_279
i no i so dont believe she did it

pr1983
Originally posted by beach_baby_279
i no i so dont believe she did it

Have you got a link or something... where did you see this story?

Jackie Malfoy
Yea I think she is guity.JM

ChickinMeat
i havnt a clue what this is about

beach_baby_279
do u no how they are going to kill her they were going to put a paper bag over her head and stand her in front of a wall and have about 8 guys shoot her down! to me that is really sad i was at her parents shop yesterday!!!!!

Kosta
Poor girl, she didnt deserve that, considering she didnt do it. This is gonna raise so much hell sad

BadKitty
was this the same girl smuggling dope in to a foreign country? how didn't she do it..I haven't heard much about it.

Gen. Grevious
Poor chapel.......

Mist
gdf forum maybe? wink

spidergrl
Originally posted by BadKitty
was this the same girl smuggling dope in to a foreign country? how didn't she do it..I haven't heard much about it.

She was caught carry kgs of dope into thailand? (some place) and it just seemed so obvious that she didn't do it.

I mean, theres police busting people all the time, and here is an australian beauty artiction person caught with all this dope. I mean, how dumb do you need to get.

Thats why most people are like she didn't do it, because it would have been so dumb. Personally I don't believe she did it either.

But anyone, she got 20 years jail ae?

Its not too bad, because what happens now, is the Australian government will ask for a home prison sentence where she can spend the prison time in australian prison, where she'll then get home detension and that will be it.

But its sad, yes!

BadKitty
wow thats pretty intense...hope your right,hope she gets to go to a Australian prison

Kosta
She was caught in Bali, her luggage was weighed in at Sydney airport, and then again in Bali, but the act that the weight increased when she wouldn have had NO way to access it, suggests that it was smuggled in to bag. It was poorly concealed, I mean it was just a plastic bag FULL of dope, in a boogey board bag. You would have to be REAL stupid to do that, like begging to be caught. They did a backround check on her, and she is like the model citizen. There was so much corruptin during the court case as well, the defence didnt even get to present a proper case. It was just blatant disreguard for her case. Absolutely shoking. She WILL have to stay in the Bali prison, but there are talks that she plans to appeal her case to the high court, wchich is on a world stage, sso all the stupid corruption may not go down as well. I hope it goes well.

BlackC@t
I know she didn't do it. The court just wants to be tough.

BakaXero
I heard that theyre trying to make a one off deal so she can serve her jail sentence in Autralia

Imaginary
Well, she's been found guilty and sentenced to 20 years jail.

beach_baby_279
i wrote a letter to john howard and he said that here is nothing he can do about it i was like bull shit!

spidergrl
Yea. I reckon that thats what will happen in the end!

Imaginary
There's a thread about this in the GDF wink

Imperial_Samura
For those who don't know this is a really big case in Australia right now. The girl in question went to Bali, drugs where discovered in her bags, about 4kg of cannabis, and she was arrested and for a time was facing the death penalty before the Bali legal system, in agreement with our government made it so she would only be facing a life sentence (20 years or more).

However she claims she didn't do it, and there is a fare bit of evidence it could have be placed in her bag as part of a bigger drug smuggling ring that has recently come to light (popular strategy for the drug lords not to risk their own lives smuggling them, just plant them on some ignorant traveller). The problem a lot of people have is that despite reasonable doubt from the beginning the Balinese courts showed little interest in this and a lot of people claim just wanted a conviction, and ignored this other evidence.

As it is she has been found guilty today, and is going to serve 20 years in an Indonesian jail. Personally I don't know whether she is guilty or innocent, but I do think death, or 20 years is somewhat harsh for a first time offender, with a small amount of a non "hard" drug. A lot of people have also drawn parallels with the Bali bombings pointing out how the ring leader and a know terrorist is looking at 3 years (less now) while a drug conviction carries such a harsh penalty.

Cid
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura

As it is she has been found guilty today, and is going to serve 20 years in an Indonesian jail. Personally I don't know whether she is guilty or innocent, but I do think death, or 20 years is somewhat harsh for a first time offender, with a small amount of a non "hard" drug. A lot of people have also drawn parallels with the Bali bombings pointing out how the ring leader and a know terrorist is looking at 3 years (less now) while a drug conviction carries such a harsh penalty.

that's whack isn't it?? poor girl. i think she's innocent. all of the evidence doesn't add up

Imperial_Samura
True, far to harsh, especially if she is innocent. In their reasoning the judges said the defence hadn't presented a good enough case, remarkable to think then that the whole thing is "guilty till proven innocent", which just seems wrong.

Cid
poor girl. with all the evidence i've seen she looks innocent

BackFire
Uh, so she had a bunch of drugs on her, but she "didn't do it"?

How's that work? You guys think it was planted on her or something?

Trickster
Read up, dude.

If the bag weighed less at the airport of departure than at arrival, then someone must have put it there. (That someone not being her)

But I know nothing about the case.

spidergrl
She wouldn't of done it! queen

yerssot
Imperial_Samura, you forget one thing: the Thai government doesn't make a difference in hard and soft drugs, they judge it on the same scale

spidergrl
They judged it on - she was caught with them. she's guilty. end of story!

tabby999
i see this as another case of the australian government doing nothing so as not to ruin their chances of drilling for oil in the Timore sea. i think she was innocent but she had to know she wasn't leaving the court free, the judge who tried her case has NEVER found ANYONE innocent in over 20 years of being a judge. she should be stoaked getting 20 years, better than a cigrette and a bullet.

yerssot
Originally posted by spidergrl
They judged it on - she was caught with them. she's guilty. end of story!
have you read the entire report that now lies in front of the judge or do you base yourself on nationality and subjective news articles?

(with this I do not say she is guilty)

spidergrl
Originally posted by yerssot
have you read the entire report that now lies in front of the judge or do you base yourself on nationality and subjective news articles?

(with this I do not say she is guilty)

you miss-understood me. I believe on everything that she's innocent.

Im saying, thats how their courts work. they find someone breaking the law then they're guilty, end of story. They don't care about evidence or jack all!

Imaginary
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/generic.aspx?sectionid=1697

Information on the Corby case smile

spidergrl
thank you so much Trish stick out tongue

Imaginary
Oh, hush! stick out tongue

spidergrl
don't you tell me to hush young one! schmoll

Imaginary
Young one! cry

spidergrl
i am nearly 3 years older then you stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
For those who don't know this is a really big case in Australia right now. The girl in question went to Bali, drugs where discovered in her bags, about 4kg of cannabis, and she was arrested and for a time was facing the death penalty before the Bali legal system, in agreement with our government made it so she would only be facing a life sentence (20 years or more).

However she claims she didn't do it, and there is a fare bit of evidence it could have be placed in her bag as part of a bigger drug smuggling ring that has recently come to light (popular strategy for the drug lords not to risk their own lives smuggling them, just plant them on some ignorant traveller). The problem a lot of people have is that despite reasonable doubt from the beginning the Balinese courts showed little interest in this and a lot of people claim just wanted a conviction, and ignored this other evidence.

finally about 30 posts later someone is nice enough to clue us ignorant people into the story. thanks. The situation sounds hairy. It is hard to argue when the drugs were found on her person. Death is of course extreme. twenty years sounds about right. Unless there is iron clad evidence saying she is innocent she has to be reprimanded, but it sounds like she is more or less being portrayed as an example.

spidergrl
and the australian government will make a deal and get her to spend the rest of her sentence in an australian prison ...... its going to happen! yes

yerssot
you miss-understood me. I believe on everything that she's innocent.

Im saying, thats how their courts work. they find someone breaking the law then they're guilty, end of story. They don't care about evidence or jack all!
so, you have absolutely nothing to base yourself on? She's innocent because of what then?

Yes, the court there is hard when it comes to drugs, but does that mean they don't investigate? Do you have any cold hard facts about this or do you just say it?

Imaginary
I think what Hayley means, Yerss, is "innocent until proven guilty."

tabby999
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
finally about 30 posts later someone is nice enough to clue us ignorant people into the story. thanks. The situation sounds hairy. It is hard to argue when the drugs were found on her person. Death is of course extreme. twenty years sounds about right. Unless there is iron clad evidence saying she is innocent she has to be reprimanded, but it sounds like she is more or less being portrayed as an example.

death is totally normal in the indonesian legal system. the drugs being planted there is also probable too.

yerssot
Originally posted by Imaginary
I think what Hayley means, Yerss, is "innocent until proven guilty."
gotcha

Imaginary
wink

spidergrl
Originally posted by yerssot
so, you have absolutely nothing to base yourself on? She's innocent because of what then?

Yes, the court there is hard when it comes to drugs, but does that mean they don't investigate? Do you have any cold hard facts about this or do you just say it?

Edited for the fact of not wanting shit in return happy have a nice day ]

Imaginary
Eeeep messed

*SpunkiE*
My family and i were talking about this the other day and it turned into a bit of a debate.

Is it true she hesitated before opening the boogie board bag, and instead opened the front first?

Ahh well, the only person who knows this is Chappelle...

spidergrl
yes

Clovie
it is the same as it was with Bridget Jones eek!

Edited for the fact of not wanting shit in return happy have a nice day ] you're scared of him? huh

spidergrl
Originally posted by Clovie
it is the same as it was with Bridget Jones eek!

you're scared of him? huh

yes the same! happy

he wishes roll eyes (sarcastic) I actually started swearing and Trish told me that it would get pee brain worked up ....... so I edited smart

Imaginary
I didn't say that it would get him worked up huh It just gives me the creeps when two people I like disagree messed

Clovie
so mark darcy will coma and take her out of the prison happy

swearing is never good erm

and i don't understand your point, Trish What the f**k?

happyjackslade
I was talking to a friend about Cappell Corby just yesterday.
He told me that he and his friend went to Bali some time back.
The same guy that found the drugs in Chappells bag was on duty.One of my friend put his valuables"video camera and some other stuff on the xray machine to be scanned.Now i use to work at the the airport and use to do this type of work so i know whats going on here.
They got to the end of the scanner grabbed their stuff and walked off.They stoped cause they remembered they forgot the camera.They went up one of the guys working at the machine,yes the same guy who found the drugs in Cappells bag.They asked if this guy had seen the camera.Reply was no.my mate stood there dumb founded for a sec then he reached into his pocket and pulled out a $100 not and handed it to the guy.He took the money.They asked again.Did you see the camer,He replied i think so.The camera was worth about $1300.Reached into his pocket and gave the same guy another $100.Asked again,Did you see anything?The guy replied,I may have.Into the pocket he went and handed over another $100 and the guy reached under the table and handed him the camera.My friends dumbfounded at what just occurred just grabbed the camera and left the airport not wanting to have anything more to do with this guy.I asked why they didnt complain to someone?They replied he could just as easy have planted something on us and we just wanted out of there.They just thought the guy was going to point them in the right direction,not pull it out and handed it to them.

yerssot
I fail to see how you can get riled up about something as silly as this convo, but if you feel the need to swear, I'm not stopping you

everyone is entitled to their opinion, you believe she's innocent ... can you still tell me why though?
I think that the court there, certainly if there is international press, is not that corrupt as some try to show it as

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.