Who can beat an Extremely Confident Gladiator?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Well, is there anyone?

kgkg
Silver Surfer

and higher , like King Thor , Odin etc.

savagerampage
cannonball lol

armandovalles
i dont think the surfer even has a chance, surfer got his ass kicked by ego and glad's nearly destroyed ego and thats when glad's wasnt even that confident!

Scoobless
and some lower as well....... Drax, Genis, Hulk .....

GalacticStorm
a phoenix avatar. Binary. Thanos.

armandovalles
genis has gotten his ass kicked by wendigo, so how would he beat glads, hulk beat glads cuz he lost confidence in himself so hulk threw him into nucleur radiation, and drax doesnt stand a chance unless he has the power gem

savagerampage
no way surfer would destroy gladiator. gladiator is powerful but written like crap. you dont see the surfer getting beat by cretins

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles
i dont think the surfer even has a chance, surfer got his ass kicked by ego and glad's nearly destroyed ego and thats when glad's wasnt even that confident!
time for screen shots.

do you guys even read Silver Surfer comics??????????????

armandovalles
thanos has shown to be scared ot gladiator when glads got pissed in a surfer comic, a phoenix avatar.............yes, would kick glads ass, and binary would get her ass kicked.

armandovalles
thanos' only chance is if he has the IG

Scoobless
Gladiator can't kill Drax even without the power gem.... he is unkillable by physical means, plus he has powerful cosmic blasts...... Drax would wear him down and beat him

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles

Read what Surfer says.

and surfer has already beated Gladiator before.

GalacticStorm
Oh puh-lease thanos holds his own against galactus and can kick the shit out of any of galactus' heralds. Gladiator could never take over the universe he doesnt have the cunning, ingenuity, intelligence or power to do so. Thanos has those qualities in abundane. In the End. Who is victorious? Exactly Thanoc and he even has LT on his knees

savagerampage
thanos wouldnt even waste his time with gladiator.

kgkg
SOme peole need to start reading more comics.

Thanos >>> Silver Surfer > Drax , Hulk , Gladiator , Thor etc

armandovalles
maybe so, but he was watching when glads fought ego and he said that glads power is "unreal" and that it currently dwarfed his own.

armandovalles
maybe thanos was weakened of something, but he was still very suprised

savagerampage
maybe ego was having a bad day, maybe somebody shitted in his cereal

armandovalles
no ego was fine, he had already nearly killed the surfer and then glads came to his aid and nearly killed ego and probably wouldve if he ddnt get an urgent telepathic message from lilandra

savagerampage
here is and interesting quote

"Gladiator has never moved a planet or flown through a star and his super breath cannot extingusih a star no matter how bad. His powers are self belief based so he boasts to give himself strength but there are limits to this and moving an entire planet is beyond him. Ask yourself could Silver Surfer do this, could Thanos, could Thor or even Galactus and they would wipe the floor with Gladiator. The most Gladiator has done is uproot the baxter building way back in FF#249 and even then Reed hypothesised that it was due to psychic abilities and not strength; as the building would have fell on top of him crumbling under its own weight. In the end Gladiator lost the fight to Caps shield and Sues Shield because he lost faith in his powers. He has also lost to Cannonball"

armandovalles
who in the blue f*cking hell said that?

Scoobless
he never "lost" to Cannonball....... he took 1 hit and got straight back up...... if the other X-Men hadn't arrived Cannonball would be nothing but a smear on the moon by now

kgkg
why do we have to bring Gambit and Cannonball all the time???
read this again

next time know you fact before making claim like surfer is no match.

It's the other way around Glaidator is no match for Surfer.

And Gladiator is no match for Thanos either.

But Glaiator is at hulk , drax , Surfer , Thor 's level he gang in their league , being one of the top fighter.

savagerampage
yeah gladiator is up there in power, but he has a history of losing. i posted that quote from another board. but almost everything that guy said was accurate.

jplatinum
What the fact are you talking about,dude.
Ya'll must be smokin' cause Gladiator has done all that amazing stuff.
He has ripped stars in half and moved at hyperlight speed.
Dude, get your facts straight,man.

Xplosive
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Oh puh-lease thanos holds his own against galactus and can kick the shit out of any of galactus' heralds. Gladiator could never take over the universe he doesnt have the cunning, ingenuity, intelligence or power to do so. Thanos has those qualities in abundane. In the End. Who is victorious? Exactly Thanoc and he even has LT on his knees

Well, I think Thanos would smash Gladiator, but Thanos also doesn't close have the power to take over the universe, not on his own powers.

Swanky-Tuna
I wonder why Gladiator's confidence is being used like Hulk's anger. It's not supposed to be something he easily loses on account he's a hero to the entire empire.

Xplosive
Originally posted by jplatinum
What the fact are you talking about,dude.
Ya'll must be smokin' cause Gladiator has done all that amazing stuff.
He has ripped stars in half and moved at hyperlight speed.
Dude, get your facts straight,man.

Well he did give everything he got agiasnt Cannonball, and was useless.

GalacticStorm
"Well, I think Thanos would smash Gladiator, but Thanos also doesn't close have the power to take over the universe, not on his own powers."

Nope but he has the cunning and ingenuity to put himself in a position from where he can take over the universe. Plus when it comes down to fighting off his own back he can come up with goods. He very recently put Kosmos in her places and she was mad powerful. Molecule man and beyonder combined. Its all down to knowing how to use what u hav to the max

Linkalicious
I can't belive anyone would be of the belief that Gladiator would beat Thanos...

what's this world coming to?

Beyonder
Originally posted by savagerampage
here is and interesting quote

"Gladiator has never moved a planet or flown through a star and his super breath cannot extingusih a star no matter how bad. His powers are self belief based so he boasts to give himself strength but there are limits to this and moving an entire planet is beyond him. Ask yourself could Silver Surfer do this, could Thanos, could Thor or even Galactus and they would wipe the floor with Gladiator. The most Gladiator has done is uproot the baxter building way back in FF#249 and even then Reed hypothesised that it was due to psychic abilities and not strength; as the building would have fell on top of him crumbling under its own weight. In the end Gladiator lost the fight to Caps shield and Sues Shield because he lost faith in his powers. He has also lost to Cannonball"

Gladiator's smashed a planet to pieces. He's also moved asteroids out of the space ways for the Empire.

Drax destroyed a planet twice in his fights with Thanos. Galactus can destroy a planet. Terrax easily ripped Mahattan into space; Surfer is more versatile and powerful than Terrax. Surfer can destroy a planet. Beta Ray Bill and Stardust destroyed one in their battle.

Cannonball was on the defense most of the fight. And that wasn't even his most powerful blow, unless you think he was their to kill the kid. And that killing that kid was beneificial to his mission of finding the X-Men to save the Empire.

And everything except, heatvision and superbreath. Sam lands one blow and you declare him the winner?

kgkg
Gladiator whould own that boy.
period shit.

manjaro
it just frosts my ass the hear this cannon ball bullshit, glad wasnt even taking the dude seriously.

cranks up the direct qoute engine

CB: GLADIATOR!...of the imperial guard?!

G:yes cannonball..The praetor of the Royal Galactic House of the empire. I came in search of the X-men. You will do

all of a sudden CB feels like has to be the hero for a minute not thinking and just rushing into a fight

skip ahead a few panels CB flies glad outside away from innocent ppl

CB:..The harder..*umph*..ah push..*urn*..against you..*mmp*..the harder..*rnmp*..you push?

G: precicsely. Surrender now before you hurt yourself

CB:Nope

skip ahead a few panels glad gets steamed back hands him away

G: i sought you and your mongrel bretheren out for a particular reason mutant! and that reason did not include suffering affronts to my personage by you!

CB: ah was there sir--you were the one that started this(his thought bubble) URNGH! Ah actually felt that one in my teeth

while sent reeling is in midst of hatching a plan, but before he could circle back around he found himself wrapped in a steel girder

CB: Whu--? just how fast are you?

G:faster than you youngling

skip ahead, he expands his kinetic field and destroys the girder, he gets really insulting and thats when glad gets mad

CB:ya might wanna cry uncle before ah turn my power on you

G: ill take that under advisment. and you terran might want to lose that jacket.

CB: pardon

G: becuase it is a lot hotter where you're going. which is the center of the sun

CB: youre joshin right?(thought bubble) he's not--he can do it, too from what ah remember gladiator can do anythin he sets his mind to!
G: Joshin?

CB: ouch this is gonna hurt...unless

there is a big narration that CB recalls that glad's power his pscioncally re-enforced. glad punches him square in the chest a big light show ensues and when the smoke clears CB is still there

CB: so tell pardner...was that your best shot?

G: but...but that was my most powerful blow! and you live? thats not possible

thats the moment when he doubts himself CB lands a swing, much on some hulk hogan shit where he just put both hands together and swing both of them it goes BWONGGG gladiator goes flying

Beast: you channeld all the kinetic energy from his killer blow and directed it to your forcefiled. how long has that trick been in you repertoire, mr. g?

Cb: about six seconds now Dr mccoy.

gambit pays him a compliment, bishop says something then gladiator imediately burst out of the rubble, the rest of the xmen jump in and he begins to explain his reason for showing up. and that was it. there it is. I made sure to be fair and added most of what was said between the two so everyone(especially ppl who never actually read the story and has just been jumping on other posters bandwagon)can get the basic gist of the fight, and i use that word looosley

and you know what i get from this, by his own admission that was his most powerful blow, and it got redirected at him and sent him flying, and he got back up immediatley so if CB didnt come with a last minute ditch to save his life he would have been on the sunshine express.

savagerampage
what issues did gladiator do those feats?

manjaro
uncanny xmen 341, feb 97

DigiMark007
He's still a slightly less vulnerable, possibly faster Superman...with a confidence problem of course, but the two are essentially interchangeable. Surfer, written correctly, should be above Glad...and so should Thanos, Skyfather or above, etc. Ego too. Ego can form 100's of class 100+ fighters out of himself....maybe Glad was pissed that day, and Ego wasn't being written to full potential or something, but he didn't kill Ego...he just had a good showing against him.

I'd put Glad above almost anyone that is below Skyfather except for the few I mentioned, near the same level as Thor, Terrax, Savage Hulk, etc. And Thanos was scared of Hulk at one point too...it doesn't mean he'd lose.

-DM

GalacticStorm
Yeah storm would shit in all of their mouths!!!!! Muwhahahahahahahaha!!!

Swanky-Tuna
Ooooh... that's going to cause extra mod trouble.

Sentry
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Ooooh... that's going to cause extra mod trouble.

I think he's is drunk. He said it earlier today in one of his post.

manjaro
i guess i got so steamed about the cannonball thing i forgot the original intent of this thread. i agree, everyone below skyfather exept thanos, Surfer, but then again both oof them are so powerful they could be skyfathers if they wanted to. my list

everybody below thanos and surfer, i will make an excption for hulk seeing as how he's got that limitless potential thing going,and if gla d allowed him he could get to his level, and maybe the destroyer

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Sentry
I think he's is drunk. He said it earlier today in one of his post. Yeah, I'm sure he's going to get a talking to about posting while drunk. But the crapping in the mouth of others thing is just piling it up.

wannabe

Superherovandal
Flash Prime can whoop him too.

Cosmic Cube
C'mon Superherovandal. That isn't even a fight. Flash Prime wins easily.

Superherovandal
yeah i just like to say it. laughing

jplatinum
Everyone less than parallax dies.
Surfer would put up a good fight, but it would al be in vain against a fully confident Gladiator who was also pissed off.

Scoobless
Russell Crowe

kgkg
Originally posted by jplatinum
Everyone less than parallax dies.
Surfer would put up a good fight, but it would al be in vain against a fully confident Gladiator who was also pissed off.
what are you talking about.

Surfer can take Gladiator down so quick it's not funny.

radiation and BOOm gladiator go bye bye

David Duchovony
I can...not.

armandovalles
well if surfer didnt use radiation and just fought him like a real man i'd say gladiator would whup surfer's ass.

derrick24
Originally posted by manjaro
it just frosts my ass the hear this cannon ball bullshit, glad wasnt even taking the dude seriously.

cranks up the direct qoute engine

CB: GLADIATOR!...of the imperial guard?!

G:yes cannonball..The praetor of the Royal Galactic House of the empire. I came in search of the X-men. You will do

all of a sudden CB feels like has to be the hero for a minute not thinking and just rushing into a fight

skip ahead a few panels CB flies glad outside away from innocent ppl

CB:..The harder..*umph*..ah push..*urn*..against you..*mmp*..the harder..*rnmp*..you push?

G: precicsely. Surrender now before you hurt yourself

CB:Nope

skip ahead a few panels glad gets steamed back hands him away

G: i sought you and your mongrel bretheren out for a particular reason mutant! and that reason did not include suffering affronts to my personage by you!

CB: ah was there sir--you were the one that started this(his thought bubble) URNGH! Ah actually felt that one in my teeth

while sent reeling is in midst of hatching a plan, but before he could circle back around he found himself wrapped in a steel girder

CB: Whu--? just how fast are you?

G:faster than you youngling

skip ahead, he expands his kinetic field and destroys the girder, he gets really insulting and thats when glad gets mad

CB:ya might wanna cry uncle before ah turn my power on you

G: ill take that under advisment. and you terran might want to lose that jacket.

CB: pardon

G: becuase it is a lot hotter where you're going. which is the center of the sun

CB: youre joshin right?(thought bubble) he's not--he can do it, too from what ah remember gladiator can do anythin he sets his mind to!
G: Joshin?

CB: ouch this is gonna hurt...unless

there is a big narration that CB recalls that glad's power his pscioncally re-enforced. glad punches him square in the chest a big light show ensues and when the smoke clears CB is still there

CB: so tell pardner...was that your best shot?

G: but...but that was my most powerful blow! and you live? thats not possible

thats the moment when he doubts himself CB lands a swing, much on some hulk hogan shit where he just put both hands together and swing both of them it goes BWONGGG gladiator goes flying

Beast: you channeld all the kinetic energy from his killer blow and directed it to your forcefiled. how long has that trick been in you repertoire, mr. g?

Cb: about six seconds now Dr mccoy.

gambit pays him a compliment, bishop says something then gladiator imediately burst out of the rubble, the rest of the xmen jump in and he begins to explain his reason for showing up. and that was it. there it is. I made sure to be fair and added most of what was said between the two so everyone(especially ppl who never actually read the story and has just been jumping on other posters bandwagon)can get the basic gist of the fight, and i use that word looosley

and you know what i get from this, by his own admission that was his most powerful blow, and it got redirected at him and sent him flying, and he got back up immediatley so if CB didnt come with a last minute ditch to save his life he would have been on the sunshine express.

You forgot one part, the narriator said that cannonball tapped into a new power and he absorbed gladiator punch and sent it back to him. He absorbed gladiator punch and when it connected gladiator got right back up. He could of killed cannonball a long time ago, the point of that story was to evolve cannonball and send the x-men to fight the phalanx.

Xplosive
Cannonball beat very confident Gladiator.

eleveninches
well, there is a man called HAL JORDAN

FistOfThe North
Champion

Mider
Gladiator beat Thanos? Thanos even beat Champion when he had the power gem He beat the Silver Surfer to death when He found out Death asked Him to be with Her Thanos even mocked Tyrant didnt beat him but mocked Him during a fight and still came out alive He bitched slaped the Hulk, Thor, most of the avengers even Lobo probably could even own Darkseid and Ego losing to Gladiator thats bullshit Ego's psionic powers rival Galactus at there peak what the hell would Gladiator do He probably just stunned Him like when Thor created weather problems on Ego's serfice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.