End of the World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShotgunWes
When do you think the end will come?
The Mayan calendar says the earth will be destroyed December 21, 2012. It kind of makes you wonder doesn't it because the Mayans disappeared off the face of the earth...

Jury
For Christians, no one knows.

Even Jesus Christ Himself didn't know when it will be.

smile

debbiejo
That's when the Asteroid is supposed to come. Though I heard that there will be smaller once before that...

I once saw a map of the world after many calamities like this and Michigans thumb area, where I live, is missing my house!!!

Echuu
laughing bummer

debbiejo
cry

I know...

I'll have to build an Ark..

finti

Echuu
Originally posted by debbiejo
cry

I know...

I'll have to build an Ark..

big grin I'll help ya- we'll have to push it into Lake Michigan and then sail to the Atlantic; or die trying! stick out tongue

debbiejo
Maybe Atlantis will rise up. blink

It's either that or a mountain..But I think everyone will go to the mountains..

I think 2012 will be an interesting year!!!

vicki horvath
Do not think you have to worry about an ark, God gave us rainbows as proof that the earth will not be destroyed by water again. And the Bible says no one knows when the end will come, although many Church Authorities, including Brother Stoneking believe, we are in the last days. Of course a day could be a year or more in Gods time. Also, if we are supposed to end in December of 2012, than that US actually next December, because they have proved our calendar is off by 6 years! I suggest people get ready!

finti
earth never was destroyed by water before so where do the again come in, dont tell me you are so naive that you take the biblical flood story literally? Cause if you do you really have some explaining to do with some pressing question about that story

debbiejo
YEA..Get ready Vicky..finti is going to ask you why there aren't any windows on the ark.

vicki horvath
sorry, I used the wrong word with DESTROY, but you know what I mean, and yes I take everything in the Bible literally, I am a Born Again tongue talking Pentecostal Christian!

debbiejo
OHHH NOOOO!!! J/K lol...

Do you believe that to be filled with the Holy Spirit you would have to speak in tongues??

finti
then I think you really misunderstood the bible.

Well some flood question, first how big of a world do we speak of when it comes to the flood, after the flood with as little examples of all species that where left , according to the bible, the carnivores would have made most species extinct

debbiejo
I think in the beginning before the flood, there were no carnivores animals...I don't recall the scripture saying that their were. Maybe they all ate grass and berries.. embarrasment

finti
yeah right and suddenly they started to get a taste for meat roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
God put the whammy on them. Though your point makes sense because the digestive tract of carnivores are quite different from herbivores. God would have to change their whole digestive systems...

Hey where did you read about the Chinese writings that never mention the flood?

BTW, if you look at the one site in the Philos. section that I posted, you'll see that it really doesn't matter what we think anyway...We're just a bunch of scouring ants trying to solve big questions.

finti
sure you aint confusing me with someone elses posts

debbiejo
Didn't you say that the chinese kept the best records of history and they don't mention any flood??

If it wasn't you...sorry. embarrasment

finti
no, that wasnt me

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
yeah right and suddenly they started to get a taste for meat roll eyes (sarcastic)

God sent down animal manna... roll eyes (sarcastic)

gp christ loves
Christ says it is not for us to know when the end will come but just to be ready for it and if you cant take one part of the bible literally how can you believe any of it may you be given insite and may you believe

finti
it is supposed to serve as a guiding line, many of the stories in it are parables to try to simply it

vicki horvath
Hi, yes I do believe that talking in tongues is evidence of being filled with The Holy Ghost, the Bible tells me this and I have experienced it. Anyone coming to my Church or one like it would not be able to deny it. People are being baptized in Jesus' name and speaking in tongues from all walks of life. We have 17 different nations represented in our Church. My whole life has changed since this experience. I am sorr if you do not believe me, I would not either had I not experienced it, as for the flood I have no answers to your very good questions, I just do not think we are supposed to know everything while on this Earth!

Miss_Faye
Mayans never disappeared. They were force to convert into Catholicism and Christianity by Spain. My ancestors are mayans.
But ahems anyways, Everything that has a beginning has an ending. I doubt the world will end any time soon. And if it does, not much anyone can do but sit back and enjoy the ride.

debbiejo
Originally posted by vicki horvath
Hi, yes I do believe that talking in tongues is evidence of being filled with The Holy Ghost, the Bible tells me this and I have experienced it. Anyone coming to my Church or one like it would not be able to deny it. People are being baptized in Jesus' name and speaking in tongues from all walks of life. We have 17 different nations represented in our Church. My whole life has changed since this experience. I am sorr if you do not believe me, I would not either had I not experienced it, as for the flood I have no answers to your very good questions, I just do not think we are supposed to know everything while on this Earth!

I was always curious...if a Baptist church doesn't speak in tongues, does it mean that they do not have the Holy Spirit???

vicki horvath
According to the Bible, they do not, but humans do not know everything so I am loathe to say who has it and who does not. I just believe The Bible, and have been told that the felt. Baptists do not baptize in Jesus' name either. I have also had Christian friends from my church visit the Baptist Church next door to ours and they told me that unlike our services where you feel life and The Holy Ghost, their service had no feeling or presence of god

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by ShotgunWes
It kind of makes you wonder doesn't it because the Mayans disappeared off the face of the earth...

Yeah it does, since there was no trace of them since they ran into the tomb. Hmmm...

HULKSTER04
I've heard this crap before about the 'Y2K', but their predictions didn't even came close.
Post your comments.

Symmetric Chaos
Shouldn't this go on the conspiracy boards?

Anyway since it is possible to find evidence of any year being the end of the world I can't take this any more seriously then the other 3571 times people have said the same thing

Mindship
It's done already. We're justa bunch of dreaming batteries.

lil bitchiness
The end of the world?

It will come. More and more stupid people have access to dangerous weapons.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The end of the world?

It will come. More and more stupid people have access to dangerous weapons.

That won't be the end of the world though...just the end of our world.

(The Cyborg Paraphrased)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
That won't be the end of the world though...just the end of our world.

yes

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by HULKSTER04
I've heard this crap before about the 'Y2K', but their predictions didn't even came close.
Post your comments.

Not much...

Lord Urizen
Holy Scriptures of Orgasmism

Testiment of Orgy Kalima
Prediction of the End Times
Clause 69
Verse xxx 70-71

"Thy end of thy dirtiest realm, Gaia, shall be a blissful treat

All mankind will meet thier passings through celebration of white fluid bliss"

Storm
Quit derailing threads Lord Urizen and save it for the OTF.

Jim Reaper
An astronomer: Brian Marsden predicted that the meteor "Swift-Tuttle," might strike earth in 2026, but he miscalculated... The "S-T" is 6 miles across, a world ender... He predict's a possible near-miss in 3044. blowup

debbiejo
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine. R.E.M.
happy

poncho1975
I will come like a theif in the night,the almighty says in the bible.And there's no doubt that the time is coming nearer.Just how soon is not up to us to try to predict or try to obtain control over.I believe he has given insight and observational abilities to certain people,who should go out in the world and try to make as many people as possible,aware of the nearness of his coming.This spreading of hi love,the conditions scriptured in the bible for worthiness of god's love,are all we need to know to make the necessary changes in our lives.These changes in our personal character,will therefore make us worthy of christs love and his father.

debbiejo
But the thief takes whom? The good,
or the evil and leave the good alone.

One is taken one is left

It is usually taught that there will be a rapture/2nd coming and the good will be taken out of the world leaving the rest to destruction, but what if that interpretation is wrong and what if it's not literal?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by poncho1975
I will come like a theif in the night,the almighty says in the bible.And there's no doubt that the time is coming nearer.Just how soon is not up to us to try to predict or try to obtain control over.I believe he has given insight and observational abilities to certain people,who should go out in the world and try to make as many people as possible,aware of the nearness of his coming.This spreading of hi love,the conditions scriptured in the bible for worthiness of god's love,are all we need to know to make the necessary changes in our lives.These changes in our personal character,will therefore make us worthy of christs love and his father.

sad

another one

Armagedon in the bible is a lot of fun to read but it kinda sucks as an end of the world senario

Nellinator
I don't know about that. Stephen Colbert gave the Biblical apocalypse the second highest score for its foretold end of the world. It finished second only to the Toyota Camry.

xmarksthespot
There's a 92% chance the world will end on the 20th March 2074.

debbiejo
OH, I'll be dead by then.....wheww...

Nellinator
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
There's a 92% chance the world will end on the 20th March 2074.
Is this random, or has someone else worked this out?
OH, I'll be dead by then.....wheww...
Really? 67 years from now, I might be dead, but there's good chance I'll still be alive, very old and decrepit though.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nellinator
I don't know about that. Stephen Colbert gave the Biblical apocalypse the second highest score for its foretold end of the world. It finished second only to the Toyota Camry.

Perhaps but of all the endtime scenarios the Biblical Apocalypse is among the ones I really wouldn't want to experience.

Nellinator
You don't have to. And if you end up going into it, I suggest buying a Toyota Camry.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Nellinator
Is this random, or has someone else worked this out? I'll tell you at 23:59:59 on the 19th of March 2074.

PuffyCheese
The world is going to end on December 21? That's my birthday...Man that's gonna be some party! wink

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine. R.E.M.
happy

Great song.

Well, I think there's better things to do than worry about the end of the world. When it comes, it comes. Until then, enjoy life. Hey, you only live once...unless you believe in reincarnation, in which case you-live-a-ton-of-lives-but-you-don't-remember-any-so-it's-a-little-bit-the-same-in-terms-of-being-aware-of-one-life-at-a-time. Man that's a mouthful.

Nellinator
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'll tell you at 23:59:59 on the 19th of March 2074.
Deal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.