Why didnt Yoda join the Darkside??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Subjekt
Ok, i know what some of you are thinking, and some self proclaimed cool-guy will try to spit flames, but listen...we all know what Yoda said about fear. What it leads to is ultimately the darkside......but what was it that he said to OB1 at the end of TPM? "Grave danger i FEAR in his training." Now dont tell me something like "its different" cause Anakin was told not to miss people or be afraid of losing his mother. Yoda had to know that if he joins the darkside alot of the Jedi could be killed, and i'd say that alot of people dying should bother someone more than just one person dying. So, whats the deal? Why didnt anyone ever say anything about it? How bout this,"once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." I dont think that Yoda is the only exception to that. Could it be poor writing by GL or what? Give me your opinions.

Ushgarak
Gee, that's just being massively literal. It's giving into your feelings and letting them control you, rather than the other way around, that is bad. Jedi aren't robots- they still HAVE emotions. But they are the master of them, and they do not use them to power themselves, as the Dark Side does, tempting as it is.

Yoda thought Anakin was dangerously fearful, and was not confident that he would control that- in which he was absolutely right; Anakin's fear of losing his attachments is indeed what he fails to control.

DarkYoda
He did join the darkside!!! LOL!! J/K

Sesse
Perhaps he was just making a strong point? How else was he supposed to say it:

"I think that unwise would it be to train young Skywalker. yes yes. very unwise."

Now, is this statement indicating fear?

"Im afraid I can't let you in"
None.

Edit:

Now i got it!

That old lady in the Jedi Archives was the real sith!

"I *hate* to say it, but the system you are searching for doesn't exits."
"If an item does not appear in our records, it doesn't exist!"

So she was in the hate-part on her journey towards the darkside!

And she tried to misquide Kenobi. Thats it! She is the sith! Happy Dance

Darth_Janus
Dark side Yoda would be a sight. Lightning hitting people's kneecaps. Dozens of calfless Jedi, squirming in pain. Phone books on the evil throne.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Sesse
Perhaps he was just making a strong point? How else was he supposed to say it:

"I think that unwise would it be to train young Skywalker. yes yes. very unwise."

Now, is this statement indicating fear?

"Im afraid I can't let you in"
None.

Edit:

Now i got it!

That old lady in the Jedi Archives was the real sith!

"I *hate* to say it, but the system you are searching for doesn't exits."
"If an item does not appear in our records, it doesn't exist!"

So she was in the hate-part on her journey towards the darkside!

And she tried to misquide Kenobi. Thats it! She is the sith! Happy Dance

first off smart ass, theres a difference in saying im afraid i cant let you in and I fear something. And as far as your "unwise" comment......"you are unwise to lower your defenses." And thats coming from a sith, so that kinda discredits that smart remark. And actully on a third note, that dumb trick from the library/archieves, had a thing for Count Dooku, so yes she could be in on it. Anakin said he was afraid of that being his first assignment and that was put in there for that exact reason, to show hes starting down the dark path. So what are you gonna say now, smart guy?

Darth_Janus
I think someone's angrier than hell at life and taking it out on others. It's a forum, man. Leave the hardcore attitude at the door.

Darth Subjekt
im a generally happy person, its when i ask a question and someone tries to be a smart ass for no reason that pisses me off. You dont know me from Adam. So dont ever try judge me or think you know me dude. If you want a hardcore attitude ill show you one. So keep me and my name out of your little young, suburban, wannabe detroit gangsta ass, mouth. Prolly live in like Port Huron or something like that.

How was anything i said "angry"? Cause i called him a smart ass?oooohhhhh, im so mad now............no. Dont test me son....YOURE NOT B-RABBIT, EMINEM OR ANYONE ELSE FROM DETROIT.

Darth Subjekt
The only one who came with an intellagent answer or point of view was Ush. And yea its literal, but with the Jedi, everything appears to be literal. He didnt say, "Im afraid young Skywalker wont turn out right." he said, "Grave Danger i fear in his training." Meaning he felt a great amount of fear. And if thats the beginning of the dark path, why was that never an issue? From what i got from it, he had genuine fear in him. I know its giving into it that leads to someones ultimate demise, but why not with Yoda?

Janus, before it goes any further, lets stop. I apologize for some of the things i said, just please dont assume you know me or how i am, fair enough?

SithSpy
I see what your saying but I wouldnt apply it like that either, I would tend to agree with Ush that the Jedi, especially Yoda master their feelings not the other way around, allthough i often wondered why, if they saw such bad things in his future did they give in to allowing his training

Darth_Janus
Let's stop this. Stop what? I didn't start anything. I just thought you were out of line calling someone a smart ass. And I'll stick to that. Then you went out of your way to insult me, a person you don't know from Adam, a person you don't know like you claim I don't know you, and about the only thing you can sling back in my face is the fact that my profile says I live near Detroit. Something, I might add, that does not make me a gangster (I'm as far from that as can be). I've put that I live near Detroit because most people, especially in a setting where people come from all parts of the world, don't know more specific places names like the name of the township in which I live.

But I'm sure you knew that when you replied, yes? You may have apologized in that halfassed way (and honestly I could care less if you did or didn't) but you should be aware that you were very out of line in insulting the other person, and even moreso attacking me. If "I think someone's angrier than hell at life and taking it out on others. It's a forum, man. Leave the hardcore attitude at the door." is enough to invoke the almighty wrath of you, then I suggest anger management or tranquilizers.

And if you take this personally, well... shame on you. I can spit back and forth on this board until the day one of us dies, but I have yet to leave this place with my day ruined over someone's post.

Captain REX
You might want to reread the post again, Subjekt, from Ush.

The Jedi have emotions, but they control them, rather than use them. Sith use their emotions (fear, hatred, envy, etc.). Jedi don't.

Yoda can be afraid that Anakin's training won't go will, which it doesn't. However, he doesn't use this fear to deck someone with the Force.

And quit your whining and bickering, it's embarrasing to the both of you's. stick out tongue

JKozzy
Why didnt Yoda join the Darkside?

Maybe it smelled bad.

Darth Subjekt
If you want me to attack you *****, i will. And i promise you wont like it...

Darth_Janus
I've given you all I have to say. I won't be drawn any further into a fight. You were disrespectful and combative. You still are. I stand by that.

Darth Subjekt
ya know what, first off, it had nothing to do with you. You got in something that didn't concern you. You said your little spiel, i said mine, and then i came back to try to defuse the situation before it got to this. But YOU wanted to try to come back and be a smart ass and try to get your little quips in, and i wanted to let it go, but in your holier than thou response in calling me a hypocrite, you did the same. You talk of disrespect and combativeness, yet your post was filled with such remarks. You feel disrespected as I did when i asked a simple question, and then you couldn't handle it. And since when is speaking your mind disrespectful in the first place? If someone is being a smart ass, most anyone will call them on it. Its not disrespect, its pointing out the obvious. But you, nor anyone else on this forum DESERVE respect. Respect isn't just given on a benefit of a doubt. But i actually tried giving you the benefit of the doubt and say sorry and move on, but you yourself wanted to start more drama, then claim "I've given you all I have to say. I won't be drawn any further into a fight." But thats what you're seeking. And before you or someone else starts crying, thats not what I'm doing....I'm "giving you all I have to say." So now lets see how bad you DON'T want to argue....but f it, I'm done.

To everyone else: let me rephrase my question. Why wouldn't he be tempted by the darkside? Maybe that explains where my question is coming from a little better.

Ushgarak
Oetty and aggressive bickering causes thread closures. Please try to remain calm in future, Subjekt.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.