sorta fairytale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

punkyhermy
I LOVE THIS SONG! it's been such a long time since i have loved a song so passionately.but this song "sorta fairytale" by tori amos is simply beautiful....amazing,stunning.i listen to it all the time i'm on the computer.but the only problem i got is,i just discovered it recently and have no clue how old this song is or who is tori?!heck she's ma new favorite singer...this song is like poetry.... roll eyes (sarcastic)
what do others think of it?

raven guardia
I dont think I ever heard it before do you got the lyrics?

VilleValo462
who ?

big gay kirk
Its off the last album but one, "Scarlet's Walk"... an absolutely beautiful song, and one which stays in the head for hours after first hearing... on the album it is wonderfully complemented by the following track, "Wednesday," and conveys expertly the feeling of the start of Amos's journey around America in search of.... well, buy the album, and see if you can figure it out.... Tori herself has been around for many years, since her first single "Me and a Gun," an acappela number that tells the story of her rape at gunpoint, and its b-side and later single "Silent all these years." With references to the female spirit and condition that pervades us all, in all its good and not so good guises, Tori has taken us on a roller-coaster rie through her own soul and ours... Check out all her albums, which are all still available through HMV; "Little Earthquakes," as stunning a debut album as can be, "Under the Pink" the brilliant second. Third comes "Boys for Pele," proving that the third album, although difficult is not always a flop... "From the Choirgirl Hotel," which takes us through her miscarriage, and then the best album of covers ever, "Strange Little Girls" which features the best ever cover of a Depeche Mode song, and a haunting version of Eminem's "Bonnie and Clyde..." "To Venus and Back," the double cd, features one studio and one live, including the breathtaking, tear jerking "Cooling," possibly her best song ever... then of course "Scarlets Walk," and the retrospective "tales of a Librarian, " which as well as being a "best of " also includes a couple of b-sides and two previously unreleased tracks... Not that I'm a big fan or anything!!!

big gay kirk
I'm so sad... like a good book, I can't put this day back....

punkyhermy
on my way up north
up on the ventura
i pulled back the hood
and i was talking to you
and i knew then it would be
a life long thing
but i didn't know that we
we could break a silver lining

and i'm so sad
like a good book
i can't put this day back
a sorta fairytale
with you
a sorta fairytale
with you

things you said that day
up on the 101
the girl had come undone
i tried to downplay it
with a bet about us
you said that-
you'd take it
as long as i could
i could not erase it

and i'm so sad
like a good book
a sorta fairytale
with you
a sorta fairytale
with you

and i ride along side
and i rode along side
you then
and i rode along side
till you lost me there
in the open road
and i rode along side
till the honey spread
itself so thin
for me to break your bread
for me to take your word
i had to steal it

and i'm so sad
like a good book
a sorta fairytale
with you
a sorta fairytale
with you

i could pick back up
whenever i feel

down new mexico way
something about
the open road
i knew that he was
looking for some indian blood and
find a little in you find a little
in me we may be
on this road but
we're just
impostors
in this country you know
so we go along and we said
we'd fake it
feel better with
oliver stone
till i
almost smacked him -
seemed right that night and
i don't know what
takes hold
out there in the
desert cold
these guys think they must
try and just get over on us

and i'm so sad
like a good book
i can't put this
day back
a sorta fairytale
with you
a sorta fairytale
with you

and i was ridin' by
ridin' along side
for a while till you lost me
and i was ridin' by
ridin' along till you lost me
till you lost
me in
the rear
view
you lost me
i said

way up north i took my day
all in all was a pretty nice
day and i put the hood
right back where
you could taste heaven
perfectly
feel out the summer breeze
didn't know when we'd be back
and i, i don't
didn't think
we'd end up like
like this

there are the lyrics!ENJOY!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.