What If You Forgot Who You Were?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
How would it change your life if there wasn't any religion, and the truth WAS that every living form has always existed and chose when to be born, what struggles he/she would encounter, and when and how they would die in order to grow in knowledge and character. To learn the lessons of each life and if not, to repeat the lessons until learned? That before coming into this life, they chose to live this life with their friends in a higher level, but being born in this life and to learn these lessons, they don't remember the arrangements they've made and the ones that they know who have reincarnated themselves with them.

Would this change the rules on how you would interact with other people? How about how you viewed religion..

What if the most tragic of lives, homeless, etc..were really great people who chose that kind of life for a grander lesson?

King Burger
You mean like a self-designed karma?

I wonder? If indeed I had arranged this life for myself, then
either I am an idiot, or I am a genius who has also arranged
a grand surprise for myself!

Seriously, I think such knowledge, that we in a sense are all
"gods" of ourselves, would be both empowering and devastating
to our minds.

We'd feel empowered because we really are the authors
of our own destinies.

But we'd more feel depressed and our souls crushed, as we'd also
realise that there was no point to life. That all this was nothing but
a play we worte for ourselves to star in.

I think many would commit suicide in order to quickly go back to
their higher form, the one that they were in when authoring this
life.

Very interesting idea Debbie, never heard of it before. Scary!, but
interesting.

debbiejo
I've read this a long time ago, and picked up a new one just for curiosity. The idea is that our spirits can not know many of the things we experience and go through such a perfection process. After living one life, they go to the light with others, and all view the life that was lived, you judge yourself and have much remorse and sorrow for how you could of changed your life for the better. God is there reassuring you and loving you and guiding you. You have guardian angles that also accompany you on your life journey along with other spirits...

After each life is lived, you rest and stay in that place, heaven or what ever you want to call it. You don't have to even come back to live another life, but for growth most do. It explains that most near death experiences when people were interviewed describe a growing thrown a tunnel, seeing a light, go through their life experiences and then are given a choice to come back. The once that we talk to who have Near death experiences of course decided to come back. It's said that also coma patients have the same choice. If you think you learned all you could from this life then you can move on, if not then you stay and finish

The whole ideas of this is that every time you return, you grow spiritual realm. One of more beauty and what ever...

Echuu
isnt this like reincarnation?

debbiejo
Yup...

debbiejo
Though I never grew up believing in reincarnation, I thought I'd pose the question...What if that's the way it really was...how would that change how you lived your live??

leonheartmm
if we choose the life we lead than it has to be that when we are choosing, we understand things on a much grander scale than after we are born, because every human no matter how well off is not free of desire and always wishes for something BETTER,{i dont really believe that much in the concept cause i wud bean the dummest ediot in the world to choose the life that i chose, atleast if i chose i knowin full well what was gonna happen to me}

debbiejo
In this belief, you don't know that you chose it. After you were born, you would slowly forget about the in between life. It's interesting that children especially very young children have had such memories. Memories like remembering how they died in their last life, where they had lived, and where things were hidden thousands of miles away when they were in that life. They were the ones who hid it. I've read a lot of documentation on it, along with Near Death Experiences of children.

In this belief the very distraught are really the greatest spirits ( the ones who have grown so wise in many many lives lived", that they chose this life for the greatest lessons of it. The more suffering, the greater the lesson..

leonheartmm
the basic thing i think is that, other than genes, the basic thing that shapes a human conciousness is their experiences and the thoughts they
have because of those expiriences{these also include subconcious and unconcious thoughts} if u take these thoughts and memories away, then well the person is not that person anymore.

King Burger
But if God is there, why would people want to go back to
Earth? Wouldn't they prefer to be with the Creator rather
than re-live a distracting Earthly life?

I hear that God's presence is suppose to be the greatest
experience in heaven, so those who come to Him would
not depart so easily.

Ofcourse, if it is God's will that people grow spiritually by
going through Earthly lives, then I suppose they would do
just that.

There is also the added danger that a realization of such a
"learning" goal of existence would lead people to live careless
lives, since many would mistake such carelessness with a
challenge, and therefore a learning experience.

Jackie Malfoy
I doubt that would happen,.JM

debbiejo
The spirits of the people don't want to come back to an earthy plane, but need to go back to repay the debt they owe. When in their life review they feel all the pain they have caused others themselves. They also feel the love that they caused. Then in the next life they suffer the same pain they have caused in the last life. If they again fail to learn that lesson they will repeat it again with other burdens also on them, like addictions...etc.. that is also from the newest last life and so on. It's a pile up effect and your life gets tougher and harder if you don't learn the lessons of the pain you've caused others. I guess that would be a living hell..lol..

Many NDE (near death experiences) have had the same kind of scenarios.

You float above your body..you realize your dead..you see a tunnel..a bright light.. see people you know or knew..you have a life review..

And the funny thing is that different religions see their Jesus, God, Buddha, what ever, or just an all knowing being of light. Then once your born again..you forget...

Unless a man is born again, he will not see the kingdom of God...I just thought I'd throw that in...lol..

King Burger
I suppose if such a re-living process is necessary for
divine salvation, then one will choose (or have chosen
for him) a life free from the short-comings he has
already passed, and with other challenges he has yet
to master.

Again, sounds like what people call Karma, but I
don't know much about that.

debbiejo
Here are a couple of NDE stories.

The most important thing I learned from this experience was that I am responsible for everything I do. Excuses and avoidance were impossible when I was there with him reviewing my life. And not only that, I saw that responsibility is not bad in the least, that I can't make excuses or try to put my failings off on somebody else. It's funny, but my failings have become very dear to me in a way, because they are my failings, and darn it, I am going to learn from them, come hell or hight water.
I remember one particular incident in this review when, as a child, I yanked ym little sisters Easter basket away from her, because there was a toy in it that I wanted. Yet in the review, I felt her feelings of disappointment and loss and rejection.
What we do to other people when we act unlovingly. But it is wonderful that we are destined not to be allowed to remain unconscious of it. If anybody doesn't believe me about this, okay. I'll meet them i n the afterlife when they' ve had a chance to encounter this and then we can discuss it.
Everything you have done is there in the review for you to see. it feels so good to get it all out. In life you can play around and make excuses for yourself and even cover up, and you can stay miserable, If you want to . by doing all this covering up. But when I was there in that review and I was the very people I helped to feel good..I wish I could find some way to convey to everyone how good it feels, to know that you are responsible and to go through something like this where it is impossible not to face it.
It is the most liberated feeling in the world and it's the little things that count, like helping a lost child sit and wait for her mother return.

Here one more...

My doctor tole me I died during the surgery. But I told him that I came to life. I saw in that vision what a stuck-up ass I was with all that theology, looking down on everyone who wasn't a member of my denomination or didn't subscribe to the theological beliefs that I did.
A lot of people I know are going to be surprised when they find out that the Lord isn't interested in theology. He seems to find some of it amusing, as a matter of fact, because he wasn't interested at all in anything about my denomination. He wanted to know what was in my heart not my head.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS INTERESTING.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by debbiejo
Though I never grew up believing in reincarnation, I thought I'd pose the question...What if that's the way it really was...how would that change how you lived your live??

As you might already know, I already believe in reincarnation, so If the above was true for sure, I do not think I would change my life any more than now. The same would still apply that all beings are to be respected, in no matter what realm of reincarnation they have been born in (good or bad)

Alpha Centauri
I think reincarnation exists to a certain degree. Absolutely.

-AC

Lana
So do I. I definitely believe that people have lived past lives...like when you meet someone and feel like you've known them forever but in actuality have only known them a very short time. So yes, I believe in reincarnation.

I'm not at all religious, and I don't believe in god, destiny, or fate...I believe that we DO control our lives and make what we want of them. Even when things seem totally out of control, how you deal with events is how you're making the decisions as to what you want to happen.

King Burger
How can one believe in reincarnation, without believing in
some high intelligent over-seer, or atleast some logical
mechanism by which the system functions?

If I lived a very bad and wicked life, and I return in a life
full of miseries, for what I have done, who has judged my
life wicked? Who has decided what my next life will be like?

There is also the question of where do all the extra spirits
come from due to the growing population.

Just my take on reincarnation.

neowizard2005
that sounds just like a set of dragonlance books i reading right now
the hole thing i mean way cool.....

debbiejo
Originally posted by King Burger
How can one believe in reincarnation, without believing in
some high intelligent over-seer, or atleast some logical
mechanism by which the system functions?

If I lived a very bad and wicked life, and I return in a life
full of miseries, for what I have done, who has judged my
life wicked? Who has decided what my next life will be like?

There is also the question of where do all the extra spirits
come from due to the growing population.

Just my take on reincarnation.

To me this whole scenario would prove there is a God...Some infinite wisdom in control of all things.

debbiejo
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
As you might already know, I already believe in reincarnation, so If the above was true for sure, I do not think I would change my life any more than now. The same would still apply that all beings are to be respected, in no matter what realm of reincarnation they have been born in (good or bad)

I would think that most people would respect all life and make that change for the better. Deep down I think most people know when they are not respecting another, whether it is someone they know or not..
It's kind of a gut feeling you have...And if things work this way then it would be best to make that kind of change. This is infact the "Fruits Of the Spirit" mentioned in the Bible. So, if this is what god is looking for in a person, it wouldn't matter what denomination you are. It would be your thoughts that would lead to your actions...and all should stem from love. And that's the Big lesson...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.