Assassination of anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth_Matt84
Hi I'm new to the forum, but i've been visiting it for a while. I was just wondering, after watching the clone wars cartoon series, why is dooku tasked with assassinating anakin by sidious, when in fact Sidious wants to take anakin as his apprentice? Perhaps it's just a test for him or something. Any thoughts?

macgeek2005
Sidious knows that anakin will kill count. Sidious has everything under control.

darth_Matt84
I thought as much. Too bad he didn't have Obi1 under control - he didn't bet on him taking anakin to within an inch of his life

Darth Maverick
maybe Sidious is looking to make Anakin stronger by toping obstacles

darth_Matt84
Perhaps - but arrogance is always the flaw of a sith and Sidious was arrogant in assuming anakin could take ob1 out.

DenKi
Well Sidious must of wanted them noth to fight to prove himself

Darth_Nefarus
He just wanted to make Anakin's emotions and love for battle increase.

MistaMandalore
Well...maybe he DID know that Anakin would be worked by Obi-wan. Assuming of course that Sidious can see events way in the future..imagine the power Vader would have if he wasn't confined to his armor being more machine than man. Sidious would probably not have lasted as long as the reigning Sith otherwise.

frau
That's what I was thinking too. Sidious must have known that Anakin was more powerful than he was, and letting him become part machine was a control thing.

Or maybe he just wanted an apprentice that wore a wicked suit. stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
well, he wasent more powerful, he would become more powerful...

Gangularis
Originally posted by MistaMandalore
Well...maybe he DID know that Anakin would be worked by Obi-wan. Assuming of course that Sidious can see events way in the future..imagine the power Vader would have if he wasn't confined to his armor being more machine than man. Sidious would probably not have lasted as long as the reigning Sith otherwise.

if sidious ability to see into the future was perfect, Vader wouldn't have had the chance to throw him down the shaft in ROTJ.

barrakuchi2
go ahead anakin better those MOFO's evil face

Darth_Nefarus
Sidious' future seeing abilities exist because of the darkside and it's growing power. Anakin had started on the dark path all on his own with no help from Sidious when he killed the Tusken Raiders.

And Anakin is more powerful than Sidious before the lava bath, Lucas said in one of the OT dvd commentaries Anakin is the best, most powerful, however you want to look at it. But he's a little crazy as well, and thus, he fails.

DenKi
Ok,

But please stop saying "Thus" This isnt the Matrix Reloaded or this isnt any Lord of the Rings bible crap lol

Stunrun
Originally posted by frau
That's what I was thinking too. Sidious must have known that Anakin was more powerful than he was, and letting him become part machine was a control thing.

Or maybe he just wanted an apprentice that wore a wicked suit. stick out tongue

Vader was severly weakened after his lava bath. Palpatine never intended it to be this way, so thats why in ROTJ he wanted to seduce poor Luke so he could have the perfect apprentice.

I know, he sounds like a child molester with all this 'seducing' going onstick out tongue

Ushgarak
Stunrun is correct- in no way was Palpatine hoping Anakin would lose that.

People would do well to stop assigning perfect planning to Sidious at all times- his plans often go awry and he has to improvise. Not everything that happens is exactly what he wants, and ultimately you only have to look at his death to remove that recent weird presumption of perfection.

frau
Originally posted by Stunrun
Vader was severly weakened after his lava bath. Palpatine never intended it to be this way, so thats why in ROTJ he wanted to seduce poor Luke so he could have the perfect apprentice.

Ahh, good point. yes

tachie5
WARNING SPOILERS:

I just think that the Sidious is looking for the perfect apprentice since Maul split(ha ha). I think he knows that Dooku will not be it because Dooku has power trip. Sidious wouldnt want him for fear he would betray him. So Sidious betrays him first. Also I heard that Dooku had apparetnly cut a deal prior to his death because he tells Palp that he thought he had granted him amnesty and then Ani cuts his head off.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, I guess Sidious might not have wanted Anakin to become injured, but it just seems that someone with his foresight ability would have to know what would happen.
Regardless, I don't think that torks him off as much as when Luke rejects his offer. An almost perfect apprentice.

SimplePriest
Originally posted by DenKi
Ok,

But please stop saying "Thus" This isnt the Matrix Reloaded or this isnt any Lord of the Rings bible crap lol

Hey... I resent thine comment.

ESP07
I dont think Sidious ever expected Obi-Wan to survive long enough to confront Anakin. Accordint to the screen play, Grevious was supposed to take care of him. By the time Sidious realizes that Obi-Wan is still alive, he is too distracted by Yoda to make tracks and help Anakin on Mustafar. By that time its too late.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.