which of these guys could survive a direct hit with a nuclear weapon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
Hulk
Juggernaut
Abomination
Gladiator
Thor
Hercules
Thing

what do you think ?

pr1983
All bar thing imo...

Betageuze
sorry... i am austrian ... what do you mean pr1983 ???

all these guys... except thing ???

pr1983
yes, though i am not an expert on hercules or abomination... though i have heard they are quite powerful...

Betageuze
i believe Abomination can survive.... also Hercules.... both full powered ...

pr1983
Originally posted by Betageuze
i believe Abomination can survive.... also Hercules.... both full powered ...

i agree...

Betageuze
but... can Thor really survive a direct hit.... i mean.. not blocked by Mjolnir ???

pr1983
If he has the hammer in his hand at all i'd say so...

grey fox
yup

Betageuze
is thor NOT 100ton class.... when not holding his Uru hammer ???

K3VIL
Originally posted by Betageuze
is thor NOT 100ton class.... when not holding his Uru hammer ???
Without Mjolnir Thor is equal to the current Hercules.They are in the top rank members of the Class 100 of Strenght possessors, with Mjolnir, Thor surpass Hercules, of around 50% of physical power.
Anyway Hercules even with half of his powers can survive to a nuclear strike, same for Abomination.

Heracles
Classic Herc is Immortal so yes he can survive a hit Im not sure about the new mortal Herc though.

Thing is very Doubtful.

Thor isnt a true Immortal but he is very resistant so I'd say yes with his Hammer maybe without it.

Juggernaught and the Hulk if its classic Juggy and not the new depowered version then yes Hulk I would also say yes without a doubt.

Abomination probably hes pretty tough

Gladiator yeah no problem the guy can pretty much do anything if his confidence is up.

KharmaDog
Abomination has the same recuperative powers as hulk does he not?

Mainstream
yeah I think so struck

KharmaDog
After looking at the Marvel Directory (which I know many people hate) they state:

"It is possible to injure him, however: for example, the Abomination could not survive the detonation of a nuclear warhead from ten feet away."

Mainstream
okay...I'll believe that.k050

Heracles
No hes not as tough as the Hulk in his current incarnation.

And doesn't heal as quick.

My first thought about Abomination was no he couldn't but that was based on my knowledge of his powers from 20 odd years ago and with Marvel and there updates God only knows which Is why I said probably.

Heracles

Mainstream
Hulk could survive....I think he's been upgraded since the 80's

GalacticStorm
Id say Hulk, Juggernaut, Gladiator and possibly Thor as King Thor. Hercules is immortal however if he is struck by something of sufficient power to disintegrate the majority of his body on a molecular level then he aint getting up from that and thats a fact. The same goes for other earth races who claim to be immortal like the eternals and the externals.

manjaro
ervybody except thing

Heracles
My case for Hercules is even if that happened theres still a chance Zeus and some of the other Immortals can bring him back.

Mainstream
Originally posted by manjaro
ervybody except thing

poor mr. grim

GalacticStorm
Yeah there is a chance but then thats not exactly him surviving it himself is it.

Zahit
I don't think any of them can survive a direct hit from a nuclear warhead.

Heracles
I believe it just said survive I didn't read anything about outside help not being allowed.

But you do have a point I will admit. big grin

Xplosive
Hulk, Juggarnaut, and Gladiator, yes, other no.

Maestro
Out of those guys, which ones you think could survive with direct hits from 2 nukes?

manjaro
juggernaut and gladiator only

Mainstream
Hulk...the dude was made in radition.

Fanboy
Nuclear stuff or Radiation or what ever is Gladiators weakness. So he would die and Abomination can die from it and probably thor.

GalacticStorm
No. Gladiator is vulnerable to certain wavelengths of radiation. Gamma isnt one of them mentioned in his profile so he'd be just fine

Sentry
Originally posted by Fanboy
Nuclear stuff or Radiation or what ever is Gladiators weakness. So he would die and Abomination can die from it and probably thor.

Gladiator has a weakness to a certain type of radiation. I don't think it's any sort of radiation from earth.

Sentry
Damn, Galacticstorm beat me to it.

savagerampage
Hulk,Juggernaut,Thor,Gladiator,Abomination,Hercule
s could all take a direct hit, thing is a goner.

armandovalles
ACTUALLY THE THING HAS BEEN SHOWN TO BE JUST AS STRONG AS BASE STRENGTH HULK WHEN THEY ARM-WRESTLED AND HE ALSO HAS PROVEN TO BE ABLE TO SURVIVE A NUCLEAR BLAST WHICH HIT HIM FROM ABOUT 50 TO 100 FEET AWAY.

Cosmic Cube
DIRECT HIT NOT 50 TO 100 FEET AWAY.

armandovalles
WELL FROM 50 TO 100 FEET AWAY HE WALKED AWAY FROM IT BARELY HURT AT ALL, HE WASNT EVEN LIMPING OR ANYTHING, SO I THINK HE COULD SURVIVE A DIRECT HIT

srankmissingnin
To my knowledge the Hulk has been hit with and survived two nuclear bombs. One instance I only vaguely remember and the other did little damage to him IIRC and I'm sure their are more examples then the two I remember.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.