the stepford cuckoos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
ok i am gonna try to make this the official thread for them smile

does anyone have any info or pics about or of them?? it would be greatly appreciated. and if you have anything to say like if you like them then post about that also smile

Fionnuala
i know a bit about them..their three sisters who are telepathically linked..they can merge their minds...their names are Mindee, Phoebe, Celeste, Sophie, Esme..but Sophie and Esme are dead...i think Emma trains them...couldn't find any pictures at the moment

stormfront13
yeah i knew all that but they seem really interesting to me so i was wonderin if anyone else likes them or has any moe info on the,

DarkCrawler
They are on Cyclops Corsair squad on the New X-Men Academy X series.

ayjay
they look freeky....like emma frost wannabes :P

stormfront13
i think it would be cool if they all tried to change their appearance to look different and found out they each have individual psionic type powers along w/ their telepathy

Fla$hFreeZe
Well, in X-Men: The End they do change their appearance, but I don't know about the other individual powers. They are called Spikes.

Here is a pic...

stormfront13
how powerful do you think they are?? not too long ago they easily took down oralce who is a shiar superguardian and also a powerful telepath. they easily took her down and they devised the plan that took down cassandra nova. i think they will most definitley be a force to reckon with. what do you think??

DarkCrawler
Probably Xavier level when they grow up or Emma Frost level.

ayjay
how old are they now?

stormfront13
still teenagers right??

radioboy121
Originally posted by Fla$hFreeZe
Well, in X-Men: The End they do change their appearance, but I don't know about the other individual powers. They are called Spikes.

Here is a pic...

They are called Spikes? That's a term the Neo used when referring to "lesser beings" than themselves.

Individually, they are probably just average telepaths. When united, they can be devasating, but two of the five are dead. One died after the battle against Omega Kid and the other with Magneto. Oracle is just an above average telepath - one who could do nothing to stop Wolverine during one of the earliest Shiar encounters and fell incredibly easily to the Xavier imposter.

stormfront13
but still i was using her cause she is a more expierenced telepath and she didn't stand a chance. but i hope they get indivudual psionic poowers, like one can get pyrokinesis, one can get telekinisis, and one can get um...hydrokinesis

Capt_Fantastic
I've always found them to be very cool characters. I liked Esme the most, she had the most personality. Too bad she got offed.

stormfront13
yes i find them very cool. soon i hope they branch out and discover they have their own different psionic powers and perfect those as well as their telepathy

VampireLover
Well, I've been looking for pictures of them. I saw the one listed above, but I need a better one. Maybe a frontal of the sisters. I'm working on a photo manip of them, or at least I want to, but I can't find a very good picture of them in uniform. Can anyone help me?

Phoenix_Avatar9
it would be awesome if Celeste got precogniton, Mindee got retrocognition, and Phoebe got clairvoyance( or switch them around) thumb up

stormfront13
i think it would be awsome if they each got indivudual psionis powers

phoebe-telekinesis

celeste-hydrokinesis

mindee-pyrokinesis

and due to their telepathy expanding they all get precognation during their sleep or something...idk but i think that they should each get a indivuaial psionic power to make them more unique

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by stormfront13

phoebe-telekinesis

celeste-hydrokinesis

mindee-pyrokinesis

and due to their telepathy expanding they all get precognation during their sleep or something...idk but i think that they should each get a indivuaial psionic power to make them more unique

what are hydrokinesis and pyrokinesis?? Telekinetics can control water and fire with their power already...

Rave X
Pyrokinesis, aint that is Pyro's power?

BENITO
The stepford Cuckoos creep me out espeacailly with there rapid aging genes

hoorayforpeepee
hydrokinesis: psionic generation and control of water

pyrokinesis: ditto for fire

electrokinesis: ditto for electricity

Wickerman

phoebe-telekinesis

celeste-hydrokinesis

mindee-pyrokinesis

Legion.would.take.them.down.by.simply.blinking wink

~wickerman~

stormfront13
yeah hooray is right about those powers i mentioned

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
hydrokinesis: psionic generation and control of water

pyrokinesis: ditto for fire

electrokinesis: ditto for electricity

so its basically like telekinesis for a specific element?

but anyway, I dont think the cuckoos should get powers like that, it'd be too much like the powerpuff girls. They should just be a hive mind like they are now.

stormfront13
how is it like the powerpuff girls?? i think they should each get one indivudual psionic power. i didn't say those should be it but just something like that that way they are more powerful and more unique

FieryBalrog
how is it like the powerpuff girls?? i think they should each get one indivudual psionic power. i didn't say those should be it but just something like that that way they are more powerful and more unique

I dunno... it just seems awfully powerpuffy big grin

like one had pyrokinesis and wore a red outfit... and one had hydro and wore blue... and one had electro and wore yellow or something...

stormfront13
well i never saw powerpuff so i wouldn't know lol. but i'm not saying those powers, but jus each one gets a separate indivudial psionic power, like telekinesis or something. or maybe marvel will create new powers for them. like all new psionic powers, just for them because they are the next generation of mutants

FieryBalrog
I dont think they should get telekinesis. Too many tele-everythings running around. Its funny how Emma had a random TK moment in Endsong when she shoves Cyclops away from Kitty. I think Pak just forgot that telekinesis and telepaths are different.

stormfront13
well once again telekinesis is just one example lol. i just think that they should get different psionic related powers

Draco69
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
I dont think they should get telekinesis. Too many tele-everythings running around. Its funny how Emma had a random TK moment in Endsong when she shoves Cyclops away from Kitty. I think Pak just forgot that telekinesis and telepaths are different.

I think it was more of telepathic blast. That or bad art inconsistency.

munkiesarus
Random TK moment, lol. Cute.

Ryonslaught
Celeste, Esme, Mindee, Phoebe, and Sophie Cuckoo; their names, when placed in alphabetical order, also denote their respective ages-- with Celeste being the first "born" and Sophie being the youngest.

Originally calling themselves the Five-in-One, with the death of Esme and Sophie the remaining sisters are now known as the Three-in-One.

Mutant Powers: The Cuckoos are a introduced as telepathic hive mind. Each of the girls is a powerful telepath, but their combined power is even greater than the sum of its parts. Though they most often function and act as one unit, they are indeed capable of thinking and operating individually.

When all five sisters were alive, Sophie was the dominant consciousness and often commanded the Cuckoos. However, as implied by Esme's actions, it is possible for another one of the Cuckoos to wrest control of the gestalt and perhaps even use the powers of all sisters without the consent and knowledge of the others. With the loss of Sophie and Esme, The Cuckoos are not as strong as they were with five.

The power level of the Cuckoos, in all of their incarnations, have been reported by many of the staff at Xavier's School to be extremely impressive and strong; these staff members include: Professor X, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, and Henry McCoy.

cool In New X-Men #154 (May 2004), Grant Morrison's last issue of New X-Men, the Stepford Cuckoos are identified as Weapon XIV (each girl being units 1 to 5, ordered alphabetically by their first names), the living weapon code between Weapon XIII cool

Pheonix Warsong promises to clear that last bit up (finally)

Pics for everyone....the original five in one

Ryonslaught
Protected by frost

Ryonslaught
death of a sister

Ryonslaught
Betrayer of the flock meets her demise.....

Ryonslaught
Future visions...

Ryonslaught
Behold the three in one!

Ryonslaught
A firey Vision of things to come....

starlock
heres a little info,in the last xmen movie the three coukoos are seen in the hallway coming towards the camera but the main actors are kinda in the way,just thought i would add that lol,i listened to the commentary and thats how i found out,i dont really know much about them

ddsmrt
I love the Cuckoos they have alot of potential and are indidvidually high ranked telepaths if all five were at their true potential they would be crazy with power. They would probably the ultimate pyshic force to ever exist I hope warsong explorers this idea.

Ryonslaught
The cookoos are the only thing (apart from Emma and Scott) that marvel has retained, everything else has been screwed to the point of no return Xorneto anyone? No more mutants? wooo Lets hope at least the girls get a good story in warsong.......

Ryonslaught
edit...

Ryonslaught
These girls are Hott! Wouldnt you agree Logan?

Zatanna4life
Originally posted by Ryonslaught
The cookoos are the only thing (apart from Emma and Scott) that marvel has retained, everything else has been screwed to the point of no return Xorneto anyone? No more mutants? wooo Lets hope at least the girls get a good story in warsong.......

question?
do these grls actually have any notable feats?
How come they never use their diamond form?

vansonbee
Originally posted by Zatanna4life
question?
do these grls actually have any notable feats?
How come they never use their diamond form? They're plain and the diamond form in theory should apply to them too, but they haven't shown it, plus Emma is way older than they are, when she develop the form.

Zatanna4life
Originally posted by vansonbee
They're plain and the diamond form in theory should apply to them too, but they haven't shown it, plus Emma is way older than they are, when she develop the form.

but emmas diamond isnt natural, it was cassandra nova I think. So it dosnt make sense for them to have to wait for it to develop imo...

but do you know if the have any feats besides just searching for things together in cerebro...like against another telepath or something

ExodusCloak
but emmas diamond isnt natural, it was cassandra nova I think. So it dosnt make sense for them to have to wait for it to develop imo...

but do you know if the have any feats besides just searching for things together in cerebro...like against another telepath or something

Cassandra Nova lied in AXM.

Zatanna4life
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Cassandra Nova lied in AXM.

I was sure I read it somewhere...Ill try to find the issue.

StyleTime

They aren't often involved in battles, so feats are difficult to come by; however, they did implant psionic blocks on the X-Men when they first arrived at the institute. It's impressive because even Jean, Professor X, and Emma were affected.

Apart from that, there's not much against other telepaths. Esme shut down Sage's mind and mindraped Bishop, but Esme is....well you know.

StyleTime
Oh, and they did take out Oracle....for what it's worth.

ExodusCloak
They took out Kid Omega recently...they got better.

StyleTime
If that's true, maybe they did improve. What issue?

ExodusCloak
It was in one of the X-Nation Anthology issues I think.

StyleTime
I was searching through some old comics of mine, and I didn't even realize I had the issues. Must have been a forgotten part of a stack of issues my friend handed me. I didn't buy the limited series myself.

The Cuckoos did in fact beat Kid Omega. It's worth noting that Quentin was inside of Cerebra and the Cuckoos still shut him/it down.

The Cuckoos told Quentin, "you've been away too long, and you have no idea what we have become capable of."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.