Reign of Fire Trailer!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

echoman
I just checked out the trailer for Reign of Fire and I must say I was pretty impressed. Anyone else see it yet? The poster that's out for the movie looks awesome! I'm a big fan of Matthew McConaughey and Rob Bowman so I'm hoping this movie is going to be good...

Reign Of Fire Official Site

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/reign_of_fire/reignoffireposterbig.jpg

finti
dont have the flash thing you need to view the site, some info on it would be nice

Machine
this movie looks awesome

ToMacco
Saw the trailer with "The Scorpion King". It didn't really say what it was about.

finti
hmm looks kind of dumb, where is ST George when you need him

BackFire349
Dragonheart 3

echoman
They had a poll on the site that I thought was kinda interesting...Do you think dragons really ever existed? Probably not but life would be pretty interesting if we had real-life dragons flying around...lol! I'd probably keep one as a pet...

ToMacco
Puff the magic dragon?

Machine
Dragon heart 3 are you retarded damn thats stupid ,it has nothing similar to dragon heart the time setting is completly different even the dragons are different ,damn chris you think you know everything about movies well no one knows everything

echoman
Oh yeah!! Puffing the magic dragon while watching the movie is EXACTLY the way to go!!!

Dim
roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah so you don't care how lame it really is..

ToMacco
The magic dragon does make a lot of bad movies better.

echoman
but seriously...am i the only one that's hoping this movie is going to be good fun? It's got a different twist than most dragon movies...it's set in the future, which I think is pretty interesting. You're not really going to see dragons and swords...instead you'll see tanks, missiles, planes, etc...fighting against the dragons. Cool concept, I think...

Julie
*still skeptical* I'll withhold judgment until I see the movie...if that'll ever happen

echoman
wink

BackFire349
someones unfamiliar with sarcasm.

BackFire349
and i dont claim to know everything about movies, just more then you. eek!

echoman
OUCH! eek!

Rockula
For the record I read the premise on this somewhere and it went pretty much as follows.

In the distant past the dragons were destroyed and buried with only a magic spell (or something of that nature) left to bring them back. Naturally someone stumbles on the spell long after the world has forgotten about it and sets the dragons loose again. Fast forward a few years and the dragons have taken over and humanity is being wiped out. One sherrif and one "cocky" American team up to take back the world.

The premise is hard to explain without sounding a little hocky but I saw the preview at the theatre and it did seem badass

echoman
Eh...1 American Dude and a Sheriff rescue entire London? LOL! That sounds so I dunno...retarded?! ( not that you sound retarded Rockula...) LOL! Seriously though, how the heck would you explain the story to someone without ruining the integrity of the movie? I tried to explain the film to my friends and they were just like, "okay, so what's so great about that?!"

Rockula
As I said, it's hard to explain. I would recommend just checking out the trailer and seeing what you think after that. WWW.apple.com

echoman
Yeah, the trailer is pretty much the only good way to describe the movie...lol!

Penguin
I think the trailer looks sweet. The official site has a lot of inside info. The director of X-Files is directing and offers up some cool commentary. The effects in the trailer are good enough for me to check it out.

echoman
Does anyone know if they're gonna come out with any more trailers? Or is this it? And when the heck are they gonna air it on TV?? Hardly anyone has heard about this flick...

poitiers
There was a new poster in the paper last week. It had a new tagline too:

"It was a beautiful day. Until the Reign came!"

But apart from that and online I haven't seen much promo stuff.

Penguin
There's a cool clip on www.ifilm.com that has Bale and McConaughey talk about the film and especially the special effects/dragons. The buzz on the movie seems to be growing!

Dim
Hmmmmm..well, if they're in it I'm a bit more interested wink

poitiers
I found a clip on the ROF site, that I think must have been the same one you mentioned on ifilm. It definitely makes the whole thing seem a lot more interesting, especially all that detail in the making ofd the dragon.

echoman
OMG...are you serious? eek! THAT was the tagline?! Couldn't they come up with something a little better?!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

poitiers
I'm all up for this film. But man when are they gonna show us dragon fans a l'il love and give us some thing to chew on till it comes out. Most movies this size seem to steamroll us before they hit. This one snuck in a trailer before Scorpion King ... and... and ... is that it?

Remaining in mystery then, until further notice.

Dim
Yep..echoman is right..that's a CHEEEEEEEESY tagline.

poitiers
Well lets hope they're still working on it, the tagline that is.

I saw a lame one on a billboard today for Scooby Doo--

Be Afraid, Be Kind of Afraid.

I mean come on! Dragons eat dogs don't they?

echoman
Tee hee~ Anyone have any suggestions for a tagline? BTW, I'm looking forward to Scooby Doo...I grew up watching that cartoon~ big grin

echoman
Awww...C'mon guys! Don't be shy....the cheesier the better~ rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
This movie's gonna suck.

Penguin
Thanks for the heads-up. The clips on the official website were even better. I like that there hasn't been too much buzz, but it seems like a lot of the movie websites have been pumping it up. It will get more mainstream exposure closer to the release I'm sure.

echoman
Aww...Why do you think it's gonna suck?? Just not a sci-fi fan? Don't like dragons?

poitiers
Its a lot easier to diss something without giving any reason. Hell, its an infallible argument. There's no way to pick at his reasoning, because there is none. Oh and because he's probasbly wrong!

ToMacco
Don't like science fiction.

echoman
I can respect that...alot of my friends don't like sci-fi either. Me, I hate horror movies...I think they're lame. roll eyes (sarcastic)

poitiers
Aint it Cool News has a raving review about Reign of Fire up

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=12421

Major spoilers though!

Penguin
I'm glad that AICN posted a good review...it would be better if it was posted by Harry or Moriarty, but this definitely legitimizes Reign of Fire in my eyes. I think the review is right...potential sleeper hit of the summer. I've also been reading a lot of good buzz on other movie site message boards. Its about time!

echoman
Woohoo! Just read the review! Thanks for the link...

I seriously can't wait to see these dragons for myself... What a cool job it must be to be a movie critic! rolling on floor laughing

Penguin
We are all movie critics to some extent. That's the point of these message boards. There are some posters that i trust and some that i don't. Reign of Fire will rock. Believe me or believe other critics. Definite sleeper of the summer!!!

echoman
Well, y'know what I mean.... I'd love to be able to watch movies before they're released, write my opinions about them and have millions of eyeballs reading my reviews to see whether or not they should watch the movie. I bet you'd feel like you have so much power. AND I'm sure the movie companies kiss your butt and shower you with gifts so you write a positive review for them! wink

poitiers
I thought that review was pretty good too. Intense, sleeper hit, sounds good to me.

I don't remember reviews that spoiled whole films from before a few years ago. Like newspaper ones manily just give an outline and their opinion. I don't know why AICN feels it needs to tell you every single thing that happens.

Penguin
I agree! Spoilers in reviews are fine if they are discussing a movie that is out in theaters already. A movie like ROF that doesn't come out in a month shouldn't be reviewed with spoilers. Just tell us if it's worth seeing or not!

poitiers
Yeah I want to know the scoop on movies like this, but when they tell you every single plot point it kind of ruins it a bit. I usually avoid the spoilers, but Iwas too damn curious.

echoman
Really? You guys didn't like the spoilers? I don't think they gave too much away at all. Just enough to make you want to watch the movie even more! Hearing about scenes from a movie and actually watching the scenes up on the big screen makes a helluvalot of difference, don't you think? wink

poitiers
It depends really doesn't it. I think the best comparison is when you watch a film for the scond time and you already know what;s coming.

Like the first time I saw LOTR and the wraiths are chasing Frodo to the water and they're almost upon him, I was totally on the edge of my seat. But the second time I saw it, I was considerably more calm and less caught up in it all, since I knew the outcome.

Raz
Trailer links: http://www.killermovies.com/r/reignoffire/

poitiers
I think those clips are slightly old. there's newer ones on the RoF site.

echoman
Yeah, I see what you mean but I don't think the spoilers from that review is going to make it any less exciting for me to watch.

Has anyone seen tv spots for this yet? I heard they've been airing it on MTV but I haven't seen anything as of yet....

Dim
I haven't seen jack for it yet..

Penguin
You've had to have seen the TV ads by now, right? They were all over the MTV Movie Awards. Have you seen any new reviews other that the AICN one? Please let me know if there are any floating around the web.

poitiers
There was something on CHUD recently about ROF. They don't think its getting enough press at all.

mah
isn't this the one with the dragons? ineresting, I hope there's a good dragon-film soon.

Penguin
I think the press is just starting to grow on it. I just saw ANOTHER positive review on AICN for it. I'm sure we'll be seeing McConaughey out pimping the movie on a press tour soon. It's not getting the ridiculous hype that Minority Report is, but I think its got a buzz around it.

echoman
Has anyone read any other reviews? How come it seems like AICN is the only one that has reviews up for this movie? Kinda suspicious, don't you think? I would love to read a review from a non-biased critic cuz I've heard that Harry Knowles is a gimp for the movie companies...

StiltmanFTW
bump

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
bump

Why the f#ck did you randomly resurrect this ancient thread?

To be fair, it is sort of a guilty pleasure of a movie. It's been a while since I've seen it, though.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Why the f#ck did you randomly resurrect this ancient thread?

No particular reason.

Necrobumping has become a fetish of mine. Can't really explain.

But hey, you and riv contributed to the thread, so it was a lucky bump wink

It's a mixed genre film, yes? Sci-fi + fantasy?

Old Man Whirly!
Strangley awesome cast...

Butler
Bale
McConaughey

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.