The Thing Is Class 100?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
I WAS READING ONE OF THE COMICS IN FF VOL.3 WHEN THE THING FIGHTS LIKE HUNDREDS OF MUTANT CLONES OF HIMSELF AND HE EVEN SAID THAT HE COULD LIFT WELL OVER 100 TONS!

Scoobless
jeez.......... no need to shout dude

Cosmic Cube
HE'S RIGHT THOUGH.

DarkCrawler
YEAH.

armandovalles
see i just hate it when everyone underestimates the thing just because he has never beaten the hulk, i mean, most people cant, but they never get underestimated and said to be weaker than they really are. I mean, like how everyone says the thing is only class 85, thats bullshit, he easily lifts well over 100 tons, and in fantastic four #112 him and the hulk fought for hours and if it wasnt for the army tanks attacking the thing who had gone insane in #111, the thing wouldve won because he was winning before the tanks really got involved

Scoobless
yeah, the Thing is definitely getting stronger over the years due to cosmic ray absorbtion (i think)

Cosmic Cube
Thing kicks ass. Yeah he loses to Hulk most of the time, but who doesn't?

He knocked the shitoutta Cyborg Superman in a crossover, one of his finer moments.

armandovalles
EXACTLY

savagerampage
since when is he 100 class marvel still lists him as 85/90?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Scoobless
yeah, the Thing is definitely getting stronger over the years due to cosmic ray absorbtion (i think) Yeah, apparently that's what Future Thing said. What I find strange is Future Thing should be just as good, if not better, than Thing at fighting and stronger/more durable yet Thing beat him.

savagerampage
go figure

armandovalles
hes 100 he even stated it himself

juggernaut74
If I say I can bench 500 lbs does that mean I can do it?

armandovalles
oh and even though future thing wasnt stated to be stronger or more durable, i think he was cuz he was much bigger than the the original thing and the only reason he died first was cuz he didnt have ben's determination

Magee
I never did like the Thing. "Its clobbering time!" I mean wtf is that? I guess it was growing up watching the 90s fantastic four series, i always hated his accent.

stormfront13
i know the thing is strong but how did she-hulk max out all his strength w/ one arm?? yeah he is strong but imo he shouldn't be over 100 if she did it w/ one hand

armandovalles
WHEN DID SHE?

stormfront13
not that long ago

armandovalles
IN WHAT COMIC THOUGH?

armandovalles
I THINK THAT WAS PROBLY JUST BAD WRITING, CUZ SHE-HULK PROBLY COULDNT EVEN BEAT SOMEONE IN CLASS 30 WITH ONE HAND IF IT WAS GOOD WRITING

stormfront13
um.... i think in a ff comic cause it happened in their tower but i'm not sure though i just know it happened though

armandovalles
WELL LIKE I SAID BEFORE IT WAS DEFINITELY JUST BAD WRITING

stormfront13
no offense but do you know anything about she-hulk?? well...... her strength was doubled and now she should be like 150 base strength and she is continually getting stronger. she beat someone called the champion when they didn't have some gem andshe arm wrestled hercules and let him win even though she wasn';t even trying. now she can't even control her strength and has to wear a special suit to contain it

armandovalles
DUDE NO, SHES NO STRONGER THAN EVER. I HAVE THE COMIC WERE SHE BEATS THE CHAMPION AND AFTERWARDS GLADIATOR SAYS THAT SHE STILL "ARE NOT IN YOUR COUSIN'S OR EVEN MY LEAGUE" AND SAYS SHE STILL HAS A LONG WAY TO GO TO BE ABLE TO HANG WITH THE BIG BOYS.

armandovalles
SO NO, SHE HAS NOT EVER INCREASED HER STRENGTH, THE ONLY WAY HER STRENGTH CAN INCREASE IS BY WORKING OUT.

GalacticStorm
Sorry but i gotta support stormfront on this 1. Im not gonna repeat myself but if u wanna find out about how storng she hulk is then read my post in the how strong is she hulk thread. She did max out things limit wiv one arm and it was far from bad writing.

armandovalles
YEA BUT WHEN WAS THIS?

armandovalles
AND PLUS, I MAY NOT KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT SHE-HULK BUT, NO OFFENSE, U GUYS DONT KNOW ABOUT THE THING LIKE I DO, I HAVE LIKE ALMOST EVERY FF ISSUE EVER MADE.

GalacticStorm
About 3 months ago in her own comic series its recent so if you're really that bothered then pick up a back issue where you'll see she-hulk humiliate your hero.

armandovalles
DUDE, THE HULK CAN'T EVEN HUMILIATE THE THING, SURE HE CAN BEAT HIM BUT NOT HUMILIATE HIM, SO HOW COULD SHE-HULK!!!!!

NO LEAVE ME ALONE UNTIL U GO READ SOME FF ISSUES.

GalacticStorm
Thats a bit of a massive assumption to make isnt it? I dont ever recall debating wiv u before so how are you to know the depth of my knowledge or what i read. She hulk is now a lot stronger than thing, collossus, wonderman and hercules. Pick up the comic previously mentioned and find that out for yourself. Its in the comics its set in stone. If u hav any issues then write to marvel.

GalacticStorm
I meant humiliate him by maxing out his limit with one arm. I never said once she could beat him because he holds his own against the hulk. But now in terms of strength she sh*ts on him. Simple as

armandovalles
I DONT LIKE SHE-HULK, SHES JUST A POORLY MADE CHARACTER IN MY OPINION SO CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT HER.

OH AND BY THE WAY IF IF DID MULTIPLY HOW DO U KNOW SHE'S NOT AT LIKE 300 AND THATS WHY SHE WAS ABLE TO HANDLE THE THING WITH ONE HAND? AND DO U KNOW FOR SURE IF THAT WAS THE THING'S LIMIT CUZ EVEN IF SHE-HULK IS STRONGER THE THING IS A MUCH BETTER FIGHTER.

armandovalles
WELL I DONT CARE IF SHE-HULK IS STRONGER! I'M JUST HAPPY WITH THE THING BEING IN CLASS 100+ STRENGTH BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT, HE WAS MARVEL'S FIRST STRONGMAN, SO HE SHOULD BE IN CL 100+, WHICH HE IS NOW, AND THAT IS PROVEN IN FF VOL. 3 #58-59

armandovalles
BY MAXING OUT HIS LIMIT DO U MEAN THAT SHE-HULK ARM-WRESTLED THE THING AND THE THING USED 2 HANDS AND STILL COULDNT WIN OR DID SHE FIGHT HIM WITH ONE HAND?

GalacticStorm
It was the things limit cos it happened at the FF's HQ and Reed was there and said it was the things maximum ever and the thing was there and said how humiliating it was. Especially cos she was a girl. I never said she would win in her fight cos yeah he is a better fighter and he holds his own against a lot stronger people. Its just that she is now far stronger than him now.

armandovalles
so it was in arm wrestling? and the thing used 2 hands and she-hulk used one?

GalacticStorm
She was finding out her new strength levels on this weight machine and because he used to be a little stronger than her they started her on his maximum he'd ever lifted and she did it with one arm quite comfortably

Heracles
He means she lifted the Things max weight (as in tons) with one hand.

I think you will find that Namors a strong guy and an older character than the Thing....

When you say you have every issue of FF with Thing it do you have the first issue from the 60s cause you will be a rich man if you sell it......

And can you please ditch the caps lock!

armandovalles
oh, oh well, thats in a strength test, in a fight shed get her ass kicked

armandovalles
but anyway, im just happy that they finally put the thing in CL 100+

armandovalles
oh and by the way i just looked it up and even in the review on marvel.com it said the new she-hulk series was well-drawn, yet poorly written, so HA!

GalacticStorm
Wel she-hulks across the board has been getting rave reviews so HA!! If you judge something according to one person or publications viewpoint then i feel very sorry for u indeed.

armandovalles
no i judge it on the spokespeople and writers of marvel, so HA! HA! HA!

Heracles
Ive never seen the She Hulk series get a bad review give me a link so I can read it myself.

Heracles
So Marvel are slagging off there own product....Interesting sales tactic doubt it will catch on though....

armandovalles
BUT U NO SOMETHING, EITHER WAY I DONT CARE, I DONT WANNA ARGUE, I'M JUST HAPPY THAT THE THINGS FINALLY IN CL 100+ AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, THATS THE ONLY REAL REASON I STARTED THIS TOPIC, JUST SO EVERYONE REALIZES THAT THE THING CAN FINALLY LIFT WELL OVER 100 TONS

juggernaut74
Well in June the FF Handbook comes out and it will say in there if he is class 100 or not. And it will say if he is bigger also.

Heracles
Again with the caps lock.....So theres no link then?

GalacticStorm
Well i cant wait for the handbook to come out and say class 85 so this whole topic can be be declared VOID!!

armandovalles
just go out and buy ff vol.3 #58-59 and it will tell you in there

armandovalles
the handbooks are always bullshit, they said venom could lift 60 tons?!

Tony Stark
Who ever wrote that storyline should be hung by the gonads, all the while being eaten by red army ants.

Please! No disrespecting SHE-HULK, but there isn't one marvelite that i know ( and i know some comic-geeks. Me included.) that would have ever even humorously thought about that kind of storyline to piss off a THING fan.

Laughable IMO

laughing out loud

stormfront13
whats wrong w/ pissing off a thing fan?? cause i'm the one that brought up that story line i think

armandovalles
hey galacticstorm go to this site

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/spiderman/thing.html

the S) means strength, and it says 100 after it so there, its been proven.

GalacticStorm
Well either way i still believe he's class 85 because theres a big difference between boasting you can do something and actually coming up with the goods. Which the thing has yet to do. If he did lift 100 tons on that occassion when he was under pressure or duress it means nothing because it wouldnt be something he could regularly do unlike say.....SHE HULK!! Mwahahahahahah

armandovalles
just go to the site, stop ur babblin', shut your mouth, and admit he's @ 100

juggernaut74
Originally posted by armandovalles
the handbooks are always bullshit, they said venom could lift 60 tons?! No it dont. Mine says 11 tons.

armandovalles
is it the huge book that says official marvel encyclopedia on the cover with a pic of spidey, doc ock, and kingpin on the cover?

juggernaut74
No. Its the one that says Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Spiderman(2004)

Tony Stark
Originally posted by stormfront13
whats wrong w/ pissing off a thing fan?? cause i'm the one that brought up that story line i think Happy Dance The writer of the comic, not the tread.

armandovalles
ive never seen one that says that, but mine's 2003 so i could be wrong

juggernaut74
I have the one you mentioned and it dont say Venom can lift 60 tons. I actually have all of the encyclopedias and handbooks and none of them say Venom can lift 60 tons or that Thing can lift 100.

Heracles
Thing was class 100 when he was spikey so its possible that he is class 100 now...However it will take more than some free site created by some roleplayers who have taken the orginal Things stats and changed the str to UN to convince me...

The same roleplaying game once gave Thor at MN (class 75-85) strength so Im not buying into that as proof.

But knowing marvel he could well be shame they haven't updated there own site to support the comics claims though....

GalacticStorm
Giv it up. Hes a gd fighter and hes strong but hes just not a powerhouse like she hulk and many many others who hav earned there place in class 100 just cos they hav better powers.

armandovalles
whatever go buy ff vol. 3 #58 & 59 and shut your mouths.

Tony Stark
hey galacticstorm go to this site

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/spiderman/thing.html

the S) means strength, and it says 100 after it so there, its been proven.

cool "Then it so!"

Welcome Ben! Class 100 strength. We've been waiting. It's Ben too long. "sorry for the pun, i had to do it." you where patient.

juggernaut74
Slightly off topic here but I think that Colossus is class 100 now for sure. Cause in my X-men guide from 2003 it says that he can lift over 100 tons. I still found nothing on Thing doing that.

Heracles
Nice comeback....Nice to know the art of debate isn't dead..

armandovalles
yea but by the way colossus is definitely now cl 100 in ultimate, im not sure in mainstream

Heracles
It's pretty much been established that Mainstream Colossus is class 100.

armandovalles
cool

i dont wanna start an argument again, but i no for sure that the thing in ultimate is well over class 100 and is much bigger, he's now 6'8'' and 1,500 pounds, and this info i got from a wizard magazine so dont try to argue against me on this one!

Heracles
No one is theres a thread about Ultimate Thing being stronger than Ultimate Hulk somewhere.

armandovalles
yea i no, ive sent a few messages ther myself also

GalacticStorm
So im gonna believe a budget fanboy website over marvels own bios and the comic books themselves? Yeah oookay. Storms my fave xman but i know for sure she isnt in the same energy wielding/projection class as magneto and that thor could easily out do her and her weather control. I just except it and carrying on loving the comics shes featured in. I suggest you do the same.

armandovalles
ok man, were kinda not talkin about that ne more so either get into this conversation and forget that one, or **** off.

GalacticStorm
Fair dos its probably best that u moved on anyway its pointless arguing over a lost cause. Anyway peeps is ultimate collossus really class 100? I thought they'd at least follow the mainstream a bit and have him begin at class 70. I havent seen him do any feats which suggest hes as powerful as that. I could have forgotten tho. Any1?

armandovalles
yeah, hes definitely cl 100, he stopped a moving train cold, stopped iron man cold, and overcame magneto's hold on him!

savagerampage
Mainstream collossus is class 100, thing im trying to find out if he is. but its all saying the same THING class 90

juggernaut74
Well one time he lifted and carried a sunken Russian Submarine out of the water to shore all by himself. And then another time he Stopped a train with eight or so carts on it dead in its tracks, thats gotta be heavy.

armandovalles
was colossus really ever that weak, cl 70? damn, i always thought he was like at least 80 or 85

savagerampage
Juggernaut74 was that thing or collossus?

yeah collossus used to be a chump. he would get punked out by alot of people. im glad he got the upgrade, his name means he should have some type of strength.

GalacticStorm
well i wouldnt class class 70 as weak. sasquatch plus she hulk originally were class 75 and we couldnt hav called them weak bk in the day

armandovalles
well i dont mean weak i just meant that i thought he was a lot stronger, sry

juggernaut74
Originally posted by savagerampage
Juggernaut74 was that thing or collossus?

yeah collossus used to be a chump. he would get punked out by alot of people. im glad he got the upgrade, his name means he should have some type of strength. Colossus did those things.

armandovalles
hell yea, colossus in ultimate is the man

juggernaut74
Well he kicked Irom Mans @ss and Thors @ss in the same issue so yea you could say he is the man.

savagerampage
well a submarine does weigh more then 100 tons, same with a train with 8 cars or so. So yeah that proves hes 100 tons.

juggernaut74
The submarine was under water also. So that would make it heavier I would think and harder to move cause of the pressure of the water.

savagerampage
yep that is correct as well. dammit marvel should really update there characters a lil bit more frequently

Wynndar
Yea FF V3 58 and 59 are pretty sweet issues...it explains how complex the Thing's powers r...he does have the potential to be more powerful than practically any other power house. IMO Thing's strength just depends on the writer...I also believe the reason many bio's still rate the Thing at class 85 at 6' 500lbs is because those r the "classic thing" states. Regardless, he gets stronger with time...its the nature of his powers...saying he doesnt get stronger is like saying mr. fantastic cant stretch. And about the She-Hulk thing...She Hulk is probably stronger than the Thing right now...doesnt mean she is tougher or a btter fighter...the Thing would still trash her IMO. She held up the Thing's max with one hand eh? please show me a time when the Thing has ever revealed to anyone what his true max is? everytime Reed has attempted to test him he broke the equipment or trashed the lab..."I dont want anyone knowin how strong I am" -Thing
Thus everytime someone tried to restrain the Thing, they've done it under the assumption that he was class 85: Doom, Wizard, Facade...when they locked up the Thing he eventually broke lose cuz they rated him at 85.

armandovalles
yea so do u beleive me at least when i say hes cl 100?

ScarletSpider
I believe that he's class 100, and glad someone finally got around to finding an example, and telling us.

I also believe Shulkie could beat the shit out of him. But I still love the Thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/MarchToFuzzMH/max0093.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/MarchToFuzzMH/max0111.jpg

GalacticStorm
Thanx for that SS

juggernaut74
Im still not convinced just because some writer said he was class 100. I will wait fo the Handbook in June. He should be that strong but I dont really think he is.

Horrificus
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
well i wouldnt class class 70 as weak. sasquatch plus she hulk originally were class 75 and we couldnt hav called them weak bk in the day

Just being class 100 doesn't, or didn't always mean that you won the fight.

In the What If? that had the Grandmaster reviving dead heroes and holding a contest against live heroes, Hyperion broke Wonderman's arm, then drove him through the entire planet and into the Sun. Since it was to the death, and was considered a win for Hyperion, I guess he killed Wonderman that way.

And, at the time, Hyperion had class 75 strenth, and wonderman was class 95.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Horrificus
Just being class 100 doesn't, or didn't always mean that you won the fight.

In the What If? that had the Grandmaster reviving dead heroes and holding a contest against live heroes, Hyperion broke Wonderman's arm, then drove him through the entire planet and into the Sun. Since it was to the death, and was considered a win for Hyperion, I guess he killed Wonderman that way.

And, at the time, Hyperion had class 75 strenth, and wonderman was class 95.

Why exactly is this directed at me? confused

thesilverspider
Why exactly is this directed at me? confused
He want's one of your famous 8 sentence long paragraphs...DUH!!!!!!

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by thesilverspider
He want's one of your famous 8 sentence long paragraphs...DUH!!!!!!

You really gotta work on that humour SS sad

thesilverspider
You really gotta work on that humour SS sad
Ofcourse you're not gonna find it amusing.......

GalacticStorm
Ofcourse you're not gonna find it amusing.......

Problem is i dont think anyone else does particularly sad

thesilverspider
Who asked you........... mad

GalacticStorm
Who asked you........... mad

Well it does involve me just a little bit. confused

Why you trying it all of a sudden anyway? wink

Sir Whirlysplat

Didn't they? laughing

thesilverspider
Well it does involve me just a little bit. confused

Why you trying it all of a sudden anyway? wink
big grin ............

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Didn't they? laughing

Well you were a given. wink

I was just waiting for you to be the first person to reply to that. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Well you were a given. wink

I was just waiting for you to be the first person to reply to that. smile

wink

Marcus4600
So, why is it a big surprise that Benjamin J. Grimm, the ever-lovin blue eyed Thing can lift 100+? He broke that barrier a while back. As long as he keeps improving his strength through exercise and weight lifting, his strength will continually increase. Colossus, in theory, is the same way since he's now 100+ as well, now that he's a full grown beast.

Rewmac
The Thing is a cool muddafakka big grinbig grin I like him actuall. Not the typical Hulk or Juggy type, he got style big grinbig grin

Rewmac
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7771/thething020fi.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8513/thething012ib.jpg
See ? He is strong as hell big grinbig grinbig grin Happy Dance

Marcus4600
Ben Grimm does have style. That dude is AMAZINGLY COOL! I mean, he's the typical New Yorker, but the fact he's made of organic rock and is capable of lifting over 100 tons makes him something just beyond belief. Also, he's just fun to read.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Marcus4600
So, why is it a big surprise that Benjamin J. Grimm, the ever-lovin blue eyed Thing can lift 100+? He broke that barrier a while back. As long as he keeps improving his strength through exercise and weight lifting, his strength will continually increase. Colossus, in theory, is the same way since he's now 100+ as well, now that he's a full grown beast.

Colossus was a teenager when he started out in 1975 (about 17 i believe) so it was only natural for his strength to increase over time. In fact that point was stated in all of his past bios prior to his recentish upgrade. Thing was full grown and on top of that nowhere has it been stated in an official source that he is class 100. If im wrong then please direct me to the appropriate source.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Rewmac
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7771/thething020fi.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8513/thething012ib.jpg
See ? He is strong as hell big grinbig grinbig grin Happy Dance

Thats Ultimate Thing so that scan is irrelevant. On top of that stopping a truck dead with your body and brushing off bullets is something achievable by Rogue. That scan wouldnt have helped your case anyway.

coffeeguy
I agree with one of the previos posts that thing has the capacity to be one of the strongest powerhouses out there. if gamma radiation can produce the likes of hulk and abomination , cosmic rays or whatnot should be a good catalyst as any to create 100 ton strong thing.

Marcus4600
Colossus was a teenager when he started out in 1975 (about 17 i believe) so it was only natural for his strength to increase over time. In fact that point was stated in all of his past bios prior to his recentish upgrade. Thing was full grown and on top of that nowhere has it been stated in an official source that he is class 100. If im wrong then please direct me to the appropriate source.

Quote from Wikipedia:
The Thing's strength has increased over the years since his initial exposure to cosmic rays. Originally, the Thing possessed superhuman strength sufficient to lift about 5 tons. His strength has increased considerably over the years, due partially to the unique exercise equipment designed for him by Reed Richards. Gradually, the Thing's strength has been increasing more and more, and he is no longer a 85-ton range character, but now a "Class 100" Level character, meaning the upward limits of his strength are, for the most part, unknown. Currently, the Thing has vast superhuman strength with an unknown limit of far over 100 tons, yet it is still known that, although his strength has increased over time, he is still inferior to other characters such as the Hulk and Juggernaut.

snoopdogg
Does anybody have a scan of a bio that says Thing can lift 100 tons? I still think he is 85 tons unless somebody can show proof.

soujaboy09
All I can do is lauph at Thing, 100 tons? yeah right. He's suppose to be strong well this is all I see.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/secretwarsii007234qb.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/secretwarsii0072451rn.jpg

jrodslam
Originally posted by soujaboy09
All I can do is lauph at Thing, 100 tons? yeah right. He's suppose to be strong well this is all I see.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/secretwarsii007234qb.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/secretwarsii0072451rn.jpg

laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

That should go in the owned thread.

Lucid Lui
Doesn't Thing grab his leg and trip him over or something?

soujaboy09
No he's ko'd

GalacticStorm
Quote from Wikipedia:
The Thing's strength has increased over the years since his initial exposure to cosmic rays. Originally, the Thing possessed superhuman strength sufficient to lift about 5 tons. His strength has increased considerably over the years, due partially to the unique exercise equipment designed for him by Reed Richards. Gradually, the Thing's strength has been increasing more and more, and he is no longer a 85-ton range character, but now a "Class 100" Level character, meaning the upward limits of his strength are, for the most part, unknown. Currently, the Thing has vast superhuman strength with an unknown limit of far over 100 tons, yet it is still known that, although his strength has increased over time, he is still inferior to other characters such as the Hulk and Juggernaut.

Anyone can alter the info on Wikipedia and type in their own entries. Its not conclusive evidence. Show some on panel evidence or a bio where its stated.

Marcus4600
Bio's state that he's class 85, but he can increase his strength through weightlifting and exercise, so he could be class 100 at this point.

King_Mungi
Bio's state that he's class 85, but he can increase his strength through weightlifting and exercise, so he could be class 100 at this point.

Where does it state that?

HulkIsHulk
see i just hate it when everyone underestimates the thing just because he has never beaten the hulk, i mean, most people cant, but they never get underestimated and said to be weaker than they really are. I mean, like how everyone says the thing is only class 85, thats bullshit, he easily lifts well over 100 tons, and in fantastic four #112 him and the hulk fought for hours and if it wasnt for the army tanks attacking the thing who had gone insane in #111, the thing wouldve won because he was winning before the tanks really got involved
Don't be silly, he didn't even look close to winning

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Magee
I never did like the Thing. "Its clobbering time!" I mean wtf is that? I guess it was growing up watching the 90s fantastic four series, i always hated his accent.
Then GTFO. Stop disrespecting him. Keep the hate to yourself. We don't need the poison. Or it'll be ITS CLOBBERING TIME

HulkIsHulk
I THINK THAT WAS PROBLY JUST BAD WRITING, CUZ SHE-HULK PROBLY COULDNT EVEN BEAT SOMEONE IN CLASS 30 WITH ONE HAND IF IT WAS GOOD WRITING
Another silly statement. A class 75 at least, a class 100 at her best or in her berseker rage (yes, she has such a form) can't do that. C'mon stop lowballing other characters to show up your favorite character. And also like above, don't lie

HulkIsHulk
DUDE NO, SHES NO STRONGER THAN EVER. I HAVE THE COMIC WERE SHE BEATS THE CHAMPION AND AFTERWARDS GLADIATOR SAYS THAT SHE STILL "ARE NOT IN YOUR COUSIN'S OR EVEN MY LEAGUE" AND SAYS SHE STILL HAS A LONG WAY TO GO TO BE ABLE TO HANG WITH THE BIG BOYS.
That means nothing when concerned to between she hulk and thing. Gladiator, Hulk, Thor, Gilgamesh are at the topmost of the strong guys' list, while the Thing is strong, he's still not there.

HulkIsHulk
DUDE, THE HULK CAN'T EVEN HUMILIATE THE THING, SURE HE CAN BEAT HIM BUT NOT HUMILIATE HIM, SO HOW COULD SHE-HULK!!!!!

NO LEAVE ME ALONE UNTIL U GO READ SOME FF ISSUES.
He said the incident was a humiliation, not that she humiliated him. Also, Hulk has humiliated Thing a lot of times. Against Professor Hulk thing has always got roflstomped the moment Banner got serious, every single time. Read those issues without bias, and also check out other character's books to see how strong they are

HulkIsHulk
WELL I DONT CARE IF SHE-HULK IS STRONGER! I'M JUST HAPPY WITH THE THING BEING IN CLASS 100+ STRENGTH BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT, HE WAS MARVEL'S FIRST STRONGMAN, SO HE SHOULD BE IN CL 100+, WHICH HE IS NOW, AND THAT IS PROVEN IN FF VOL. 3 #58-59
A stataement is no proof my friend

HulkIsHulk
oh, oh well, thats in a strength test, in a fight shed get her ass kicked
no one disagreed with that

HulkIsHulk
I DONT LIKE SHE-HULK, SHES JUST A POORLY MADE CHARACTER IN MY OPINION SO CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT HER.

OH AND BY THE WAY IF IF DID MULTIPLY HOW DO U KNOW SHE'S NOT AT LIKE 300 AND THATS WHY SHE WAS ABLE TO HANDLE THE THING WITH ONE HAND? AND DO U KNOW FOR SURE IF THAT WAS THE THING'S LIMIT CUZ EVEN IF SHE-HULK IS STRONGER THE THING IS A MUCH BETTER FIGHTER.
And hate and bias is showing

Endless Mike
Funny that this was bumped.

Anyway the Marvel class system stopped being literal a long time ago. Even Spider-Man has feats that would require way more physical strength than it would take to lift 100 tons. People have done calculations to prove this. Lifting 100 tons is really not that impressive overall. Even back in the 60s Ben was lifting, throwing, punching, and smashing things that would realistically weigh thousands or even millions of tons. A few decades after that he was doing stuff like knocking around a living black hole that had more mass than the entire planet Earth, or beating the crap out of a guy who was completely unscathed by his planet collapsing from under him, the remains getting sucked into the core of a red giant star, shot through a wormhole halfway across the universe into the core of the sun, and blasted back out into space.

BTW, the energy in joules required to lift a weight weighing 100 tons (90718.5 kg) 1 meter off the ground under standard Earth gravity can be determined from the gravitational potential energy formula: Mass (90718.5) * Height (1) * Acceleration due to gravity (9.81 m/s^2)

That ends up with 889,948.485 joules. That's less energy than the impact caused by a small truck moving at average highway speeds.

HulkIsHulk
the handbooks are always bullshit, they said venom could lift 60 tons?!
Venom can temporarily increase his mass and thereby his strength at emergency situations. But i agree handbooks are bullshiiiiiiiiiit

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Doesn't Thing grab his leg and trip him over or something?

Originally posted by soujaboy09
No he's ko'd
Liar fanboy
http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/scans15/SWII7_vsJuggernaut3.jpg

riv6672
An argument going on with someone who's pretty obviously not here anymore?laughing out loud
Now i've seen it all.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Funny that this was bumped.

Anyway the Marvel class system stopped being literal a long time ago. Even Spider-Man has feats that would require way more physical strength than it would

take to lift 100 tons. People have done calculations to prove this. Lifting 100 tons is really not that impressive overall. Even back in the 60s Ben was

lifting, throwing, punching, and smashing things that would realistically weigh thousands or even millions of tons. A few decades after that he was doing

stuff like knocking around a living black hole that had more mass than the entire planet Earth, or beating the crap out of a guy who was completely

unscathed by his planet collapsing from under him, the remains getting sucked into the core of a red giant star, shot through a wormhole halfway across the

universe into the core of the sun, and blasted back out into space.
You mean this
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11113/111135095/3842244-3839446-3484189-thing%2B1.jpeg

With all that being said, I beleive Thing had legimately proved himself to have class 100 strength with these feats

Benjamin Grimm (Earth-616) - Marvel Comics Database
http://marvel.wikia.com/Benjamin_Grimm_(Earth-616)

Lifting a 150 ton glass and steel pyramid
http://i.imgur.com/3hfq02i.jpg

Successfully holding back a giant alien spacecraft from jettisoning from Earth - Marvel Knights 4 #7
http://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/morefantasticfour9.jpg

lifting an oil rig and stopping a multiple story building (weighing roughly 30,000 tons) from falling over and lifting it back into place - Fantastic Four

oil rig-http://i.imgur.com/ZwrmkxK.jpg
30000 ton building-http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/undominanthybrid/media/Thing%20power/liftbuilding2723633-ff_v1_095_07_zps7c8d6882.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Another feats include holding bridges main cables together for an extended period (which support about 10,000 tons) - Strange Tales #131 and Fantastic Four

http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/images/misc/StrangeTales131.jpg
http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/images/misc/ff234.jpg

The most impressive feat, however, was to overpower a pile driver mechanism stated to be powerful enough to push through a planet - Fantastic Four #92
http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/undominanthybrid/media/Thing%20power/Planetdrillingmachinepush_zpsdae93ba0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

As you can see, Ben was injured whiel performing that feat. The laser blast was so powerful he nearly shitting in his pants, despite how tough on the

inside we know he is. So that's really a great feat

Deadline
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I believe that he's class 100, and glad someone finally got around to finding an example, and telling us.

I also believe Shulkie could beat the shit out of him. But I still love the Thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/MarchToFuzzMH/max0093.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/MarchToFuzzMH/max0111.jpg

When did She Hulk become stronger than Thing?

Endless Mike
When she beat the Champion, probably...

riv6672
I'm s huge Ben Grimm fan, but am fine with him not being class 100 if he's not.
Ben's about heart, and he can outfight stronger opponents.

Endless Mike
The classes as they are used actually don't mean much of anything these days.

riv6672
Yes and no.
Both the classes and the depictions of a character will get backed depending on the argument/point being made.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.