Anakin was betrayed!! * Spoilers *

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lau_timmy
Wasn't Anakin betrayed by Sidious?!! He went to him because he beleived Palpatine had the answer to immortality & was betrayed by him when all he got was lies. Now, wether Anakin realized that or not is beside the point. But, isn't in most people's nature to get back at people when you feel betrayed even if the people you hurt weren't responsible for the betrayal?

DeVi| D0do
blink

Mist
.....uh huh........anakin didnt really get lies.....he just used the power he was taught in the wrong way...and BAM! screwed himself over...

Cascador
well didn't sidious say he had to power to create life? Maybe he did have that power...but I don't believe it...just a trick to get Anakin at his side.

Jedi Priestess
Sidous is also the one who pulled his ass off the lava bank and saved Anakin be that as it may so he kind of owes Sids. Before that point Anakin debates killing him on at least 2 seperate occasions.

Cascador

SithSpy
I belive that this is the paradox of the sith, all the power in the world, but inablity to control that power is the problem

astrofan428
I have come to feel sorry for Anakin since the new movies have come out, even though he will do some real bastard things in this next one.

bilb
JP is right.. Ani doesnt take out Sids even tho he knows he SHOULD. Also before the duel, it was Ani's plan to kill Sids & have he & Padme rule.... so basically its Anakins desire to hold on to those he loves and for power that leads to his fall. Sids just helped speed up the process IMO

SithSpy
even stars burn out.........even stars burn out the voice inside told him and with that he silenced the voice and decided he would never lose her -random novel quote that I thought made sense here whistle

Red Superfly
Sidious BENT the truth. Anakin gained power, was seduced quickly by it, but Sidious kinda tricked him into it.

Anakin didn't read the "small print" of Sidious' offer. It's really cool how Anakins deal with Sidious is like a pact with the devil.

Anakin DOES get power, amazing power. But what Sidious never told Anakin was that he wasn't ready for it. He becomes too powerful, too arrogant, and over confident (which is again mirrored by Luke in ROTJ when he says "Your over confidence is your weakness"wink. It costs him his life and his "soul" in a sense. Blinded and fuelled by hate, he carries on his duties for the Emperor. Because everything that Anakin once held dear was destroyed, he had no attachments, his only "friend" was the Emperor. The wrench in the Emperors plans was Luke Skywalker, the only one who could reach out to Anakin. I kinda see the Vader suit as a "prison" where The Emperor keeps Anakin locked up. Luke manages to break his shackles.

This is why I think Luke's demise was so important to Vader. Vader is so overly confident, that he is convinced Luke will turn. his conflict begins when Luke resists, and Luke can sense it. Vader, no matter how evil he became, couldn't bring himself to destroy Luke, or LET him be destroyed. When Vader realises The Emperor was just using him ("take your fathers place at my side"wink, and Luke refuses, Anakin gets stronger, and Vader becomes weaker. He sees the error of his ways, and realises that he would have suffered the same fate as Luke if he refused all those years ago. The Emperor was never his friend, Luke was, and he kills Palps. Good stuff.

Y'see, THIS is what Lucas is all about. Sure, he's not a brilliant director, but man, he can tell one amazing philosophical tale. The moral underpinnings and subtle references to all kinds of religion is what makes Star Wars so damn fascinating.

LanİeWindu™
Thanks for the spoiler tags people...stick out tongue

I added a spoiler heading.

Naredhel
*BS*

J-Unit
Anakin Has A Dream About Padme Dying But What He Dosn't Know Is That Its He Himself Who Kills Her... And Palaptine Used The Dream To His Advantage Just To Turn Him TO The Darkside Of The Force

Darth Jello
Anakin wanted him and padme to lay low and wait for Palpatine to brutally subjigate the galaxy. Once it was united under and against him, anakin would kill him and rule the galaxy with Padme and his children as heroes. Intrestingly enough, Dooku also had weird motives-doing away with the rule of 2 and starting up an order of Sith Knights to bring order to the galaxy in place of the Jedi.

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Sidious BENT the truth. Anakin gained power, was seduced quickly by it, but Sidious kinda tricked him into it.

Anakin didn't read the "small print" of Sidious' offer. It's really cool how Anakins deal with Sidious is like a pact with the devil.

Anakin DOES get power, amazing power. But what Sidious never told Anakin was that he wasn't ready for it. He becomes too powerful, too arrogant, and over confident (which is again mirrored by Luke in ROTJ when he says "Your over confidence is your weakness"wink. It costs him his life and his "soul" in a sense. Blinded and fuelled by hate, he carries on his duties for the Emperor. Because everything that Anakin once held dear was destroyed, he had no attachments, his only "friend" was the Emperor. The wrench in the Emperors plans was Luke Skywalker, the only one who could reach out to Anakin. I kinda see the Vader suit as a "prison" where The Emperor keeps Anakin locked up. Luke manages to break his shackles.

This is why I think Luke's demise was so important to Vader. Vader is so overly confident, that he is convinced Luke will turn. his conflict begins when Luke resists, and Luke can sense it. Vader, no matter how evil he became, couldn't bring himself to destroy Luke, or LET him be destroyed. When Vader realises The Emperor was just using him ("take your fathers place at my side"wink, and Luke refuses, Anakin gets stronger, and Vader becomes weaker. He sees the error of his ways, and realises that he would have suffered the same fate as Luke if he refused all those years ago. The Emperor was never his friend, Luke was, and he kills Palps. Good stuff.

Y'see, THIS is what Lucas is all about. Sure, he's not a brilliant director, but man, he can tell one amazing philosophical tale. The moral underpinnings and subtle references to all kinds of religion is what makes Star Wars so damn fascinating.

Exactly! Nicely put!

Anakin Skywalke
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Thank you!!Beautiful!!

Exactly!Anakin is not Evil, is Vader and sidious planned the whole thing and then surcomstandses gave palpatine the advantage

You just explained what I couldn't put into word but had in my mind

(sorry I can't spell embarrasment )

Darth Blender

Darth Blender
Another thing is the Emperor told Anakin after he turned they will find out the secret of creating life together! As strong as they are they should thogether be able to unlock any secret of the Force. Another tricky tool to bind Anakin to the ways of the Sith. And after he lost everything there was no more need to gain this powers. And I have a feeling that Sidious truly has this power. He somehow reanimated Anakin or kept him alive. Sidious laid his hand down on Anakins burned forehead, concentrated and saying "Live Lord Vader. Live my apprentice. Live"

Darth_Nefarus
I'm not entirely sure about that last part. I think Anakin survives because he's so immensely powerful and has so much of the darkside flowing through him.

Darth Blender

Fcuker
sidious betrays anakin because he says that throught the teaching of the dark side one can learn to save others live but it a yoda discovers through Qui Gonn jinn that the only way to extend life is for one self by becoming one with the force. which yoda, obiwan and anakin learn how to do... so in a way anakin does get to live forever but without padme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.