Christopher Walken to be Tarkin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithmaster
I heard alot of rumors about that but don't you think he kind of looks like the actor who played Tarkin in A New Hope?

UnknownBountyHunter
I dunno who Christopher Walken is, sorry sad But whoever does should be a young actor who resembles him. Of course these episodes take place in the past so he needs to be younger.

sithmaster
You don't know who he is?He was in Batman Returns and Sleepy Hollow.

Bail
Not Christopher Walken - anything but that!!!!! Save us from Hammy has-beens and never-wheres!!!!!

Hard to believe you don't know who Christopher Walken is (but count yourself lucky that you don't)Christopher walken has had a fairly long but not exactly illustrious career in B movies and (almost) straight to video films (Dead Zone, Things to do in Denver when you're dead etc), with only the occasional diversion into something that could be described as a moderate success. Imagine an american version of Rutger Hauer and thats Walken!

He'd be even worse for Star Wars than Samual L. Jackson and thats saying something!!!!!

Christopher Walken comes no where close to looking like a young Peter Cushing (for a start he'd have to shrink by a good foot or so!) - If you have to cast younger actors as existing characters stick with unkowns Mr. Lucas, stick with unkowns!

UnknownBountyHunter
I probably have seen him, just don't know his name.

kris the hutt
i think ralph fiennes would make the perfect tarkin,he looks like a young peter cushing

Xizor
I agree with Kris, Fiennes would be good for Tarken. Gary Oldman would be great to but he's a little to old and well known. Although a scene with him and his Professional co-star Portman that resembles the Leia/Tarkin interaction in ANH would be cool.

theEviljedi
Gabriel Burne

Xizor
I think it's Gabriel Bryne, he'd be good to he's a great evil actor. However he's in his mid-forties and dousn't look much like Tarkin. While on that topic, Walken looks nothing like Tarken and the guy's 50 years old.

The great Wise Master Brit Hunt
Tommy Lee Jones as Tarkin?

Xizor
Why must you people keep mentioning actors for Tarken that are old, well known and look nothing like him? Tommy Lee is th worst choice yet. At 55 Jones is practically as old as Tarken is in ANH(early 60's). You need an actor who is Thin, fairly short, hatchet faced and with a fairly prominent nose. Whoever is chosen should be in his mid-30's, no older then his early 40's. Fiennes fits all the catagories and is not very well known, he also sounds like Cushing. Oldmen fits too and he's an accent master. Please no more of this Tommy Lee Jones and Christopher Walken garbage, you're making me sick!

Keanu Reeves.

UnknownBountyHunter
I have the perfect guy. How about Squeak from the movie Baseketball? The one called little *****?

Xizor
Reeves is also too well known and will be busy on the next two Matrix movies. I'd also appreciate it if unknownbountyhunter stuck to useful advicesmile

UnknownBountyHunter
Why is that not useful? Have you even seen the movie. He looks like the perfect guy for the part, if you haven't seen the movie, pick it up at Blockbuster or something, once you see it you'll understand he is the most perfect little Tarkin.

Xizor
I've seen Baseketball, that guy looks somewhat like Tarken. He's too retarded and such a bad actor that I could never see him in the role. For that matter whoever plays Tarken must bring great acting skills and serious evil to the character so as not to lessen the brilliant performance given by the late Peter Cushing in ANH.

UnknownBountyHunter
Unless an actor has played in countless films where he has acted horribly you can never jump to the conclusion that his role in one movie will carry on characteristics to the next. I never really liked Robin Williams untill he played in Good Will Hunting as did I never liked Jim Carrey until Ace Ventura. I think if given the right amount of knowledge and practice Squeak could make an excellent Tarkin.

Val Kilmer.

UnknownBountyHunter
He looks nothing like Tarkin.

Xizor
Brit Hunt, don't make me repeat my feeling on how Tarken should be cast again. Jones, Reeves and Kilmer are all horrible choices. They are well known type cast actors who don't fit the qualifications of Tarken OR the qualifications of a Star Wars actor. Unknownbountyhunter, Ace was Carreys FIRST movie, if you're basing your opinion of him on what you saw before Ace (his stint on In Living Color) then you're doing the same thing I did with Squeak.

UnknownBountyHunter
Xizor, you are wrong. He played in many movies before that. Ace was considered his hollywood debut, pertaining to the fact that he never had star roles in a movie. He played in movies such as Pink Cadillac and Summer at Pismo Beach.

Xizor
Yeah well, I guess I assumed you wouldn't have had strong feelings of dislike for an actor you saw briefly in minor movies. I did that with Squeak though so let's drop this subject.

UnknownBountyHunter
Alrightty then.

And Rubber Face.

Jon Jeric
Nooooooooooooooooo you cant have walken in star wars it would be so bad.

Xizor
I think I've said thatsmile

Moobi Lamyr
I heard that Christopher Lee will be Tarkin's father.

Ratcat
To what end, where would be the plot value in that???

Tarkin should be portrayed in his late 30's in Ep-II, assmuming he was to even appears, which for the record I don't think he will.

Dim
Yeah, I think we would have heard something by now if he was in EP2.

Xantos Clone
I am a big fan of walkin!!! he has a kool way about him baby!!!

I see hime as a slimy trouble maker, but not a sith or jedi....he would be a good politician or maybe a gambler pilot type (like han or lando)

Ratcat
But as Dim rightly points out, we haven't heard anything of him being cast officially. I think that the recoding of him denying any knowledge of Star wars parts may have actually been authentic.

theEviljedi
I think he will make a apperence in episode III.

Ratcat
You think? Maybe but NOT as Hams father or anything else. I would want to see him as a new character who maybe gets killed near the end of the movie.

Star Wars Episode-III: The Walken Menace smile

Dim
I don't really have an opinion one way or another on Walkin...even though I do like him.

I wonder if he gets sick of playing the bad guy...

Ratcat
I think he likes it, it's a natural for him in a way. He's got that evil look. People start out trusting him and end up regretting it.

Dim
So you're saying basically that what you see is what you get?

Ratcat
No, actually the opposite I think. What you see initially is not what you get. He tends to play devious characters who play it nicey, nicey but are actually quite evil in intent.

DISCLAIMER: I am basing this ona very small number of his films so I muight be totally misjudging his repetiore.

Dim
Oh yeah...no I think you got it right. That is how he comes across.

Xantos Clone
if he was a sith lord....what would be a good like for him?....

"Hey come on...you know you want to the dark side baby!! it's a blast man!

"ok...have it YOUR way"

Dim
Man, thats a tough question...he's scary as he is...maybe he should be the guy with no pupils...Ick!

Ratcat
Just that voice and that statre. The pupiless look might actually damage his presences as he has those eyes... urghh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.