The last of the Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stefan Kojic
In ROTJ, Yoda is dying and before he does he says to Luke: "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be...". That means Anakin slaughtered all the Jedi by then except Luke. In ROTS, Anie slaughters all the Jedi in the temple, but thats not ALL the Jedi, right? If TV series of Star Wars are gonna be made about Vader killing the rest of the Jedi, how would Yoda know about it if he's stuck in a swamp? confused

Mist
he can use the force.

Stefan Kojic
But Vader can't detect Yoda because of a massive concentration of the Force on Daegoobah, doesn't that block his force usage too?

Mist
just accept the fact that yoda knows.

Imaginary
It'd be different for Yoda, because he'd be concentrating on a specific person/group of people. Vader wouldn't be concentrating on the Force signature of each individual Jedi on each individual planet.

Darth Jello
well the Purge came in three waves. the first was the Clone Wars, where most of the deaths were attributed to the surprise battle on geonosis and Grievous. Then came the empire day massacre with order 66 and the desctruction of the temple. and afterwards, i'm sure it took vader at least a decade to kill off all the other jedi who had recieved Obi-wan's disruption of the "return home" emergency beacon.

Red Superfly
Lol its funny how we are now speaking about Episode III's events in the past tense - it's like we've already seen it (I guess we have, in a way).

Stefan Kojic
But wouldn't other Jedi try to hide in a place where it is difficult for anybody to find them?

Cascador
yeah but Vader doesn't find them all by the Force, the empire has spies everywhere...in EU even Mara Jade is a Jedi killer.

Stefan Kojic
I'm not talking about Vader, I'm talking about Yoda. It would be impossible for any Jedi to sense another if they're all in hiding. If they could, they would reform the Jedi Order before Vader took care of them.

Cascador
well that never happens, even if they did, the same thing would happen as in ep III...they would be butchered...alone the Jedi don't stand a chance or they would be butchered again like in the temple

Stefan Kojic
But Vader is weaker than when he was Anakin, and they wouldn't have to reveal themselves to the Sith, they could have paitently waited until they were stronger and form an alliance with the rebels. They would certainly overcome Vader( Luke defeated the Empire with some help of the Rebels, imagine what would a few hundred Jedi with some help of the rebels do).

TobyOneKenobi
Do we know that ANY jedi apart from OB1 and Yoda escaped order 66? If any did then it does seem a bit rubbish that Yoda hides and doesn't try and reform any jedi left, I mean OB1 is living near Luke to guide him when Luke comes to him. Is Yoda just hiding, waiting for Luke, not trying to find any surviving Jedi that are being hunted down? He isn't even keen to help Luke when he first comes for training, I think Yoda's a bit mad in ESB anyway, think the swamp gases got to him!

hazkid
well, there was vergere....obi and yoda know that she went with zonoma's invaders...but they dont know that she isnt in the galaxy.

Red Superfly
Would you please stop speculating over whether the Jedi are all dead or not?

They are all dead, apart from Obi-Wan, and Yoda.

At the end of ROTJ, Luke is the only force user left in the entire galaxy.

End of story.

Darth Jello
In one of the older, pre-episode I reference books, it said that vader lost the use of his lungs in the duel with obi-wan and then became more and more mechanical from injuries recieved from jedi he was hunting down. I think that could possibly still be somewhat true. considering that Lucas has said that he is 75% mechanical but he doesn't appear to be that messed up in Episode III (40% tops). He probably recieved more injuries from hunting down other jedi which would explain why he had a different suit, Helmet, and voice modulator in Episode IV.

Lana
There's a large gap between ROTS and ANH, remember. During that time I'm sure Palpatine and Vader had been busy hunting down and destroying whatever remaining Jedi survived Order 66.

Originally posted by hazkid
well, there was vergere....obi and yoda know that she went with zonoma's invaders...but they dont know that she isnt in the galaxy.

That's from EU, though, so it really can't be used as an example.

Stefan Kojic
K, now I agree with Darth Jello about Vader hunting down the Jedi, but you are getting off topic. Yoda coudn't know that all the Jedi were dead,
unless Lucas has cut out the scene in ROTS where Yoda lands on Daegobah to use him( Yoda) in the TV series and then at the end of the TV series, when all the Jedi have been hunted down, Yoda escapes to Daegobah.

robakin
maybe qui gonn tells yoda

SithSpy
you know what.....thats a damn good thought, I mean we know he talks to qui-gon while hes on dagobah, so why couldnt he give him updates on whats going on in the empire, that would explain alot, like how Obi knows the death star is a battle station and the rest of their knowledge

morgan01
yoda always uses the force, he can feel great pain in anakin when his mother dies and he kills the tuskins. you have to accept that fact that yoda went into hiding and could feel through the diminishing force that less and less jedi were alive, and soon he could only feel obi wans presence. i believe he even mentions to luke he has been watchin him for a long time? i might be mistaken but some kind of reference is made to him sensing luke.

and even if the force doesn't make u believe then realize obi-wan has conversation with yoda after he has become one with the force, so before yoda died old ben who was living in an area where he could recieve news of all survivors dying would tell yoda eventually.

do not try to look to deep into it

kiadimundijedi
Because Qui-Gon Tells him everything (Obi-Won as well)

Cascador

juggernaut74
Originally posted by robakin
maybe qui gonn tells yoda This may sound stupid but I think Qui-Gon makes first contact with Yoda during his fight with Sidious. Telling him basically telling him that it is Anakin who is to destroy the Sith. If you watch the trailer you see Yoda blocking lightning and he seems to be straining and then he slowly turns his head to apparently look at Sidous. You have to download the trailer and then watch it in slow motion to see it. I could be wrong though but its just speculation.

Darth Jello
qui gonn made first contact with Yoda (and anakin) in episode II.

Milosz006
Once the Empire was established the Jedi Order couldn't be rebuilt. Lets say Yoda and 20 Jedi meet on some random planet. Oh, here comes a fleet of Star Destroyers. Bye-bye planet. Bye-bye Jedi. The only way to take down the Empire was Luke, who could get close to the Emperor and Vader and eventually turn him.

EDIT: Do you think Qui-Gon will fade away or die? I mean, if he doesn't, wouldn't he be like, in the OT?

Wild Speculation: How probable is it that Sidious disrupts Qui-Gon or banishes him?

Mist
knowing lucas, he'll probably go back and re edit quigon into the ot....

Force Adept
Nah, I think somewhere in the movies it says that (one of the ghost Jedi) they only have a short time...but I'm piss-ass-drunk so it might be EU, who knows...

Mist
Obi wan leaves luke coz he says his time is short and cant stay a ghost forever....or something.. i got the book right next to me

LanİeWindu™
There is no need for a Qui-Gon ghost in the OT, Luke would see him at the end of ROTJ and not know who he is. Lucas pushed it with Hayden being in ROTJ, but Luke could put two and two together on that one.

Darth Blender

El_NINO
So if vader can sense every jedi why didnt he sense Obi-Wan?

Darth Blender

El_NINO
good question and especially if yoda was the strongest of the jedi or that qui-gon couldnt tell yoda........"hey yoda, by bregerin, did i tell you palpatine is sidous"

The Ones
the dark side clouded the jedis vision blinding them from the truth

Darth Blender

Fieperskaivu

Captain REX
Originally posted by morgan01
i believe he even mentions to luke he has been watchin him for a long time?

YODA: We've been watching you for...some time now, Mr. Skywalker...

LUKE: I know my rights, you can't use this Gestapo crap...

Darth Blender

Stefan Kojic
I think they coudn't sense the clones cos' they don't have any connection to the Force, as for Dooku, I don't know. Sidious coudn't sense Vader turning to the light, so maybe the Jedi couldn't sense Dooku falling to the dark side.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.