ROTS Anakin vs. Darth Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
I think that these are some of the best Jedi ever. Who do you think would win. I think that Revan would win but wouldbe a hard fight.

Darth_Nefarus
If they fought with sabers, Anakin would ice him, but if they were to just talk, I bet Revan could convince Anakin to join him, and they'd take over the galaxy.

Darth_Janus
If Obi Wan can defeat Anakin, I think Revan can. The boy is obviously lacking in experience and cool-headedness that a more mature and learned Sith lord would have.

Darth_Nefarus
Obi-Wan beats Anakin because he knows him so well, it's not just being more experienced. Most of the Jedi Anakin kills in the movie have more experience than he does. But Obi-Wan knows how to push the right buttons, he knows how Anakin fights, how Anakin thinks. They are like brothers. Obi-Wan survives because of his history with Anakin, and his incredible resourcefulness.

Darth_Janus
That is true. I admit that. But I still think Revan could hold his own and perhaps defeat Anakin. The chance does exist. After all, Revan is one of the most powerful Sith of all time, and is considered the best military genius the Jedi had ever seen. With skills like those, even little Annie would be fighting for his life.

Darth_Nefarus
I agree, he could defeat him, due to the fact he has more control, but, I know you hate this, Anakin is the chosen one. The jesus of Star Wars, if you will. If the force created you to serve it's will and you joined the darkside, it would drive you completely insane. And I think Episode 3 will prove Anakin is both insane and superhuman.

Darth_Janus
But ultimate? Never. An ultimate force created being would have defeated Sidious easily and gone on to do great things. Instead Vader took a hot bath and spent the next twenty or thirty years taking orders from a non-Force sensitive Admiral.

That is, unless the force works in -really- mysterious ways. Like, really damn mysterious. Han Solo was half-Wookiee and didn't know it mysterious.

Darth_Nefarus
The force does work in mysterious ways. I mean, creating a being to do something is one thing, but the force still has to let Anakin have an identity. What kind of story would it be if Anakin were born as wise as Yoda? It'd be lame.
The force certainly didn't wish it to happen, but that's why Luke and Leia were around. Plan B

Darth_Janus
So the Force is fallible then. This undermines Anakin's chosen one badassness if the thing behind his conception is fallible! Mwa ha ha ha!

You just scored one for the anti-Lucasists, my man!

Darth_Nefarus
I didn't say the force is fallible, I just said the force knew that by creating a being that attuned to the force in the clouding of the lightside, that being could easily be turned. Who knows? Maybe the force knew it was the only way to destroy Sidious, I mean it's possible.

Darth_Nefarus
and if you're an anti-Lucasasist, don't go see the movie

Darth_Janus
But you said the Force had a plan B. Why would it need a plan B if it knew what was gonna happen to begin with?

But really, what bothers me about the prophecy is that a Chosen One was deemed neccessary, and yet I can't see it. If Anakin hadn't been at Sidious' side, I am doubtful the Jedi would have lost entirely. If anything, Mace may have defeated Sidious and if not him, then Obi and Yoda may have been able to do something about the old man. But the majority of Sidious' backing and power comes from having Anakin in his pocket. Kinda messed up to have the Chosen One working for his future target. Ironic, but still messed up.

But back to my main point, I can't see where a Chosen One was neccessary, unless we want to speculate on half a dozen twists and turns and what-ifs and possibilities that lead to Anakin needing to be born and to eventually kill Sidious, the Ultimate Bad Guy (tm) because no one else ever posisbly could, ever. It just reeks of something tossed in at the last minute.

Darth_Janus
And Anti-Lucasist is the term I've coined for those who hate on the prophecy. Since the centre of the Prophecy is Lucas's good word, naturally an Anti-Lucasist is someone who doesn't believe in GL's word 100%.

And if anything, I'll see the movie because after seeing all this debate, I really have to see for myself.

((The_Anomaly))
Anakin hands down, the friggin KOTOR characters are way overrated

Darth_Nefarus
I agree that they are overrated, but I don't think it would be a hands down victory.

Darth Jello
obi-wan doesn't win through skill, he wins cause anakin makes a mistake.

Darth_Nefarus
Obi-Wan wins through several factors, skill, experience, control, and because he knows Anakin's weakness and how to exploit them.

Kun-ni Habeo
and he's also a ninja
huuzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaahhhhhhhhh

Julie
Revan would probably triumph....he's got a lot more experience...esp controling the dark side

jackstain
triumph.......o lord.....

well anakin wuld smite him, and thats the bottom line...

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/images/products/WWEB002_L.JPG

archive monitor
it really relies on whether revan strayed from the light again though

Darth_Janus
Does it? Revan has much more experience with both sides of the Force than Annie does. Much more experience with a lightsaber. Much more experience in combat, especially with other Jedi. But don't listen to me. The movies are rox00r and all else sux, right?

archive monitor
i dont think all else sux actually.

archive monitor
the galaxy would be a hollow place without other stories

Darth_Janus
I'm glad you agree with me on that much. I don't hate the movies either, but I still enjoy EU and whatnot a lot more, simply because it's adding on to what's already great, not challenging it for dominance.

archive monitor
have they completed all stories the the vong yet? i havent read them all and i want to know what happens

Darth_Janus
I'm not sure myself. I haven't read anything chronologically past ROTJ myself. Still picking over the novels and books that come beforehand.

archive monitor
yeah here are so many, shadows of the empire and splinter of a minds eye are my fave. how about u?

Darth_Janus
I liked both of those, though I'm rather fond of The Approaching Storm, which I'm reading through now.

archive monitor
i think i have that. is shi mai of the commerce guilds in that?

Darth_Janus
Yep. Sure is.

Darth_Glentract
The following is a major episode 3 spoiler from the book. Scroll and highlight to read. Scroll down at your own risk.

In the ROTS book Anakin dosent kill very many, if any Jedi by himself. The clones kill all of the Jedi. Turning the clones against the Jedi was THE REVENGE OF THE SITH. That was how they got back at the Jedi. All that Anakin really did was kill Nute Gunray and some other Seperaist leaders. He didn't even really kill Mace Windu, Mace was starting to beat Palpatine when Anakin, who was standing behind Mace, pushed him off a large ledge and Mace fell to his death a few thousand feet below. The only person he really even hurt was Dooku. To put it simply, ROTS Anakin is mostly hype to raise moral among the Republic.

Veneficus
Wow can you believe this thread!? People actually believed that Anakin would defeat Revan! It has been a long time since I last saw this.

Darth_Glentract
That was back with the previews gave Anakin a huge rep that he later didn't live up to.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
That was back with the previews gave Anakin a huge rep that he later didn't live up to.
Oh yea...its been awile since this thread happened.

Tangible God
It happened back in the days of merry old, when the grass was green and we were woken up by the soft twittering of the morning dove.

Now it's the days of Orlando Bloom making crapy movies set 1000 years ago, his Heaven movie thing to name one.

Aduruth
It's tough becuase they are both my favorite "bad guys" and fav "good guys"(well obi for good, but all 3 of them are tied for fav good guys) But I would go with Revandue to his exp. with dark side powers, dont forget Anakin just lkearned recently how to use all those force abilities, true he is the chosen one but he hasnt HAD A CHANCE! to "fine tune" all those abilities, like revan has. No doubt it would be a great fight.

Aduruth
Originally posted by Tangible God
It happened back in the days of merry old, when the grass was green and we were woken up by the soft twittering of the morning dove.

Now it's the days of Orlando Bloom making crapy movies set 1000 years ago, his Heaven movie thing to name one.

really i thought kingdom of heaven was great(i didnt like how he surrendered though, he shouldve died along/ with his men or win/ fend them off.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Aduruth
really i thought kingdom of heaven was great(i didnt like how he surrendered though, he shouldve died along/ with his men or win/ fend them off.

Then it would have not been historacly accurate...

Tangible God
Just like Davey Crockett.

Aduruth
Originally posted by Veneficus
Then it would have not been historacly accurate...

true but come on when has hollywood ever make a movie be just about 100% historically accurate, why start now, lol. thats a movie where they shouldve exagerated lol.

Dark Nemesis
This thread is O-L-D...

Tangible God
This is even older....

Darth Magnevus
I have seen a 32 page long thread

Tangible God
I've seen a 532 page long thread.

Veneficus
I have seen a 1000 page long thread...

Tangible God
Jesus Christ!

"Yes?"

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Veneficus
I have seen a 1000 page long thread... what thread?

Dark Nemesis
Check some of the threads in OTF. They are huuuuge!

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth Avis
what thread?

Some of you people forget that the SW forum isnt the only one on this website. I often visit the offtopic forums or some of the others and some of threads there are friggen long!

Darth Avis
ohhh yea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.