Corran Horn versus Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman's Shadow
Alright, who do you think would win in this match up? Here we have two Jedi, trained during the New Jedi Order timeline. They both grew up as normal adults, and recieved training when older. Before becoming a Jedi, Corran Horn served as a pilot for Rogue Squadron, and earlier for the Corellian Police.
Prior to his own Jedi training, Kyle Katarn was a freelance merecenary who had taken on missions for the Republic, and was even the one who had stolen the plans to the Death Star that started it all. (I think he originally came from the Imperial Millitary Acadamey.)
Anyway...

Corran Horn recieved extensive training at the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV, and was one of Luke Skywalker's prized pupils, although he had still not yet attained the rank of Jedi Master, as there was only the one, Luke.

Kyle Katarn recieved his training in a... Different manner. He picked up a lightsaber in his father's home, that had been originally left for him. He picked it up and started messing around with it, and eventually discovered he could use the Force. Through a guiding spirit that appeared to him in dreams, he learned the basics, and struggled to refine his talents on his own. After the rather involving incident at the Valley of the Jedi, he gave his lightsaber to Luke, and forsook the Jedi, no longer wanting to be a part of them. Several years later, he discovered he needed it, and went back for it. He got a refresher course from Luke, and slowly picked up again what he had already taught himself. He then stayed with the Jedi order.

So, it appears I'm a little biased here, as Kyle Katarn is one of my favorite characters in the Star Wars universe, and I have a lot more information on him, (as choppy as it is, considering I haven't played Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, or Jedi Outcast in years, and I still haven't picked up Jedi Academy) but... We'll see how things go. Personally, and obviously, I think Kyle will come out on top, as close of a battle as it may be. Sure, Corran's had the more extensive training, but Kyle uses all aspects of the force, and doesn't stick to just the Dark or Light side powers. I think that will give him the upper hand he needs to defeat Corran.

Darth_Glentract
Isn't Corran only able to use TK when he asorbs a lotof energy. I think this wou;d give Kyle the upper hand.

Darth Mantis
Kyle.

ChaoticReign
I know this is dreding up an old thread but I'm curious as to how this fight would go because I've argued with my friend that Kyle actually is pretty powerful and could take Corran.

TraptUnderIce
Kyle is powerful but if Corran could absorb enough power I think he's got him.

Darth_Glentract
I now think that Corran would beat Kyle. Corran was actually really powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.