Thanos has taken over the Earth...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Victor Von Doom
Although he is foiled again.

S.H.I.E.L.D ask you for advice. Much like the coalitions formed after WWII, they are keen to be prepared for the next major event.

Construct a team of 5 heroes: briefing- they must be potentially able to deal with anything.

Earth based only, most powerful members are Thor-type characters.

Scoobless
this is almost exactly the same as the "Thanos V's..... YOU" thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=331386&highlight=thanos+you

armandovalles
if thanos took over the marvel universe instead of destroying it, i would have went into comics and sneaked up on thanos and kicked him in the balls and taken the infinity gauntlet

Scoobless
he's not into destroying the universe anymore...... i think he got bored of all the winning ...... you can only destroy the universe so many times before it get tiresome

Victor Von Doom
FFS.

It's not like that thread is it.

For Thanos, read anyone MAN.

Thanos isn't even relevant to the frickin thread.

Victor Von Doom
Ok, actually know this is going to carry on.

Thanos isn't relevant.

Think New Avengers style, ready for anything team.

Scoobless
yeah, i misread it......... lol, never mind

a ready for ANYTHING team of 5...... that may not be possible....... (do they all have to be from Marvel earth?)

answer that before i post a team

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Scoobless
yeah, i misread it......... lol never mind

a ready for ANYTHING team of 5...... that may not be possible....... (do they all have to be from Marvel earth?)

answer that before i post a team

Yeah all Marvel Earth.

It probably isn't possible, hence the fun.

Scoobless
ok, here goes

Reed Richards.....you always need a science geek
Iron Man...... power and additional geek factor + decent battle field leadership skills
Thor........ power and power
Wolverine...... stealth and attitude (someone may need to be "offed"wink
Dr Strange........ Magic and knowledge.......he'd be a decent field medic as well

Wolverine may also make a good field commander......... he has a sh!tload of experience and everytime "What if...." features him as a team leader he kick ballz

Alpha Centauri
Captain America (Hate him but somehow has to be there), Dr. Strange, Thor, Iron-Man, Black Panther.

-AC

Sentry
Ok here are my picks:

Thor = Power/meat shield/ physical distraction

Hyperion(Zhib-Ran) = Power/energy attack/meat shield/physical distraction

Dr. Druid = Not as powerful as Dr. Strange, but is a powerful telepath, somewhat of a telekinetic, well versed in druidian magic, and is able to create bridges to other dimensions.

Dr. Strange = Master of the mystic arts/earth's most powerful sorceror

Sersi = Powerfil psionic attacks, powerful telepath, powerful energy attacks

Ok here's how it's going down.

Hyperion and Thor commence the attack as physical distractions.

Sersi erects a psionic shield around her and her teammates, while simultaneously casting her own psionic and energy attacks against Thanos.

Dr. Druid erects a telepathic shield around his team to prevent Thanos from attacking his teammates minds. At the same time him and Dr. Strange concost a spell of banishment, to banish the Mad Titan to where he can never return from.

Victor Von Doom
It's not against Thanos, it's just a team to pre-empt various possible major attacks.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sentry
Ok here are my picks:

Thor = Power/meat shield/ physical distraction

Hyperion(Zhib-Ran) = Power/energy attack/meat shield/physical distraction

Dr. Druid = Not as powerful as Dr. Strange, but is a powerful telepath, somewhat of a telekinetic, well versed in druidian magic, and is able to create bridges to other dimensions.

Dr. Strange = Master of the mystic arts/earth's most powerful sorceror

Sersi = Powerfil psionic attacks, powerful telepath, powerful energy attacks

Ok here's how it's going down.

Hyperion and Thor commence the attack as physical distractions.

Sersi erects a psionic shield around her and her teammates, while simultaneously casting her own psionic and energy attacks against Thanos.

Dr. Druid erects a telepathic shield around his team to prevent Thanos from attacking his teammates minds. At the same time him and Dr. Strange concost a spell of banishment, to banish the Mad Titan to where he can never return from.

lol......... looks like i'm not the only one to mis-read this thread........ you've to put together an Avengers style team to be able to handle anything that might come up....ever

kgkg
THanos doesn't bother with shit ass Planet.

Victor Von Doom
Jesus. I despair.

Scoobless
hey Vic....... while we're waiting for new applicants for the role of Avengers, why don't you evaluate Alpha's team and my own...... which are fairly similar

Victor Von Doom
Yeah I noticed, three the same: Thor, Iron Man, and Dr Strange.

I think I'd include all of those.

I reckon Thor is about the most raw power you're gonna get in this bracket. There's Hulk of course but that's more strength based only, and he's more unpredictable. I figure Strange is a given, as God knows what will be the potential opponent. Iron Man I'd go with for his power, and the tech/money (although I think he might be a bit poorer at the minute).

I reckon Reed is a wise choice, considering the wide nature of the potential encounters.

Doubt I'd go with Wolverine, I'd be thinking more of big hitters.

Alpha's- Cap is always helpful to a team, BP might be overkill though for those kind of people, when you're probably gonna need a shiteload of power.

I think I'd go with Scoob's, bar Wolverine. I'd probably go with Sue Storm as well. Maybe Jean Grey.

Probably Reed and Sue, Thor, Dr. Strange, Iron Man.

Scoobless
i figured Wolvy was a good addition as he doesn't fear anyone and can always go in first to check for danger without too much risk, he's stealthy, he has government black ops training, his senses are very useful, he can damage people and things that heavier hitters can't, he has connections that can come in very useful and has experience with most types of opponents

I-Woman is more powerful and has a degree of stealth but i didn't need more power, i tried to round off the team with expertise in varying areas

the Darkone
Thor will summon his half brohter, Atum the god-eater end of story.

Scoobless
what story? what are you talking about?

whobdamandog
My team would consist of the following Fantastic Five...

Warlock....(with soul gem...team leader)

Dr. Strange....

Thor...

Magneto...

Pheonix..(Rachel Summers Version) uses like 1/16 of the pheonix force's power..

This Team would wipe the floor with Thanos...

demigawd
VV, you have to admit...your title was a little misleading. That's why people keep screwing it up, lol.

Is there going to be a counter party here, to start picking apart teams? That's always where the fun is of these "build your own team" threads.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by demigawd
VV, you have to admit...your title was a little misleading. That's why people keep screwing it up, lol.

Is there going to be a counter party here, to start picking apart teams? That's always where the fun is of these "build your own team" threads.

I possibly expected a little too much of the respondents. (IE reading the post)

Was waiting for someone to begin deconstructing them.

demigawd
Looks like the party is over on the other thread.

Sorry VV.

life is cruell
Originally posted by Scoobless
what story? what are you talking about?

you crack me up

any way back to the thread my team would be
thor
dr.strange
black queen
captain america
sentry - and you didnt say we couldnt use him you said marvel earth based heroes so its a lupehole

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.