Atlas vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
jawdropYou know Goliath, now known as Atlas. Wonderman fought him often enough.
The Thing is only 5 ton below Wonderman. Still i WONDER how he would do against a giant.

ScarletSpider
Thing's class 100. Atlas can grow to become class 100, or surpass it. When Atlas gets pissed, nothing stands in his way.

armandovalles
thank you for telling him things class 100 scarletspider so i didnt have to.

armandovalles
yea so i think atlas would get his ass kicked cuz when the thing fought a kree giant man who is identical in powers and strength to the real giant man in ff vol.3 the thing had no problem taking the big guy down when he was at 300' so i think he could rather easily handle atlas.

armandovalles
and plus i just remember that they fought in a thunderbolts issue and thing knocked him down and held him down and was gonna finish him off but sue told him to stop cuz "their not the real threat here"

ScarletSpider
The Kree Giant Man was based off of Hank Pym? Atlas doesn't have the same powers as Hank Pym. First he was given an ionic treatment, giving him superhuman strength and durability. Then he recieved the pym particles. As he grows in height, his strength and durability proportionatly grows. At full height, Pym is usually around 50 tons, any higher, and he loses strength, as he has to focus more on just keeping his mass together. Because he's a crazy bastard, and because of his ionic treatment, they never discovered Atlas' true height maximum, but his strength, when he grew, could go beyond class 100.

Then he lost his ionic power, and pym particles. But was given more pym particles. Because of the previous mixture of the two substances in his body, his body was still tonned to have more strength as he grew. Then he lost the pym particles again.

But recently, when he got really pissed, dormant ionic energies surged in his body, he grew, and was stronger than ever. We haven't seen him do that much, by virtue of there's a large cast of characters, and T-bolts is only on issue 6, but he did pick up a massive chunk of the Brooklyn bridge, and throw it a quarter of a mile, to take down a Hydra air-carrier, while tons of skimmer jets flew around blasting at him.

armandovalles
well like i said before i remember that they fought in a thunderbolts issue and thing knocked him down and held him down and was gonna finish him off but sue told him to stop cuz "their not the real threat here"

ScarletSpider
That was a long time ago, his powers have gone through some changes since then. Atlas also didn't really want to fight the Thing. Thing is a bigtime hero, which Atlas wanted to be, he didn't want to fight against someone whom he has taken inspiration from.

Sentry
If Atlas was really pi$$ed, he'd probably stomp him into dust. Atlas at full height is can lift waaay over 100 tons, and is damn near invulnerable.

armandovalles
no i think no matter what mood atlas was in the thing will still kick the sh*t out of him

ScarletSpider
That's nice. Now support your claims.

Sentry
At his full height, Atlas weighs in at nearly a 100 tons. 220,000lbs. Along with his leg strength, which is theoretically stronger than anything the upper body has to offer, a full force stomp would theoretically be able to crush The Thing.

Scoobless
when the wrecking crew were Asgardian powered Thunderball cracked Atlas in the jaw with his wrecking ball, Atlas almost drowned (as he landed in water) and when he got up he was so uber-pissed-off that he grew to heights he's never reached before (and he grew to 200 feet during "Acts of Vengeance"wink and knocked out bulldozer with one punch..... also sent him flying about 2 miles

armandovalles
what issue was that?

Scoobless
Thunderbolts issue #1 ...... volume 1

armandovalles
i gotta pick that up. but i have a question, since i dont know much about Atlas, when hes normal size does he have superhuman strength, what class is he in @ normal size?

armandovalles
and is giant man, the one @ the fight with onslaught is he hank pym?

ScarletSpider
Yes. The one at Onslaught is Hank Pym.

I don't think Atlas ever went by the name Giant Man, though I'm not sure. I know he was Power Man for awhile, then Goliath, then Smuggler when he lost his growth, now he's Atlas.

At human size, I couldn't tell you what strength he is, as it's changed. Originally, I believe he was a match for Wonder Man. Then it started to fluctuate. At the start of the T-Bolts, he was probably around class 10-20 human size, and bullet proof. As he grew, his strength proportionatly increased, as did his skin's durability.

Then he lost his human size super strength, but the conditioning from all his years of mixed super strength and growth still gave him the super strength when he grew.

Now he doesn't have Pym Particles, and his Ionic energy seems to trigger both strength and growth, but we haven't seen enough of this new development yet to accuratly say if he has any human size powers. We've just been told that he's stronger than ever, though we haven't seen him do much at human size yet. He's also become mentally unhinged....

K3VIL
Atlas can wipe the floor with the Thing.
And the Thing isn't Class 100, maybe a low level Class 100 if he go upgrades.

Wynndar
Thing is class 100...he would trash a punk like Atlas...Atlas hasnt seen a tenth the action as the Thing.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Wynndar
Thing is class 100...he would trash a punk like Atlas...Atlas hasnt seen a tenth the action as the Thing.
ROTFL.
Since when Marvel upgrade the old Benji to Class 100?
They were sick of him being wiped out from Class 100 possessor?Or maybe the fanboys were sick?
Atlas possess 3 levels of power.

Atlas Thunderbolts Form.
He's Class 100 strenght since he reach the 60 feet size.
He possess a high degree of invulnerability, leaping abilities, and enhanced human reflexes and speed.All those powers weren't showed when he's in human size, but were showed when he starts to grow in size.Due to being blasted with massive amounts of ionic energy in the past to obtain superpowers, Atlas is as Wonderman, composed of it.
When he's really pissed off, his eyes starts to glowing and from them exits the ionic energy in his body, and his strenght is also greatly boosted.During a T-Bolts issue, he got enraged against the V Battalion cause they don't tell him what happened to Dallas Riordan the woman he was fallen in love with, and then after Hawkeye tells him he doesn't have to worry about her, Atlas answered with his eyes glowing that they get into hell to rescue his wife so he wouldn't stop pushing on without obtaing infos about Dallas, then he slammed his fists on the ground of Mount Charteris causing a massive avalanche that forced the Vanguard(the starship of the Battalion V which size is that of a huge fortress) to escape at warp speed to avoid the damages.

Atlas under Count Nefaria's control form.
When Atlas enters in contact with ionic beings like Wonder Man or Count Nefaria and they use their powers to block him or control him he starts to emits ionic energy and glowing, then he transforms into a being that composed of flesh, bones and ionic energy, which color is between dark orange/red, as Wondy changes and is surrounded from dark violet energy.In this form, Atlas's strenght is Class 100, and his size is between 19 and 30 feet, and he can also fly achieving escape velocity, as showed when he fly with Wonder Man aiding him into avoiding the ionic bomb of Nefaria from contaminate the Earth.He can also shoot ionic energy blasts as showed during the Avengers issue in which he change into the

Atlas Unleashed Form.
In this form he's like he was under the control of Nefaria, but he grows to an outstanding size, he's over 800 feet size, and continues growing cause his powers are outta control.In this form his strenght wasn't calculate, but consider that just only walking he causes earthquakes, so it means he was a force to reckon with.

I say that anyone of his forms can beat the Thing.

Zahit
Thing can win with a quick knock-out, otherwise the longer this fight lasts,
the more the odds tip towards Atlas. Thing did take him down once.
Could go either way......as long as they stay offa Yancy St.....they'll both go down....

K3VIL
Atlas is more tactician and better fighter since Hawkeye leads the T-Bolts and he's "Thing style" too.
He dropped himself from an airplane on Graviton's head.He's not an idiot.

Scoobless
Atlas can go way beyond 100 feet but it's at the risk of his life and sanity....... i think he's ok to around 100 feet...... at which he could boot the thing about 10 miles

Zahit
Originally posted by Scoobless
Atlas can go way beyond 100 feet but the it's all at the risk of his life and sanity....... i think he's ok to around 100 feet...... at which he could boot the thing about 10 miles
"By my sweet Aunt Petunia, what a revoltin' development!"

ScarletSpider
Lately he's been shown to go kind of...nuts, his strength increases, and he grows with no thought or caution as to the strain on his body, and beats the shit out of everyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.