Kaiser Chiefs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Libertine
I really like the Kaiser Chiefs now. I predict a riot was brill, and oh my God was really good too. But the one that has got me is the new song everyday i love you less and less. I love that song!

What do you think of them?

MildPossession
Their music doesn't do anything for me.

Libertine
I think its really fun, it totally gets me moving. The lead singer is really cool too.

Df02
you know what i love?

NME..... oh wait, no they just told me to say that

Libertine
I do infact like NME, they talk about the bands i like.

Its better than reading Kerrang.

jaden101
i redict a riot is good...the rest of the album was disapointingly dull

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahaha, NME better than Kerrang.

NME jump on the cock of whoever is popular then deny they ever liked them whenever the spotlight isn't on them anymore. Bunch of know nothing morons.

Kerrang have some shit writers but the best writers from Kerrang tower over anything ever produced by NME ever.

-AC

Morning_Glory
I got that NME magazine yesterday - and someone stole the promo CD off the cover ... grrrrr

are Kaiser Chiefs really that great? just curious... love brit music!

Df02
the bar i go to we get given NME magazines free confused

Alpha Centauri
Allow me to express my sorrow for you.

-AC

Korri
laughing out loud i dont buy magazines, im too poor..

Morning_Glory
well there arent many brit magazines in america.. that are easy to find... and NME is easy to find at Borders- like $5.50 - which is sort of expensive for a little magazine...

NME isnt that bad...

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, it is. It's shit. Compared to good magazines.

However in your case, you don't get many magazines. So compared to nothing, NME may seem passable.

-AC

jaden101
magazines are geared towards certain markets... kerrang for metal fans and NME for indie/alternative bands...if you want to pigeon hole genres in that way

i personally think kerrang is total shit because i think the bands it features are total shit

but we have been through this debate before

Alpha Centauri
Mastodon, Slayer, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers Vs The Bravery, Razorlight, The Killers, Keane, Coldplay.

Yeah, NME clearly has a wealth of amazing bands compared to the people who Kerrang interview.

NME don't just feature shit bands, they have shit writers and they are a shit magazine. They are a bunch of know nothing, trend hopping, band blowing morons.

Proof? Pablo Honey. "Radiohead will never ever get out of the shadow of Creep, ever." Then OK Computer rolled around. "We always knew they had this potential."

Yeah sure.

-AC

jaden101
a history of NME

i'd say they have championed many a good and influential band over the years

cant say i like some of the stuff they are going on about now...most of them seem to be white stripes meets the thermals...and i hate the thermals

but we have been through all this before...different strokes for different folks

Alpha Centauri
They were the first to put Eminem on the cover, so? Big deal.

The Stone Roses, Oasis and U2 don't impress me either. More to the point, when did covers matter to the content of a publication? They have a bunch of fashion fellators writing for them.

I already showed what they did with Radiohead and what they continue to do. They like every band that sounds the same because that way they can just write the same review in slightly changed overtones and have all the NME readers follow. In Kerrang you can read a Foo Fighters review next to a NIN review next to a Slayer review.

Yeah, different strokes and all that but it being the first to do something and then becoming the worst to do that same thing is possibly the worst progression ever. Which NME have achieved.

-AC

jaden101
the same NME that interiewed trent reznor a couple of weeks ago?

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, the same Trent Reznor who's also on tour and releasing an album soon. The same Trent they didn't give a shit about till Kerrang featured an article on him.

-AC

Libertine
Ok this thread isnt Nme vs Kerrang.

I do think that nme have a tendincy to do what AC was saying. But ive always felt that kerrang are a little to impoinated and are most for 13 year old slipknot fans, but i still buy both if they feature a band that i like.

The only mag i buy reigoeusly is Q, but thats only because they have interesting interviews and lots of reviews.

Anyway lets get back to the topic.

Alpha Centauri
Why would the magazine be for 13 year old Slipknot fans? Bit of a dumb generalisation.

Q is almost as bad as NME, well Q actually rate Justin Timberlake highly. So that says alot.

Kaiser Chiefs, shouldn't be as big as they are, but it's the flavour of the month so they will be.

-AC

Libertine
I really enjoy listening to their music. They really cheer me up.

jaden101
cant say i like Q all that much...there is far to much pointless articles to get through...

and im sure NME use kerrang as a point of reference to decide who they are going to feature roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
Wouldn't surprise me being that they use every other magazine to determine everything else. The only people they've ever featured first are those that are already huge so they can't go "wrong".

Sheep controlling sheep is all they are.

-AC

MildPossession
I'd rather read Metal Hammer than Kerrang. I don't really get any music magazines now, I get the odd Uncut or Mojo if there is something of interest in the magazine. All my money goes into film magazines.

Never read NHM, so wouldn't know what it is like.

Df02
NHM? not even close to NME :P

Alpha Centauri
Close enough. Another magazine with HM in the title probably targets the same readers as NME.

-AC

Morning_Glory
love Oasis... droolio

Libertine
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Wouldn't surprise me being that they use every other magazine to determine everything else. The only people they've ever featured first are those that are already huge so they can't go "wrong".

Sheep controlling sheep is all they are.

-AC

I know you dont like the libertines and that but they featured them on the front cover before they were big, cos they hadnt even released their first single, just some journalsits saw them live and thought they would be huge one day.

Anyway back to the topic.

Morning_Glory
they arent so bad.. been listening to them lately... their music makes me want to go back to the 80s bored

not sure if that is a good thing or not

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah, the same Trent Reznor who's also on tour and releasing an album soon. The same Trent they didn't give a shit about till Kerrang featured an article on him.

-AC

who'd have thought it...trent reznor whoring himself out to mainstream music mags in order to get publicity and make a few extra bucks...corporate wanker

stick out tongue

Saiyanpirate
ok this may sound like a lie, but i swears its true. Where i live, South Africa Cape Town there is a soccer club called the Kaizer Chiefs rock

Red Superfly
I like the Kaiser Chiefs, I think they make good catchy pop tunes.

However, I find listening to their songs more than a few times to be a bit tiresome. They don't seem to be a band that will stand the test of time.

They remind me a lot of Franz Ferdinand. I agree that they are a bit too "flavour of the month".

Also, as a guitar player myself, I look for something more intricate and impressive.

Bad Boy
DEATH TO CHARITY SHOP BANDS!!!!!!!!

Morning_Glory
"charity shop bands" blink

Libertine
Originally posted by Bad Boy
DEATH TO CHARITY SHOP BANDS!!!!!!!!

Why i love them...

Anyway, i know songs like i predict a riot isnt going to actually start a riot the way old punks did, but that was then and this is now, its so much more harder to shock people these days.

rightiothen
I really like the song i predict a riot. Its cool.

Libertine
Yeah it really is, but the new one i think is so much more better.

Red Superfly
I still like The Kaiser Chiefs, and personality wise they sound like the kind of guys you could go for a drink with down the pub and have a laugh. They have a cool attitude. That's as far as I'll go with that, as it's the music thats important.

But yeah, their music is still pretty good. Even though I said I like incricate and impressive music, I can't deny that some of the simplicity has to be noted. I love the bassy rythym to "Oh My God" still. They aren't the second coming by a long shot, but I'll enjoy'em.

Libertine
Im not looking for a legendary band that will change the face of music as we know it because i'll never listen to music around now. Im just enjoying whats out there, and i have to admit there are some pretty amazing bands out there these days.

Alpha Centauri
There have always been pretty amazing bands out there.

-AC

Libertine
No shit sherlock!

But compared to how people say there isnt any good music since the 21st centery hit should start listening around a bit.

Alpha Centauri
Yes because that made total sense didn't it Watson?

Go sit in the closet.

-AC

Libertine
Read it again, until you undrstand pet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.