Is There A Sequence After The Final Credits?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
I posted a comment similiar to this in the soundtrack thread a while back and I think it got overlooked... but it is something I have really been wondering a lot about.

It is purely speculation and I have absolutely NO "real" evidence to back it up...

But here goes:

Did anyone else think that the end-credits track seemed rather long? From the moment the credits start to roll (based on the music from the other 5 movies) until the final sound on the track I count 11 minutes 44 seconds. The length of the Episode II End Credits Sequence was 6 minutes 1 second. That is almost half the time of the Episode III End Credits Sequence (a difference of 5 minutes 43 seconds in length)

Unless the soundtrack is different from the movie, that would be a record length for credits in a Star Wars film. It could just be extra long for the soundtrack, but usually this track is exactly how it sounds in the movie!

Dare I speculate that some of this music corresponds to something else either after or in the middle of the credits?

Might there be some kind of montage of footage from the 20 years between the trilogies?

Maybe flashes of footage from the Old Trilogy?

Some kind of cool surprise? eek!

You have to admit that it would make sense to see something a bit cheerful after such a dark movie since this is the end of star wars and how most people will remember it.

I know there will be many that disagree with me and that is fine. I just want to hear what everyone else thinks about this. wink

ExecuteR
maybe its the gag real!! just joking
seriously man i dont know, but dont bet on it

mephistodesigns
I was just wondering that exact thing today as I listened to the ROTS soundtrack yet again, about perhaps their being footage in the credits from the OT. I hope not though. It just destroys the visual continuity of the films... I guess it would be cool in the theatrical release only, but once it hit DVD, I would want just music and credits.

macgeek2005
It should end dark. That's a bad idea. If they do show something else, it'll be Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi.

According to some scripts it ends with Owen and Beru looking out at the sunset with baby luke, some scripts it ends with Vader and Emperor and Tarkin watching the construction of the Death Star, and in the Novel the end is Obi-Wan riding off into the desert on his eopie. Any of these endings are excellent. I wouldn't want anything else after them. And if there was anything, i'd leave the theater before then.

lucasfilm
i would love that!!!! i hope so.. but yeha man i have NO idea..i dont think any others do either

macgeek2005
Where did you get the soundtrack? It's released on May 3.

??????????

DarkYoda
I know that it seems the movie will end with Obi-Wan handing Luke to Owen and Beru and then riding off into the Tatooine Dessert with the twin suns and everything but still, with this being the end (and I don't think it really messes up continuity if done right), it makes sense to have a kind of "send off" for the saga that leaves people feeling happy. I really doubt most people would care if it ruins the whole "perfect" symmetry of the movies having the exact same style of credits. Even the Lord Of The Rings had a kind of departure in ROTK, flashing the characters as artistic renderings with their real names.

macgeek: check out the soundtrack thread - it was leaked this past weekend.

macgeek2005
Can someone PM me the soundtrack? The torrent thingy at that thread didn't work.

DeVi| D0do
not gonna happen...

that'd be stupid

DarkYoda
But this one question remains:

If there is not a sequence, why in the heck are the credits so long for Episode 3? Was there that much more work done on it or that many more people involved with it than Episode 2?

OB1-adobe
Just because the end was long doesn't mean that will all be used in the final credits. Most of the soundtracks have music that doesn't even make it in the movie.

Obi-OneManShow
I've been speculating on this very thing for months now (so even before hearing the soundtrack) but I didn't think it worth opening a thread for.

I think the credits should remain in style with the other films, however I wouldn't mind, after they finished, seeing some nice happy scrappy behind-the-scenes emotional montage of 30 years of SW, or just a nod or farewell of some kind. It would be nice if it didn't start till after the credits, so only die-hards would know of it and wait tosee it.

I remember in 1999 waiting in empty cinema with my brother, just to hear Vader breathing at the end of the credits.

DarkYoda
Remember that I compared the Episode 3 soundtrack with the other star wars soundtracks. Their end credits tracks are exactly the way the movies sound. So, based on that evidence, it is likely the credits will be 11 minutes long for Episode 3.

kiadimundijedi
Man I hope that there is something. I agree after the credits though... And if it was vader killing some jedi, even better!!!

DARTH DADDY
I think that would be cool as well. Having little clips of scenes that take place in between 3 and 4. It still would be dark because of the times. The Rise of the Empire. Showing Leia grow up maybe. All the Jedi will be killed at the Temple but what about those that are across the galaxy doing other things. It could show Vader going after them as well. All cools stuff, we shall see.

((The_Anomaly))
what!? where are u getting the soundtrack from????

this is insanity, why wasn't I informed! lol

VanHelsing321
Maybe the credits are so long because GL wanted to thank a boat load of people?

((The_Anomaly))
seriously people! where can i get the soundtrack from?

Echuu
If they did have something after the credits it should just be vader and clones.

mossman
Just because the track as recorded and featured on the CD is that long, doesn't mean that it will all be used in the film for the credits sequence.

And if they are actually this long, well - I'd put it down to this being GL's last chance to thank everyone who has worked on the saga, before I anticipated an "after credits" sequence...

JKozzy
Originally posted by DarkYoda
But this one question remains:

If there is not a sequence, why in the heck are the credits so long for Episode 3? Was there that much more work done on it or that many more people involved with it than Episode 2? I personally think Lucas will pull a Peter Jackson and list all the people who purchased/subscribed to Hyperspace at the end of the credits. Since this is the only movie with credits these long, and Hyperspace has only been around for ROTS, it only makes sense. At least, to me.

EHmasterJedi
So being im a member of HS my name would be in the credits? cool!

ab2421
Wouldn't that be hilarous... they know after episode 3 nobody will pay for hyperspace, so this will be their last-ditch effort : "LAST CHANCE>>> SIGN UP FOR HYPERSPACE and get ur name on the greatest work of cinema ever to grace the big screen---- Get a free postcard from George lucas as well!!!! " I can see it now...

Echuu
laughing

JKozzy
Hell, to get my name on there for pretty much the rest of time? I just might do that stick out tongue

LightSaber_Part
Well I think it would be nice to have something at the end of the credits, (like some farewell to star wars)
although if they did have something at the end it would break all the emotions that you would pick up the movie. (if that makes any since)

in fewer words, it would be really cool to have something but then not be so cool.

Darth Jello
i agree, the episode II ending credits were substantially different then what appeared on the soundtrack

macgeek2005
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
what!? where are u getting the soundtrack from????

this is insanity, why wasn't I informed! lol

The soundtrack leaked a while ago. I can give it to you if you want.

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by DarkYoda
I know that it seems the movie will end with Obi-Wan handing Luke to Owen and Beru and then riding off into the Tatooine Dessert with the twin suns and everything but still, with this being the end (and I don't think it really messes up continuity if done right), it makes sense to have a kind of "send off" for the saga that leaves people feeling happy. I really doubt most people would care if it ruins the whole "perfect" symmetry of the movies having the exact same style of credits. Even the Lord Of The Rings had a kind of departure in ROTK, flashing the characters as artistic renderings with their real names.

macgeek: check out the soundtrack thread - it was leaked this past weekend.

it would piss me off.

DarkYoda
Well, for those that want perfect symmetry to the movie's end credits sequence I have this to say...

The opening sequence is already much different than any other Star Wars movie... it doesn't start off quiet or with slight action, but jumps immediately into a gigantic action sequence with a lot of urgency. No other SW film has ever done that.

Also, even if there is no sequence at the end, it already breaks the symmetry of the end credits sequence just by being really long. No other SW film has credits that long...in fact, most movies PERIOD don't have credits that long.

wink

JKozzy
Except the Matrix movies smile

DeVi| D0do
I'm telling you, it's not gonna happen, I'll gaurantee it!

Either the credit sequence is longer (more people or more likely slower speed) or the Soundtrack is not exactly what'll be on the movie which is most likey the case.

DarkYoda
Before I make up my mind, I would like an "official" copy of the soundtrack instead of just the leaked copy... I think it would add more weight to my argument. smile If there is such a final sequence, just remember where you heard it first. wink

DeVi| D0do
I will certainly take my hat off to you if you are right big grin

vader519
Well I think the creidts at the end of the movie are going to very long because I think there more people who worked on ROTS this time around. I mean think about it, they had to hire more people to build more miniutres for all the plantes we see, not to mention he may put some of the credits from the video game in there as well.

DarkYoda
Well, even when you listen to the track, it seems like it just refuses to die. It just goes on and on and on...

Why would they include credits for the videogame in the movie credits? Maybe movie credits in the videogame...but there would be no reason to thank people for their work on the videogame in the movie credits.

There could be an advertisement for the videogame though.

We'll just have to see. And once we find out in May I'll make sure and bump this thread big grin

I may be eating my slice of humble pie... then again I may be doing the banana dance!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth Jello
maybe we'll finally see some hot Yoda on Yaddle action after the credits. I here the litte dude is like a tripod with ears.

DarkYoda
At C3, Rick McCallum joked that Revenge Of The Sith had 54 minutes of credits... hmmm

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/C3_Report_from_Rick_McCallum_Spectacular_91587.asp

I wonder if that means anything?

DeVi| D0do
hmm... very interesting indeed...

I still think it's a stupid idea though, and serioudsly doubt anything will happen...

drex
yeah man good thread he could do it as it is the end of the star wars era as we know it! although it could also muck up the feelings of the film!

as it is supposed to be all dark with this vader stuff!

He could give us as insight into what is next for star wars maybe 7,8 and 9? or a remak of the ot! u never know with lucas

DeVi| D0do
There will be NO 7, 8 or 9 and NO remake!!!

FFS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.