Who is more intelligent? Man or Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Odious
Who really is more intelligent? Man or Woman? This is an ancient debate that has been gaining more volume in the past decade. I personally am clueless and really don't debate it anymore. So I figured I'd toss this live grenade into this room and see what happens. Yet if men and woman look, act, feel differently then maybe this question isn't just a rat race? Maybe their is an answer? Nevertheless there is always debate. Please...feel free...explore...and please pull no punches.
This room is yours.
And drink beer! It's the shit!beer

SnakeEyes
Beast is superior

King Burger
Men, until they get married, which is itself a stupid act, so
maybe they never were smart in the first place?

punkkaveman
woman is smart....men is penis.....

Darth_Glentract
I have some words to say that i will leave unsaid about this debate. anyway, menhave an average IQ that is 1.7 points higher(praticaly nothing)

Myth
Ancient debate? Men have ruled women all over the world until the modern ages when we let woman be equal.

misha
Originally posted by Darth Odious
Who really is more intelligent? Man or Woman? This is an ancient debate that has been gaining more volume in the past decade. I personally am clueless and really don't debate it anymore. So I figured I'd toss this live grenade into this room and see what happens. Yet if men and woman look, act, feel differently then maybe this question isn't just a rat race? Maybe their is an answer? Nevertheless there is always debate. Please...feel free...explore...and please pull no punches.
This room is yours.
And drink beer! It's the shit!beer

i believe that none is smarter - some women will be smarter than some men, some men will be smarter than some women.
i think in the past everyone thought men were smarter...either they were, or women hadnt been pushed to their ability, or we just werent LET to be able to go to our full ability (i know thats not good english but i do have a good excuse for that!)
but lately people have been realisng that women are actually smart roll eyes (sarcastic)

Myth
Originally posted by misha
i know thats not good english

We have our answer! laughing

Red Superfly
Why would ANYONE even care? Big deal, some women are smart, some are thick, some men are smart, some are thick.

To think that one is mostly smarter than the other is an absurd notion, it has no use, function or purpose.

What if women were a bit msarter on the whole than men? Does that suddenly make the crack whore on the corner of Smith Street more brainy than most men? Seriously, HOW would this data be any more useful if we actually took the time to do it?

Also, men and women think differently in general - how can you compare one to the other when there is no proof over which way of thinking is best? Bullshit if you ask me.

Take the oh so ancient "women drivers vs men drivers" debate. I remember seeing one insurance company (forget the name) show a report about why mens premiums are always higher. It isn't because men are worse drivers, it's because men have different kinds of accidents to women. Men tend to have accidents at high speed (because of aggression, and showing off), while women have low speed (less expensive) accidents like parking mishaps and shunts (lack of skill) but the AMOUNT of accidents is equal. Both have equal incompetance in different areas. So even though men have higher premiums, they ARE NOT worse drivers, in general. FACT.

That kinda illustrates my point - we are too different species and shouldnt really be comparred so wildly. We're equal, but we'll never be the same.

it dow sleep
i think women r because they r more mature

Clovie
Originally posted by punkkaveman
woman is smart....men is penis..... yes

Red Superfly
And now suddenly I'm thinking more and more of Earth's population is just plain stupid, regardless of sex.

it dow sleep
not every1 well i don't consider myself stupid anyway

Red Superfly
I said "more and more", not "all".

Yep, it's definitely becoming more and more alright.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Darth Odious
Who really is more intelligent? Man or Woman?

...Which is a lot like asking ''who is superior in knowledge white person or a black person''

I agree with Red Superfly - some men are stupid and some are smart, some women are stupid and others are smart - it has nothing to do with gender.

But yeah, a lot of worlds population is just short sighted and dumb. People are generally shits - regardless of gender.

Alpha Centauri
"Tired of this back-slapping 'Aren't humanity neat?' bullshit. We're a virus with shoes. That's all we are."-Bill Hicks.

-AC

MC Mike
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
...Which is a lot like asking ''who is superior in knowledge white person or a black person''

I agree with Red Superfly - some men are stupid and some are smart, some women are stupid and others are smart - it has nothing to do with gender.

But yeah, a lot of worlds population is just short sighted and dumb. People are generally shits - regardless of gender.

finti
When do you know a woman is about to say a smart thing?

when she starts by saying a man told me........

maya159
Men and Women are equal though I think Women can do more things than most of the men...I dunno!

finti
like?

Clovie
Originally posted by finti
like? giving birth to a child smart
name one guy who did that tongue10

Cosmic_Beings
It depends on the individual. But in general, I believe that the male gender is the superior of the two mentally, and physically as well.

Alpha Centauri
Males are physically superior.

Mentally, I've met idiots on both sides.

-AC

Dwarfdude
Depends on what type of intelligence you're talking about. The ability to manipulate, tact, diplomacy...Women are far more superior in this aspect. Creativity, imagination, both genders are on the same ground here. As are they with just flat out intelligence (physics, biology...). So yes, women do have the upper hand in intelligence, on the average man. More intelligent men however, say, Albert Einstein, women have nothing on him. But those are select individuals.

On the whole, yes, women are smarter than men. Although this is only by a slim margin, seeing as the blondes at my school make me doubt this theory....

As for physical, there is no comparison. Men beat woman outright. Its even in the build of the different genders' bodies. Men are much taller, much more covex and muscular. Women are shorter and concave (this adaptation was for protecting their child). Also, though I hate to call the bias society in which we live in witness, look at the difference in sports. No, I am not saying "women dont play football", so much as "women dont want to play football". Yes, I know that there are probably some female players out there, but have you actually ever been in a real tackle football game? Ever gotten hung up over the middle? Speared? Ever run head on into a linebacker in order to make a block?

Just because you think you can doesnt mean you can.

Alpha Centauri
Academically smarter you mean? Because it's far from fact that women ARE smarter than men overall.

-AC

Dwarfdude
No, intelligence in general. Like I said, tact, diplomacy, ability to manipulate gives them the edge. It takes intelligence to do all of those things, and form what I've seen, most men couldn't grasp these concepts if their palm was a mile wide.

Academics the genders are pretty even...

As are creativity and imagination.

Basically I included anything that goes on in the brain as intelligence, both right and left halves.

debbiejo
I think men and women are intelligent in different areas...But there are always exceptions to the rule. I think women have a broader mind to see the whole of everything around them, as men are less able to see past their own situations. Most women are able to see the pain in others and reach out to them, as men usually say to just "suck it up."

I did read that in the womb, men and womens brain are identicle until at some point a hormone, I think, flows over the males brain, thus causes a damaging effect...Not to say their brain damaged, but it does change what they could of been as far as women goes.

BackFire
"Who is more intelligent? Man or Woman"

Me.

King Burger
Originally posted by Dwarfdude
Depends on what type of intelligence you're talking about. The ability to manipulate, tact, diplomacy...Women are far more superior in this aspect. Creativity, imagination, both genders are on the same ground here. As are they with just flat out intelligence (physics, biology...). So yes, women do have the upper hand in intelligence, on the average man. More intelligent men however, say, Albert Einstein, women have nothing on him. But those are select individuals.

On the whole, yes, women are smarter than men. Although this is only by a slim margin, seeing as the blondes at my school make me doubt this theory....

You wish!

Yes, women are more sly than men, and can hide what they're
thinking better than men, but that's mostly because men don't
give a flying s*** about being "mysterious".

When a man and a woman meet, the woman will figure the man
out fatser than he will her, but only because he isn't playing any
"can you tell what I'm thinking?" games like she is.

Creativity and imagination and scientific intellect both are equal?
Disagree. Genius in these areas is alot more likely to appear
among men than among women.

Men and women are equally smart in everyday situations, but
in extraordinary situations, the man's mind was built to see
things more logically, and to solve practical problems.

leonheartmm
id have to go with women, in general, given the chance n the same or similar oppurtunities as men get in general, ive seen that women excell

dave123
Globally, men, but hear me out:

We are both born with the exact same potential, but in many countries, mainly less developed (and particularly in the past), women were not educated: their place was in the home. Hence, men were brought up as the smarter.

Enter the modern world (or at least the modern western world) and women are giving the same education as men... I believe on average women are doing better than men, at least here in England. Personally, I put this down to maturity levels, with girls generally maturing sooner.

So there it is: both are born with the same exact some potential, and when given equal oppertunities, females are currently beating the males - although this does depend on what you define as "intelligent".

Julie
definately depends on whether we're talking certain subjects....generally speaking men can think mathematically and women are better in social sciences...but even generalizations like that are silly

manny321
my frined said "A man could rape a women, however a woman can trick or trap the man in deep trouble."

So by that i sy that men are stronger, however women easily change men on how they live.

sexylexy32
Women can do almost anything a man can do and men can't have kids so that gives us girls the advantage, no offense to u guys......

manny321
True, many men forget to see that women are the base of life however without the man how can she create life. I'm talking about the natural way. No need to bring in some next odd stuff in. Women can do anything but genetically men are physically stronger then men if they are fit people.

pr1983
Originally posted by sexylexy32
Women can do almost anything a man can do and men can't have kids so that gives us girls the advantage, no offense to u guys......

Sorry but how does getting pregnant affect your intelligence?

sexylexy32
Originally posted by pr1983
Sorry but how does getting pregnant affect your intelligence?

Well I really wasn't speaking of intelligence pr183 but I guess it doesn't really affect it one way or the other, then again women are mainly responsible for the child and have to know how to take care of them . Women are smarter in some things and men in others and well thats how the world works..... wink

bilb
Originally posted by Myth
Ancient debate? Men have ruled women all over the world until the modern ages when we let woman be equal.

you are VERY much mistaken my friend... read up on ancient cultures.. the exact opposite is true

pr1983
Originally posted by sexylexy32
Well I really wasn't speaking of intelligence pr183 but I guess it doesn't really affect it one way or the other, then again women are mainly responsible for the child and have to know how to take care of them . Women are smarter in some things and men in others and well thats how the world works..... wink

Well i for one know how to take care of a baby... the only thing i cant do is breastfeed...

too many woman and men are so dumb it invalidates this kind of argument...

there are lots of mothers who would take care of a baby better than me, and there are a hell of a lot worse...

so yeah... phew... the world is weird...

moviejunkie23
"woman is smart....men is penis....."

Ok i hate it when woman can get away with sexist comments and then turn around and say how they hate sexism (only in the form of male sexism) so for the sake of being fair i will state the flip side of this insult. (not that i agree with it)

Men are the rulers of the world, housholds, military, and are the inventors of new technology.
Women just provide a vessle to breed more of these men

wink

pr1983
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
"woman is smart....men is penis....."

Ok i hate it when woman can get away with sexist comments and then turn around and say how they hate sexism (only in the form of male sexism) so for the sake of being fair i will state the flip side of this insult. (not that i agree with it)

Men are the rulers of the world, housholds, military, and are the inventors of new technology.
Women just provide a vessle to breed more of these men

wink

no expression

i do agree about the fact that sexism seems to be exclusively affecting women...

when guys do it, they're "sexist pigs"

when women do it, its "only a bit of fun"

Not all men and women are like that, but alot are...

i was actually once told, and i quote, "sexism doesnt affect you, your only a man"

moviejunkie23
the same goes for racism. I lived in Phoenix for awile and this one black guy always called us crackers. Could you imagine going into a black part of town and saying a matter of factly "hows it going *******???"
Its called double standards even if they don't mean anything by it.

pr1983
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
the same goes for racism. I lived in Phoenix for awile and this one black guy always called us crackers. Could you imagine going into a black part of town and saying a matter of factly "hows it going *******???"
Its called double standards even if they don't mean anything by it.

i do agree but that is a whole other topic... big grin

moviejunkie23
well i suppose it is off topic laughing

so the question is wich is more intelligent

male and female minds and biology are set up in a certain way that is different but they compliment eachother perfectly
thats my opinion

DarkCrawler
"Men have made more inventions, so we are more intelligent."

"Other men have, not you."

"Huh?"

Imaginary
I think it's kind of like trying to compare apples and oranges, men and women think differently. In some areas women are capable of more and in some areas men are... on the whole, I'd say they're equal.

Storm
Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity.

dave123
Seriously, there are a lot of stupid people around these days.

Imaginary
Yeah, that too laughing out loud

Dwarfdude
Originally posted by King Burger

Dude, if you ever figure out a woman fully in your whole lifetime, I will make sure you get a medal and a 21 gun salute at your funeral.

Darth Odious
I knew it would be war.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

IceWithin
Originally posted by finti
When do you know a woman is about to say a smart thing?

when she starts by saying a man told me........

laughing out loud

but seriously its retarded to say a man is more intelligent or a woman is, it depends on the person erm stupid STUPID thread laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by bilb
you are VERY much mistaken my friend... read up on ancient cultures.. the exact opposite is true Indeed. Apperantly Myth is not familiar with woman's rights in Anciet Egypt for example no2

manny321
after the 2000BC woman become very less important in society. Then they came back in the 1900's.

Intelligence is same.
Physical strength men have the upper hand.
As my idiotic friend said "men can rape women, but women can trick me in deep trouble"

ragesRemorse
The smartest people are always male. Not sure on which breed is smarter, but i know men get dumb when they get with women.

King Burger
Too true ragesRemorse.

Reminds me of a line I read in a magazine sometime:
"Ah men, there always arrives a time when our brilliant
intelligence becomes something perfectly testicular".

normies
Research sudy shows that women tend to have better hearing then men, while men have the ability to read small print easier, I thought that was a little weird. whistle

manny321
men lie to make themsleves look better. Women lie to make the other partner feel better. Thats what i heard!

normies
good point Manny, but at the end of the day we are all liers shifty

bilb
Indeed. Apperantly Myth is not familiar with woman's rights in Anciet Egypt for example no2

My thinking exactly Milla, ya spazzahoe!! laughing

pr1983
As chris rock once said, men lie more, women tell bigger lies...

chelsea17
women are more intelligent of course big grin

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The smartest people are always male. Not sure on which breed is smarter, but i know men get dumb when they get with women.

So what is your excuse for being stupid in the post above?
Is there an excuse for thinking that male and female are different ''breeds''?

DarkCrawler
William James Sidis, the most intelligent person ever?

WHOOOAA....book

Red Superfly
Son of Satan I say.

DarkCrawler
Smart Son of Satan.

s|m
I have no idea...it depends on the individual

Males are definately superior physically, and you know what they say... there's always a woman behind the boss stick out tongue

Line
You wish!

Yes, women are more sly than men, and can hide what they're
thinking better than men, but that's mostly because men don't
give a flying s*** about being "mysterious".

Creativity and imagination and scientific intellect both are equal?
Disagree. Genius in these areas is alot more likely to appear
among men than among women.

Men and women are equally smart in everyday situations, but
in extraordinary situations, the man's mind was built to see
things more logically, and to solve practical problems.

your two first points seem remarkably shallow and generalized for a person of your gender and thus infinite intelligence.

when it comes to genius; yes, most great scientists, artists and the like are men, but that doesn't indicate that men are more brilliant than women or have a natural tendency to create 'genius genes'. it simply means that talented men through out history have been trained and have had their talents developed in ways, women haven't. there seems to be a tendency to see the 'geniuses' as people, blessed with a mission and a talent that can't be withheld and which has absolutely nothing to do with training, economical and social freedom. this just isn't true. male 'geniuses' have had the training, the money and the social freedom, women haven't had and still don't really have. men weren't forced and expected to stay home and look after the children. they could marry and still continue doing their art or research, without having to care about the household chores. if a woman wanted that kind of liberty, she simply had to avoid getting married, which is the same as saying fiving up her sexuality. this men didn't have to.
true, things have changed now and women have the opportunity to get the training and the freedom, they didn't use to have, and more and more take advantage of this. but still, there exist expectations and restrictions when it comes to the liberty of the genders, which makes it more difficult for women to prtogress than men. for example, married men have a better chance of getting a job than married women, simply because it's still women who do most of the house chores, thus relieving the man of a lot of stress. she, on the other hand, has therefore less chance of creating the new cure for cancer, or writing a masterpiece.

ninjababe
Nether gender is smarter, we all were born equal whether white or blake, female or male. Intelliegance is of are chosing to have, if we don't want to be smart we don't have to be smart. This is just like saying men can draw and a woman can't, its a gift given to us, not just to a certian gender. Men were given strength to protect women-who inturn cared for their children. That is our only full difference that can't change.

There is no more intellegent gender.

Red Superfly
About the men being geniuses thing - men, in the western world, as far as I know, have been encouraged to learn and be the shapers of the world. Up until recently, women have been encouraged to be the housewife and stay at home, rather than engineers or scientist, whereas now, you can be whatever the hell you like.

Also, I dunno about you - but when I look at how girls are doing better at school than boys these days - I know why. While I was at school, if you were a boy, it was very uncool to be clever. There was a whole "thickness culture". My younger brother who has just left school and my youngest brother who is still at school say the same. The girls are never under pressure to be "stupid" because it does not matter to their life. This could be attributed to the fact girls mature quicker than boys, even though they take their exams and go through the learning process at the same time. There is something in society that is failing the boys. I did well at school, but I had many friends who could have done so much better, but were dragged down by their peers and their own immaturity. I also think it had a lot to do with the fact the boys were always trying to impress the girls, yet the girls weren't distracted the same way.

That is just observation on my part, and I am not saying that is the same globally, but it's certainly the case in modern western socety I think.

In my mind we are equal, we just go about things differently. Where man lacks, woman makes up for, where woman lacks, men make up for. It's a symbiotic relationship.

ragesRemorse
Too true ragesRemorse.

Reminds me of a line I read in a magazine sometime:
"Ah men, there always arrives a time when our brilliant
intelligence becomes something perfectly testicular".

thats friggin priceless laughing laughing

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ninjababe
Nether gender is smarter, we all were born equal whether white or blake, female or male. Intelliegance is of are chosing to have, if we don't want to be smart we don't have to be smart. This is just like saying men can draw and a woman can't, its a gift given to us, not just to a certian gender. Men were given strength to protect women-who inturn cared for their children. That is our only full difference that can't change.

There is no more intellegent gender.

No way man. I met this woman who was fukcing stupid as beaten shit. You would be hardpressed to find a male this stupid.

though my friend pete did dissapoint me. He hit a low for the male gender. We were watching the matrix, and he used to come over my house all the time during my second year in college and watch it on my t.v. I thought he was into and everything. He always spoke about all these philosophies and shit, that went defenintly to far. However, we were watching the flick again about a week ago. Near the end of the movie, Pete said some dumb ass shit. Some of the most dumb ass shit. Pete said..."so, they are all just really in virtual reality?"

yeah, but that still isnt as bad as that stupid ass girl who put gerbils inside of her because she thought it would make a nice den for them.

dave123
There's the stereotypical dumb blonde... but men can be just as bad stick out tongue

"The Pope.... he's not Christian"

and

"There's 3 kinds of Muslim"
"What are they?"
"Mu, Sli, and Nim" no expression

Miss_Faye
Hm, I will say they're both smart in their own way because it's the truth.

King Burger
Originally posted by Line
your two first points seem remarkably shallow and generalized for a person of your gender and thus infinite intelligence.

Shallow, but oh so true.

when it comes to genius; yes, most great scientists, artists and the like are men, but that doesn't indicate that men are more brilliant than women or have a natural tendency to create 'genius genes'. it simply means that talented men through out history have been trained and have had their talents developed in ways, women haven't. there seems to be a tendency to see the 'geniuses' as people, blessed with a mission and a talent that can't be withheld and which has absolutely nothing to do with training, economical and social freedom. this just isn't true. male 'geniuses' have had the training, the money and the social freedom, women haven't had and still don't really have. men weren't forced and expected to stay home and look after the children. they could marry and still continue doing their art or research, without having to care about the household chores. if a woman wanted that kind of liberty, she simply had to avoid getting married, which is the same as saying fiving up her sexuality. this men didn't have to.
true, things have changed now and women have the opportunity to get the training and the freedom, they didn't use to have, and more and more take advantage of this. but still, there exist expectations and restrictions when it comes to the liberty of the genders, which makes it more difficult for women to prtogress than men. for example, married men have a better chance of getting a job than married women, simply because it's still women who do most of the house chores, thus relieving the man of a lot of stress. she, on the other hand, has therefore less chance of creating the new cure for cancer, or writing a masterpiece.

Nonesense which even many feminists here don't buy.

There are differences between men and women, and they have
nothing to do with the environment. There have been plenty of
studies on children raised by "non-gender specific" house-holds,
and they end up showing the same mental differences and
behavior and preferences as other boys and girls.

Men are better at science in general. They are more
interested in how things work, and the building of things, than
women.

That's the way it was, that's the way it is, and that's the way it
always will be. A few decades of feminist brain-washing attempts
won't change millions of years of evolution.

long pig
If a tree could deliver a kid and give head, we really wouldnt have any need for women at all.

debbiejo
No way man. I met this woman who was fukcing stupid as beaten shit. You would be hardpressed to find a male this stupid.

though my friend pete did dissapoint me. He hit a low for the male gender. We were watching the matrix, and he used to come over my house all the time during my second year in college and watch it on my t.v. I thought he was into and everything. He always spoke about all these philosophies and shit, that went defenintly to far. However, we were watching the flick again about a week ago. Near the end of the movie, Pete said some dumb ass shit. Some of the most dumb ass shit. Pete said..."so, they are all just really in virtual reality?"

yeah, but that still isnt as bad as that stupid ass girl who put gerbils inside of her because she thought it would make a nice den for them.

laughing Gerbils???? Noo..that can't be true..

BullitNutz
Women can fake an orgasm. Men can fake a whole relationship.

'Nuff said.

SaTsuJiN
lmao

BullitNutz
Count on me for this and other golden turds of information in the future!

Line
Shallow, but oh so true.

women.

that comment just didn't help on the intelligence matter.

please read my post again. I don't believe I anywhere stated that there aren't any differences between men and women, but if that's the impression it gives, then I apologize for the bad wording.
I'm quite critical when it comes to "non-gender specific" house-holds. what is such a house-hold? where the girls are encouraged to play with cars, dad does the dishes, mum does the bi-cycle maintenance? anyways, a household can't be taken out of it's social context. outside the four walls it's still men who get the good jobs, who don't stay home looking after the children when mum's got a great carreer-opportunity, who hold the most influential positions when it comes to politics, religion and the like. that your parents where liberal minded when it comes to gender, does not mean that the rest of the world is, and that's why both genders are still faced with restrictions, whether they're outspoken or not, and that's why I believe that fewer women than men become great at whatever they do. sure, that doesn't mean that I disagree on the fact that certain things are biologically determined, I just don't believe these biological factors have everything to say when it comes to intelligence.

what do you base your facts on? yes, boys do tend to do better at math in schools and most scientists are male and I won't disagree that there might be something biological at play here. still, I don't see why this interest you mention can't be related to boys being urged to show it, and girls being urged not to.

ah, the intelligent shallownes and short sightednes yet again. one must admire your appearent lack of male interest in how things work.

BullitNutz
girls have cooties and they aren't allowed in our clubhouses. Ergo, boys are smarter.

ninjababe

Agian I'll say no gender is smarter

lil bitchiness

women.

Well unless you can provide me with who did the study and where, im going to continue to think you're full of shit.
If there are plenty studies done, then you are more than happy to provide us here with some kind of evidence.

You obviously don't know the first thing about education - if you did, you'd know that it was only fairly recently that females were allowed to pick subject other than those which will help them in their every day lives after they finish school, while boys were encouraged to take up sciences from the very early stages in education.

Linkalicious
I say every individual is different...which is probably the most obvious answer.

In general I'd say men have always been more intelligent because women weren't given the same educational opportunities...

Now that women have those opportunities women are proving themselves to be every single bit as smart as men, only they also show more desire to better themselves because now they have the opportunity so they don't take it for granted. Knowledge is power and men fear women with power.

hk_*^^*
Originally posted by BullitNutz
girls have cooties and they aren't allowed in our clubhouses. Ergo, boys are smarter.

girls have cooties???
wat r u 7?
i think in general both genders r smart and fun 2 b wit

Mainstream
agreed.

wuTa
well....woman do use more brain capacity than men, but to bad they use that part of the brain for stupid shit like shopping and manicures whoooo!!...BURN!!!!!!!!! eek!

Mandos
Hahaha! Fools. Brains is not determined by sex. And I am the most intelligent one of all. And you'll know it when I'LL CONTROL THE WORLD!!
THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO!! MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

ninjababe
ya'll aint gettin what I'm tryin to say sad

King Burger
Well unless you can provide me with who did the study and where, im going to continue to think you're full of shit.
If there are plenty studies done, then you are more than happy to provide us here with some kind of evidence.

You obviously don't know the first thing about education - if you did, you'd know that it was only fairly recently that females were allowed to pick subject other than those which will help them in their every day lives after they finish school, while boys were encouraged to take up sciences from the very early stages in education.

Interesting...except in all fairness I really don't give a fat rat's a**
what you think.

King Burger
that comment just didn't help on the intelligence matter.

please read my post again. I don't believe I anywhere stated that there aren't any differences between men and women, but if that's the impression it gives, then I apologize for the bad wording.
I'm quite critical when it comes to "non-gender specific" house-holds. what is such a house-hold? where the girls are encouraged to play with cars, dad does the dishes, mum does the bi-cycle maintenance? anyways, a household can't be taken out of it's social context. outside the four walls it's still men who get the good jobs, who don't stay home looking after the children when mum's got a great carreer-opportunity, who hold the most influential positions when it comes to politics, religion and the like. that your parents where liberal minded when it comes to gender, does not mean that the rest of the world is, and that's why both genders are still faced with restrictions, whether they're outspoken or not, and that's why I believe that fewer women than men become great at whatever they do. sure, that doesn't mean that I disagree on the fact that certain things are biologically determined, I just don't believe these biological factors have everything to say when it comes to intelligence.

what do you base your facts on? yes, boys do tend to do better at math in schools and most scientists are male and I won't disagree that there might be something biological at play here. still, I don't see why this interest you mention can't be related to boys being urged to show it, and girls being urged not to.

Well, isn't that nice? You set up for yourself a real nice world-view
where-by no matter what happens, no matter how much men
continue to show greater interest in science and engineering and
greater probability in inventing and discovering things, no matter
how much little boys continue to show markedly different behavior
than little girls despite attempts to encourage them to behave the
same way, you will always be able to just blame it on the
big bad "male-dominated" culture.

Even in work situations where the woman holds a position higher
than a man's if anything happens it's the man's fault because men
still have "cultural superiority" over women.

ah, the intelligent shallownes and short sightednes yet again. one must admire your appearent lack of male interest in how things work.

Ooooo, you girls are so cute when you try to witty and insulting.

Linkalicious
They're even cuter when they succeed. yes

King Burger
Succeed?

Okay. I understand. Guy wants to appeal to girls. Appear cool
in front of them so he sticks up for them against another guy.

I understand man. I've seen it alot back in junior high. wink

BackFire
what you think.

In essence, you are right, men and women do have seperate things that each do better then the other in general. Men are generally better at science, math, computers and building things, while women are generally better at english, writing and speaking and such.

King Burger
And that is all I've been trying to say my good man.

BackFire
I know, it's just so trendy to play the gender equallity card, even when the genderss aren't completely equal. If both genders were equal then women wouldn't have periods and men would sit down when peeing.

_G-Unit_
male built this world from egiptians 2 present... fuk the spelin

_G-Unit_
oh ye n eve bit the apple wich mks female stupid, xcept from sum

BackFire
Originally posted by _G-Unit_
male built this world from egiptians 2 present... fuk the spelin

Proving my point at how women are generally better at spelling.

NOTE: please don't let this man be an example for all guys.

_G-Unit_
i could spell like this <---------> but this wy is qiker + BF this is the result of spendin 2 much time on msn

BackFire
oh ye n eve bit the apple wich mks female stupid, xcept from sum

.....lol

lil bitchiness
what you think. Yet you still reply...you MUST then care enough to tell me all about how you don't care.

Originally posted by Linkalicious
I say every individual is different...which is probably the most obvious answer.

In general I'd say men have always been more intelligent because women weren't given the same educational opportunities...

Now that women have those opportunities women are proving themselves to be every single bit as smart as men, only they also show more desire to better themselves because now they have the opportunity so they don't take it for granted. Knowledge is power and men fear women with power.

You're right Link. It depends on the person, not their sex.

Like for example some males here who preach their sex is smarter, ironicly think that physical built has a lot to do with brains, while other think that male and female are different ''breed''.

I think thats pretty self explanitory in itself, would you not agree?

_G-Unit_
whistle

anyhoooooooo, av nvr seen a women scientist as great as albert einstein

lil bitchiness
whistle

anyhoooooooo, av nvr seen a women scientist as great as albert einstein ...who failed maths at school and as a result had his wife check if his calculations were correct.

_G-Unit_
ye but after tht

PVS
blink

BackFire
hahaha

_G-Unit_
roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
remember, vowels are your friends yes

Linkalicious
Succeed?

Okay. I understand. Guy wants to appeal to girls. Appear cool
in front of them so he sticks up for them against another guy.

I understand man. I've seen it alot back in junior high. wink

Apparently you don't understand.

I don't share the same view point as you. I happen to share a similar view point to that of the females....it in no way means that I'm trying to appear "cool" to them because I have better things to do than portray myself as "cool" on the internet.

If you have to break out the "junior high" comments simply because I feel your reasons for believing men are more intelligent than women are pathetic....be my guest. You're the one proving a lack of maturity.

Linkalicious

lil bitchiness
I read such as well about the brain size. Medicine indicates so as well, so we will have to agree.

Cake sounds like a good idea droolio but since i have none, cookie will do!

BackFire
"meh...i'm over this arguement. I'm going to go get a funnel cake."

omfg, bring me one.

finti
you know how many men it takes to open a bottle of beer?
none, it should already be opened when she is bringing you one

BackFire
hahaha

King Burger
Yet you still reply...you MUST then care enough to tell me all about how you don't care.

Funny, but if I'm not mistaken, it was you who originally responded
to my post, not the other way around. Why?

Ignore what I write. If it's so stupid, then stop responding, both
here, and in any other thread you see me in.

Agreed?

King Burger
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I don't share the same view point as you. I happen to share a similar view point to that of the females....it in no way means that I'm trying to appear "cool" to them because I have better things to do than portray myself as "cool" on the internet.

Good for you kid.

lil bitchiness
I mostly do ignore stupidity, but sometimes, it gets little too much, and I just HAVE to respond.

Concerning you, It is not your ideas, per se that are worrying as much as your conduct is.

You do not appear ignorant in my eyes because you do not share the same view as myself, thats nonsense and would be rather arrogant and ignorant of myself first, but it is your inability to communicate to other people without patronising comments towards others who do not agree with you.

King Burger
I mostly do ignore stupidity, but sometimes, it gets little too much, and I just HAVE to respond.

Concerning you, It is not your ideas, per se that are worrying as much as your conduct is.

You do not appear ignorant in my eyes because you do not share the same view as myself, thats nonsense and would be rather arrogant and ignorant of myself first, but it is your inability to communicate to other people without patronising comments towards others who do not agree with you.

My conduct?!

Have you read every one of 1100+ posts to see if I have a
"patronising" attitude?

For you "patronising" is to disagree with you.

lil bitchiness
I don't have to. I see what you write to other people, like what you said to Line in this thread and your response to Linkalicious with ''good for you kid'' as well as your responses to finti and myself in few other threads.

I disagree with Link all the time, but unlike you we do not go out of our way to patronise or insult - took us time to learn that, but we're over the childish insults. You either are insulting and know no other way, or you do not know how to converse. Either way, your replies hold no credibility with such conduct.

You do not differentiate between attacking an idea someone has put forward and attacking the person themselves.

And you get what you give - do not expect people to give you any kind of respect or credibility to your posts, when you give none to others.

King Burger
I did have some arguments with finit, but that was in the past.

I respect him now a great deal now.

And you spot a few of my posts where I get perhaps a little angry
and suppose that that is all I do?

Jeez, if that's all I did, I'd be attacked viciously in every single
thread I post in.

But I seem to get along fine with most people. Only you have a
problem.

Even Linkalicious I had no problems with him in the comic book
forums. This current occurence is due to his own silly wise-guy
comment. But most probably this will pass, and I (and hopefully
him as well) will forget about it.

But you, you seem obsessed.

Don't differentiate between attacking the ideas and the person
making them? Who says? Do you see me going around responding
"you're an a**hole" or "f*** you moron"?

Maybe some of my responses are strong, but that's because the
original posts deserve strong responses.

The thread that degenerated into a "hate america"-fest? You think
I should sit back and say "Cute, they're all making fun of
americans...ha ha ha"?.

It is you who seems filled with anger. Go look at your own posts
in the Religion forum. Apparently for you, writing "Good for you
kid" is terrible, but writing whole posts atacking Christianity is
wonderful.

RogueGambitdare
Women are smarter than men. =p

lil bitchiness
I did have some arguments with finit, but that was in the past.

I respect him now a great deal now.

And you spot a few of my posts where I get perhaps a little angry
and suppose that that is all I do?

Jeez, if that's all I did, I'd be attacked viciously in every single
thread I post in.

But I seem to get along fine with most people. Only you have a
problem.

Even Linkalicious I had no problems with him in the comic book
forums. This current occurence is due to his own silly wise-guy
comment. But most probably this will pass, and I (and hopefully
him as well) will forget about it.

But you, you seem obsessed.

Don't differentiate between attacking the ideas and the person
making them? Who says? Do you see me going around responding
"you're an a**hole" or "f*** you moron"?

Maybe some of my responses are strong, but that's because the
original posts deserve strong responses.

The thread that degenerated into a "hate america"-fest? You think
I should sit back and say "Cute, they're all making fun of
americans...ha ha ha"?.

It is you who seems filled with anger. Go look at your own posts
in the Religion forum. Apparently for you, writing "Good for you
kid" is terrible, but writing whole posts atacking Christianity is
wonderful.

I do not attack Christians or any other people of religion, my problem are fundamentalists, and those are people, just like anyone else. Fundamentalists are ignorant people full of arrognace, and they come from all over the world and with all kinds of religion. I already made a thread in which I asked why people are so mean to Christians, I at no point said anything terrible about a group - generalisation is a terrible thing.
You read replies how you see them suit, not what is written.

I am not angry in the slightest - anger brings about hate and blinds people from the truth which ultimatly leads to bad Karma - which is ultimatly what Im trying to avoid.

I do not have a problem with anyone, much less with you. I would have to care in order to ba angry or to have a problem with you, which I do not, I was marely giving you a critisim of your own behaviour from an outside point of view.

You agreed with Link while he agreed with you, now you have a problem with him, because he disagrees with you - I think that pretty much says it all. The fact that you cannot take critisism also does - Im not putting you down in any way, im telling you how it is.

When you fail to converse properly with people who ''hate america'' you ultimately give a bad name to all other Americans on these boards who are very much nowhere near the stereotype and with that confirm the stereotype many people have of Americans. A self fulfilling prophecy of the worst kind.

BackFire
No, the following quote of yours is patronizing though -

King Burger
I do not attack Christians or any other people of religion, my problem are fundamentalists, and those are people, just like anyone else. Fundamentalists are ignorant people full of arrognace, and they come from all over the world and with all kinds of religion. I already made a thread in which I asked why people are so mean to Christians, I at no point said anything terrible about a group - generalisation is a terrible thing.
You read replies how you see them suit, not what is written.

Go back and re-read your posts.

You assume way too much, put words in my mouth and read what you feel like.

I made my point already - it had nothing to do with one religion being better than worse than the other, since they are all a lot of bullshit - islam and christianity.

I read the Quran and the Ahadith, hence I know the massive bullshit they both say.

Same goes for bible, although i have never fully read the bible - from what i have - its about as full of crap and hateret as Quran.

Hmmm, but I suppose I shouldn't get offended. Naaah. Call my
religion bulls*** and hateful. Just please don't say "Good for you
kid".

You agreed with Link while he agreed with you, now you have a problem with him, because he disagrees with you - I think that pretty much says it all. The fact that you cannot take critisism also does - Im not putting you down in any way, im telling you how it is.

I disagreed with him on many things in the comics forum. It's ot
the first time.

But like I said. That's a one-time things. Otherwise, I tend to
liek the guy from what I have read of his other posts.

When you fail to converse properly with people who ''hate america'' you ultimately give a bad name to all other Americans on these boards who are very much nowhere near the stereotype and with that confirm the stereotype many people have of Americans. A self fulfilling prophecy of the worst kind.

And what stereotype is that?

You don't see me posting "God bless america! God bless Bush!"
over and over again?

]

lil bitchiness
At what point is saying that either holy books are full of crap is attacking people?

It is not a generalisation, it is a fact - Bible and Quran preach intolerance and do not corespond with science of today - im persuming you have read them all, and the many contradictions they both have, and I can quote you both of those to prove why they are full of crap. Some scientific facts are there, although truth is subjective, we are pretty certain that the sun does not set in a muddy pond, or that people lived for 900 years each.

That is not a generalisation.

Bible and Quran being full of nonsene is a fact - God is a theory.

If you cannot believe in god without a book to tell you how to live, then that is a faith worth of re-thinking.

Powerful_Dragon
Anyones whos anyone is smart by some way, they have there own kinda knowledge.

Powerful_Dragon
smile smile sad sad big grin big grin stick out tongue stick out tongue wink eek!

Powerful_Dragon
At what point is saying that either holy books are full of crap is attacking people?

It is not a generalisation, it is a fact - Bible and Quran preach intolerance and do not corespond with science of today - im persuming you have read them all, and the many contradictions they both have, and I can quote you both of those to prove why they are full of crap. Some scientific facts are there, although truth is subjective, we are pretty certain that the sun does not set in a muddy pond, or that people lived for 900 years each.

If you cannot believe in god without a book to tell you how to live, then that is a faith worth of re-thinking.
lil bicthiness, I'm inpressed, your very highly intelligent. Were did you go to school!
Lol I mean look at the way you talk, I dont even know some words you said, lol, werid stick out tongue

King Burger

So what?!

You're a Buddhist, you think that there aren't people out there
who don't believe Buddhism if bulls*** as well?

You think reincarnation makes anymore sense than the Bible's
Heaven and Hell?

And if I use strong language when responding to someone it's
bad, yet you can't even restrain yourself when it comes to
Christianity or Islam.

If I said to you "I disagree lil bitchiness", that would be proper,
but if I said "you're full of s*** lil bitchiness" then that wouldn't
be proper.

Yet you can't even say "I disagree with what the Bible and the
Quran have to say", no, "bulls**" and "crap" and "hatred" are
the words you feel the need to use.

I write "bulls***" in one post, and you warn me about my
language. But "shit" is okay from you.

Why can't you admit that you're a hypocrite, and let's just leave
it at that, okay?

BackFire
*gets popcorn and soda* smile

Powerful_Dragon
*dose what backfire dose, and sits next to him*

Powerful_Dragon
This is like sooo funny

lil bitchiness
So what?!

You're a Buddhist, you think that there aren't people out there
who don't believe Buddhism if bulls*** as well?

You think reincarnation makes anymore sense than the Bible's
Heaven and Hell?

There are indeed people who think that, luckaly, my religion is not conserned with conversions and/or preaching to people how they will suffer eternal damnation if they do not convert.

And also, not all Buddhist agree that there is reincarnation at all...
Also, there is nothing in buddhism that can be disroven (or proven for that matter) using science - and there are many things science can disprove in the bible and quran. I'll quote some, if you wish me to.

This isn't a question about belief, but about book(s) out together by men through ages to claim its a word of god - and many of those are evidently really wrong - and can be proven wrong.

And if I use strong language when responding to someone it's
bad, yet you can't even restrain yourself when it comes to
Christianity or Islam.

If I said to you "I disagree lil bitchiness", that would be proper,
but if I said "you're full of s*** lil bitchiness" then that wouldn't
be proper.

Yet you can't even say "I disagree with what the Bible and the
Quran have to say", no, "bulls**" and "crap" and "hatred" are
the words you feel the need to use.

I write "bulls***" in one post, and you warn me about my
language. But "shit" is okay from you.

Why can't you admit that you're a hypocrite, and let's just leave
it at that, okay?

So what are we talking about now? Like I said, you get what you give - you give ''bullshit'' you get ''bullshit'' in return - its how the universe works.

Powerful_Dragon
lil bicthiness, you haaaaave to relax

BackFire
She wouldn't be lil b if she did that.

lil bitchiness
Yeah damn straight....

King Burger
So what are we talking about now? Like I said, you get what you give - you give ''bullshit'' you get ''bullshit'' in return - its how the universe works.

Well, I'm glad you admit that you're filled with enough s***
to give. Plenty of it too!

Oh, and if you were a Christian or a Muslim or a Jew, then
you'd know that as much as the accuracy of the stories
in the Holy Boks are important, faith in the One God Almighty
if the most important of all.

That's why these three faiths have nearly 2.5 billion followers.

Powerful_Dragon
lol

Powerful_Dragon
Lil b you sound like a black girl

lil bitchiness
2.5 billion followers....a lot isn't it.

Just like Nietzsche said -

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epoch it is the rule!

So, masses and masses following someting, does not make it right, does it no2

As for you - arguing with someone who's disregarded their use of reason is like giving medicine to the dead. Absolutely pointless...

http://www.bartcop.com/doubt_450.jpg

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Powerful_Dragon
Lil b you sound like a black girl I don't know if thats a compliment, either way thanks, but im not black smile

SlipknoT
I hate feminists

jeffrey23420
LOL

King Burger
Ah, yes. We're all stupid hateful misguided sheep. Except
you.

Christianity is the largest religion in the world, and Islam is
the fastest growing, but that's all a giant mistake. All those
people are dupes. From Chile to China, everyone is a fool
except Big ol' bitchiness.

Who's being an arrogant ass now?

As for you - arguing with someone who's disregarded their use of reason is like giving medicine to the dead. Absolutely pointless...

Then it must suck big time being you.

SlipknoT
Isnt Athiest the fastest growing?

lil bitchiness
Christianity is the largest religion in the world, and Islam is
the fastest growing, but that's all a giant mistake.

Christianity is the largest religion yes, and Islam is not the fastest growing - you got your fact missed up - Islamic countries have a higer birth rate, but on conrvesion levels, Christianity is still in the lead.

But yeah its what Nietzsche (Marx, Weber, Durkheim and all other sociologists and philosophrs) pagans, hindus, buddhists, scientists and all other non believers think...oh and me obviously!

Then it must suck big time being you.

Nope, I use reason, instead of blind submition...

King Burger
Christianity is the largest religion yes, and Islam is not the fastest growing - you got your fact missed up - Islamic countries have a higer birth rate, but on conrvesion levels, Christianity is still in the lead.

Who said otherwise?

Islam's growth is indeed due birthrates. But so what?

The point is that muslims and christians continue to
grow.

You want to argue about how children are just following
in their parent's footsteps, fine. But countless millions,
especially in Europe and N.America are not being forced
to follow anything.

But I suppose they're all sheep. All the hundreds of
millions living in relatively free countries and can easily
convert, are sheep.

The Christians who get arested in some countries like
Saudi Arabia or China, are sheep.

The many who converted to Islam even after the 9-11