Batman film fight choreagraphy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpyCspider
Hey,

Has anyone besides me not really like the fight choreagraphy in the Batman films? There has been much ranting on acting, looking the part, cheesy lines, and crappy costumes but the Dark Knight's abilities as a martial artist IS a big thing and I don't think the films capture those very well either.

I understand in Batman and Batman Returns, the advent of the popularity of Hong Kong martial arts on film hasn't occured yet so maybe that's why a lot of the choreagraphy wasn't very smooth or cool-looking, but then again, Bruce Lee, Steven Segal, and Chuck Norris films have been out for a while already. I think the only time I really liked how Batman fought was against that knife weilding thug in Batman (1989). And in Batman Returns, when he was walking down that alley and he strikes that clown dude in the neck without even looking...that was HOT. smile

But in most of the fighting scenes, he looked awkward and slow...far from some dude who's supposedly mastered 127 forms of combat. Relying too much on armor for bullet protection. In Batman, he can't even do a kip-up after falling down (he looked like he just rocked and stood up) in that scene with Vale on the roof and the thugs around him. And at the cathedral, it was just sad that that big Joker thug could whup him around like that.

Where's the Iron Monkey action when you need it? I don't expect it to be so flowery and acrobatic, but a little more creativity will do good for the newest film coming out IMO.

punkyhermy
YEAY!!!!!!FINALLY A NEW TOPIC!!!I WAS REALLY BORED...
yeah back to the subject.batsy in the movies is far from lithe or even graceful! he's supposed to be really amazingly smooth and quik when moving and especially fighting!in the films, his movement is stiff and awkward and he looks funny instead of imposing!!!!!!!!!!

Blind-Enemy
i guess we can blame it on the costume , if you notice , in the movies batman doesnt have alot of movement in his neck and shoulders , that might be a huge factor

ash007
Indeed I agree with Blind-Enemy smile. I think the new Suit will allow Bale easy movement.

Also i think since the Matrix Films have come out i think the Fight choreography will be fantastic smile.

Should be fantastic also considering Batman Knows every form of martial arts it should be very interesting to see what the producers do with this film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.