Coldfire's Poetry Stuff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Coldfire

space
Wow! Now this is real honest poetry! Kepp up the great words!

Coldfire
Thanks space! smile

Elessea
happy That was really good!

Dwarfdude
Very good.

P.S. You dont need the "@" for damn. wink

DreamingWarrior
nice work, keep it up yo!

Coldfire
Thanks everyone!! big grin I didn't know I had it in me! stick out tongue

peterKSL
wow...

that's the only word I can come up with...

Tassie
You're really good! eek! Don't stop! You have a real talent. smile

misha
omg coldfire your work is SO amazin! WELL DONE!

Coldfire
Thanks everyone!! in_love It means so much to me to see that people like them!! in_love

peterKSL
I like "betrayal" very much... in_love

Coldfire
Awww thanks! I did that one on the bus, believe it or not!! laughing out loud

Coldfire

Ou Be Low hoo
From reading your poems, it would appear that you have some self-confidence issues and more than a hint of paranoia...I recommend a weekly dose of physical recreation with your peers to run concurrently with a bit of poetry-related cold turkey...

Coldfire
Actually, no I don't. I just write about stuff that comes into my head, not necessarily what I'm feeling. Thanks for the recommendation, but I think I'll pass on it.....

Tassie
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
From reading your poems, it would appear that you have some self-confidence issues and more than a hint of paranoia...I recommend a weekly dose of physical recreation with your peers to run concurrently with a bit of poetry-related cold turkey...

Poetry that's bitter does not necessarily mean that the writer has any issues.. most poetry, especially from writers around this age, is bitter, but this good stuff, very beautiful, and poets usually prefer appreciation than advice, or the suggestion that there're some personal issues that need sorting.
Ugh, I have a tendency to stray from a point.. I love the poem. love

Coldfire
Thanks so much Tassie!!! I don't mind getting advice and all, but that was kinda..... I dunno.... uncalled for....

peterKSL
It was kinda freaky... but then, it's still ok... (I think... confused )

Anyway... nice poem big grin

How do you have those stamina to write such a long poem? I just can't do it... sad

PrinceofBlades
Well if something drives you long enough, you can do just about anything.

Coldfire
-nodnod- Exactly. I just like... I dunno.... saw the poem in my mind.... and I just had to put it down on paper.... I didn't do the whole thing at one sitting, so to speak, but the idea never wavered in my head. smile I'm gonna try and work on one that is a lot happier.....

calvinNhobbes
Hey coldfire I read your poems and I like Betrayal the best. It reminds me of the heart ache you didn't see coming because the moment was so new and different. The second one sounds like it could be a cool introduction to interesting story. If I could carry my thoughts through that much focus for that long I would be a better writer. I think you should or probably do write some interesting short stories. I want to see what happens to coldfire in the poem. Keep going.

Coldfire
Awww thanks!! love Well, I do like writing stories and stuff! big grin Add some more to that? Yeah, I could prolly do that... big grin

DreamingWarrior
hahahhaaha. Coldfire, you write with style and you have wonderful work. don't allow anyone to persuade you differently. I know. I have been writing since about 9, and I am 22 now, still writing. KMC Poets Represent!!!!

DreamingWarrior
beyond that, write what is in your head, your heart, hell, even a ditty you hummed once. It is all you. Your soul placed upon paper. Write it down. Save it. Read it. You may learn about the woman in you more from these parchments than any psych can ever hope to tell you.

Tassie
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior
hahahhaaha. Coldfire, you write with style and you have wonderful work. don't allow anyone to persuade you differently. I know. I have been writing since about 9, and I am 22 now, still writing. KMC Poets Represent!!!!

Whoa, that's quite a while..big grin I've been writing since I was.. about 14.. and I'm now 15. stick out tongue So that's not very long lol.

Coldfire

Thank you thank you thank you!! That means sooo incredibly much to me hug

Coldfire
beyond that, write what is in your head, your heart, hell, even a ditty you hummed once. It is all you. Your soul placed upon paper. Write it down. Save it. Read it. You may learn about the woman in you more from these parchments than any psych can ever hope to tell you.

Yeah, I've been doing that actually; even the stuff that I don't necessarily like all that much, cuz you never know if you'll be able to find a way to improve it, or if you'll come to like it or what.

Lol, Tassie that's longer than I have been! I've only been writing for a couple months big grin

DreamingWarrior
haha geez. what am i a geezer???? hahaha

Coldfire
Well we're not 22, I'll tell you that! big grin I'm 16 (well, darn near anyways), and I only got into poetry a couple months ago becuz I had to do some school projects and I decided it was really fun to do big grin

DreamingWarrior
**ROTFLMAO* no really. that made me laugh like a maniac. hahahahahahah.
Well we're not 22, I'll tell you that!
christ... throw me in the grave why dont ya.... hahahhahaha!!!!!
get a move on gramps! yer 22 and yer OLD!!! hahahhaha.
thanks for the laugh. unintended or not. *shakes head and still laughs.*
always keep that spitfire attitude. dont let life cool your flames.

Tassie
LOL! laughing out loud
That wasn't what we meant, anyways, DW..stick out tongue 22 ain't old.

haha geez. what am i a geezer???? hahaha

laughing out loud

Coldfire
laughing I didn't mean it like that, but I have to say that is WAS funny! big grin And yeah, ain't that old at all.... at least you're not like 80 or something!! ROFLMAO

DreamingWarrior
hahhahahhahahaa! they dont have a smiley for my grin... (think of a dude grinning with just his right side of his face) ahhh humor, the nectar of the saints...

Coldfire
laughing Yes, the nectar of saints..... big grin

DreamingWarrior
hahaha. happy

Coldfire
#happy# Argh, I was gonna post some more poems, but then I'd have to go and find them.... Ah well, I'll do it later, lol.

Coldfire

Coldfire

DreamingWarrior
phew... damn girl.... haha. the freedom scheme is cool and welldone, and the poems truly convey a sense of strong emotion. great stuff.

Glad I am not that guy in # 2 also... hahahah wink
keep it up dahlin.

Coldfire
Thanks DW hug I usually don't rhyme, as you can see, lol. I'm working on it though. And yeah, you're definitely not him wink He was originally my computer laughing but was transformed into a person for some odd reason.... erm lol

Tassie
I really like them. big grin Esp the first one- a lot like what i can relate to. bag

Tassie
Originally posted by Coldfire
He was originally my computer laughing but was transformed into a person for some odd reason.... erm lol

LOL! big grin

Coldfire
laughing Yeah, I really don't know how that happened.... Ah well, I like the result, and that's all that matters big grin

Coldfire

DreamingWarrior
Great one sweets. hey, write one on dragons, if you can, please.

Coldfire
That's a good idea DW, thanks. I'll work on that big grin

FŽanor
good one cold....tricky subject "time"

if not done properly, it can seem overly done

DreamingWarrior
hah yeah. best rhyme i have seen on temporal subjects is from Hootie and the Blowfish. awesome song, great band.

Coldfire

DreamingWarrior
haha! yeah, 11th is a pretty groovy time, just keep up your GPA and get ready for college !! Yeah!!

Tassie
Dude, I need a lot of that thing called time.. I waste mine too much. ermm

But nice stuff, as usual. I love your stuff. big grin

Coldfire
haha! yeah, 11th is a pretty groovy time, just keep up your GPA and get ready for college !! Yeah!!

I think grade 11 is gonna be a blast big grin Despite how we are gonna have double blocked classes, which will be insane.... lol. I've got the marks, just gotta keep them up as high as they are stick out tongue

And thanks Tassie! hug

DreamingWarrior
Ya, 11th was my fave grade. Had a great time, First concert, first girlfriend, whole lotta firsts... ahhahahahah! Just try your hardest. We got yo back sistuh!!! hahahahahahha! You too Tassie-gal!

Tassie

Zatch_Bell
Great work cold fire. Keep it up. See you in Draguna Darkness.

Coldfire

Tassie
Makes good inspiration for a new poem though! zorro

ok, i'm messing up your poetry thread.. continue posting your lovely poetry..embarrasment

DreamingWarrior

DreamingWarrior
Originally posted by Tassie

ok, i'm messing up your poetry thread.. continue posting your lovely poetry..embarrasment

??? What the f**k? what, like you arent worthy to post here? hahahahaha! *mutters..."weiber...."*

Coldfire

Nope, you're not messing it up at all.... This way it doesn't seem so neglected between poems, lol. I'm gonna post more soon hopefully happy

Coldfire
hahaha let em come naturally. DO NOT! do not rush into anything... take it from my own experience... fegh. Rushing stuff just taints it.
And, hey! You gals and guys got a lotta time to have fun, so do so! get out, go camping, go babe-watching or guy-watching, hit the arcade, go bowling, just get outta the house! Enjoy it. wink

I might be going camping this weekend happy And I know I'm gonna swims tons and try to get an awesome tan stick out tongue Guy watching's always fun too big grin hahaha

DreamingWarrior
ha! as a guy, I will say we do appreciate a nice tan, and being watched... sometimes... hahahaha! Of course, we all enjoy watching too!

Coldfire
Hahaha big grin Guys like it when you stroke their egos happy haha stick out tongue

FŽanor
I might be going camping this weekend happy And I know I'm gonna swims tons and try to get an awesome tan stick out tongue Guy watching's always fun too big grin hahaha eek! a tan!!!! yah gotta post a pic...i know off topic no expression

DreamingWarrior

FŽanor
Hahaha big grin Guys like it when you stroke their egos happy haha stick out tongue

i'll uh....keep this rated pg shifty

DreamingWarrior

Coldfire

Coldfire
hahahahahahahahahah!! like i said, i ain't gonna say no more... hahahahah!!!

*sighs with content after a good laugh* come on cold, more poems!

lmao! Oh right... Well I think I might have some hiding on my comp... I'll go look...

DreamingWarrior
Ha! I didn't even really get a tan.... burned in one spot.... embarrasment lmao. When I get a good one, then I'll post it happy

Look now! Schnell! hahaha what spot?? heh heh heh ! just kidding, dont answer that! hahahaah! bring on that dragon poem yo!

Coldfire
Lmao I'm not gonna answer that stick out tongue Oh right I forgot about posting poems lol. I'll do it when I get home. The dragon one, or ones I guess are nearly finished happy

FŽanor
Ha! I didn't even really get a tan.... burned in one spot.... embarrasment lmao. When I get a good one, then I'll post it happy riiiiiiiiiiiiiight wink

promises, promises....

Coldfire

Coldfire

Tassie
I love that sad Comes from a place I know, too

Coldfire
Thanks Tassie big grin

DreamingWarrior

Coldfire
I did? eek! Nice! lol

DreamingWarrior
Yeah you did! hahaha!

DreamingWarrior
and it was posted on my thread in the wee mornin hours!

Coldfire
Haha nice stick out tongue

Coldfire

Coldfire

DreamingWarrior

DreamingWarrior

Coldfire
haha i like it! very light on spirit in that it doesnt weigh on your heart! now, the question is WHO!???!!! hahahahaha!

You wanna know who eh?? Well I know and he knows hahaha stick out tongue

Tassie
I really like them both big grin
happy The love poem really inspired me... I want to write one now, but it's already so late.. bored

Coldfire
Lol ya get some sleep, then write a great poem tomorrow happy

D-Double
Great poems, Coldfire. I especially like Betrayed and Sinking... smile

They seem very raw and straight forward. I really like them.

DreamingWarrior
You wanna know who eh?? Well I know and he knows hahaha stick out tongue hahahaha well... I shall have to send out my minions to find him! haha!!!! LOL wink

DreamingWarrior
So hey, write more! hahaha

Coldfire
Originally posted by D-Double
Great poems, Coldfire. I especially like Betrayed and Sinking... smile

They seem very raw and straight forward. I really like them.

Thanks DD! hug The sinking ones I actually did for an English project lol stick out tongue

Coldfire
So hey, write more! hahaha

Lol I think I have some stored away on my comp somewhere haha. I'll go look.....

Coldfire

DreamingWarrior
Ouch. some experience with girls like that is why I have broken my fists a few times in youth... dont get like that now. I will just leave their slutty-ho-bag-scrog-anyone self at the club and drive home, like I did last time... haha cool stuff yo! Gotta get that dragon poem going !

Tassie
I saved that one..big grin
That was really good.... people like that sicken me. no expression And I hate it when people start rumours about me about stuff like that^^

Coldfire
Ouch. some experience with girls like that is why I have broken my fists a few times in youth... dont get like that now. I will just leave their slutty-ho-bag-scrog-anyone self at the club and drive home, like I did last time... haha cool stuff yo! Gotta get that dragon poem going !

Lol that's the way to do it big grin Oh the dragon poem... I have it somewhere.... crap have to find it in my room hahaha

Coldfire

DreamingWarrior
Hey glad you put it here, too. I like. very sweet and sentimental.

Coldfire
Thank you happy It felt so nice to write some non-depressing stuff for once haha wink

fantasygirl
Awesome poetry!!!!!

Coldfire
Thanks fantasygirl happy

fantasygirl
Did u read my PM?

Coldfire
As you saw, yep I did happy

domini_beauty15
HI! I want to let u know that I really like ur poems.you should keep
on writing mor poems.

Coldfire
Aww thanks domini hug I'm trying to write some more, but I can't really seem to come up with anything at the moment lol.

DreamingWarrior
Aww thanks domini hug I'm trying to write some more, but I can't really seem to come up with anything at the moment lol. so do a creative session. take down some mundane things and some not so mundane, like the wind, a pen, a book, a tree, and write them on paper. then, take a minute and describe them, really describe them, in a poetic light. where you write wind, say; wind: a sweeping whisper of coolness that rushes over me. a pen: smaller than any blade, but responsible for so much more blood. a book: an ancient and musty portal to a fantastic new life. a tree: the guardian of shade and shadow that beasts and birds feel safe among. or something like that. helps the creative juices to flow.

Coldfire
Lol wow that was good happy Well I did eventually come up with something... but it is so incredibly long, and its not done yet hahaha stick out tongue But I did a different one that I have to type up when I get home or something.

DreamingWarrior
do it now......now....NOW..... ahhahahhaha!

Elessea
big grin yeah...i totally layed outside and wrote poetry by candlelight last night happy it was great big grin

Tassie
Lol.. the life of us poets, huh stick out tongue ^^

'Free' is very sweet happy

Coldfire
Lol thanks everyone hug I'll post one here in a sec...

Coldfire

DreamingWarrior
Originally posted by Elessea
big grin yeah...i totally layed outside and wrote poetry by candlelight last night happy it was great big grin Originally posted by Tassie
Lol.. the life of us poets, huh stick out tongue ^^

'Free' is very sweet happy ahhahaa yup! and groovy way to spend an eve, Sea. ^^^^Cold, finally a dragon poem. hahahhaha! good one!

vaya_the_elf
You have a good imagination smile

Tassie
when i started reading, i thought it was a cat embarrasment
But coming to the end, I caught on..big grin

Your descriptions are really efficient.. it's really nice..happy

Coldfire
DW: Yeah yeah finally a dragon poem stick out tongue I have another one that's not finished too happy But thanks big grin

Vaya: Lol thanks. I've been told a time or two that I have too big of an imagination stick out tongue

Tassie: Well it does kinda sound like a cat.... except for the 'batlike wings' lol stick out tongue Thanks Tassie happy

DreamingWarrior
yay! friend!!! Mis amigos: bordom, shyguy, snehin, Lord Follen, rodeoangel, bordumsboy, Tassie, [email protected], Feanor, BartmanX, Keiji, DreamingWarrior, ZatchBell, impchimp, bellyjeans_349, choosewisely, D-Double, dark1365, eggmayo, Gen. Grevious, IceWithin, spidergrl hahahhahahaha!!!!

Coldfire
Lol stick out tongue Of course you're on there DW yes

Elessea
I thought cat at first too happy and who says kitties cant have wings stick out tongue

I lover dragons though!

Coldfire

Tassie
Aww.. poor kitty^^ cry evil dragon

Coldfire
Awww it's ok Tassie hug Kitty lives, don't worry yes A mage comes and heals his leg big grin

DreamingWarrior
Lol stick out tongue Of course you're on there DW yes hahahahaa yay me! *feels special* ahhahaa!n wink

DreamingWarrior
Aww.. poor kitty^^ cry evil dragon momma dragon...Originally posted by Coldfire
Awww it's ok Tassie hug Kitty lives, don't worry yes A mage comes and heals his leg big grin haha!

and for the twist, kitty eats mage! ahhahaha! j/k

Coldfire
momma dragon... haha!

and for the twist, kitty eats mage! ahhahaha! j/k

Yep yep momma dragon yes

Kitty eats mage??!! No kitty becomes a familiar to the mage hahaha big grin

DreamingWarrior
hahaaha

Coldfire

Coldfire

Coldfire

DreamingWarrior
Those are great Cold. Really enjoy them all! bring the rest!

twin_soul
Lol this is bout my brother cuz he kicked me off the computer and was bein a real jerk stick out tongue big grin

ROFLMAO!!! laughing Wow, I guess u really got mad at ur brother, eh? smile Your poetry is awesome!! truly inspiring... damn, now i have to write. I've been on a streak of blankness since uhh... about 3 months ago I think. Bah, i'm too tired now... maybe I'll write something tomorrow big grin

Coldfire
Originally posted by twin_soul
ROFLMAO!!! laughing Wow, I guess u really got mad at ur brother, eh? smile Your poetry is awesome!! truly inspiring... damn, now i have to write. I've been on a streak of blankness since uhh... about 3 months ago I think. Bah, i'm too tired now... maybe I'll write something tomorrow big grin

Yeah I was soooooo incredibly mad at him, so I shut myself in my room and wrote poetry stick out tongue Thanks so much hug Yes you have to write more yes big grin I'm looking forward to reading it.

And thanks to you too DW hug Might put some more up when I get home, but I have an exam to do today... confused

DreamingWarrior
you do your best ok?! see ya!

Coldfire

DreamingWarrior
Glad you got through it hahahaha! nice.

Coldfire
happy

black_goku#1
Ok here's another one. It's "Sinking..." redone, cuz we had to do a poem with lots of metaphors in it. So here it is:

I stand here watching,
From the outside looking in,
A raven among the pheasants.
I listen as my so-called friends
Joke, laugh, and have fun without me.
I am a piece of the sidewalk;
Forgotten and ignored.
They have once again left me on my own.

Why am I the one being shunned,
A leper that no one wants to touch?
Is it because they never really liked me?
That they are leopards who don?t change their spots?
So all this time they?ve just been pretending?
And I was stupid enough to go along with it,
A lamb led to the slaughter?
No one really seems to care.

Sometimes I really do believe
That I am all alone in this world;
The last dragon left on this earth,
Forced to live the rest of its days
As the sole survivor of its kind.
And when the pain and fear comes to call,
No one will be there to help me cope;
I?m a cut flower left to die in the hot sun.

I begin to sink deeper,
Into a well that seems to have no end.
I lose myself inside my own world,
The world I?ve created inside my head
To escape the pain, the fear, the hate, the loneliness.
It is a jewel among ordinary stones,
And it keeps me going when I?ve lost my will to.
I am lost inside illusions and dreams.

And so I block everyone and everything out,
Locking up my tortured heart.
My heart is now a ball of the hardest steel,
And it will never be hurt like that again.
My so-called friends cannot see
All the changes taking place inside of me.
They only continue their fun,
And their exclusion of me.

They finally do see the changes,
But they are indifferent;
Stiff royalty sitting on their thrones.
And it is too late anyway;
I am just too far gone over the edge,
To even think about turning back now.
I look at these people unsympathetically;
An eagle hungrily eyeing a little white rabbit.

I become as I have been named:
Coldfire, she with an icy, uncaring heart
And a fire that burns deep within her soul.
She is there inside of me, I feel her,
And she is becoming very restless.
She burns with all the emotions I feel;
A phoenix ready for full flight.
A dragon, awakened and ravenous.

I feel the fire growing within me,
And I feed it everything,
Each hurtful word, each scornful gaze, everything.
I can feel Coldfire inside my head,
Trying to take over my body.
She is thunder and lightning rolled into one,
And she is aching for revenge;
She is howling for their blood.

And although revenge would taste so sweet,
I don?t let Coldfire take hold of me.
She screams at me,
Demanding to give those so-called friends
Their appropriate and just punishments.
She is rage personified,
And I just barely get her back under control.
I am beginning to slip.

I try to dampen the fire within me,
Using coldness I didn?t know I possessed.
Not knowing that, in doing so,
I was burning myself away,
Day by day,
Hour by hour,
Minute by minute.
I am being consumed by my own emotions.

I realize that it?s too late,
And there?s nothing I can do to stop it.
Coldfire is like a tidal wave,
Helping me in my self-destruction,
This suicide of my mind and soul.
My so-called friends have finally realized there?s something wrong,
But they are much too late.
I am fading away.

I?m being replaced by something I wasn?t;
An uncaring, unfeeling, stone-like person.
It has become very hard to control my body,
For Coldfire has moved in,
With the swiftness of a cheetah,
And taken over my voluntary actions.
Like a viper, she strikes
At the most inopportune moments.

I am then shoved into the back,
Where I can only watch helplessly
As she does things I would never do,
And says things I would never say.
Look what you?ve done to me!
I try to shout to my so-called friends.
But they are statues and don?t hear me,
And that will be their very last mistake.

With Coldfire now in place,
My so-called friends would be better off dead;
They have no idea what?s in store for them.
But I know all too well,
Just what Coldfire wants to do to them.
She is a torture chamber
Hidden inside a human body.
My so-called friends are doomed.

i like a lot.
hey life will get better

Coldfire
Originally posted by black_goku#1
i like a lot.
hey life will get better

Thanks happy Life has gotten soooooo much better, believe me yes Tho I didn't feel depressed and stuff when I wrote that, interestingly enough stick out tongue

FŽanor
Originally posted by black_goku#1
i like a lot.
hey life will get better so you wrote that for class???

in time your poetry will mature into something incredible.....for now it is an excellent piece of work, like a seed waiting to germinate into a beautiful flower waiting to be discovered....

and when you've mastered the ability to tune out the real world to explore the surreal mind, the explosion of creativity will not be held....

Coldfire

FŽanor
Yeah I wrote that for class yes

Lol well I'm hoping that's what its been doing stick out tongue

'tune out the real world to explore the surreal mind' eh? Well I think I've at least touched on that.... tho maybe not here.... lol no....kmc has a way of dulling the thinking process

case in point: i should be writing my script, but i'm not

seriously tho - you've got a lot talent in you....i won't be surprise if you should get your work published

Coldfire
OMG I am soooo psyched now!! I went to an awards ceremony tonight... and instead of getting nothing like I expected, I got two medals!!! eek! eek! lol here's a pic of em: http://photobucket.com/albums/y110/Nightfeather/Random%20stuff/?action=view&current=MEDALS.jpg

Aren't they beautiful?? love lol stick out tongue They even have my name on the back big grin

FŽanor
OMG I am soooo psyched now!! I went to an awards ceremony tonight... and instead of getting nothing like I expected, I got two medals!!! eek! eek! lol here's a pic of em: http://photobucket.com/albums/y110/Nightfeather/Random%20stuff/?action=view&current=MEDALS.jpg

Aren't they beautiful?? love lol stick out tongue They even have my name on the back big grin eek!AWESOME!!!!

i'm so jealous disgust

Coldfire

Coldfire

FŽanor
big grin ... actually i'm happy for yah

couldn't have happened to a nicer person hug

congrats btw!!!

Coldfire

Coldfire
Lol and I finally got a pic eek!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y110/Nightfeather/Me%20and%20Friends/?action=view&current=PICCY2.jpg

and another

http://photobucket.com/albums/y110/Nightfeather/Me%20and%20Friends/?action=view&current=PICCY2.jpg

big grin big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>