singers trying to be actors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starcali
One of the things I hate the most is when singers think just cause they sold a lot of albums that they should be in a movie. sorry to say most of them can't act for s!@#t. One of the movie headlines today was Beyonce in dreamgirls. I love Beyonce's music but come on don't put her in a movie. I hated her in Austin Powers and in Fighting temptations. And lets not even bring up Mariah Carey and Britney Spears movie. If you haven't seen them be grateful cause they both sucked! Don't bother to try to sit through any of it. Directors need to wise up and stop putting singers in movies. mad

ragesRemorse
you wouldnt believe that the market is so flood with the lack of talent there is. I assure everyone that 50 cent will not be any different on film than he is when he is drooling in the mirror.

botankus
Originally posted by starcali
mad

This smilie has always irritated me for some reason. I think it's because it makes me think of how a spoiled 10-year old kid usually acts.

Anyways, here's some little-known trivia about singers / actors.

Did you know both lead singers (in their history) of Anthrax have been killed in a movie? First, it was Joey Belladonna dying in an acid bath in Pledge Night. Then, years later it was John Bush in Hellraiser III as he died in a nightclub hook-fest. Bush was lead singer of Armoured Saint at the time. He took the Anthrax job a few years later.

zrockerchick
Where did you get this stuff?

botankus
I watched the movies and also listen to the bands.

zrockerchick
awesome! i don't really follow up on these bands! But I like Theri music!

silver_tears
I think Mandy Moore is good at what she does confused

faradayslaw
Yeah, I gotta admit Mandy Moore actually does a pretty good job of acting................... unlike Britney Spears.

Morning_Glory
yea I like Mandy Moore... dont think her singing career is much anymore though

harry_lover_1
People like Britney need to STOP being a s*** and get on with her life. Even Hilary Duff. I'm not saying she's a s*** but she capital S-U-C-K-S at singing. Have you heard her? Mandy Moore is real good at both. I love her voice and she acts real good.

ThePhantomsKiss
Gerard Butler had to sing and act in The Phantom Of The Opera ,first time he had ever sing,and I am serious he actually did sing in the movie,he didn't lip sink.Nither did Emmy Rossum exsept on 'Think of me'

micahrulz
I kind of thought Britney was like a young Cameron Diaz, which I'm sure she wouldn't thank me for given the current relationship between the two. I agree she should stick to singing, but she wasn't that bad.

ThePhantomsKiss
Yeah she should totally stick to singing instead of acting O_o

BOPRecruit 16
i don't have a problem with some singers making their way into movies. i mean, some or most do it just for fun and to try something new while they're not making any music with their band. i think it's great they do it for fun and see which ones appear in movies. i know that not many are great, but there are a few that aren't bad. i liked jon bonjovi when he guest starred on ally mcbeal. of course, my taste in entertainment was a bit different back then... as for any other ones, can't think of any at the moment that i liked. it was cool that gavin rossdale was in constantine. but not great. besides, that type of role wasn't meant for good acting. just a tough demon/devil what not. don't bash me for my opinions here.

ThePhantomsKiss
^agree big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.