The "Da Vinci Code" Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dAgEnIuS
I DYING to see Da Vinci Code the movie!!!@@

I LOVED the book....

I heard it is gonna be out in 2005, but you neva know..

I wonder who they are gonna use....... confused

jeffer_wrote
who they are gonna USE.....what a word...lolz...

a lot of names come up for Robert Langdon, among them George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Russell Crowe....y'know, the usual suspects...

i dunno....i think the character of Robert Langdon requires someone with...credibility. lots and lots of it. not just hunk factor...besides, the Langdon books were never about how he looks like...

dAgEnIuS
Brad Pitt is sooooooooo not Langdon....

I saw in a some website that Kate Beckinsale (Pearl Harbor) is gonna be

Sophie....

jeffer_wrote
wha...?

man...I can't picture Kate Beckinsale for a Frenchwoman-who-belongs-to-a-royal-line-such-as-the-one-in-the-book....

a friend mentioned Edward Norton as Langdon, add some weight, maybe....whattya think?

dAgEnIuS
Edward Norton,,,, hmmmm

I guess he could be... but he kidda looks to "cool" to be Langdon

you can find some "rumored" informations about the movie in this

website...

http://movies.go.com/movies/D/davincicode_2004/

jeffer_wrote
too cool to be Robert, eh? hehehe, but you gotta admit, i think he could pull off the 'dazed & confused' and 'bewildered' look pretty nicely...

ok...let's see...other prospects....
George Clooney...gulp...nope...too Maximus, gladiator-ly...
Tom Hanks...too....Old?
George Clooney...i find him quite bland at times...
Hugh Jackman...not another Aussie! lolz....kidding....no.

man....tough.

find a lesser-known actor, then...

dAgEnIuS
man, jeffer_wrote and i are the only people posting comments in thiis page,,,

jeffer_wrote
give it time, dAgEnIuS....people will catch on soon...let 'em read the book first....nyahahaha!!!!

no, seriously, news about the film adapataion of this book is quite slow and rare...i guess that's the reason most haven't caught on just yet...

nemo
agree with you guy, brad pitt and clooney not good for this role, i want someone a bit old, and goodlooking in a bookish kind of way.that jeff guy fron mirror with two faces might be good.
but should they make angel and demon first?
but i think da vinci code is a better book.

trav6612
oh i can't wait for this to come out, and I hope Kate beckinsale is sophie cause she is gorgeous.

dAgEnIuS
Da Vinci Code may be the best one to read, but I think Angels and Demons is the better one the "see".
Cuz the Da Vinci Code can be pretty confusing with all the history of religion kind of things, but Angels and Demons, there is more actions and killing...
But the best one to make the movie about of is the "Deception Point" also written by Dan Brown...
It should be soooo much better to see on the movie than either "Da Vinci Code" or the "Angels and Demons"... yes

Anyways, Da Vinci Code should make more money...

dAgEnIuS
Hey dudes!~!
I just found out who the casts are gonna be....
It is in the www.themovieinsider.com and Langdon is going to be Russell Crowe and Sophie would be Kate Beckinsale..
I'm "ok" with Kate Beckinsale being Sophie, but Russell Crowe.... no
Somehow i just don't think he fits the character... no

ash007
Harrison Ford wink

Looks perfect to me

MildPossession
Well Ron Howard is directing last time I heard, so could be good. But then I still need to read the book lol.

Darth Revan
Harrison Ford would be good as Langdon yes

soylentorange
;_; Not a movie of that horrible book ;_; Besides that it was a page-turner, what did people like about it??

dAgEnIuS
uh...
everything?!... no expression no expression

Lord Soth
Yeah, everything

Ron Howard is directing, that's for certain. I suggest Aidan Quinn as Langdon and Drew Barrymore as Sophie

Darth Revan
Everything... And the fact that it exposed Christianity for the complete fabrication it is

trav6612
I think russle crowe would do a good job as Langdon but I have to agree Harrison Ford would have made an incredible langdon. He would have been superb. Kate Beckinsale as Sophie, she will do a great job and she is hot so that makes it even better

dAgEnIuS
totally agree with trav6612 yes

dAgEnIuS
yay! we are in the second page!@ Happy Dance Happy Dance

jeffer_wrote
all thanks to ya!!!!! lolz

trav6612
and me too

jeffer_wrote
oh yeah....sorry, mate. You, too...! smile

soylentorange
I hope that people realize that book is fiction, not the 100% straight-up truth...=\

dAgEnIuS
yeah of course, but isn't all the religion stuff there real?? confused

trav6612
some of it, but there is a lot of speculation in the book, that isn't completely real, it is his hypothetical assumptions based around some facts, not all of them. I don't doubt that some of them are true though

SaTsuJiN
is it going to be a character facing the trials of the book? or is it basically going to be book to movie (you being the puzzle solver)? if its the latter that could become difficult confused

trav6612
If figure it will be like the book, that way they don't get to many people upset by going a different way.

greyboy
LOL!! I was sure that I was walking into a thread about National Treasure (new flick with nic cage) when i saw the title....BUT....

this sounds awesome!! i will be very anxious to see how this turns out.

dAgEnIuS
um... I have nothin to say, but im postin this cuz i think this post is dying... just tryin to move it up on the list...

Evil Resident
The book will be made into a movie? Excellent!

jeffer_wrote
it should, otherwise what would be the point of using the title Da Vinci Code? man, if they change the film, i'd be one pissed off Robert Langdon fan!!!!

orient_celts
I only heard it yesterday at a cable show. I better hussle and get a copy of the books.

jeffer_wrote
yeah, you should read the book, just to get an idea, then lemme know who you think should be Robert Langdon...

darktim1
all I have to say is that the DA vinci code is a bunch of crap it tells a stupid story that is a lie and the only reason why they are making it is because mel gibson made the passion that was good film this will just be to make more money for the those butheads in hollywood who did'nt support the passion.

jeffer_wrote
well....

to each his own....

*wink wink*

Walfredo
I think Harrison Ford is on the right track for Langdon, but he is a little too old. I wish there was some 40-45 year old equivalent to play that part. And I think that Jennifer Connelly would be good for Sophie.

jeffer_wrote
oh, yeah, jennifer could pull it off, just be a redhead, and be french-sexy...kate beckinsale's also pegged for the role of sophie, or so i heard....

and yeah, ford would be an ideal langdon, except for the age...

Tired Hiker
I think it should be Harvey Kietel. I don't know why, he barely fits the profile, i just think it would be funny. smile

jeffer_wrote
Harvey Keitel's what....64-65-ish? i don't think he'd be the greatest choice...

but you're right, it sure would be funny...smile

jeffer_wrote

scott hiwersh
Kietel is in National Treasure, similar storyline...

makaky
I personally think Russell Crowe would be a bad choice for Langdon. I'm thinking the character would be more of a Nicholas Cage, or even Val Kilmer type....

Lord Soth
Nope. Robert Landgon is a young-ish (35-40), physically fit Harvard professor. So, Russell Crowe wouldn't work, he's too stocky (Langdon is a swimmer). I don't have a proper cast suggestion, but most of these are off.

jeffer_wrote
my sentiments exactly. i think it would be better if they cast someone who is relatively unknown....for a fresh take. don't rely on a star's bankability or box-office clout. the book in itself is enough to snag some publicity, anyway...

IndieKid
cool. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. I found the book quite intriguing and cracking the da vinci code was good. So cool.

jeffer_wrote
i am actually interested to see National Treasure, just ot see the treatment, coz for sure, it would be quite similar to what they will do in the CODE....

scott hiwersh
I don't know, it is more of a treasure hunt movie... I think Code will be more of an intelectual movie... National Treasure is more adventure-esque I think... but

jeffer_wrote
yeah, i guess....

by "similar", i meant that National Treasure would ATTEMPT at being 'intellectual' despite the fact that it is more the adventure Indy-type that we see in its trailer.

in a way, the CODE could also be slightly termed as a treasure hunt film. after all, the Grail IS considered to be the greatest treasure of all time...

scott hiwersh
Maybe, but I doubt that Bruckheimer is trying to get all heady with this. It is a knights templar adventure, a very classic stroyline really. Nothing that Dan Brown invented.

jeffer_wrote
but you gotta admit.....Knights Templar, codes/maps hidden in 'artifacts', treasures....sounds a lot like the DVC book had an influence to it...:-)

orient_celts
National Treasure? I haven't heard of this movie. What's it about again?

Here are my picks:

LANGDON- Michael Shanks (Robin Dunne, Chad Willett)
SOPHIE- Rachel Weis/ Gabrielle Anwar (Daniella Amavia, Sonia Amy)
FACHE- Gerard Depardui
SANUIRE- Roy Dotrice
TEABING- John Cleese
REMY- Jean Reno
COLLET- Nicholas Irons
SILAS- I can't think who yet...
ARINGOZA- Robert Duvall

movie goer
I think Hollywood should take a change and not star Tom Hanks or Brad Pit in the movie - The Davinci Codes. How about James Spader?! What a great choice!!

dAgEnIuS
Have you guys read the lastest news for Da Vinci Code in the killermovies.com?
I guess they are planning on to star Tom Hanks as Langdon....
I guess that could work.... yes

jeffer_wrote
a Nicholas Cage starrer, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer...

I am picturing sophie marceau as sophie neveu...

Gerard Depardieu as Bezu Fache? hmmm...couldn't quite picture him...:-)

jeffer_wrote
i don't think Tom Hanks would do...he's not Robert Langdon, unless he could act a few years younger than his actual age, hone his body into that of a swimmers and act like a Harvard symbologist without turning geeky......:-)

JAMES SPADER NOW you're talking!

i think he'll be awesome....!

jeffer_wrote

Jury
Tom Hanks Deciphers The Da Vinci Code
Source: Newsweek
November 15, 2004

Tom Hanks has been pegged to play the lead role in Sony's upcoming film The Da Vinci Code, the adaptation of author Dan Brown's best-selling thriller, Newsweek has learned. Director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer, the duo who helped make Hanks a star with their 1984 comedy Splash and rehired him 11 years later for Apollo 13, cast Hanks as the globe-trotting scholar Robert Langdon, a decision based partially on the cerebral (riddle-solving, code-cracking) nature of the action in "Da Vinci."

"Tom is an exciting actor to watch thinking," Howard tells the magazine. "We probably don't need his status from a box-office standpoint" -- by now, The Da Vinci Code sells itself -- "but he gives Langdon instant legitimacy."

Howard and Grazer are taking their time casting "Da Vinci," but plan to hire actual foreign actors to play the book's foreign characters. "If there's any book that's supposed to be an international thriller, says Grazer, "this is it." Grazer tells Newsweek that one recent Oscar winner inquired about the role of Parisian cryptologist Sophie Neveu, "and she could easily do it. But I think the audience would be let down a bit. They expect a French girl." As for the role of bullish cop Bezu Fache, Gordon reports that Jean Reno is on Grazer's short list.

Grazer first got wind of The Da Vinci Code early in 2003, when Joel Surnow -- creator of the acclaimed TV series 24 -- thought "Da Vinci" would make a terrific story line for the show's third season. Surnow asked his boss, Grazer, to look into acquiring the rights. But as Brown had no intention of handing over his book to a mere TV show, Grazer says that "it quickly became clear that we had no chance." A few months later Sony paid $6 million for the movie rights -- and hired Grazer as the producer for the biggest film adaptation since "Harry Potter."

The 53-year-old Grazer, who also paired with Howard on the Oscar-winning A Beautiful Mind, has several upcoming projects on his slate, including an animated Curious George film with Will Ferrell and Fun with Dick and Jane starring Jim Carrey. Grazer is also producing a documentary about the notorious skinflick Deep Throat, Gordon reports. Due out in February, it may be the first NC-17 movie released by a major studio in years.

***End***

buffymitch
I hate the idea that Tom HAnks is Roberet langdon. I totally had someone different i mind. Tom Hanks is too comical. MAny say he's perfect for the role but i just don't see it. In the davinci code langdon was described as a hunk very briefly. And tom Hanks is no hunk. I will never forget his acting in Forrest Gump which were great but he is no Langdon.
Gerard Depardieu is no davinci code material either.

Jury
http://img108.echo.cx/img108/8664/th4rr.jpg
Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon

http://img108.echo.cx/img108/7104/jr4ev.jpg
Jean Reno as Bezu Fache

http://img108.echo.cx/img108/2082/at5wn.jpg
Audrey Tautou as Sophie Neveu

crickey77
Yeah, I'm not so happy about the Tom Hanks thing but I think the girl from Amelie was a great choice

Filmmaker451
This film is due to release on may 18th 2006. Can't wait. It's my most anticipated film of 2006. Tom hanks is a great actor. I'm glad he's playing langdon. He's the perfect actor and i always imagined langdon looking just like him.

Jury
yes thumb up same here.

Jackie Malfoy
They are making a movie out of the book?Cool!I read the book and through I do not think it is very possible it would still be cool as a movie! thumb up

Filmmaker451
And you just knew this now?... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Jury
laughing out loud

Filmmaker451
Originally posted by Jury
laughing out loud

That was mine first! mad

Jury
ok, here's mine --> laugh2

buffymitch
Ina MCkellen and Alfred Molian have been added to the cast.
Two great actors. Can't go wrong now.
Does anybody know the budget on this movie

travesty87
I think Jean Reno is good, but I don't like the other choices esp. Tom Hanks

amity75
Russel Crowe would have been ideal as Langdon.

DirectorFitz
Don't like the plot, but I'll see it because of Audrey Tatou.....Happy Dance

buffymitch
Russell Crowe would be a great choice for LAngdon. Make him lose some weight then i think he can pull it off.
I wonder if Grazer and Howard know that we arent happy with Tom Hanks. I've talked to a lot of people and not many of them agree with these filmmakers.

Jury
The Da Vinci Code Pic Previews:

Robert Langdon
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/681/tomhanks018dt.jpg

Sophie Neveu
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/6028/audrey20tautou2hu.jpg

Manservant Remy
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/7365/portraitterence8sl.jpg

Bishop Aringarosa
http://img230.echo.cx/img230//udokier4wm.jpg

Bezu Fache
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/1718/dajeanreno9ap.jpg

Louvre Museum
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/3664/exteriorpyramid4gb.jpg

La Pyramide Inversee
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/1543/pyramidlouvresinversed7lh.jpg

Temple Church
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4586/templechurch14ma.jpg

Knight's Tomb
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/6706/templartomb6gl.jpg

Newton's "Sphere" (Westminster Abbey)
http://img230.echo.cx/img230/9676/newtonisgrave25np.jpg

gotham_vigilant
Those aren't the previews....wrong actors. Bishop Aringarosa is being played by Alfred Molina for example. What's up with your pics?

Jury
eek! oh so there's really a final casting? happy

sorry for using the word "Preview".... wrong choice of word. wink

jaden101
trailery goodness

with no substance at all

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/da_vinci_code/large.html

IceWithin
I think Tom Hanks'll make a great Langdong.
What do you guys think about Paul Bettany playing Silas? I think he's a great actor but not sure I pictured Silas like him... I don't know. And Audrey Tautou playing Sophie! that is not right, Dan Brown clearly said she'd have green eyes, and I sort of pictured her with light brown hair... but well maybe she'll use contacts or something, and Alfred Molina is an amazing choice, I totally pictured Aringarosa like him.

Dreadlord_913
Originally posted by buffymitch
Ina MCkellen and Alfred Molian have been added to the cast.
Two great actors. Can't go wrong now.
Does anybody know the budget on this movie
Big, just big

ickeris2003
I cant wait to watch this movie. Im such a big fan of audrey tatou Happy Dance

crzyfckr
just to see if everyone else thinks that Tom Hanks playing Robert Langdon in next summers "The Da Vinci Code" is the greatest thing ever.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, wouldn't say it's the best thing ever, but it's a good choice, he has a wide enough range, and is a very capable actor.

Darth Nauj
even though I dont picture him playing that character hes a very good actor though. lets just wait and see how he does playing him

yerssot
I can't see him yet as Langdon.
That inspector got casted perfectly (forgot the name of the actor, has a big nose) and the other one of the one who helps him was also a great cast

fantasygirl
Meh, hope he's good for it.

IceWithin
Originally posted by yerssot
I can't see him yet as Langdon.
That inspector got casted perfectly (forgot the name of the actor, has a big nose) and the other one of the one who helps him was also a great cast
inspector as in fache? the actor is called jean reno or something like that..
anyways about silas been played by paul bettany, what are your thoughts?

IceWithin
Originally posted by buffymitch
I hate the idea that Tom HAnks is Roberet langdon. I totally had someone different i mind. Tom Hanks is too comical. MAny say he's perfect for the role but i just don't see it. In the davinci code langdon was described as a hunk very briefly. And tom Hanks is no hunk. I will never forget his acting in Forrest Gump which were great but he is no Langdon.
Gerard Depardieu is no davinci code material either.
I think Tom Hanks wont be perfect for the role but he's not gonna be that bad.
I sort of picture Langdon younger and thiner though

crzyfckr
i'm so ticked... i started this thread and i get no credit... "I get no respect!!" oh well.. no worries.

Tom Hanks is my fav actor of all time... HANDS DOWN. my opinion (albeit biased) is that he can pull off anything. a little time in the gym and he could have a swimmers physique in no time.. did anyone see 'Castaway'? and as far as the age thing goes...pshhhh.. its called acting. if they cast someone who fits the description of each charatcer to a 't' then there wouldn't be much challenge in bringing the character to life.

i did agree with one post that stated how they wish they'd have went with an unknown or 'fresh' face allowing the hype from the book to create enough buzz as opposed to pre-determined 'box office gold' such as hanks.

but none-the-less, it will be a fantastic movie and i can't wait to see it on the big screen.

also... Angels and Demons would be quite a rollercoaster ride. I definitly agree with that one!

yerssot
I hope they won't do Angels and Demons, it's not a good story imo
leaning too much on DVC or the other way around if you will
Originally posted by IceWithin
inspector as in fache? the actor is called jean reno or something like that..
anyways about silas been played by paul bettany, what are your thoughts?
yeah! that's the one! for some reason I alwas forget his name...

well, he looks white already confused I only saw him in a beautiful mind (fell asleep during masters and commanders) so can't judge that well... but I always had a more Zao-like person in mind (from Die Another Day)

Miss_Faye
The book was very well written. I loved all it's twist and turn great great book. But with the movie coming out pretty soon....I really don't think Tom Hanks is the right person to play Langdon. Tom Hanks in my opinion....i don't see how Tom can relate or play the Langdon! The right person in my opinion to play Langdon is Harrison Ford hands down.

crzyfckr
i agree that harrison ford would be an excellent robert langdon, but he already played a roll that was almost identical to this one, Indiana Jones... minus all the caves and stuff. AND... Indiana already found the chalice of christ... lol.. i doubt he'd want to find it again. lol

Murray
I read the book.

I'm a very Catholic person, and it really went against my religion.

However. . .

Being the film buff that I am, I would like to see the adaptation, but my mom won't let me.
Isn't that bull sh**?!

Kate_Lost
I think is NO!

Jury
Movies here movies there. happy?

http://www.adangio.com/galleryImg/large/movie165.jpg http://www.impawards.com/2006/posters/da_vinci_code.jpg

pinsleepe
Originally posted by Murray
I read the book.

I'm a very Catholic person, and it really went against my religion.

However. . .

Being the film buff that I am, I would like to see the adaptation, but my mom won't let me.
Isn't that bull sh**?!

It did not. I don't believe in God, but I live in Poland, which is one of the most Catholic countries in the world. There is a possibility that Jesus had a wife. There are a lot of priests who say that it wouldn't be a danger for the religion. The book was based on "Holy blood, Holy Grail" by Henry Lincoln. You should read it.

What would be a reason for Vatican to hide something then? We can only take a guess. It could be also about sex. What do you think, why do priests live in celibacy? So their children (if they had any) can't inherit from them. Very ingenious!

About the movie: I would LOVE Russel Crowe to take a part in!

Jury
I'm a Christian... and I don't find the book so contradicting. Whatever the DaVinci Code is implying, it has nothing to do with Salvation.

pinsleepe
I know. It's just a book.

yerssot
If you claim this book attacked christianity you clearly had no faith to start with.
If this can make you doubt or feel attacked, sorry, but it's fiction, it's made up no matter how many fancy "scientific" books he quotes, he's still a writer not a scholar. And WHY should that TINY little fact of him being married form a problem? Now he suddenly is the dirt of the earth cause he had a wife? He can love everyone but not in the way that he's allowed to marry someone?
Originally posted by pinsleepe
What do you think, why do priests live in celibacy? So their children (if they had any) can't inherit from them. Very ingenious!
That's not thinking, that's stating a fact. I believe they did that in the 14th century but it's been a while since I last opened my books on religious studies

bleurgh, my post should fit better in the religion forum I think

Jury
To fulfill some Biblical prophecies regarding evil doctrines that would occur in the Church.

1. Celibacy
2. Abstinence

The Bible has been vocal that these 2 doctrines are of evil's commandments.

MildPossession
I'm looking forwards to the film and think the whole cast is just perfect so far, especially Audrey Tautou, except not too keen on the guy who is playing Silas, but we shall see.

Shaid
I think the best bet is Tom Hanks, he can be pretty Dramatic and good at adapting, just watch The Terminal it was quite surpriseing how he was in that. But i have no clue to whom the cast should be, but it shouldn't be a cast full of Main Stream Actors, for some reason I think Adrien Brody should be the monk, really it wouldn't work but the way he acts with his very strange, and unique roles he would be a good albino monk, acting wise, not looks tho wouldn't look to goood in a robe and bald ( i forget the Albino Monks name and Physical Features) I don't know but Robert Langham shouldn't be an action star ( Harrison Ford )
Maybe Nicholas Cage, he would pass off as a symbology Junky. I personally think Nicholas Cage or Tom Hanks would make a good Robert Langham.

MildPossession
Did you read the topic, the cast is official now, Tom Hanks IS the lead.

~ J ~
This movie looks fantastic. It is already being talked about by the Vatican as being "banned" by the Catholic church because of its allegations.

metalmikey
i honestly havent read the Da Vinci Code yet but loks like im gonna have too now..and yes Kate Beckinsale is a goddess!!!

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by jeffer_wrote
who they are gonna USE.....what a word...lolz...

a lot of names come up for Robert Langdon, among them George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Russell Crowe....y'know, the usual suspects...

i dunno....i think the character of Robert Langdon requires someone with...credibility. lots and lots of it. not just hunk factor...besides, the Langdon books were never about how he looks like...

So how would be Fache? definitely not Johhny Depp eek

Deano
if its as good as the book then book me a ticket to the cinema!

Inspectah Deck
I haven't finished the book but I like it

Inspectah Deck
Tom Hanks is super lucky now http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/

MildPossession
Jean Reno... the cast is final now...

Inspectah Deck
Doesn't say who gonna be the Teacher

JenR1215
I dont know is Tom's a good choice but...

Audrey Tautou's in it so I'll probably enjoy it anyways.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by JenR1215
I dont know is Tom's a good choice but..

I agree

JenR1215
Jean Reno's awesum, too. It's a very promising fick. i think

yerssot
they can still screw it up easily though

JenR1215
yeah, but im saying even he screws up u have other actors that may do well on their parts to look at.

artist

GCG
Those of you who read the book, Is there a part in it with about 300 people ?

I read that there was a council in Turkey with some 325 members deciding to proclaiim Christ as Divine and yada yada yada.

Jury
Actually, it mentions of the Council of Nicea at 325 AD... when a "pagan' Emperor Constantine declared that Jesus Christ is "God"... and became the Roman Church offical doctrine.

Dresta
this film has been cast really well the only person i am dissapointed with is tom hanks being cast as Langdon. aprt from thatthe casting was spot on especially having Jean Reno as Fache.

Deano
angels and demons would make a better film

Jury
i agree

Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon
Penelope Cruz as Vittoria Vetra
Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Maximilian Kohler
Christopher Lee as Cardinal Saverio Mortati
Gabriel Byrne as Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca

GCG
Has anyone got a glimpse of the NEW trailer of Da Vinci code ?

I was watching the news on TV and caught it half way through. There was Hanks running with Tatou, McKellen talking to someone, and a pale person dressed up as a monk killing someone in a car, running on rooftops and sliding the code in his pocket.

Anyone ?

Mando
I just watched it. Looks good, that's all I can really say. big grin

GCG
disgust You manged to watch it ALL before me.

Mando
Fast PC?

GCG
No ; its some strange thing QT Movies from apple wont play, but all my other QT files I download are all right.

Quite bizarre messed

Mando
Originally posted by GCG
No ; its some strange thing QT Movies from apple wont play, but all my other QT files I download are all right.

Quite bizarre messed

Maybe you need to re-download the plug in. It might help.

bksdrums
I can't believe they made this into a movie. The book was kind of James Bondish. I also think Tom Hanks is the wrong man for the role.

GCG
Hanks is a very versatile actor though

Mando
Originally posted by GCG
Hanks is a very versatile actor though

Very, he's extremley stretchable. He's played literally TONS of different roles.

Storm
I' m filled with horror at the prospect of Tom Hanks playing Langdon. He lacks charisma and I can' t picture him bringing Langdon' s sharp wit and slight humor. He' s not the person I visualised while reading the book.

Jury
http://movies.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/da_vinci_code/images3/title_main.jpg

shifty

Mando
Originally posted by Storm
I' m filled with horror at the prospect of Tom Hanks playing Langdon. He lacks charisma and I can' t picture him bringing Langdon' s sharp wit and slight humor. He' s not the person I visualised while reading the book.

Sharp wit, and slight humor? Have you seen 'The ladykillers'?

Jury
It says May 19, 2006.

But the movie will be released at May 17, 2006 in the Philippines and France.

We can watch the movie 2 days ahead of you guys.

Neo_Version 7
The trailer looks good. yes

I just put it on my iPod. stick out tongue

MildPossession
Saw the trailer a few days ago, looks wonderful, and I'm happy with the whole cast, especially Jean Reno and Audrey Tautou!

silver_tears
I dislike Tom Hanks, and just can't see him pulling off the character.

Mando
Originally posted by silver_tears
I dislike Tom Hanks, and just can't see him pulling off the character.

I have a feeling you won't be dissapointed. happy

Jury
yes

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I hope the movie is better than the piece-of-shit book that birthed it. Although I am sure they will stick pretty damn close to the source material, I feel that the book is more suited to film, than the medium it began in - rather perverse, but true...

Seeing as Ron 'Insipid' Howard has directed it, I'm sure it'll be OK - nothing more, nothing less.

GCG
Originally posted by Mando
Sharp wit, and slight humor? Have you seen 'The ladykillers'?

Hanks is like water ; any character shape you give him, he will fill it up the way it is.

ladygrim
just seen the full trailer for it looks really good better finish the book

yerssot
I wonder why people who have read the book want to see the movie... I don't think the movie will add anything to it

GCG
I assume that its understandable that watching a movie based on a book would attract the readers concerned.

Mando
Originally posted by GCG
I assume that its understandable that watching a movie based on a book would attract the readers concerned.

yes

GCG
For those really into the Da Vinci Code.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8705/code8ue.png

Seekthecodes.com

buffymitch
Originally posted by GCG
Hanks is like water ; any character shape you give him, he will fill it up the way it is.

I'm sorry but i disagree. Tom Hanks is one of the best actor in Hollywood. He gave us unforgettable performance such as Forrest Gump, Philadelphia and such but as i said in the beginning: Tom Hanks is not Robert Langdon. He is the most unconvincing. I believe he killed a great character by taking this role. And i did not think it was possible for Ron Howard to dissapoint me so. The trailer was done very poorly and I Don't recall Robert Langdon having Long hair. But i have not seen the movie so i'll try to give Tom Hanks the benefit of the doubt but until then i'll be very skeptical

Neo_Version 7
I was somewhat surprised when I saw Tom Hanks sporting the long hair at first!

But judging from the trailer, I don't think the movie will be too bad.

MildPossession
It's not that long, I like the style of it for the film, so what if the hair style isn't exactly as in the book, be glad it's not shoulder length or longer... humm.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>