General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thanos the Lord
If the guy's a robot and doesnt have the Force with him, cant Obi-Wan Force push him like the Jedi do to the droids?

JKozzy
Yes. And Jedi can force-push other Jedi, too.

LandoSpeeder2
Who says he doesn't?

Jedi Priestess
At this time we have roughly 378,285 Grevious threads. Any reason you didnt use one of them to pose your question?

mossman
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
At this time we have roughly 378,285 Grevious threads. Any reason you didnt use one of them to pose your question?

laughing

There are that few...?

((The_Anomaly))
whos general grievous? blink

Echuu
He turns into teh death star!!!! as one member once said

mossman
Originally posted by Echuu
He turns into teh death star!!!! as one member once said

Hah - someone really said that!?
Brilliant.

They must have been thinking of this guy:

http://www.transfan-asylum.org/screencap/caps/nonTF/unicron3.jpg
http://www.transfan-asylum.org/screencap/caps/nonTF/unicron5.jpg

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Grievous is Force pushes several times in other things that I've seen. Dooku completely dupes him and throws him down with the Force in Clone Wars.

Creechuur
Why does it bother you forum-nazis so much that people post individual questions? The guy wanted his question answered or discussed. He's got a better chance of that happening if he starts a new thread, rather than having his question buried between the regular's 'oh so important' smiley face emoticons and flippant responses to people who are not as forum-saavy as they are. I swear, if it was up to some of you, there would be 6 threads with 500,000 posts each. The internet bullies and holier-than-thous on KMC make me sick to my stomach. You dont sound funny, intelligent or bitingly sarcastic. You sound like small, pathetic fools who take their dissatisfaction in life out on strangers. You people should buy a small animal to abuse and berate, or get some therapy or something.

Now, about the topic at hand. In the Clone Wars cartoon, Dooku reminds Greivous who the big dog is by force pushing him after a duel. I think the only reason Obi-Wan doesnt do this is because the fight would be over before it starts...and that wouldnt make good cinema. I think half of the plot holes and mistakes we blame Lucas of making are done just to make a more visually dynamic movie.

Also, I read that Greivous has been trained to dodge force pushes. He has speed-of-light reflexes, and as far as I can tell a force push is kind of a cone or ray of power, so Greivous would just sidestep or jump over the area of influence, like he does in the hallway outside Palpatines office in the cartoon.

Jedi Priestess
Damn Creech is that all ya got? laughing out loud I realise what a pain in the butt all this is for you. But since you appear once and awhile you'd not know that this very topic has been discussed ad nauseum and quite frankly thats not even the main issue. The issue is the failure of new people to even BOTHER to read the EP3 section suggestions posted right up there at the beginning of this section. Sorry if this offends your sensibilities, but this happens in here at the rate of 2-3 times a day now, and it's come to the point that the worth-while discussions are pushed off the main page in favor of threads made by those who feel they dont have to or dont want to take the time to look before they open their mouths.

Oh and Clone Wars cartoons are not cannon, so I'd say the answer to the question is best found by watching ROTS or reading the script.

Creechuur
Actually JP, I'm here every single day. I stopped participating in this pettiness-fest a long time ago, except for the occasional remark. Every single day I watch people get berated for something as trivial as an improper forum thread. It scares me to think of how some of you react to REAL problems.

I used to like practicing my insults in the internet too, but then I realized how childish, spiteful and lame it made me look so I stopped. I now try to not say anything in chat or forums that I wouldnt say to someones face in real life. I respect JP because, as caustic as she sometimes is, I think she lives by the same rule. I would suspect that most of the rest of you SW geeks do not, however.

Canon-shmanon. Jedi can force push Greivous, but dont because lightsaber fights look much cooler, period. stick out tongue

phinney6
damn skippy

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Creechuur
I respect JP because, as caustic as she sometimes is, I think she lives by the same rule.

Canon-shmanon. Jedi can force push Greivous, but dont because lightsaber fights look much cooler, period. stick out tongue

Damn skippy, in fact people that have met me in real life from the net say Im exactly like I am online.

And whats this canon=shmanon stuff. For SHAME creech! nono mwah1

Force Adept
At least Creechuur said something, I would've, but I haven't been around long enough to start bitching smile I just don't understand why some of you people have to be like "Oh, we've already talked about that, so you can't discuss it yourself." If it bothers certain people that much, don't read to thread stick out tongue

Assholes big grin

Force Adept
No offense, btw... it just bothers me sometimes.

Jedi Priestess
Just like it bothers the crap out of me why people cant have their discussion in AN EXISTING THREAD! Look no one is saying the guy cant discuss this. The problem is the NEW thread creation. Well that and your name calling. roll eyes (sarcastic)

phinney6
agreed with JP ( a rare moment)

Force Adept
Heh, I'm sorry. I was out of line I suppose.

Just be nicer I guess is what I was trying to say. All this alcohol in my blood might make it come out different, though. But don't moderators have the option of merging threads?? That'd probably be more constructive.

Again, sorry.

Captain REX
*summons the Lancemeister*

Jedi Priestess
REXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! eek! How the heck are ya! smile

LanİeWindu™
There are already many GG threads out there, please use them.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.