The Bass Players Toolkit (Guitarists too!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
Hey there,

I am just trying to work out what items i would need to create a bassplayers toolkit, to prepare for any mishap that might happen! I can think of these items:

- new strings
- soldering iron + flux
- screwdriver
- spare battery
- spare leads
- polish
- rags/tissues
- spare nuts & bolts
- picks

anything else you can think of? im sure there must be more but my mind has gone blank.

thanks in advance for any ideas!

Cinemaddiction
Spare strap and a tuner would probably help..

ChickinMeat
hmm good idea, ill add them to the list.

mr.smiley
if you can,get a back up bass.Just incase you run into a problem that's gonna need a lot of fixing

ChickinMeat
yeah i got one of those, just unfortunatly its a pile of crap compared to my main one!

mr.smiley
maybe a pair of tweezers.
if a tone knob ever comes loose it might be handy

Darth Revan
Having an extra pickguard around is nice...

sk8stuff09
how come more ppl play reg guitar than bass

mr.smiley
cause bass players belong to a very private club and only the coolest people get in

ChickinMeat
yeah, our club is 1337.

to join, you must pass a set number of grueling tests, such as the bridge of death

PRO-PAIN
Originally posted by mr.smiley
cause bass players belong to a very private club and only the coolest people get in

I'm a charter member of that club stick out tongue

http://img221.echo.cx/img221/4892/me12cu.jpg

Also it never hurts to have an extra set of stap locks, I've actually broken two sets of them on stage...

Also like Mr. smiley said it never hurts to have a spare bass handy either.

Oh yeah don't forget a case of Budweiser to go with it... stick out tongue

ChickinMeat
strap locks! i knew i forgot something simple.

and i do have a backup bass, problem is i am traveling internationally, and can only really take 1 bass with me due to baggage allowance.

but the budweiser is essential, i cannot believe i forgot the budweiser stick out tongue

PRO-PAIN
Wow playing internationally and only taking one bass?

When I played over seas, I took four basses, and If you'll look in the pic I posted and look in my road case behind me I carried two bass heads at all times just in case. cool

ChickinMeat
lol well, im not really playing internationally, just traveling internationally!

im going to music college in the UK, but hopefully one day i will play internationally for real. I will be hard up for cash when i get there, so want to get a toolkit done here (NZ) whilst i still have money.

hope that explains it a little bit!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.