Crying to Terminator movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

barand1
hi

just wondering if anyone has cried while watching a Terminator movie?

I know there was a similar question before, but this is a bit different.

anyway i was only lucky to Terminator 3 and the cinema as i was too young for T2 and wasn't even born for T1. but when i watched T3 (which i like and think is GREAT!!) at the cinema i remember i hardly moved in my chair, i don't even remember blinking (lol).

i must admit i did cry while watching it though. i the scene when John is talking about Sarah and how she died, and how see tried to survive long enough to make sure Judgment day would never happen. i went all cold and felt a tear crawl down my cheek.

did anyone feel the same?

billy

Red Superfly
No.

Only time I ever felt like crap was at the end of Terminator 2 when he gets lowerred into the steel.

The combination of the selfless Terminator, the fact he became more human and in a way, had a childlike innocence to him, and that John was bawling his eyes out, knowing his friend was never coming back. I think I saw it when I was seven, I'm sure I was welling up by the time of the "thumbs up" bit.

barand1
yea it's very clever that a science fiction action movie can make its audience feel this way.

i don't know of any film in that same genre that can do the same (make us cry).

vvvrulz
Indeed, thats what makes it stand out.

Personally no movie makes me cry...

barand1
LAIR

barand1
or is it spelt LIAR. yeah that's correct. SORRY

alic88
lol@barand
the t2 thumbs up, whole scene was emotional

the end of t3 was sad, made me cry a bit, not cry but get all emotional
t1 didnt make me cry sorry

vvvrulz
Emotions and tears are different. I just... don't cry with movies...

alic88
any chance that you happen to be living tissue over METAL ENDO-SKELETON?

Rave X
I did cry a little at the end of T2, when he lowers into to the steel. The end of T3 really made a huge impression on me, every time I see it I feel... a little empty or cold in the inside.

I know, I know, pathetic... ermm

vvvrulz
I get that feeling with some scenes in Star Wars Ep III.

Terminator 3 just didn't do it for me though.

And no, im not part-endoskeleton thanks Alic !

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Rave X
I did cry a little at the end of T2, when he lowers into to the steel. The end of T3 really made a huge impression on me, every time I see it I feel... a little empty or cold in the inside.

I know, I know, pathetic... ermm

Same here,

Arnold: I know now why you cry. But it's something I can never do.

Sarah Connor: The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too.

Konjammenson
Originally posted by barand1
i must admit i did cry while watching it though. i the scene when John is talking about Sarah and how she died, and how see tried to survive long enough to make sure Judgment day would never happen. i went all cold and felt a tear crawl down my cheek.

Im sorry. I will defend anyone who cried at the end of T2. But that, well, no. Just no.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by barand1

I didn't make me cry, though it did make me shake an angry fist at the movie screen.

Evanescence
i cried during t3 when john is telling arnie and kate that sarah died, i was like OMG what? i cried in the cimema, lucky no one saw me! sad

TMACalicious
I remember crying when Arnie said "I'm sorry, John, but I have to go." (or something like that) and was lowered into the molten steel... I think i was 7 or 8 at the time. 1st time I watched T2.... Such a touching ending/scene.... :'(

Konjammenson
The terminator in T2 was such a loveable character. He emulated the perfection of virtues that humanity strives to acheive, yet he isn't human. He was beatufiful.

TheFilmProphet
Extremely well put konja, I couldn't agree more.

He very much embodied the perfect father figure that John Connor had needed his entire life (even as an adult). Thus when it came down to the moment when Sarah, John, and the audience had to say their final goodbye it became a highly (the most) touching and moving scene in the film.

Konjammenson
hehe, i got a little "artsy" with that one.

TMACalicious
Originally posted by Konjammenson
The terminator in T2 was such a loveable character. He emulated the perfection of virtues that humanity strives to acheive, yet he isn't human. He was beatufiful.

Pure genius! Absolute genius! Excellent! Well worded, Konjammenson!

cool

TMACalicious
"I now know why you cry, but it is something I can never do..."

That line near the end is so true, and so emotional at the same time...

cool

vvvrulz
Yeah that one-liner really set the benchmark of the movie.
Its the deeper meaning of it all that makes T2 superior to anything else.

TheFilmProphet
SARAH
It's finally over.

TERMINATOR
No. There is another chip.

He touches a metal finger to the side of his head.

TERMINATOR
And it must be destroyed also.

John suddenly understands what he means.
Terminator looks at Sarah. They both know what must be done.
John shakes his head.

JOHN
No!

TERMINATOR
I'm sorry, John.

JOHN
No, no no!! It'll be okay. Stay with us!

TERMINATOR
I have to go away, John.

JOHN
Don't do it. Please... don't go --

Tears are streaming down his face.

TIGHT CLOSEUP TERMINATOR, turning toward John. The human side of his face is in shadow, so we see mostly the chrome skull and the red eye.

TERMINATOR
It must end here...

JOHN
I order you not to!

Terminator puts his hand on John's shoulder. He moves slightly and the human side of his face comes into the light. He reaches toward John's face. His metal finger touches the tear trickling down his cheek.

TERMINATOR
I know now why you cry. But it is something I
can never do.
(to both of them)
Goodbye.

Sarah looks at Terminator. Reaches out her hand to shake it.
They lock eyes. Warriors. Comrades.

He turns and steps off the edge. They watch him sink into the lava. He disappears... the metal hand sinking last... at the last second it forms into a fist with the thumb extended... a final thumbs up. Then it is gone.

http://tinypic.com/5xsjl4 http://tinypic.com/5xslkw

TMACalicious
sad Just reading the last few lines of the movie and looking at the pictures you've posted nearly brings a tear...

As i have said a lot of times before, and I shall say it again (sorry ppl big grin), T2 is one of the best movies (if not THE best) i will ever see in my life, not to mention one of the best movie endings ever big grin

Cheers for that TFP! thumb up

TheFilmProphet
Here is the one moment that brought many of the film viewers to the border of tears.

http://tinypic.com/5y9da8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.