Bruce Springsteen!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

barand1
what is your favorite Bruce Springsteen album or song?

barand1
come on....anyone?

peejay88
Best song is impossible with Bruce. I love the Rising (album and song) picked it up before i went on hliday when it was first released so it has a lot of nostalgic quality and every track is great IMO. His latest (Devils and Dust) is great too, it's a grower, you gotta give it a few listens, probarbly because the subjects and themes in the songs are so personal and deep.

JimMorrison227
First of all I gotta say, Bruce Springsteen is The Boss....My favourite album is probably Darkness On The Edge Of Town, and the song would have to be Candy's Room, especially when it is live....Then it is two times better.

Bardock42
Bruce Springsteen is great.....I love The River, Streets of Philadelphia ....

In the last time I usualy listened to Independence Day, My Hometown or Drive all night....

But I like most songs I have heard of him....

peejay88
Originally posted by JimMorrison227
The song would have to be Candy's Room, especially when it is live....Then it is two times better.

Agree 100%, went to see bruce at LAncashire county cricket club in 2003, Candy's room was an awesome stand out track, 'Meeting across the river' was also a pleasant rarety as well.

Storm
I just read on Wikipedia that there would be no Bruce Springsteen version of "Walking in Memphis", despite common mis-citations on and various lyric websites. Is this correct?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Storm
I just read on Wikipedia that there would be no Bruce Springsteen version of "Walking in Memphis", despite common mis-citations on and various lyric websites. Is this correct?

Yeah, Marc Cohn sounds very, very similar though.

Punkyhermy
I love Springsteen. My favorite song has to be "Into the Fire"

who?-kid
Originally posted by barand1
what is your favorite Bruce Springsteen album or song?
Ghost of Tom Joad.

Bardock42
Originally posted by who?-kid
Ghost of Tom Joad.

Oh god, I love the Song soo much, I mean seriously it's sooo good...Rage Against the Machine just weren't able to match it.

mysterio69
born to run is a great song to drive to.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh god, I love the Song soo much, I mean seriously it's sooo good...Rage Against the Machine just weren't able to match it.
The entire album is great. I prefer Springsteen when he's calm, it feels like he's sitting on his porch with just his guitar and whispering those beautiful songs.

BobbyD
Originally posted by mysterio69
born to run is a great song to drive to.

..considered amongst the greatest rock songs of all time, though not one of my personal favorites of his. erm

who?-kid
Originally posted by Bardock42
The first time I head their version, I just didn't recognize it. Being subtle isn't their thing I guess.

Bardock42
Originally posted by who?-kid
The first time I head their version, I just didn't recognize it. Being subtle isn't their thing I guess.

Oh well, I think it is still rather great. But I like his version more.

amity75
Nebraska is my favourite album. Nice and bleak.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.