Canadian politics in trouble !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
OKay most Canadians know the great political turmoil happening in Canada. Imo i think that this scandal's effects are overblown. I'll still vote for the liberal party because the Conservatives will privatise everything and send Canada back into the days of large debts. Like come on back in the late 80d's a country of only 23 million people i think was getting a 30 billion dollar debt in its budget.
The scandal is about 100 million dollars given to companies in Quebec and new reports show some money was sent back to the liberal party. I don't care this is just some low ranking liberals cheating themselves into money. Its like saying all Republicans are idiots because bush is.
I think this country is messed and will get so many minority governments. How can you expect control with three parties that have 55,99,and 133 seats out of 308. Like we will have elections every year@!!!!! mad

KharmaDog
Originally posted by manny321
OKay most Canadians know the great political turmoil happening in Canada. Imo i think that this scandal's effects are overblown.

Yes, because we should all accept the fact that it is O.K. for the leader of a country to be corrupt and profiteer off of his position and the people whom he is supposed to be working for. I myself think that this whole thing is ridiculous and that these greedy bastards should get run up a flagpole and pelted with hockey pucks and beer cans (inserting Canadian stereotype for comedic effect).

I'll still vote for the liberal party because the Conservatives will privatise everything and send Canada back into the days of large debts. Like come on back in the late 80d's a country of only 23 million people i think was getting a 30 billion dollar debt in its budget.

You'll still vote for the liberal party? I thought you were in high school?

You do realize that it was the Conservative Party who massively decreased the debt in Ontario only to have it blown out of the water by the current Liberal Gov't don't you? Plus the conservative party is almost a whole different party now. I really don't affiliate myself with either. I find that being partisan to a particular party often blinds you to the truth.

The scandal is about 100 million dollars given to companies in Quebec and new reports show some money was sent back to the liberal party. I don't care this is just some low ranking liberals cheating themselves into money. Its like saying all Republicans are idiots because bush is.

Your apathy regarding 100 million dollars of Canadians' money that could have been spent a thousand different ways to improve the lives of many Canadians is not a very Canadian attitude. And riddle me this, if the "low ranking liberals" (which I disagree with because this scandal leads directly to the top of the party) are cheating the Canadian people out 100's of millions, why did the party leaders try to hide it and what are they taking for themselves?

manny321
i would vote liberal even though i can't because Harper look more fit for a job at a lower end of government. Th Conservatives would cause more problems then solving problems. They would first cut taxes which is needed and then go on a spending spree as they promise. We all know what that leads too....,debts debts. Ontario does not want the mulorney days back which hurt ontario voters so badly. Also they would cause big rifts with the bloc and we don't we separation to start again. And also i liked the Conservatives in provincial ontario. The federal ones are idiots. Ndp is just whacked. What do i have left liberals and conservatives. Liberals kept the country growing and i think conservatives would wreck ten years of growth, however i say lets give them a try for minority see a budget, if it sucks call an election.

Chretien is involved true. Martin, no!!! Why would martin risk a majority govt locked at that time for possible defeat??? because he is not involved. Money stealing bastard ten years ago but stooped the country from being bankrupt and made us very good country nevertheless. there are problems but we live in a better society then ten years ago.

Okay forget this, who do you think will win. I say liberals by a few seats or cons by a few seats. Like Trudeau in 1973. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.